Jul 13th, 2010, 09:16 PM
According to the Draw she is through It just says Dulgheru Knees :sad:

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/SEWTATour-Archive/posting/2010/1026/MDS.pdf

Hian
Jul 13th, 2010, 09:17 PM
That makes Garbin's loss... :(

.Andrew.
Jul 13th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Lucky break for Polona. :eek: I'm happy for her, but gutted for ClayGOAT. :sad: :hug: She's played a lot of tennis as of late, she deserves the rest. :hug:

Ferg
Jul 13th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Im disappointed Alex is injured, but it was clear last week that she wasnt fit at all, and Im glad shes taking the sensible and necessary option here. She needs to rest up and not risk any further damage. She has the rest of the year to gain points anyway so Im not worried.

Cosmologist
Jul 13th, 2010, 09:29 PM
good for polona!

Juju Nostalgique
Jul 13th, 2010, 09:30 PM
No PragueGOAT I guess... :hug::awww: :crying2:

Get well soon baby! :hearts: :inlove:

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 13th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Im disappointed Alex is injured, but it was clear last week that she wasnt fit at all, and Im glad shes taking the sensible and necessary option here. She needs to rest up and not risk any further damage. She has the rest of the year to gain points anyway so Im not worried.

Yup. Alex has had a lot of tennis and a few days off will be just what she needs. It was clear Alex was well below her best in Budapest and I'm actually glad she has made this decision to give it a rest for the remainder of this week.

Like you, I'm not worried and I'm confident she will bounce back quickly.

As for Polona, well given Alex's condition I think she would have got through anyway but it is a good break for her in that in these hot conditions anytime you can skip a round it's good thing. Polona should now be nicely rested for her quarterfinal.

igralec33
Jul 13th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Oh, Alex. :hug: Get well soon. :)
Polona - lucky this time. :D But I wanted to see that match between CLAY-GOATs. :sobbing:

Slutiana
Jul 13th, 2010, 09:49 PM
That sucks, I was kinda looking forward to this. Hopefully Polona can keep on going.

Wiggly
Jul 13th, 2010, 10:11 PM
I'm fully aware that these players need the money/pts but if you know that you're not that playing the next match anyways, why not retiring in 1R and give your opponent a chance? :lol:

Dulgheru was down a break in the third and probably knew she wasn't making the QFs here so it tells a lout about her will to win. Good for her, I guess.

Bahu
Jul 13th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Polona in quarterfinal :D Lucky girl. She has a long break from playing :)

*Jool*
Jul 14th, 2010, 12:28 AM
well I hope she capitalizes on a good rest to end the tournament in a storm winning the whole thing would be good , goo dluck Polona !
and rest well too, Dulgheru .

Singleniacki
Jul 14th, 2010, 01:07 AM
Alex :sad::hug::awww:

Polona good luck next round :yeah:

makirilenko
Jul 14th, 2010, 03:36 AM
Yeah Alex needs some time off, don't want to overexert herself.

LeonHart
Jul 14th, 2010, 03:47 AM
I'm actually really happy with this decision. I was thinking she was starting to play too much!

But her knees :fiery:

Get well soon!

hkyen
Jul 14th, 2010, 04:02 AM
:bdaycake::couple::boxing::spit: