PDA

View Full Version : Best and Worst Performances By Top Ten Players This Year?

debopero
Jul 14th, 2010, 04:10 PM
So far :p . I'll start.

1.) Serena Williams
Best: def. Samantha Stosur 6-4,6-2 Australian Open. Ferocious hitting and made the second best serve on tour look like cake for the most part.
Worst: l.to Petrova 4-6,6-2,6-3 Madrid. She was hitting like all of her forehands in a closed stance. What the hell :weirdo: .

2.) Jelena Jankovic
Best: def. Venus Williams 6-0, 6-1 Rome
Worst: l.to Samantha Stosur 6-2,6-1. If anyone can tell me what she was thinking with the "I am going to hit with Sam stategy", I'd be interested.

3.) Venus Williams
Best: def. Kleybanova Wimbledon 6-4, 6-2. Her most consistent match against a tough opponent. Close second is her defeat of Azarenka 6-3, 7-5 in Dubai.
Worst: l. to Kim Clijsters Miami 6-2,6-1. Look. There are many options for this one. Her loss to Pironkova was suck-tastic. Her play against Jelena was terrifyingly horrific. She shocked against Li like she had never been in a Grand Slam quarterfinal before and against Petrova she looked helpless. But at least in these abysmal matches she tried; Against Clijsters she was awful AND it looked liked she could care less. I am sure she did give a damn but it boy was it hard to tell :shrug: .

4.) Caroline Wozniacki
Best: def. Maria Kirilenko 6-0, 6-2 Indian Wells :shurg:
Worst: l.to Jelena Jankovic 6-4,6-2 Indian Wells. For a consistent player, she made quite a lot of ue's in this match.

5.) Samantha Stosur
Best: def. Vera Zvonerava 6-0, 6-3 Charleston. I know she beat two of the best players of all-time impressively but this match was a total clinic. And it featured one of vera's epic meltdowns :p .
Worst: :confused:

6.) Elena Dementieva
Best: def. Serena Williams 6-3,6-2 Sydney. We all know Serena was in tank mode but a good effort nonetheless :shrug: .
Worst: l.to Ana Ivanovic 6-1, 7-6 Rome. How the heck did this happen :psycho:

7.) Kim Clijsters
Best: def. Justine Henin 6-3, 4-6, 7-6 (6) Brisbane. I know she beat Venus pretty badly but I feel that both played well in this match. In the other... :tape: .
Worst: l.to Nadia Petrova 6-0, 6-1 Australian Open. Nothing left to say really :shrug: .

8.) Francesca Schiavone
Best: def. Samantha Stosur 6-4,7-6 Roland Garros. She played very gutsy tennis :cool: .
Worst: :shrug:

9.) Vera Zvonerava
Best: def. Kim Clijsters 3-6,6-4,6-2 Wimbledon. Such a composed match.
Worst: :shrug: Wimbledon Final was not her best showing

10.) Li Na
Best: def. Maria Sharapova 7-5, 6-1 Birmingham
Worst: As Yvonn-Goat has [pointed out to me, Li apparently lost to Baltacha and Kanepi who was coming off a losing streak so :p :tape: .

Ellery
Jul 14th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Worst: l.to Serena Williams 7-5, 6-3 Wimbledon. She was playing well until 5-6 in the first set :shrug: .

That is so not her worst performance this year :haha: :tape:

debopero
Jul 14th, 2010, 04:14 PM
That is so not her worst performance this year :haha: :tape:

Admittedly I have not seen much of her matches :tape: .

Ellery
Jul 14th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Admittedly I have not seen much of her matches :tape: .

She has lost to Baltacha, Bacsinszky and Malek this year :lol: Losing to Serena in 2 relatively close sets is certainly not her worst loss ;) At Auckland in the very first week of the year (or was it the second) she also lost 1 and 3 to Kanepi, who had recently come off a 10 match losing streak :tape:

So...

drumfun101
Jul 14th, 2010, 04:24 PM
She has lost to Baltacha, Bacsinszky and Malek this year :lol: Losing to Serena in 2 relatively close sets is certainly not her worst loss ;) At Auckland in the very first week of the year (or was it the second) she also lost 1 and 3 to Kanepi, who had recently come off a 10 match losing streak :tape:

So...

TOUCHE!!!!:worship:

goldenlox
Jul 14th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Stosur was great against Zvonareva. Hard to play better than that
And Serena, when she started her comeback against Vika at the AO, down a set and 0-4.

Those were the best I saw this year.

The worst, shared by 100's of them, too close to call.

debopero
Jul 14th, 2010, 04:26 PM

So...

Fair enough :shrug: .

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 14th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Serena's worst performance(s) are easily her TWO :fiery::smash::weirdo::sobbing::o chokes on clay this year to Jankovic and Stosur, after having match point in both matches.

mentally tough.....yeah right :rolleyes:

mr_burns
Jul 14th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Dementievas worst: The Pironkova match in Warsaw...., or Wozniak at RG 3rd round...

i would say the henin match was better than the serena won, although she lost it

stosur had some bad matches in the beginning of the year. penetta in syd, eg

Fantasy Hero
Jul 14th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Flavia Pennetta (well she has been a top 10 even this year :rolleyes:)

Win: i guess the win over Li Na in Sydney R2 6-2 7-6
Loss: well there a lot of great loss: 6-1 6-4 to Vika in Stuttgart R1 :o 6-1 6-2 to Lucie Safarova in Roma R2 :weirdo: 6-3 6-2 to Zakopalova at Wimbly and 6-3 6-1 to Dulko in Bastad :smash:

homogenius
Jul 14th, 2010, 05:16 PM
JJ

Best : 6-4 6-2 vs Wozniacki in Indian W. (perfect game plan, Caro was clueless), 6-0 6-1 vs venus in Rome (no comment)and her first set against Alona in Wimbledon (14 min. :worship:).

Worst : FO SF against Sam (:confused: still don't know what happened)

Mr.Sharapova
Jul 14th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Stosurs Worse maybe the match from the Wimbledon 2010 first round Exit!!

Gdsimmons
Jul 14th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Serena's worst performance(s) are easily her TWO :fiery::smash::weirdo::sobbing::o chokes on clay this year to Jankovic and Stosur, after having match point in both matches.

mentally tough.....yeah right :rolleyes:

Dont bring up those repressed memories

M.P
Jul 14th, 2010, 06:21 PM

So...
i don't think lost to Kanepi is a shame at all
Kanepi played great in that match...hitting deep which annoy Na
but lose to Batacha and Malek :tape:

Sean.
Jul 14th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Vera's pre-final performances in Charleston were better than her match vs. Clijsters.

Sp!ffy
Jul 14th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Stosur and Schiavone's worst matches could possibly be the ones where they lost in the 1st round of Wimbledon after they made it to the finals of the FO.

Hian
Jul 14th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Stosur and Schiavone's worst matches could possibly be the ones where they lost in the 1st round of Wimbledon after they made it to the finals of the FO.

Uhm... no.
Sam was unlucky to fight against Kanepi, Franny has played a nice tennis in first two sets.

Break My Rapture
Jul 14th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Worst loss for Stosur was definitely the one against Garbin at Dubai. :tape: She completely lost it there.

Miss Amor
Jul 14th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Performances from some of the former GS champs (atleast the ones I saw)-

Serena's
Best performance - at AO, vs Stosur. In parts - First set against Pavlyuchenkova at RG, after 0-4 in the second set against Vika in AO
Worst performance - Agaiant Jankovic, she had no mental stability whatsoever.

Sharapova's-
Best performance - At Wimbledon, against Serena. Even she said that she played well.
Worst performance - Against Na in Brum

Henin's
Best performance - AO Final, she played quite good, serena was just better.
Worst performance - She played quite bad against Sam.

Venus's
Best performance - Dubai Final
Worst performance - way too many

Kam's
Best performance - Her first two matches at Eastbourne
Worst performance - didnt see the freaky beatrix match, but from the ones I saw, she was really bad in the first set agaisndt Henin at Wimbledon.

Joana
Jul 14th, 2010, 10:44 PM
JJ

Best : 6-4 6-2 vs Wozniacki in Indian W. (perfect game plan, Caro was clueless), 6-0 6-1 vs venus in Rome (no comment)and her first set against Alona in Wimbledon (14 min. :worship:).

Worst : FO SF against Sam (:confused: still don't know what happened)

I think her performance in the match against Wickmeyer was even more impressive than against Venus.
And that loss to Bondarenko at AO is just too :tape: for words.

And I definitely agree that Wozniacki's worst loss was to Kvitova. Not just the scoreline, she played like she was ranked #204 or thereabout, literally.

The Witch-king
Jul 14th, 2010, 10:47 PM
1.) Jelena told after the match , that she was constantly thinking that she beat Schiavone before,so she could be French Open Champion.That's way she didn't focus a lot on the game and all just flew :rolleyes:

Yes. That's it.

Dodoboy.
Jul 14th, 2010, 10:47 PM
Caro --

Kvitova Wimbledon
No Excuses!

tennisforadults
Jul 15th, 2010, 02:37 AM
Worst loss for Stosur was definitely the one against Garbin at Dubai. :tape: She completely lost it there.

Agreed. The loss against Kanepi was not as bad as the one against Garbin. I remembered the number of trolls who flooded TF to bash Sammy after that terrible loss. :sobbing: But Sam turned it around and didn't lose 1st round again until Wimby.

Jajaloo
Jul 15th, 2010, 02:42 AM
1.) Jelena told after the match , that she was constantly thinking that she beat Schiavone before,so she could be French Open Champion.That's way she didn't focus a lot on the game and all just flew :rolleyes:

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

You just made that up!

:hysteric:

Mateo Mathieu
Jul 15th, 2010, 03:22 AM
How many of you guys have actually watched Stosur-Kanepi? :rolleyes: Stosur DIDN'T play that bad but she just happened to play the toughest qualifier at Wimbledon.

Daniel K
Jul 15th, 2010, 03:30 AM
Stosur was horrible against Pennetta in Sydney also.

Mateo Mathieu
Jul 15th, 2010, 03:32 AM
Yes, she played bad against Pennetta in Sydney. She is Flavia's bitch.

bandabou
Jul 15th, 2010, 11:20 AM
:eek: Serena LOST two matches after having mp's?! Only clay does this to Serena. :lol:

Nikkiri
Jul 15th, 2010, 11:35 AM
There must be a better example for Wozniacki's best. She didn't even play that well from what I remember. Plus Wozniacki could turn up in a body bag and Maria would still find a way to lose.

ivanban
Jul 15th, 2010, 12:03 PM
JJ: Best - wins over Kleybanova in FED Cup, Caro in IW, Vee in Rome :drool: :worship:

Worst - losing to her ultimate bitch A-bond 2 & 3 at AO :weirdo: losing twice in a row on clay to Hantuchova :weirdo: and of course RG semi loss to Sam :weirdo:

Brena
Jul 15th, 2010, 02:54 PM
JJ: Best - wins over Kleybanova in FED Cup, Caro in IW, Vee in Rome :drool: :worship:

Worst - losing to her ultimate bitch A-bond 2 & 3 at AO :weirdo: losing twice in a row on clay to Hantuchova :weirdo: and of course RG semi loss to Sam :weirdo:

Agreed. Also, Kleybanova was much, much better in that match than Wickmayer and Venus were in theirs. The last two sets were JJ-Gone-Insane. I wish she played tournament matches with such determination to win. :rolleyes:

jimmy_the_greek
Jul 15th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Wozniacki's worst would most likely be in Wimbeldon against Kivitova. 6-2, 6-0

delicatecutter
Jul 15th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Wozniacki

Best: Radwanska IW SF
Worst: Safarova Stuttgart 2r

Sadly it seems I end up watching more Caro matches than anyone else. :help:

Brena
Jul 15th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Sadly it seems I end up watching more Caro matches than anyone else. :help:

We all watch them. She's all ES is showing. :shrug:

Break My Rapture
Jul 15th, 2010, 03:31 PM
We all watch them. She's all ES is showing. :shrug:
Ugh ikr. :tears: So frustrating.

danieln1
Jul 15th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Venus loss to Li Na at the Australian Open is the worst by far... even worse than Miami, where she was injured, and even worse than Jankovic in Rome, where clay is her worst surface

That QF is her worst ever, she just couldnīt hold serve

Daniela-Is-Mine
Jul 15th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Dani was on fire in the last set in charleston. Nothing to be ashamed of there. And we all know when dani is playing for country is awesome. She was hitting well in the Fed Cup match too. Even though they were on red clay when someone is hitting really well the surface doesn't make as huge of a difference

JJa worst was 100% the RG semi

azinna
Jul 15th, 2010, 05:11 PM
:eek: Serena LOST two matches after having mp's?! Only clay does this to Serena. :lol:

Yep. Mental. If she could just get that one BIG win on clay...., it would be game over for the tour.

Safe-From-Harm
Jul 15th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Jelena Jankovic:

best: against Venus in Rome, Alisa on Fed cup and Wozniacki at IW.
wosrt: RG semis against Stosur, Charleston against Daniela (last 2 sets)

claypova
Jul 16th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Samantha Stosur

best: Fed Cup + RG SF. :drool:
worst: 1st round of Sydney, vs Pennetta. That match was just.. :help: