PDA

View Full Version : Prague: 2r Lucie Hradecka def. Monica Niculescu 6:1, 6:2

darkangel23
Jul 15th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Wow Lucie :eek:

First time I've seen her play live and I was really impressed she hits the ball really hard and flat :drool:

Shepster
Jul 15th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Monica made Lucie look like a world beater :worship:

Inadvertant comedy commentary :

"That's a HUGE serve from Niculescu"
- 150kph :lol:

"We've seen a dramatic improvement in the game of Niculescu"
- 3-1* down second set, only at deuce in the first place because Hradecka was teeing off on the nothing serves and missing.

:yeah: Lucie
:help: Monica

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 15th, 2010, 12:34 PM
As a fan of Monica Niculescu I have to say this was a disappointing result.

But I have to give credit to Lucie Hradecka. She really did play outstanding and totally overpowered Monica. Everything about Lucie's game was working and Lucie had an answer to everything Monica tried.

In all honesty I don't even think Monica played poorly. I thought she did the best she could with the skills she has and she fought as hard as she could and tried as many different things as she could to win points. I've seen days when Monica rather threw in the towel, made way too many errors, or simply played way below her abilities. Today however she just got beaten by someone who handled her game extremely well. That said, even as a fan though I have to conceed this match reflected how when Monica is playing an opponent who can outpower her and isn't troubled by her spins there is not a lot Monica can do to oppose her. Monica had just three games to show for this match and all three came after very long hard fought games. Yes, it could have been worse had Monica not fought for every point. All tough things to acknowledge as a fan but there you go. Obviously the one thing that would help Monica though is if that serve could be improved because Lucie was killing it.

I do however think Lucie played sensationally and I will be intrigued to see how she continues into the later stages of this tournament.

Shepster
Jul 15th, 2010, 12:42 PM
I have to conceed this match reflected how when Monica is playing an opponent who can outpower her and isn't troubled by her spins there is not a lot Monica can do to oppose her.
Spot on.

Ellery
Jul 15th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Lucie :hearts: