PDA

View Full Version : Prague R1 Monica Niculescu d (3) Timea Bacsinszky 6-3 7-5

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 13th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Excellent win for Monica. Monica's 2nd top 50 scalp in the last month following her win over Gisela Dulko at Wimbledon.

What makes me very pleased about this win is the way Monica fought back from 3-5 in the 2nd to win the last four games and the match. Closing out matches hasn't been a strong suit for Monica in her career so seeing her win in this manner is very heartening. :worship:

Clearly Monica still has a lot of work ahead of her but it really is beginning to look like she has turned the corner and is back on the way up. :bounce:

Having beaten the number 3 seed, Monica has really opened the draw up nicely too and the next match also looks very winnable. :)

Keep it going Monica :rocker:

Better luck next week Timea :hug:

Keadz
Jul 13th, 2010, 11:30 AM
WOW, this form has come from no where, she couldn't win a match couple of months ago. Good to see her scoring some good wins:) Would love to see her back regularly winning matches at WTA level again. Its been a while...

Good job rebounding from that tough loss last week as well ;)

bbjpa
Jul 13th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Timea :help:

Mashabator
Jul 13th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Was this monica playing amaze or Timea going bad? i think she is losing her form :tears:

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 13th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Was this monica playing amaze or Timea going bad? i think she is losing her form :tears:

Honestly I have no idea. There was no stream to this match. My honest sense though having seen Monica a lot at Wimbledon this year is that her game is coming around and she is starting to play closer to her best tennis again. Timea also seems to be a good match-up for Monica. They had played as pros three times before and Monica had won two of those matches. For an unorthodox player like Monica, match-ups count for a lot, as some players will find that forehand slice a lot tougher to cope with than others. I think Timea is one of those players who generally struggles against Monica's game.

So...I don't think this would be a worrying loss for Timea, more a case of being drawn against a player she isn't very comfortable against I think.

Singleniacki
Jul 13th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Monica yay a md win sooo happy :D
Well done girl :cheer:
Liking the comeback
Hope she can keep this form up

Plz organisers put her on cc for r2

Who is she versing next round?

Singleniacki
Jul 13th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Monica yay a md win sooo happy :D
Well done girl :cheer:
Liking the comeback
Hope she can keep this form up

Plz organisers put her on cc for r2

Who is she versing next round?

Dave.
Jul 13th, 2010, 12:24 PM
:woohoo:

Certainly didn't see that one, and certainly not in straight sets. 6-3 7-5 is just about as convincing a scoreline as we get from Monica. Well done. :bounce:

Slutiana
Jul 13th, 2010, 12:43 PM
:help:

Go home, Timea.

darkangel23
Jul 13th, 2010, 12:45 PM

RND
Jul 13th, 2010, 12:46 PM
What should her ranking look like with the 30 pts? :)

Great to see her doing well again. Some nice wins recently.

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 13th, 2010, 12:51 PM
What should her ranking look like with the 30 pts? :)

Great to see her doing well again. Some nice wins recently.

More or less the same as it does now since Monica was defending 2nd round points from last year. One more win here will put her in the top 110 (somewhere like 105-8 I suspect) and two more will get her back into the top 100. :)

delicatecutter
Jul 13th, 2010, 12:56 PM
What's Monica's career high ranking? Does she have any Top 10 wins?

Randy H
Jul 13th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Monica :) Good to see her on the right track again recently :)

*Jean*
Jul 13th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Timea :tape:

Jose.
Jul 13th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Timea :o

Myggen
Jul 13th, 2010, 01:51 PM
When Bacsinszky is bad, she is really really bad... We probably have seen the last of her for quite a few weeks now as it usually takes her a very long time to find form once she's lost it. My guess is she will be back winning in the indoor season. Watched Niculescu vs Pennetta in Wimbledon because people on this forum were talking her up again, but found her shittier than ever. She might have had a bad day, but if she was more or less the same level here, I'm at loss for words of explaining how poor this is from Bacsinszky.

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 13th, 2010, 02:01 PM
When Bacsinszky is bad, she is really really bad... We probably have seen the last of her for quite a few weeks now as it usually takes her a very long time to find form once she's lost it. My guess is she will be back winning in the indoor season. Watched Niculescu vs Pennetta in Wimbledon because people on this forum were talking her up again, but found her shittier than ever. She might have had a bad day, but if she was more or less the same level here, I'm at loss for words of explaining how poor this is from Bacsinszky.

Monica's match against Pennetta was poor, no two ways about it, although credit to Flavia who did play very well in that match and was certainly at another level to Monica. But Monica's four prior matches were all very good and as a fan certainly enough to leave me hopeful for the future.

JustPetko
Jul 13th, 2010, 02:04 PM

iPatty
Jul 13th, 2010, 05:34 PM
:haha:

That is just so disastrously bad Timea...

nevetssllim
Jul 13th, 2010, 05:38 PM
What's Monica's career high ranking? Does she have any Top 10 wins?

She defeated Chakvetadze in Zurich 2008. I'm not sure if she was a top-10 player then or if she just fell out of it.

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 13th, 2010, 05:43 PM

Timea is playing so bad last times :S

:help:

Go home, Timea.

Timea :tape:

Timea :o

:haha:

That is just so disastrously bad Timea...

Monica is now 3-1 career vs Timea. :rocker:

Latina 2007 50K ITF Clay - Niculescu 6-1 6-4
Paris 2009 Premier Indoor Hard - Niculescu - 6-4 6-3
Marseille 2009 100K+H Clay - Bacsinszky - 6-3 6-0
Prague 2010 International Clay - Niculescu - 6-3 7-5

Randy H
Jul 13th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Monica is now 3-1 career vs Timea. :rocker:

Latina 2007 50K ITF Clay - Niculescu 6-1 6-4
Paris 2009 Premier Indoor Hard - Niculescu - 6-4 6-3
Marseille 2009 100K+H Clay - Bacsinszky - 6-3 6-0
Prague 2010 International Clay - Niculescu - 6-3 7-5

:lol: I love how a Bacsinszky fan (of all players!) can act like a loss for her is bad or somehow surprising at this level :o She is far overranked right now.

Drake1980
Jul 13th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Sweet! :bounce: