PDA

View Full Version : Palermo 2R: (3) Errani def. (Q) Lucic 60 76

fouc
Jul 15th, 2010, 07:03 PM
:(

I'm not sure if I can enjoy watching Lucic. It's like a lottery. In the end I was scared when Sara was to hit her junk 2nd serve, cuz Lucic would do all sorts of terrible mistakes there. Glad that she raised her game so much in the 2nd, but her positioning and footwork are terrible :sobbing:

Dave.
Jul 15th, 2010, 07:05 PM
LOL at Lucic getting angry with herself in the tie-break. What does she expect?

Still some :drool: returns from her.

Zamboni
Jul 15th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Well done Sara. :)
First set was awful from Lucic, but still Sara did pretty good, as far as she had to do anything at all. Second set, Mirjana was actually hitting some balls in, and Sara's serve was, well, Sara's serve, which made it quite close. Glad Sara took it in 2 :)

Good luck vs Kaia!

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jul 15th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Lucic seriously looked like a club player in the first set and only won 5 points in total, but really turned it around by the end. Encouraging signs for the rest of the summer.

Boreas
Jul 15th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Lucic:happy: We haven't been missing much since her departure for Challengers - her game consists of 2 tactical(?) moves: full force forehand and full force backhand

ajmo!
Jul 15th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Boreas, Don't Watch Her Matches If You Don't Like Her And Everyone Will Be Happy

Myggen
Jul 15th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Quite boring to watch a player who can't even keep every second shot in court. She really needs to adjust her power according to her court positioning and her position to the ball, cause the wta is getting more consistent and she will never win anything playing like this.

Sasja
Jul 15th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Mirjana :hug:

The Dawntreader
Jul 15th, 2010, 07:19 PM
I'm always shocked that people are shocked when Lucic often makes many errors per match.

This is the overwhelming characteristic of her career, and it will never rectify itself to a huge degreee now.

I for one though, loved the aggression/recklessness in her game:drool:

lucho_coria
Jul 15th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Quite boring to watch a player who can't even keep every second shot in court. She really needs to adjust her power according to her court positioning and her position to the ball, cause the wta is getting more consistent and she will never win anything playing like this.

But she won 4 matches in this tournament :lol:

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 15th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Better effort in the second set Mirjana :hug: No use listening to haters, keep your head up high.

Ellery
Jul 15th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Well done Sara :yeah:

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 15th, 2010, 07:29 PM
I'm always shocked that people are shocked when Lucic often makes many errors per match.
I agree, it's expected. It's just about how many winners she can mix in among the plethora of errors. In the second set today, she almost did it, but a couple points here and there made the difference. It's not like Errani did much, she pushed and looped on everything. One could argue she was just as one dimensional as Lucic, in that sense.

Myggen
Jul 15th, 2010, 07:33 PM
But she won 4 matches in this tournament :lol:

True :)

njnetswill
Jul 15th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Is Lucic like Sprem then? Haven't seen Lucic live since that WC-uglyfest vs Kimiko in Auckland.

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 15th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Is Lucic like Sprem then? Haven't seen Lucic live since that WC-uglyfest vs Kimiko in Auckland.
A bit except to be honest, Mirjana has a better ability to sustain rallies off the ground than Karolina. Sprem's shot selection is even poorer and her extreme grips cause more mishits and wayward errors. Her serve is a bit more consistent than Mirjana, but that's it.

Also, Mirjana is a very capable drop shotter and volleyer. Karolina can't do either, especially volley.

cn ireland
Jul 15th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Mirjana:sad:!!

Still well done on making the MD and winning a match:)!!

Shepster
Jul 15th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Where on earth was the dropshot in this match? First serious one attempted late in the second set, when you've got someone running around like a headless chicken behind the baseline retrieving everything mix it up :s

Glad of the turnaround in form and eventual fight in the second set (:yeah:), first set was beyond hideous from Lucic. :help:

ajmo!
Jul 15th, 2010, 08:52 PM
She can play drop shots and volleys, didn't do it today. One of the reasons she lost.

Adrian1092
Jul 15th, 2010, 11:38 PM
Well done Sarita :woohoo: Keep going v Kaia :yeah:

Jakeev
Jul 16th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Sounds like Lucic is a 28-year old version of her younger self. But with that being said, people should praise the fact she has overcome her tortured young adult life and perhaps still might make a successful run for herself before it's too late.

Mirjana is working her arse off and you have to giver her credit for being able to be on this stage again. She is still a work in progress folks.

SERVivor
Jul 16th, 2010, 08:55 PM
agreed.

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 16th, 2010, 11:36 PM
x2

The Dawntreader
Jul 16th, 2010, 11:43 PM
Mirjana is working her arse off and you have to giver her credit for being able to be on this stage again. She is still a work in progress folks.

Totally true.

You can kick and spit on her game if you want, but her determined and concerted work ethic over the last few years is extremely commendable. It would've been so easy for her to leave the game.

BartoliBabes
Jul 17th, 2010, 10:36 AM
i think Mirjana's doing really well... she coulda won that 2nd set and she won 4 matches in this tournament... keep going :inlove: