PDA

View Full Version : Prague R1: Dulgheru def. Garbin 6-4 4-6 6-2

Ferg
Jul 13th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Alex seems to be dragging through these recent matches, but shes grinding out the wins and thats the most important thing.

Hian
Jul 13th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Dulgheru can seriously fight against Wozniacki and Radwanska for the title "best pusher ever".
Tax :hug:

Ferg
Jul 13th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Dulgheru can seriously fight against Wozniacki and Radwanska for the title "best pusher ever".

Yet she still beats your girl! :bigclap:

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 13th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Really this was just what Alex didn't need, another 2 and a half hour epic. But Alex being Alex she just keeps fighting to the end. Personally I think a week off would have done her some good but I suppose Alex probably doesn't see it like that.

I will be surprised if Alex beats Polona in the next round. And personally if she does I think it will give Alex a good opportunity to be rejunivated for next weeks tournament.

Boreas
Jul 13th, 2010, 02:07 PM

Garbin's ability to remain useless throughout the match is far more impressive;)

Fantasy Hero
Jul 13th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Alex...beat Polona next round to make this Tax's loss less useless :rolls:

Hian
Jul 13th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Garbin's ability to remain useless throughout the match is far more impressive;)

At least Tax plays tennis. Dulgheru...? A push-tennis? :p

thadeuss
Jul 13th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Alex:clap2:

I thought she might tank the match because she didn't want to play here (she has an ankle injury). Alex didn't withdraw because the MD was out and she could have been fined. Glad she didn't. :)

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 13th, 2010, 02:37 PM

At least Tax plays tennis. Dulgheru...? A push-tennis? :p

If you are going to use immature kindergarten terms like "pusher" that is your perogative. But could you please then explain to me what distiguishes Tax Garbin's game from Alex Dulgheru's game. They are actually very similar in style, although Alex is obviously at this point substantially better. But both have attractive baseline games that involve hitting with a variety of spins and depths, as well as good use of dropshots and lobs. How on earth is Tax's game so different from Dulgheru's?

Carotastrophe
Jul 13th, 2010, 03:46 PM
^^he/she has a point :)

Alek:yeah:

TennisFan66
Jul 13th, 2010, 04:40 PM
If you are going to use immature kindergarten terms like "pusher" that is your perogative. But could you please then explain to me what distiguishes Tax Garbin's game from Alex Dulgheru's game. They are actually very similar in style, although Alex is obviously at this point substantially better. But both have attractive baseline games that involve hitting with a variety of spins and depths, as well as good use of dropshots and lobs. How on earth is Tax's game so different from Dulgheru's?

:yeah:

Spot on.

As for Hian. Well s/he usually sounds like a 6yr old kid, so could very well still be in kindergarten :lol: .. Oh and WD to Dulgheru and GL in next round.

DefyingGravity
Jul 13th, 2010, 04:47 PM
I wish I could have seen this clay tennis.

LegionArgentina
Jul 13th, 2010, 04:56 PM

The main difference is that Tax used more the slice backhand and also in other courts like to go to the net frecuently to close the points with her volley.

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 13th, 2010, 05:50 PM
The main difference is that Tax used more the slice backhand and also in other courts like to go to the net frecuently to close the points with her volley.

Agree about the backhand but I'd say both of them like to get the net when they can although Tax having been on the tour a lot longer is the more comfortable at the net, yeah.