PDA

View Full Version : Serena out WTT

SerenaSlam
Jul 12th, 2010, 10:28 PM
She cut her foot. I saw her arriving for Carmello and La La's Wedding and she clearly had on heals with some bandage on the top of her foot. They say it requires of stiches. So she won't be playing WTT this season. DAMN! Bout the only thing TTC is good for and I won't get to see Ree! :fiery:

young_gunner913
Jul 12th, 2010, 10:31 PM
Good. She shouldn't have played that stupid exho anyways, WTT is just one more thing that she doesn't need to commit to atm.

AnywhereButHome
Jul 12th, 2010, 10:35 PM
so SO unexpected :lol:
Rena :hug:

friendsita
Jul 12th, 2010, 10:38 PM
good

aisha
Jul 12th, 2010, 10:38 PM
You know where this is going to end up, right?

As for her withdrawal.... :cheer: Thank goodness.

Andy.
Jul 12th, 2010, 10:40 PM
I dont know why Serena and Venus play this stupid event. This is the time when they should be resting/training not burning themselves out playing this pointless event.

Midnight_Robber
Jul 12th, 2010, 10:45 PM
I dont know why Serena and Venus play this stupid event. This is the time when [s]they should be resting/training not burning [s]themselves [herself] out playing this pointless event.

Agreed though. Waste of time I feel.

AnywhereButHome
Jul 12th, 2010, 10:47 PM
I dont know why Serena and Venus play this stupid event. This is the time when they should be resting/training not burning themselves out playing this pointless event.

:yeah:

Illusionist
Jul 12th, 2010, 11:08 PM
:spit: wow, so NOT a surprise :spit:

sammy01
Jul 12th, 2010, 11:12 PM

this. don't like WTT, most pointless exo ever.

Gdsimmons
Jul 12th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Whew thank goodness

Marcell
Jul 12th, 2010, 11:15 PM
To you guys it's a stupid event but it has special meaning to them. Venus lights up when she talks about meeting Billie Jean King at one of these events when she was young.

Andy.
Jul 12th, 2010, 11:21 PM
I just hate WTT. It stuffs up the whole schedule. If it wasn't for WTT we wouldnt have to put up with this pointless month long MM clay season.

Ryan
Jul 12th, 2010, 11:36 PM
I just hate WTT. It stuffs up the whole schedule. If it wasn't for WTT we wouldnt have to put up with this pointless month long MM clay season.

WTT fits into the schedule wherever, they dont play 3-4 weeks of horrible dirt tournaments just so WTT can be run. Please learn something about tennis. ;)

Sp!ffy
Jul 12th, 2010, 11:39 PM
WTT and Fed Cup = way too much

There's so many tournaments as is.

Mightymirza
Jul 12th, 2010, 11:43 PM

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :lol:

Kworb
Jul 13th, 2010, 12:11 AM
She got enough money playing the Belgian exho, she doesn't need WTT anymore.

LightWarrior
Jul 13th, 2010, 12:21 AM
To you guys it's a stupid event but it has special meaning to them. Venus lights up when she talks about meeting Billie Jean King at one of these events when she was young.

Thanks to BJK Chris Evert should have 21 slams. Stupid WTT.

sakya23
Jul 13th, 2010, 12:23 AM
The 3 weeks of small tournaments following Wimbledon allow for top players to take a mini break and save energy for US Open Series and US Open. Its same on mens side, with most top players taking 3-5 weeks off.

NeoZod19
Jul 13th, 2010, 12:27 AM
The Williams don't cagive a shit about anything else but saving theie energy for big events only.

LightWarrior
Jul 13th, 2010, 12:30 AM
The Williams don't cagive a shit about anything else but saving theie energy for big events only.

Not true. Venus loves winning MM tourneys. Unlike Serena.

pokey camp
Jul 13th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Yeah, I think they do it out of respect for BJK. :cool:

Plus it's not really that taxing.

spartanfan
Jul 13th, 2010, 12:50 AM
Does anyone know how Serena cut her foot?

ptkten
Jul 13th, 2010, 01:07 AM
Does anyone know how Serena cut her foot?

Stepping on glass at a party is my best guess.

gmokb
Jul 13th, 2010, 01:28 AM
This is good news, now if only Vee would sit it out then I won't feel the need to watch. The games are just boring.:eek:

Salve
Jul 13th, 2010, 01:41 AM

BJK. That's their girl :shrug:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 13th, 2010, 01:49 AM

yet you were mortified she didn't go full out in a stupid exo :rolls:

Andy.
Jul 13th, 2010, 01:58 AM
yet you were mortified she didn't go full out in a stupid exo :rolls:
That was a one off exo where she was paid big bux to attend and put on a show for a large croud. Very different to a series of exo events playing singles and doubles.

Infiniti2001
Jul 13th, 2010, 02:06 AM

yep, Venus wuvs BJK :lol:

Infiniti2001
Jul 13th, 2010, 02:08 AM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :lol:

How much money can they earn ? :shrug: Besides if it were all about money, I think Venus would play more matches.

Paneru
Jul 13th, 2010, 03:23 AM

BJK.

Only reason.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jul 13th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Great decision! This year she has missed both WTT and the BJK cup! Well done :)

Fired
Jul 13th, 2010, 09:50 AM
I dont know why Serena and Venus play this stupid event. This is the time when they should be resting/training not burning themselves out playing this pointless event.Oh yeah, playing 5 game sets gotta be so stressful for them... like they're going to burn in flames for playing so much.

StephenUK
Jul 13th, 2010, 01:09 PM
I think this may be the real reason Serena pulled out..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1294261/Kim-Kardashian-Miles-Austin-debut-romance-Serena-Williams-pre-ESPYs-party.html

Hilarious picture of Serena with 'injured foot' with plaster on it in stilettos! :lol:

Serena y Monica
Jul 13th, 2010, 01:13 PM
I think this may be the real reason Serena pulled out..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1294261/Kim-Kardashian-Miles-Austin-debut-romance-Serena-Williams-pre-ESPYs-party.html

Hilarious picture of Serena with 'injured foot' with plaster on it in stilettos! :lol:

Plaster? It's a band aid. Wonder how many events she'll miss though.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 13th, 2010, 01:15 PM
That was a one off exo where she was paid big bux to attend and put on a show for a large croud. Very different to a series of exo events playing singles and doubles.

so you think she plays wtt for free for these crowds :lol: smh

Serenus Christ
Jul 13th, 2010, 01:17 PM
I don't think we will see her at one lead up event before the open
:haha:

StephenUK
Jul 13th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Plaster? It's a band aid. Wonder how many events she'll miss though.

NB British English - plaster = bandaid.

Jajaloo
Jul 13th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Tanked before she even step foot on the court! :eek:

maddogz48
Jul 13th, 2010, 02:41 PM
I don't think we will see her at one lead up event before the open
:haha:

As long as Serena gets in some practice at home with Venus before the U.S. Open starts that should be sufficient.

There is always a New Haven wildcard available at the last minute if she really needs some match play. :)

darrinbaker00
Jul 13th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Serena has demonstrated that at the very least, she has the utmost respect for Billie Jean King, and she would not make up an excuse to get out of a commitment she made to Billie Jean King. If Serena says she cut her foot and she can't play WTT this week, then Serena cut her foot and she can't play WTT this week. Hopefully, that'll be the only tennis commitment she'll have to miss this summer.

Marcell
Jul 13th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Serena Williams cuts foot, cancels Washington trip

By: Nikki Schwab

Talk about a bummer: Tennis great Serena Williams has canceled her trip to Washington.

The superstar was supposed to visit the White House on Wednesday and play tennis for the Washington Kastles, but she cut her foot last week, leaving her sidelined for the rest of the Kastles' season. Swapping one great player for another, Billie Jean King, who co-founded World TeamTennis (of which the Kastles are part) will hang out with first lady Michelle Obama instead.

friendsita
Jul 14th, 2010, 12:54 AM
Serena Williams cuts foot, cancels Washington trip

By: Nikki Schwab

Talk about a bummer: Tennis great Serena Williams has canceled her trip to Washington.

The superstar was supposed to visit the White House on Wednesday and play tennis for the Washington Kastles, but she cut her foot last week, leaving her sidelined for the rest of the Kastles' season. Swapping one great player for another, Billie Jean King, who co-founded World TeamTennis (of which the Kastles are part) will hang out with first lady Michelle Obama instead.

she dumped Michelle Obama :eek:

Pureracket
Jul 14th, 2010, 01:56 AM
It's so obvious that that Chris Chase guy over @ Yahoo hates her. He's the most unprofessional sports writer I've ever seen. The headline on Yahoo! Sports tennis is uncalled for.

mykarma
Jul 14th, 2010, 02:50 AM
WTT fits into the schedule wherever, they dont play 3-4 weeks of horrible dirt tournaments just so WTT can be run. Please learn something about tennis. ;)

Your last sentence really wasn't necessary. You'd already made your point. :shrug:

mykarma
Jul 14th, 2010, 02:52 AM
Stepping on glass at a party is my best guess.
:spit:

sandv1
Jul 14th, 2010, 09:03 AM

:rolls: You say that like it's a badge of honor. :lol:

StephenUK
Jul 14th, 2010, 09:19 AM
:rolls: You say that like it's a badge of honor. :lol:

Why does Serena sign up for these exhibitions and World Team Tennis if she has no intention of playing and is far more interested in participating in 'Serena's Party', walking around in stilettos? It's not like they will affect her ranking or that she has to conform to some WTA tournament designation.

Pureracket
Jul 14th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Why does Serena sign up for these exhibitions and World Team Tennis if she has no intention of playing and is far more interested in participating in 'Serena's Party', walking around in stilettos? It's not like they will affect her ranking or that she has to conform to some WTA tournament designation.
....because she cut her foot. I'm assuming you read the thread. Then again, nobody really knows what the pain is like. Your assumption is not proven.