Jul 14th, 2010, 04:30 PM
good match for Jill but Piro was not 100%

hankqq
Jul 14th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Craybas is now 3-0 vs. Pironkova :tape:

Venus :weirdo: :silly:

Wiggly
Jul 14th, 2010, 04:34 PM
SF in Wimbledon to losing to Craybas on clay.
Uhm, ok.

Gregorio87
Jul 14th, 2010, 04:35 PM
WTA at it's best:haha:

Kworb
Jul 14th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Jill :bounce: 36 years old and still snatching wigs

Juju Nostalgique
Jul 14th, 2010, 04:38 PM
That was Piro-Lysis!!! :speakles: :rolls: :lol:

Congrats Jill! :woohoo: :bowdown:

Tsveti :hug: :awww:

TZVETI83
Jul 14th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Pironkova had back problems(could not serve, her percentage was under 40 percent) and lost to a player who has beaten her two times before on a clay court(where she has always been really average).

Not a big deal, playing this event was a very dumb idea. She only hurt herself.

Mana
Jul 14th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Jill :D

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 14th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Not a terribly surprising loss. When a player has a huge win like Tsveti did at Wimbledon expectations go straight up. But so do pressures and demands on a players time. It's very normal to see a player require a settling in period after a life changing kind of result. These players are not machines. And Tsveti is still the same player she was before Wimbledon. Had she lost to a solid pro like Jill Craybas prior to Wimbledon no one would have bat an eyelid.

Tsveti showed some amazing tennis at Wimbledon. Her place in the semis was very deserved. She showed the world how good she can be. But that doesn't mean we should now expect her to play to that standard every match regardless or surface, opponent, or other circumstances. I am sure we will see Tsvetana play at the very high level she showed at Wimbledon again but I wouldn't expect to see that level from her again right away. Let's give her some time to adjust to her new place in the game.

Dave.
Jul 14th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Jill :worship: Top 100 then?

simonsaystennis
Jill :woohoo:

flareon
Jill back in top 100.

Shvedbarilescu
Pironkova had back problems(could not serve, her percentage was under 40 percent) and lost to a player who has beaten her two times before on a clay court(where she has always been really average).

Not according to the stats I see. But I agree that one shouldn't read too much into this result or overreact.

TZVETI83
Jul 14th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Not according to the stats I see. But I agree that one shouldn't read too much into this result or overreact.

Sorry I was talking about sets two and three.

Super Dave
Jul 14th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Go Granny!! :D

Cp6uja
Jul 14th, 2010, 05:09 PM
http://www.gizmology.net/images/tank11.jpg

Pironkova outdated 2010 July Schedule is still from time when she is still out of TOP80, so her withdrew from clay-Budapest and early exit from clay-Palermo is smart move for player which so improve her game at fastest surface. I like fact that she is already focused on US Hardcourts.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jul 14th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Jill :worship: The fact she can still hang around the top 100 at age 36 is really impressive. Sorry to hear that Pironkova wasn't fully healthy though.

She'll likely play Goerges next, which is a tough match but certainly not out of her reach.

KamilZ
Jul 14th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Ohh Tsveti :sad:

dsanders06
Jul 14th, 2010, 05:44 PM
See, this is exactly what I and others were predicting a few weeks ago, and it's exactly why the WTA is in crisis. Going from a Grand Slam semifinal to losing to Jill "Zimmer Frame" Craybas (who I honestly thought had retired) screams "FLUKE". If it keeps on happening that girls have big runs then fade back into mediocrity, the commercial appeal of the WTA is going to completely evaporate.

bgr4
Jul 14th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Whatever the circumstances, Jill played a good match and deserves her spot in the quarterfinals

Kipling
Jul 14th, 2010, 06:35 PM
See, this is exactly what I and others were predicting a few weeks ago, and it's exactly why the WTA is in crisis. Going from a Grand Slam semifinal to losing to Jill "Zimmer Frame" Craybas (who I honestly thought had retired) screams "FLUKE".

No more than any of these other hall of fame Wimbledon semifinalists: Anna Kournikova, Jelena Dokic, Alexandra Stevenson....

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 14th, 2010, 06:36 PM
:woohoo: WB to the Top 100 Jilly :bounce:.

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 14th, 2010, 07:21 PM
See, this is exactly what I and others were predicting a few weeks ago, and it's exactly why the WTA is in crisis. Going from a Grand Slam semifinal to losing to Jill "Zimmer Frame" Craybas (who I honestly thought had retired) screams "FLUKE". If it keeps on happening that girls have big runs then fade back into mediocrity, the commercial appeal of the WTA is going to completely evaporate.

Predictions? You talk about predictions? How about this for predictions?

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=18143638&postcount=38

A few words about Pironkova. It was great seeing her do so well at Wimbledon and she definately showed she is capable of playing outstanding tennis. But I don't think we can expect her to be playing at the level regularly at this point at all. For one thing this she will have to readjust to clay and for another it is awfully tough for players when they have a big surprising breakthough to maintain that form in the events immediately following. Rarely do they succeed. What normally happens is a few early losses occur and all the shortsighted posters start up with their usual "fluke" rants. And then a few weeks or months following, once the initial attention has dissipated, we start to see further good results. I think the future looks good for Tsveti but despite a helpful draw, I would still be surprised to see her get past the quarters here.

Yes, I was predicting your foolish rant before you even made it, that's how predictable you are. You can't call a result a fluke on the basis of one succeeding result. It takes much more time. If after next year's grass campaign Pironkova is not ranked in the top 30 then you can say it is fluke but calling a result a fluke at this stage shows me nothing except that you are one very short sighted poster who is far too quick to make conclusions before virtually any of the facts are in. Heaven forbid you ever end up in a jury or something like that where your judgement could actually effect the lives of others.

Super Dave
Jul 14th, 2010, 07:22 PM
US Open winner, 2016

http://www.fabulousfaces.com/lib/upload/lrs1592.jpg

RND
Jul 14th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Wow wow wow Jill. :D Probably the fittest WTA player after Amy Frazier.

earthcrystal
Jul 14th, 2010, 08:02 PM

Agreed, but she surely committed to it far in advance of her great Wimby run; so she honored her committment (something many others fail to do) which is to her credit I think. I imagine she's a little tired right now, too. I don't think it's indicative of any downward spiral for Pironkova.

While this is a nice win for Jill, I certainly wouldn't be rolling on the floor with laughter at the certain doom of the WTA because of this result. But then, that's me. It takes alot to make me roll on the floor I guess. *shrug*

Joe.
Jul 14th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Tsveti had serious problems with her movement. :sad:
:hug:

Richie's
Jul 14th, 2010, 09:05 PM
SF in Wimbledon to losing to Craybas on clay.
Uhm, ok.

Jill is doing great lately on clay (in Europe!)

KournikovaFan91
Jul 14th, 2010, 09:16 PM
No more than any of these other hall of fame Wimbledon semifinalists: Anna Kournikova, Jelena Dokic, Alexandra Stevenson....

Kournikova and Dokic were both Top 10 and won or reached tour finals after their semi appearances.

At least they made a slam Semi unlike a certain person in you av, Who has yet to make a slam quarter or do any damage at premier events except her FLUKE run in Madrid.

Borishynikov
Jul 14th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Tsveti had serious problems with her movement. :sad:
:hug:

Bulgarian press reporting rib injury and fatigue.

The Witch-king
Jul 14th, 2010, 10:00 PM

Did you really need this result to tell you this? :lol:

Back down to earth, Tsveti. :haha:

Sander.
Jul 14th, 2010, 10:20 PM
Much respect for Jill :yeah:

Viktymise
Jul 14th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Tsveti looked clearly injured in her 1st match. She shouldn't have played here really.

Pops Maellard
Jul 15th, 2010, 12:17 AM
Veerror. :smash:

P_Fer
Jul 15th, 2010, 02:07 AM
Tsevti, shouldnt play this tournament if you're injured! :shrug:
Get well soon!

'Grats Jill!

Roookie
Jul 15th, 2010, 04:29 AM
Never in doubt

Stamp Paid
Jul 15th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Jill :bounce: 36 years old and still snatching wigs:haha:
You better believe it. :lol:

FedererBulgaria
Jul 15th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Tsveti looked clearly injured in her 1st match. She shouldn't have played here really.

THIS!

Bulgaria
Jul 15th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Yes Tsveti had problems with her shoulder. She told a bulgarian sport site that she felt well during the first set vs Jill but then felt pain in her shoulder which didn't let her serve as good as she does and the backhand struggled too.
Now she will have some days for treating the place in her home town and her next tournament should be on the hard court in Istanbul starting on the 26th of july.