Jul 12th, 2010, 10:58 PM
Scheduled to play:

Stanford - defending 470
San Diego - defending 0
Cincinnatti - defending 0
Montreal - defending 0
New Haven - defending 60
Us Open - defending 100

A weak enough field at Stanford, good chance at defending most of her points, or maybe even all since she likes it there, and nothing to defend until New Haven. Seems like she could be a top 4 seed in San Diego. And no reak raw in the US Ope this year. Great chance to buckle her ranking right back up to to 9-12 area. A good summer here is vital.

bruce goose
Jul 12th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Scheduled to play:

Stanford - defending 470
San Diego - defending 0
Cincinnatti - defending 0
Montreal - defending 0
And possibly New Haven (defending 60), I hope not though.
Us Open - defending 100

A weak enough field at Stanford, good chance at defending most of her points, or maybe even all since she likes it there, and nothing to defend until New Haven. Seems like she could be a top 4 seed in San Diego. And no reak raw in the US Ope this year. Great chance to buckle her ranking right back up to to 9-12 area. A good summer here is vital.I'm not naive enough to complain that Marion's defending her Stanford title while she completely ignored Mexico.......still not thrilled about her earlier absence,though:(

Anyhow,thanks for starting the thread,Ferg:wavey:

Ferg
Jul 17th, 2010, 01:33 AM
I'm not naive enough to complain that Marion's defending her Stanford title while she completely ignored Mexico.......still not thrilled about her earlier absence,though:(

Anyhow,thanks for starting the thread,Ferg:wavey:

No problem!

And shes signed up for New Haven :sobbing: I dont know why, I hope she doesnt retire again this year. 6 weeks in a row is a big ask.

bruce goose
Jul 17th, 2010, 01:42 AM
No problem!

And shes signed up for New Haven :sobbing: I dont know why, I hope she doesnt retire again this year. 6 weeks in a row is a big ask.Don't you think she'll pull out of there if she gets a good USO tune-up before then??Quite frankly,even fOUR weeks in a row is a bit much for Marion with her typical level of fitness,IMO

Ferg
Jul 17th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Don't you think she'll pull out of there if she gets a good USO tune-up before then??Quite frankly,even fOUR weeks in a row is a bit much for Marion with her typical level of fitness,IMO

Depnds how she does at Cinci and Montreal I think. Shes never had a good record at Cinci I think but she made a big semi in the latter 2 years ago so Im hopeful she gets another good result there. But the fast courts will be a vry welcome change, Wimbledon is just getting slower and slower. I think thats a reason she does so well at Eastbourne but not so well at WImbledon anymore, the court speed.

bruce goose
Jul 17th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Depnds how she does at Cinci and Montreal I think. Shes never had a good record at Cinci I think but she made a big semi in the latter 2 years ago so Im hopeful she gets another good result there. But the fast courts will be a vry welcome change, Wimbledon is just getting slower and slower. I think thats a reason she does so well at Eastbourne but not so well at WImbledon anymore, the court speed.My friend is going to Cincy....He went there last year and said that a grounds pass gives you good access to the players...so I'll give him a very short greeting to relay to Marion...but he can't speak French to save his life so the message will be in English:lol:

Marionated
Jul 18th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Too many tournaments :o

Well she'll probably tank/retire at New Haven.

bruce goose
Jul 18th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Too many tournaments :o

Well she'll probably tank/retire at New Haven.Tbh,I can't even picture it getting that far;she'll either skip one/a couple of the listed tourneys before New Haven....or she'll take a break THEN.I'm not even sure that Caro played FIVE straight tourneys during her marathon schedule from last season...and I can't imagine Marion doing that unless it were to save the life of a family member:lol::lol:

Marionated
Jul 18th, 2010, 06:38 PM
You're probably right. She did withdraw from LA last year.

Marionated
Jul 18th, 2010, 07:01 PM
It's hard to believe that nearly a year has passed since she won Stanford. How quickly time flies :bolt:

bruce goose
Jul 18th, 2010, 07:33 PM
It's hard to believe that nearly a year has passed since she won Stanford. How quickly time flies :bolt:Couldn't agree more;the WTA and NFL both help the calendar move much more quickly for me...though I wish that Marion were a bit more active

Ferg
Jul 18th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Gawd, I remember it, I was on holidays with a slow as fuck computer which meant I couldnt watch it, only had the scoreboard to go on, almost died from the tension.

Tennisking5
Jul 18th, 2010, 09:12 PM
how bout she just win the us open? what do ya think?

bruce goose
Jul 19th, 2010, 12:13 PM
With Schiavone having won RG,WTA-haters would complain bitterly if another underdog won a Slam.....I'd love to see Marion antagonize them that way

Steadyniacki
Jul 19th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Glad she's playing all of them, even is she only makes a quarter or better in a couple events she has already got her points back. KEEEEEEN! :cheer:

bruce goose
Jul 20th, 2010, 10:03 PM
I have nothing meaningful to add.....just thought that our Marion:hearts: deserved more than one page for her hard-court thread:lol:

Ferg
Jul 21st, 2010, 01:35 PM
Such a pity shes not a top 4 seed. :tears: I hope, hope, hope, hope that she does not draw Bepa or Radwanska in the quarters. It would be a disaster.

bruce goose
Jul 21st, 2010, 05:47 PM
Such a pity shes not a top 4 seed. :tears: I hope, hope, hope, hope that she does not draw Bepa or Radwanska in the quarters. It would be a disaster.Not necessarily.....She won that crown by beating Venus practically on her home court...and Venus is superior to either of the other two you named.....Marion also broke thru for her 2nd win vs. Li'l Bepa last year...though I'll concede that both Bepas have given her trouble

Ferg
Jul 21st, 2010, 06:14 PM
Venus doesnt totally own Maron in their H2H though...

bruce goose
Jul 21st, 2010, 06:23 PM
Venus doesnt totally own Maron in their H2H though...Only Aga meets that description with her 5-0 H2H....Still,it'd be ridiculous,IMO,to choose to play Venus instead of Aga on grass if you had it in your power to determine your fate.If Marion can just break through ONCE vs. Aga...then other victories will follow in the H2H

Marionated
Jul 21st, 2010, 06:56 PM
The problem is that Marion always plays Radwanska when Radwanska is playing really well :o

I'm quite sure Marion would be able to beat the Radwanska I saw lose to Cirstea in LA last year.

bruce goose
Jul 21st, 2010, 07:38 PM
The problem is that Marion always plays Radwanska when Radwanska is playing really well :o

I'm quite sure Marion would be able to beat the Radwanska I saw lose to Cirstea in LA last year.Got a question for you...maybe you know the amswer,or maybe not......When deciding whether or not to grant a WC to a borderline player(that is,a player who doesn't indisputably deserve one),do tournament chiefs weigh whether or not it's someone who will appreciate that WC by making an honest effort on court??....As opposed to someone who has a reputation for rolling over and tanking after her serve is first broken......Or does such a consideration never enter the tourney guys' minds??

Ferg
Jul 21st, 2010, 07:39 PM
Id still take Stosur or Dementieva over those 2 though!

bruce goose
Jul 21st, 2010, 08:31 PM
Just looked at the current entry list for Stanford...and it's not much of a great gift that Ivanovic got a WC there....Can't figure out why she even needed it unless she petitioned for a spot after the preferred deadline...even with her sorry,ITF-caliber of play,she's still seeded higher than Y-C Chan,Kudryavtseva,Scheepers and Harkleroad...so why did SHE need a WC while THEY didn't??Unless it's for the deadline reason I just mentioned......Anyhow,there are some real stiffs in the MD for Marion,so she should manage to avoid an opening-round upset...even the 2nd Round shouldn't be tremendously threatening

Ferg
Jul 21st, 2010, 11:00 PM
I hope Marion doesnt get Azarenka early either :scared:

Im gonna be a nervous wreck till I see the draw :sobbing:

bruce goose
Jul 22nd, 2010, 12:05 AM
I hope Marion doesnt get Azarenka early either :scared:REALLY??Normally,I might agree,but Vika has been a punching bag for most of this year...she lost EASILY to Ana in Rome.Unless she shows a clear return to form,I'd be happy to see Vika set herself up for a KO by Marion

Ferg
Jul 22nd, 2010, 12:35 AM
Eastbourne?

bruce goose
Jul 22nd, 2010, 12:51 AM
Eastbourne?Well,you can try to use isolated examples to prove a point,but I prefer the larger picture: Eastbourne has been Vika's ONLY good tournament since mid-February...that's more than a slight trend...and Marion hardly got her ass kicked with the score 6-3,7-5...the closest of their three encounters yet....Vika is mentally fragile;you can fear her if you want,but I'd rather see Marion break the schneid.That's my competitive mindset...unless I'm overmatched and have no honest expectation of winning...e.g.,Mexico facing the U.S. in basketball....I'd rather BEAT my opponent than run from him

.....While you're here,would you be willing to go to the WTA webpage for me?My PC is fucking up and won't display the captions for the photos:rolleyes:.There's a woman with a familiar face in #11 of the 'All-american Photo Gallery',yet I can't remember who she is.Would you click on that photo and tell me what her name is??I'd appreciate it:hatoff:

Ferg
Jul 22nd, 2010, 01:04 AM
I wasnt trying to use it to prove shs having a good year, she clearly isnt, just saying she is a threat with her H2H over Marion.

And the women in #11 are Kathy Jordan and Kathy Rinaldi!

bruce goose
Jul 22nd, 2010, 01:13 AM
Eastbourne?

I wasnt trying to use it to prove shs having a good year, she clearly isnt, just saying she is a threat with her H2H over Marion.

And the women in #11 are Kathy Jordan and Kathy Rinaldi!WEll,I'll definitely agree with you on THAT one....This year has bothered me a bit with Fran winning RG....It makes me yearn harder for Marion to win her Slam.I think that Venus might retire soon....and that Serena might get a bit lonely with her big sis gone,too....Heck,the BEST guarantee would be if they both met some decent guys and fell in love...while their biological clocks started pounding:lol:....It could really open up Wimby for Marion

....Thanks for the info,too.....I couldn't tell 100% if the gal on the right had aged badly...or if they were different women:lol:.Jordan really isn't ugly per se...but Rinaldi was a doll:hearts:.My most vivid memory of her was when she took on a teenaged Steffi Graf at the 1984 L.A. Olympics(it was an exho sport at the time)...and she got angry afterwards b/c the American fans had cheered for the scrappy,unknown youngster named Steffi;)

Marionated
Jul 22nd, 2010, 09:48 AM
Got a question for you...maybe you know the amswer,or maybe not......When deciding whether or not to grant a WC to a borderline player(that is,a player who doesn't indisputably deserve one),do tournament chiefs weigh whether or not it's someone who will appreciate that WC by making an honest effort on court??....As opposed to someone who has a reputation for rolling over and tanking after her serve is first broken......Or does such a consideration never enter the tourney guys' minds??

Are you talking about Ana Ivanovic? :lol:

Lighter
Jul 22nd, 2010, 12:30 PM
Eugène Lapierre, tournament director, is the man who decide. And Marion knows how rude he can be (remember 1/2 finals vs Cibulkova 2 years ago).

And Virgine Razzano got one of the MD WC.

bruce goose
Jul 22nd, 2010, 12:44 PM
Eugène Lapierre, tournament director, is the man who decide. And Marion knows how rude he can be (remember 1/2 finals vs Cibulkova 2 years ago).

And Virgine Razzano got one of the MD WC.Lighter,I don't wanna let Marion's thread get cluttered with another player's issues...but,as a general tennis question,it's a valid query....Do tourney heads consider a player's fighting spirit--or lack thereof--when determining whether they should grant a WC??

Marionated
Jul 22nd, 2010, 12:52 PM
Do you think she should get a wc for a premier 5 event? I mean, she just lost to Peer on GRASS. I assume you mean Ana, Bruce.

I don't think she lacks fighting spirit though, I think she's in denial about her current situation.

bruce goose
Jul 22nd, 2010, 01:12 PM
Gotta leave for work..but I'd appreciate it if you guys could just answer the question...instead of worrying about whom it applies to....seeya later:wavey:

Alizé Molik
Jul 22nd, 2010, 03:00 PM
for bruce:

http://www.tennis.co.uk/images/tennis-girls/Marion-Bartoli.jpg

Marionated
Jul 22nd, 2010, 03:06 PM
When talking about wildcards, the tournament organizers usually prioritize players from the country, hence lots of british girls get wildcards at Wimbledon.

Lighter
Jul 22nd, 2010, 04:38 PM
Lighter,I don't wanna let Marion's thread get cluttered with another player's issues...but,as a general tennis question,it's a valid query....Do tourney heads consider a player's fighting spirit--or lack thereof--when determining whether they should grant a WC??Eugène Lapierre answered that Ana is only 65. I suppose that he will give WC to canadian players like Dubois, tetreault or Fichman. And he choose Razzano instead of Ivanovic. That's the way it is.

bruce goose
Jul 22nd, 2010, 06:08 PM
Eugène Lapierre answered that Ana is only 65. I suppose that he will give WC to canadian players like Dubois, tetreault or Fichman. And he choose Razzano instead of Ivanovic. That's the way it is.Whether it were Marion,Razzano,or ANYone else,if I had to decide on a somewhat-controversial WC issue,I'd ask myself if that player would demonstrate gratitude for the WC by putting forth an earnest effort.If I suspected that she'd roll over and tank after her first bad break in the match,then I'd be strongly disinclined to grant the WC......I just don't know if tourney heads think at all like AYE do...or if they completely disregard the issue I just mentioned

bruce goose
Jul 22nd, 2010, 06:13 PM
for bruce:

http://www.tennis.co.uk/images/tennis-girls/Marion-Bartoli.jpgThanks for that gift,amigo,from the Bartoli Family Bakery:hatoff:....If you catch word that Marion has been misbehaving at any time....and if you think that a nice spanking might get her back on track:devil:....and if no one else is available to give her one.....make sure to let me know;)

Ferg
Jul 22nd, 2010, 06:15 PM
Well the only way I would give a WC to a former champ is if she needed it it the year after. If shes playing very badly 2-3 years after winning and it pretty much guaranteed not to get any wins in the MD, and her ranking is only good enough for the qualifying, then I wouldnt grant one to her.

bruce goose
Jul 22nd, 2010, 06:32 PM
Well the only way I would give a WC to a former champ is if she needed it it the year after. If shes playing very badly 2-3 years after winning and it pretty much guaranteed not to get any wins in the MD, and her ranking is only good enough for the qualifying, then I wouldnt grant one to her.Since everyone has mentioned it,I'll refer directly to Montreal....Even the organizers state that Ana did them a LOT of good with her promo work there 2 years ago...apparently,they weren't so solid,financially,at that time.The dEGREE to which Ana helped is more of a relative measurement;some of her other fans--you see that I'm a fan of hers--act as if she saved the city of Montreal from deep economic depression and,somewhat understandably,they're bitter that Ana aggravated a thumb injury there by playing before she was fully healed...not that that's ANY fault of the tourney organizers.

The bottom line is that I'm a fan of Marion's,too...and Elena's...and yet I maintain my principles on important issues....I wouldn't claim that ANY of my faves deserved a WC if she had established a reputation for tanking with lifeless efforts.As the tourney chief,I wouldn't demand a victory by any stretch...only that the WC recipient battled honestly to the end.If she didn't do that,then I'd feel as if she were spitting in my face with her feeble effort after I'd put myself on the line for her with the controversial WC.....I'll repeat,I don't know if LaPierre or ANY of the tourney heads ever consider that aspect...that's what I was curious about

Steadyniacki
Jul 23rd, 2010, 08:20 AM
OMFG KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN for stanford it still seems so far away :tears:

bruce goose
Jul 23rd, 2010, 12:53 PM
Just a brief diversion while we wait for the Stanford Q-Draw that might contain Marion's:hearts: ferocious 1st-Round opponent.....

A few weeks back,Rennae Stubbs was doing the official WTA page blog from Wimbledon....I'd always thought that Stubbs was a blathering phony...talking about how she's best friends with the entire planet...and how much she LOVES connecting with the fans:rolleyes:...and then she got eliminated from Mixed Doubles...after being upset in the gal's doubles.....and she went into Snotty Bitch Mode and blew off her blog.THAT might be expected from an impetuous teenager,yet Stubbs is 40 years old....I wasn't that surprised when she showed her true colors,though there's a basic understanding,when you blog,that you can end the blog after you lose...but you at least offer one final post regarding the loss before saying goodbye.Even some of the most temperamental players have accommodated in this manner....Sometimes they sulk for a day while they get over the disappointment of defeat...and then submit their 'defeat post' the NEXT day...but almost NEVER does anyone blow it off completely as Stubbs did.

I bring this up b/c Bad Gastein blogger Andrea Petkovic admitted earlier that she was a sore loser...let's see if she just needed that extra day to shake off the loss...or if she follows in Stubbs' ugly footsteps....It would look very unprofessional if that became a trend and,even though Andrea is booksmart AND quite hot....I'll lose some respect for her if she repeats recent history.....Don't do it,'Andy'!:p

Ferg
Jul 23rd, 2010, 05:37 PM
Well she posted one now Bruce. I wouldnt have cared if she did or not, she still strikes me as a really sweet person still able to offer a smile after a hard loss.

bruce goose
Jul 23rd, 2010, 05:49 PM
Well she posted one now Bruce. I wouldnt have cared if she did or not, she still strikes me as a really sweet person still able to offer a smile after a hard loss.Yeah,I sorta get the same impression of her.I'd already seen the blog earlier,and I would've been surprised if she had blown it off completely;she just needed a day to cool off:lol:.She DOES seem a bit opinionated and,with her booksmarts,she might be quite annoying if you disagreed with her on something she cared about...yet,all in all,I agree with you that she carries herself in a charming manner...she acts like kind of a horny girl,too:p,as she FREQUENTLY comments on men who arouse her.

Back on topic,it's VERY rare that someone abandons her blog in Bitch Mode...as I said,when you pledge to connect with the fans--for only a short timespan--you sort of obligate yourself to post in good OR bad circumstances....It looks pretty snotty when you post after victories and then storm off in a huff following a loss.I remember when Marion was doing that WTA blog;as I recall,she lost to a less-talented,lower-seeded player due to an injury default....yet Marion still finished her blog after a brief delay

Ferg
Jul 24th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Zvonareva withdrew apparently... Marion up to #4 seeding now and one of her biggest obstacles out of the way. Sharapova, Peer, Wickmayer or Azarenka in the quarters now instead of Elena, Sam, Bepa or Radwanska. Much better chances.

Steadyniacki
Jul 24th, 2010, 01:51 PM
I'm hoping for 1000 points at least from marion here.

bruce goose
Jul 24th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Zvonareva withdrew apparently... Marion up to #4 seeding now and one of her biggest obstacles out of the way. Sharapova, Peer, Wickmayer or Azarenka in the quarters now instead of Elena, Sam, Bepa or Radwanska. Much better chances.Yeah,no complaints here.VAMOS,Marion!!:bounce:

Ferg
Jul 24th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Azarenka in Marions quarter apparently... Would have preferred any of the others.

Marionated
Jul 24th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Oudin to take out Azarenka :devil: she's due a good tournament.

Ferg
Jul 24th, 2010, 09:36 PM
(1)Samantha Stosur v BYE
Q v Q
Dominika Cibulkova v (wc)Hilary Barte
Yung-Jan Chan v (7)Yanina Wickmayer

(4)Marinon Bartoli v Ashley Harkleroad
Alisa Kleybanova v (wc)Ana Ivanovic
Melanie Oudin v Aleksandra Wozniak
Ayumi Morita v (8/wc)Victoria Azarenka

(6)Shahar Peer v Daniela Hantuchova
Maria Kirilenko v Q
Q v Jill Craybas
Chanelle Scheepers v (3)Agnieszka Radwanska

(5)Maria Sharapova v Jie Zheng
Alla Kudryavtseva v Olga Govortsova
Kimiko Date-Krumm v (wc)Dinara Safina
(2)Elena Dementieva v BYE

Ferg
Jul 24th, 2010, 09:37 PM
She should make the quarters, hopefully someone takes Azarenka out. :unsure: Id like her chances in a semi if it got that far.

bruce goose
Jul 24th, 2010, 10:07 PM
She should make the quarters, hopefully someone takes Azarenka out. :unsure: Id like her chances in a semi if it got that far.Though I respect your concerns,a player should EXPECT to face a tough foe in the QFs of a Premier or Slam.Someone who wants cakewalk draws,all the way through,really has no business even competing(I'm not saying that Marion thinks that way).....There's nothing wrong with not wanting the toughest draw...preferring a break in the first couple rounds...but you should be ready to fight from the QFs onward,IMO...otherwise,just retire if the competition's too scary:shrug:

Ferg
Jul 25th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Well, Azarenka served GOAT like in Eastbourne, if she didnt serve like that again Marion would have every chance.

Anyways, first up is Harkleroad. Hopefully it should be a breeze, Marion is 0-2 against here, both matches when Marion was a teen.

bruce goose
Jul 25th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Well, Azarenka served GOAT like in Eastbourne, if she didnt serve like that again Marion would have every chance.

Anyways, first up is Harkleroad. Hopefully it should be a breeze, Marion is 0-2 against here, both matches when Marion was a teen.Technically,Ashley owns Marion,but I'll be VERY displeased if that continues...your Vika comments are worthy observations.I've seen Vika with the puniest of serves,so I'd call her Eastbourne serving an aberration;we'll see what Marion does if given a chance to break her oh-fer vs. Vika

Chakvenus
Jul 26th, 2010, 04:41 AM
oooooh im so nervous for this week!!
i know Marion is MORE than capable of defending her title, but its so nerve-wracking as they do so!! i hope she returns well too (of course) and goes to that handy 'slam the ball up the middle of the court' tactic she used so well against Vee last year.
Go MARION!!

Ferg
Jul 26th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Well, Marion playing on Tuesday. I would have preferred her playing on Monday and gettig a day rest.

bruce goose
Jul 26th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Well, Marion playing on Tuesday. I would have preferred her playing on Monday and gettig a day rest.Let's hope she's had enough rest for a couple weeks

Lighter
Jul 27th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Marion 1st on cc vs Ashley 11 am.

In case of win, her next opponent will be, sorry Bruce, VIP Ana who crushed poor Alisa in 2 sets.

Steadyniacki
Jul 27th, 2010, 07:56 AM
Ali :tears:
Marion should win 1 and 1.
If she loses.. out come the knives.
a little :scared: about versing ana

Ferg
Jul 27th, 2010, 11:55 AM
I was a bit nervous hearing it was Ivanovic but after hearing Alisa was less than in good condition, Im not so worried. Besides, this is Marions home, she doesnt beat people like Venus and JJ to lose to some random tour woman.

Lighter
Jul 27th, 2010, 12:26 PM
You forgot Sam Stosur and Mel oudin in 2009, Chaky and Sugy in 2008.

In fact, Stanford surface suits perfectly on her game, better than Miami or Wimby. If she plays at her normal level, she will go far.

bruce goose
Jul 27th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Marion 1st on cc vs Ashley 11 am.

In case of win, her next opponent will be, sorry Bruce, VIP Ana who crushed poor Alisa in 2 sets.Lighter,I never have a problem determining allegiances in TEAM sports but,as you can see from my sig,I'm not limited to one favorite in the WTA:o.Marion and Ana have only played once in almost five years,luckily for me,cuz I can't cheer ardently against EITHER of them.When these kinds of meeetings happen,I just sit thru my anguish in hopes that both gals stay on the right track regardless of outcome....I actually cheered for Marion when they last played,Zurich 2008,but her lovely Serbian opponent is in such jeopardy of becoming extinct that I must remain neutral this time.....Still,I'd LOVE to see :hearts:Marion:hearts: defend a title for the first time in her career

Drine
Jul 27th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Marion won her R1 match against Harkleroad 6-1 6-4 http://www.vvdrienerlo.nl/smileys/thumbup.gif
Easy first set, tighter second set but she's done the job. Congrats Marion and good luck against Ana http://www.vvdrienerlo.nl/smileys/102.gif

Ferg
Jul 27th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Harder than I expected but good to have a nice win in an hour before Ivanovic.

Time to get a win against her now. :cheer: She should be able to do it. If she somehow loses I shall be very displeased.

Lighter
Jul 27th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Better start than last year vs Morita i guess. Ashley knows so much Marion's game. For sure, Marion was always under control.

R2 vs Ana : the best will win. H2H means nothing (Pironkova in Wimby :armed:). And if i remember well, Marion has mp against Ana in 2005 or in 2006.

Last games of Zurich match can be seen on youtube.

Ferg
Jul 27th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Yeah, their H2H here doesnt count so much, 2 matches 5 years ago and 2 years ago where Ana was playing very well. Marion should take this, all reports say Klebs was terrible in the match.

bruce goose
Jul 27th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Yeah, their H2H here doesnt count so much, 2 matches 5 years ago and 2 years ago where Ana was playing very well. Marion should take this, all reports say Klebs was terrible in the match.You're on point with your last comment;even Ana's diehard fans concede that Klebs was mostly lousy...so that's not a great reflection on Marion's odds at winning

bruce goose
Jul 28th, 2010, 01:17 AM
A little sidebar from the world of WTA Blog Integrity:Turkish veteran Ipek Senoglu is doing the blog this week from her home tourney of Istanbul.At 30,she's past her athletic prime,apparently,as she didn't even enter the Singles event.Yesterday in her first entry,Ipek mentioned how proud she was of the progress that the tournament has made since its inception...and also how proud she is of her country in general.She did NOT try to blow smoke up our asses,like phony blowhard Rennae Stubbs(who was beaten in her Doubles match today in Stanford:cool:),by telling us what a glorious honor it was to blog...how she's best friends with the entire world...and how she can't miss an opportunity to connect with the fans...blah,blah,blah:bs:......In fact,Ipek gave a disclaimer from the beginning that she would TRY to give daily updates,so she basically warned us in advance that she might skip a day here and there...so we can respect her honesty:hatoff:....Ipek lost her Doubles match today,so let's grant her a day to cool off,following the loss,as she blows off steam by having a few drinks....She's proud of her culture,so I'm confident that she'll return to talk to us about it soon:)

.....Okay,back to Marion News:angel:

Lighter
Jul 28th, 2010, 10:47 AM
I saw double match yesterday, and Ipek didn't play very well.

Concerning Marion, it seems that her next match will be scheduled during night session on thursday.

bruce goose
Jul 28th, 2010, 12:47 PM
I saw double match yesterday, and Ipek didn't play very well.

Concerning Marion, it seems that her next match will be scheduled during night session on thursday.But Ipek gets bonus points for blogging after her loss;)(the WTA webpage just posted it late).

Other than Wimbledon and last year's Stanford,I can't remember too many times when Marion played on a big center court vs. a glamorous,popular opponent.....I'd be curious to see her W-L record in such situations

Lighter
Jul 28th, 2010, 12:53 PM
But Ipek gets bonus points for blogging after her loss;)(the WTA webpage just posted it late).

Other than Wimbledon and last year's Stanford,I can't remember too many times when Marion played on a big center court vs. a glamorous,popular opponent.....I'd be curious to see her W-L record in such situations2008 US OPEN vs Lindsay Davenport in front a crazy crowd, 2009 AO vs JJ, 2010 MIAMI vs Yanina Wickmayer with a fullfil stadium waiting for god Roger

bruce goose
Jul 28th, 2010, 01:06 PM
2008 US OPEN vs Lindsay Davenport in front a crazy crowd, 2009 AO vs JJ, 2010 MIAMI vs Yanina Wickmayer with a fullfil stadium waiting for god RogerI'll assume that your divinity reference to weepy Federer was tongue-in-cheek:lol:....I vividly recall that Davenport match now.Though I don't dislike Lindsay,the American fans were shitty and rude that day,IMO...sort of like the RG fans were when the chair umpire screwed Serena in 2003...except not quite so intense

Lighter
Jul 28th, 2010, 01:27 PM
I only remember from 2003 match vs Serena in Miami that a 2nd Serena's serve was so kicked that Marion didn't touch the ball. And she often tells this story.

I guess that Marion has played on every biggest central courts of the world.

Don't forget electric crowd when she played Kim in New York.

Middle-east and Asian CC are often empty, even for good matchs (Match vs Zvo in Beijing).

Steadyniacki
Jul 28th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Random question but i was trying to remember the last time marion lost with mp's and i'm thinking patty in a 3rd set tb?

Yes ipek is very nice when i request to be friends with her on fb she sent me a messagw saying sorry but she just want to keep her profile between close friends and when i replied saying i understand she replied saying thankyou :D

Lighter
Jul 28th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Random question but i was trying to remember the last time marion lost with mp's and i'm thinking patty in a 3rd set tb? It was in 2010 in Dubaï vs Li Na. I was crazy in front of livescore : 1 or 2 mp if i remember.

I have decided not to follow Marion's livescore since this match.

bruce goose
Jul 28th, 2010, 06:15 PM
It was in 2010 in Dubaï vs Li Na. I was crazy in front of livescore : 1 or 2 mp if i remember.

I have decided not to follow Marion's livescore since this match.Actually,it's healthier to not follow Marion--PERIOD--live scores or not:lol:....but you can't get rid of her once you're attached to the Corsican Queen:hearts:

Lighter
Jul 28th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Marion about Ashley :
“She played really well, especially in the second set,” ..... “For someone who hasn't played that much lately, she was giving me a hard time out there.”

Marion about her match vs Ana :
“The matches Ana and I have had in the past have been really, really close,” ..... “I'm definitely looking forward to it. I think this is great preparation for me if I want to do well at the U.S. Open.”

Ferg
Jul 28th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Ugh, couldnt bear a loss to Ivanovic of all people. Her fans are getting very cocky. Marion needs to win it.

Steadyniacki
Jul 28th, 2010, 10:31 PM
Did she have mps against na :speakles::tears:

Lighter
Jul 28th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Did she have mps against na :speakles::tears:For sure, at least one.

bruce goose
Jul 28th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Really enjoyed that quote from Marion that she's focused on a Slam final;perhaps Schiavone's RG is a big reason why Marion feels that push within her

Ferg
Jul 29th, 2010, 08:29 PM
I had such a terrible nightmare last night, I dreamt I was watching the scoreboard and it was all crazy scores and then suddenly Ivanovic won the first set 6-4. I wont get a good nights sleep tonight so I might just stay up for it.

bruce goose
Jul 29th, 2010, 09:04 PM
I had such a terrible nightmare last night, I dreamt I was watching the scoreboard and it was all crazy scores and then suddenly Ivanovic won the first set 6-4. I wont get a good nights sleep tonight so I might just stay up for it.If it's any consolation to you,the Ana fans in her forum are very nervous b/c :hearts:Marion:hearts: returns serve so well PLUS Ana's serve has been so weak for the most part.Whichever one wins,I hope she maximizes the opportunity instead of losing her next match

Ferg
Jul 29th, 2010, 11:16 PM
It looks like the winner will play Azarenka, and her serving stats are extremely shaky against Oudin. I am convinced the big difference in their Eastbourne match was the quality of Azarenka's serve. If she does the same to Marion what sh gave to Oudin, Marion should be able to exploit.... Ugh, im gonna jinx her.

bruce goose
Jul 30th, 2010, 12:22 AM
It looks like the winner will play Azarenka, and her serving stats are extremely shaky against Oudin. I am convinced the big difference in their Eastbourne match was the quality of Azarenka's serve. If she does the same to Marion what sh gave to Oudin, Marion should be able to exploit.... Ugh, im gonna jinx her.Good news for Marion....If she gets by Ana as expected,I like her chances of reaching the semis...then it'd be either a rematch with Stosur or Marion's 2nd career meeting with Wicky...the first one being a close win in this year's Miami QFs

Ferg
Jul 30th, 2010, 04:29 AM
ohh briliant win!! I know Ana was playing shit recently but I couldnt help but be nervous for this, staying up till half 4 was worth it! :cheer:

Vika next :o. But Marion had 0-2 against Ash, 0-3 against Ana, and Vika served very badly today, Marion can do this.

Alizé Molik
Jul 30th, 2010, 04:35 AM
this is the best place for Marion to beat Vika if it's ever going to happen!

Chakvenus
Jul 30th, 2010, 04:38 AM
this is the best place for Marion to beat Vika if it's ever going to happen!

so true.
these are pretty much the fastest courts around anymore, so if Marion can take charge of Vika's crap serve and smack some of her trademark stellar returns, this match - and a first victory against Vika - is more than possible!!

bruce goose
Jul 30th, 2010, 05:11 AM
At this stage,I don't think that Marion has any attitude that Vika is unbeatable for her...it's certainly not true...so she shouldn't believe it

Drine
Jul 30th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Yay !!! Congrats Marion, keep it up http://www.vvdrienerlo.nl/smileys/40.gif

Ferg
Jul 30th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Marion with a headband. :awww:

Marionated
Jul 30th, 2010, 12:28 PM
I think it looks really good.

Unfortunately I don't see her beating Azarenka, but then I didn't give her any chance against Stosur and Venus last year. Prove me wrong again Marion :angel:

Ferg
Jul 30th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Yeah Im not gonna dare hope for a win but she has gotten her first wins over so many players here so...

Ferg
Jul 30th, 2010, 12:42 PM
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckk Marion finally has a televised match and its the night Im going out for a famous dj coming to the club. :sobbing: Oh well, I suppose Ill just ask someone to text me the scores, if she loses than maybe having a few drinks in me will deaden the pain. :tears:

Alizé Molik
Jul 30th, 2010, 04:09 PM
oh no Ferg :(

bruce goose
Jul 30th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Well,I'd probably enjoy giving Vika a nice head-to-toe sunscreen rubdown on the beach but,honestly,I don't care for her too much as a person...and I'll pissed:( if Marion ends her Stanford run here

Bartoli's Boy
Jul 30th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Really enjoyed that quote from Marion that she's focused on a Slam final;perhaps Schiavone's RG is a big reason why Marion feels that push within her

I still believe! :p

Nice to see Marion get a win over Ana too. That's another (former) number one she's taken out. ;)

bruce goose
Jul 30th, 2010, 09:22 PM
I still believe! :p

Nice to see Marion get a win over Ana too. That's another (former) number one she's taken out. ;)I was in a little bit of a bind last night;can't even remember the last time I cheered against Ana...but I found myself pulling for Marion...mostly b/c I envisioned how much crap she'd take for not beating Ana in her current fragile state...I don't feel guilty(though I hope Ana doesn't melt down for the next 2 months),but I'll be annoyed if Marion repays my choosing sides by losing to Vika.....That's a VERY attackable serve for Marion so,unless Azarenka starts mysteriously serving lasers,Marion should be able to take this

Steadyniacki
Jul 30th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Stanford has been so out of whack :tears:
I got up half an hour ago thinking that the match would be halfway through at least but it hasnt even started! :rolls:

Steadyniacki
Jul 30th, 2010, 09:44 PM
match should be starting now :cheer:

Ferg
Jul 30th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Im just letting the scoreboard and getting my sister to text me with updates. I really hope she wins or else she'll lose a lot of points, and Rezai could become French #1. Im not worried about that lasting long though, it was Cornet in 08 and Razzano in 09 and neither could keep up with her over the long run.

Steadyniacki
Jul 30th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Marion looking Very Pretty!

tennis-insomniac
Jul 30th, 2010, 10:29 PM
marion is on !!! go for that backhand more woo hoo

tennis-insomniac
Jul 30th, 2010, 10:36 PM
dont let her in your mind marion go for the first strike control the aggression ! allezzz

tennis-insomniac
Jul 30th, 2010, 10:53 PM
6-3 first set control the game go mari

bruce goose
Jul 30th, 2010, 11:46 PM
That's great,Marion.....Fail to defend your title b/c you CHOKED away a 6-3,3-1 lead to one of the snottiest,most obnoxious ones on Tour:rolleyes:

bruce goose
Jul 31st, 2010, 12:09 AM
Ferg,I apologize for questioning you the other day.....Marion just lost SEVEN STRAIGHT GAMES.....NOT to some great champion,but to one of the Tour's mentally feeble,immature GIRLS who unravels at the drop of a hat...a player who's never come CLOSE to winning a Slam and,except in the eyes of her blindest diehard fans,is never expected to do so..........I'm ready to puke almost:tape:

tennis-insomniac
Jul 31st, 2010, 12:29 AM
so sad but hey girl keep it up i still love you marion ur amazing :)

bruce goose
Jul 31st, 2010, 12:51 AM
I've seen a few occasions where one of the WS--each one has done this)--came back from Triple MP against a tough opponent...even a former Slam winner...to win a match.How does Marion defend her title????By getting broken at love by one of the dizziest,most overrated players of this era....basically,a cheesy Kournikova-type who happened to luck into a couple titles....Still,like I said before,Vika has NEVER threatened to win a Slam and nobody outside of her own relatives,maybe,thinks she ever WILL.On the big stage,she's no more than a snot-faced punching bag for REAL champions......Marion's second serves today were as pathetic as Dinara's sometimes are...and THAT'S saying something....We're talking about a player who didn't even TRY to get the ball over the net when she DFed on MP vs. Kuzy in the RG 2009 final....she had already quit,mentally........THAT's what Marion's serving reminded me of in the 2nd and 3rd set......Why in the f--k did I waste my energy cheering for her against Ana if she was gonna roll over against that pinche zorra de burdel sucia,Azarenka!:rolleyes:.....THIS one'll take a while to forget:(

tennis-insomniac
Jul 31st, 2010, 01:01 AM
I've seen a few occasions where one of the WS--each one has done this)--came back from Triple MP against a tough opponent...even a former Slam winner...to win a match.How does Marion defend her title????By getting broken at love by one of the dizziest,most overrated players of this era....basically,a cheesy Kournikova-type who happened to luck into a couple titles....Still,like I said before,Vika has NEVER threatened to win a Slam and nobody outside of her own relatives,maybe,thinks she ever WILL.On the big stage,she's no more than a snot-faced punching bag for REAL champions......Marion's second serves today were as pathetic as Dinara's sometimes are...and THAT'S saying something....We're talking about a player who didn't even TRY to get the ball over the net when she DFed on MP vs. Kuzy in the RG 2009 final....she had already quit,mentally........THAT's what Marion's serving reminded me of in the 2nd and 3rd set......Why in the f--k did I waste my energy cheering for her against Ana if she was gonna roll over against that pinche zorra de burdel sucia,Azarenka!:rolleyes:.....THIS one'll take a while to forget:(

it's just a sport man, there;s winning and also it comes with losing, I have to say if Marion had pushed a little bit in the first set to lead 5-1 or in that second set to go 3-1 she could have won the match but as her following fan I know her main problem has been her stamina. still have hope for her to do well the rest of the season :)

bruce goose
Jul 31st, 2010, 01:18 AM
it's just a sport man, there;s winning and also it comes with losing, I have to say if Marion had pushed a little bit in the first set to lead 5-1 or in that second set to go 3-1 she could have won the match but as her following fan I know her main problem has been her stamina. still have hope for her to do well the rest of the season :)Well,I had to get the rant out of my system;I don't like the player Marion lost to...don't think much of her as a human being...so that makes it more difficult to accept.Also,I think it's pathetic to be owned by someone who's not that good....In contrast,Elena D. is owned by Henin...but Henin is a multiple GS champion and,even with the domination,Elena has managed to beat her twice...so it's not a total goose egg(zero)....I'll feel better tomorrow after some sleep,almost surely

Ferg
Jul 31st, 2010, 03:33 AM
By the sounds of it a match she should have won. Very upset, especially since after my sister texted me to say she was 6-3 3-1 up I as so pleased, and when she texted me to say Marion chokd the 2nd i bascaly ruined my night. Vey hard loss but ground to make up in the next 3 weeks.Everyone says she played amazing so its tough.

Ferg
Jul 31st, 2010, 03:51 AM
Rezai fans. :rolleyes: Acting like she did everything to get the French #1 spot rather than Marion just losing.

Kipling
Jul 31st, 2010, 04:51 AM
Rezai fans. :rolleyes: Acting like she did everything to get the French #1 spot rather than Marion just losing.

In the past 12 months, rezai has three tournament wins while bartoli has none. Rezai won the last meeting between them. She's also been more consistent and beaten better quality opposition. You don't pass up players haphazardly--you do it based on long-term performance. Bartoli needs to figure out how to play well other than at Stanford.

bruce goose
Jul 31st, 2010, 06:04 AM
By the sounds of it a match she should have won. Very upset, especially since after my sister texted me to say she was 6-3 3-1 up I as so pleased, and when she texted me to say Marion chokd the 2nd i bascaly ruined my night. Vey hard loss but ground to make up in the next 3 weeks.Everyone says she played amazing so its tough.Ferg,I'll let you carry on the French Civil War with the Rezai fans:lol:.....For now,I'll give you an NFL analogous situation.Even if you NEVER watch football,you've probably heard the name 'Pittsburgh Steelers' at least in passing.They've won 2 Super Bowls in the last 5 years and are one of the NFL's strongest franchises.However,there's a sorry team in their geographically-aligned division called the Cleveland Browns....Long ago,there was an impressive rivalry between those two teams that was marked by intense hostility among the opposing fans.While the fans' intensity still exists,the rivalry has suffered in the past ten years mostly b/c the Browns have SUCKED!!!....largely due to the fact that their owner is a Dildo who runs his team like a clown college operation.The Browns now one of the NFL's worst franchises and frequently serve as crash-test dummies for the better teams.Despite that turn of events and their inferior talent,the Browns FIND A WAY,every couple years,to gather enough intestinal fortitude to beat their hated rival the Steelers(even though they lose the great majority of their games)

Do you see where I'm going with this??It's pathetic when you NEVER beat a rival...and it's that much worse when your rival isn't that good.Let's compare Azarenka to another Marion tormentor,Big Bepa Dushevina...whom Marion finally managed to defeat.To ME,Azarenka is no more talented than Dushevina...not to mention being sleazier...less attractive...and MUCH more obnoxious.At what point does Marion break this hard-to-stomach habit where she loses to a player......and then develops a mental complex against EVER beating that player??.....I'm trying to be NICE when I say that it's not the most admirable quality you'll find in sports:o

Marionated
Jul 31st, 2010, 08:17 AM
I'm just as gutted as you Bruce :hysteric: I must admit that I didn't watch the match though.

6-3 3-1 (had a break point to go up 3*-0) :rolleyes:

Drine
Jul 31st, 2010, 10:09 AM
I'm so disappointed for Marion, she was playing so well in the first set http://www.vvdrienerlo.nl/smileys/cry2.gif

Ferg
Jul 31st, 2010, 01:22 PM
Im being stalked by a psycho who obsessed with me. :scared: Brilliant.

Ferg
Jul 31st, 2010, 01:30 PM
Ferg,I'll let you carry on the French Civil War with the Rezai fans:lol:.....For now,I'll give you an NFL analogous situation.Even if you NEVER watch football,you've probably heard the name 'Pittsburgh Steelers' at least in passing.They've won 2 Super Bowls in the last 5 years and are one of the NFL's strongest franchises.However,there's a sorry team in their geographically-aligned division called the Cleveland Browns....Long ago,there was an impressive rivalry between those two teams that was marked by intense hostility among the opposing fans.While the fans' intensity still exists,the rivalry has suffered in the past ten years mostly b/c the Browns have SUCKED!!!....largely due to the fact that their owner is a Dildo who runs his team like a clown college operation.The Browns now one of the NFL's worst franchises and frequently serve as crash-test dummies for the better teams.Despite that turn of events and their inferior talent,the Browns FIND A WAY,every couple years,to gather enough intestinal fortitude to beat their hated rival the Steelers(even though they lose the great majority of their games)

Do you see where I'm going with this??It's pathetic when you NEVER beat a rival...and it's that much worse when your rival isn't that good.Let's compare Azarenka to another Marion tormentor,Big Bepa Dushevina...whom Marion finally managed to defeat.To ME,Azarenka is no more talented than Dushevina...not to mention being sleazier...less attractive...and MUCH more obnoxious.At what point does Marion break this hard-to-stomach habit where she loses to a player......and then develops a mental complex against EVER beating that player??.....I'm trying to be NICE when I say that it's not the most admirable quality you'll find in sports:o

Im scared to now Bruce if they're gonna come on Marions forum to target me!

I agree with the main part of your post, this was her best chance but I now have major reservations about her mentality in being able to beat Vika everytime they play now.

Im looking forward to San Diego now, lets hope she gets a nice draw and makes a quarter or semi at least! She should get there in plenty of time to prepare for it.

bruce goose
Jul 31st, 2010, 03:26 PM
I agree with the main part of your post, this was her best chance but I now have major reservations about her mentality in being able to beat Vika everytime they play now.

Im looking forward to San Diego now, lets hope she gets a nice draw and makes a quarter or semi at least! She should get there in plenty of time to prepare for it.Like I told our loyal Thai fan of Marion,I've had a night to sleep on it and I feel better now.....I still adore Marion:) and will cheer for her in SD

bruce goose
Jul 31st, 2010, 04:28 PM
Blog Integrity Update:Ipek Senoglu seems to have disappeared:eek:....It was understandable when she didn't post on Wednesday b/c she attended the player party that night and probably got home VERRRY late;).She returned on Thursday with some thoughtful comments...and then pledged to come back the next day(now yesterday).From the text of her statement,it seemed as if she were planning to leave Istanbul and had to blog from some larger ITF event that she had chosen to play...but maybe I just misread her intent

In the previous blog in B.Gastein,the competitive Petkovic sulked a bit when she was eliminated from the tournament but,despite avoiding her blog when she lost,she bounced back the following day with a sort of clever,ephemeral 'goodbye' that you might expect from such a brainy gal:).As many of you already know,the prior one was at Wimbledon where phony blowhard Rennae Stubbs simply stormed off in a snot-faced huff w/o showing ANY respect to the fans who help make her living possible.

I'll be slightly concerned if Senoglu follows suit b/c that would make 2 of the last 3 blogs that were simply abandoned for no seemingly valid reason....That's an ugly trend that demonstrates disrespect for tennis fans and makes the players appear arrogant.Again,in spite of retiring from the tournament with an injury,Marion graciously bid farewell to her fans when she did her last WTA webpage blog.....C'mon,Ipek:);don't follow in Stubbs' unsavory footsteps:bounce:

Steadyniacki
Aug 1st, 2010, 12:12 AM
Vs. Hantuchova R1 in San Diego.

R2, Qualifier or Zheng

QF: JJ, Alisa, Rezai

bruce goose
Aug 1st, 2010, 06:44 AM
Well,hopefully there won't be a blogger from San Diego or Copenhagen...unless it's someone with a strong sense of integrity.I had higher hopes for Senoglu in Istanbul,but this is 2 of the last 3 bloggers who've told us,as fans,to go f--k ourselves.Do you suppose the WTA brass will ever be honest enough to admit,"We elitists really don't respect you peons very much...but we'll put on an act as if we did...and hope that you keep buying our product.:D".....They'll probably never admit that,will they?:p

The SD MD is even slightly thicker with talent than Stanford's was,IMO,so Marion can't afford to dwell on her Stanford collapse...instead she has to focus on what's dead ahead.Is she READY?.....Don't ask ME to forecast such an unpredictable gal:lol:

Chakvenus
Aug 1st, 2010, 07:30 AM
GL against Dani, Marion.
such bad luck with her in past matches, bring your best to R1!!

Marionated
Aug 1st, 2010, 11:02 AM
GL against Dani, Marion.
such bad luck with her in past matches, bring your best to R1!!

Not really. They played twice in 2003 when Hantuchova was the much better player.
Marion beat her in Birmingham 07, then Daniela played exceptionally well to crush Marion in Luxembourg that year, but, and I don't want to sound like I'm making excuses, but Marion's fitness was poor back then and she was clearly tired after her marathon vs Chakvetadze.

bruce goose
Aug 1st, 2010, 02:52 PM
Not really. They played twice in 2003 when Hantuchova was the much better player.
Marion beat her in Birmingham 07, then Daniela played exceptionally well to crush Marion in Luxembourg that year, but, and I don't want to sound like I'm making excuses, but Marion's fitness was poor back then and she was clearly tired after her marathon vs Chakvetadze.No,your points are quite reasonable;there's no long history of Daniela dominating the current Marion.It's a winnable match,and Marion is gonna beat Dani and send the tearful beauty straight to my lap for consolation:p

Lighter
Aug 3rd, 2010, 08:54 AM
Marion on tuesday OoP : Night session

Stadium Court (from 11.00hrs)
1. Ana Ivanovic vs. Shahar Peer
2. Gisela Dulko vs. Coco Vandeweghe
3. Dominika Cibulkova vs. Vera Zvonareva
4. Yanina Wickmayer vs. Svetlana Kuznetsova
5. Daniela Hantuchova vs. Marion Bartoli (NB 19.00hrs)
6. Melanie Oudin vs. Jamie Hampton

BartoliBabes
Aug 3rd, 2010, 04:50 PM
i'd really love to watch this.... will it be streamed?

Marionated
Aug 3rd, 2010, 05:02 PM
Unfortunately I don't think there is a stream until Friday.

bruce goose
Aug 3rd, 2010, 06:48 PM
I actually don't dislike Rezai...but maybe PART of that is b/c I think she's pretty hot:lol:....Anyway,her first tourney as French #1 wasn't too auspicious:p.Let's see if our Corsican Queen can get it back.VAMOS,Marion!!!:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Alizé Molik
Aug 4th, 2010, 05:49 AM
sigh.

bruce goose
Aug 4th, 2010, 05:49 AM
Marion Bartoli: Swimsuit Model's Sparring Partner/Punching Bag :rolleyes:....Are you just trying to get your opposition overconfident for the USO,Marion?:o

Tennisking5
Aug 4th, 2010, 06:58 AM
i hate it when marion loses when its night time where i live. now i have to go to sleep with my last thoughts being her loss and a 3 set loss for that matter. errrr, ur game marion plays a big role i how my sleep time plays out haha better luck next time and i hope ur saving up big big big wins for the uso because i think your due for some :)

Marionated
Aug 4th, 2010, 08:07 AM
2 chokes in a row :)

If Marion was rankied higher I might have able to take a positive out of this and say "Well it's better to lose early here than in Cincinatti" ,but she's not seeded in Cincinatti so could face anyone in round 1 :o

Marionated
Aug 4th, 2010, 08:09 AM
We should make a Marion Bartoli comebacks and chokes thread.

bruce goose
Aug 4th, 2010, 12:35 PM
What makes this especially bad is that Dani isn't known for being particularly tough mentally on court...and,before any Dani fans complain,I absolutely adore her as a sweet,likable person......but it's embarrassing that Marion is owned by her:o

Marionated
Aug 4th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Btw, as well as having 3 match points, Marion had a break in the third and gave it back with two consecutive double faults :o

Marion might fall out of the top 20 for the first time since 2007? :tears:

It was an unfortunate draw though. Hantuchova is still capable of playing great tennis, whereas Melanie Oudin got to play Jaime Hampton, and Jie got to play Perry.

She really needs to start playing an few international events. I'm sure if she had played the tournament in Denmark she'd have reached the semis at least. She's not consistent enough to play just the bigger tournaments.

Steadyniacki
Aug 4th, 2010, 12:57 PM
:sobbing:

Praying for a good draw in cincinatti :sobbing:

bruce goose
Aug 4th, 2010, 06:09 PM
She really needs to start playing an few international events. I'm sure if she had played the tournament in Denmark she'd have reached the semis at least. She's not consistent enough to play just the bigger tournaments.^^ Therein lies a big problem....Lack of consistency....If she really wants to EARN more respect--instead of merely asking for it--then she'll focus on that,mentally

Chakvenus
Aug 5th, 2010, 01:30 AM
Marion - three match points???
she really should have won this.
oh well, nothing to do now but keep training hard and hope for a better draw in Cincy.

bruce goose
Aug 5th, 2010, 02:58 AM
Marion - three match points???
she really should have won this.
Yeah,what makes that worse is that DANI is the one whom you'd expect to blow that kind of lead.....I take some small consolation in that Marion lost to a sweet angel instead of the b---h who beat her in Stanford

Marionated
Aug 5th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Marion's playing the bell challenge in Canada: an indoor international event :woohoo:. She won their in 2006.

Marion and Rezai are the top seeds :inlove:

bruce goose
Aug 5th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Marion's playing the bell challenge in Canada: an indoor international event :woohoo:. She won their in 2006.

Marion and Rezai are the top seeds :inlove:Thanks for the update on Bell:hatoff:.....I remember how Marion destroyed the smokin--hot :drool:Olga Puchkova:drool: in the final.Unfortunately,we don't see much of Olga anymore b/c,apparently,she sucks!:lol:...but at least we'll catch her whenever she serves as some Russian hockey player's trophy gf:p....If no one here has ever seen it,check out how form fitting Marion's dress is in that match:hearts::lick:......Most importantly,of course,she WON IT ALL!!:cool:...since she's returning to Bell THIS year,Marion can come back to Mexico NEXT year to make up for how she didn't bother to defend her Monterrey title:(

Alizé Molik
Aug 6th, 2010, 02:56 AM
wow that's a big schedule change for Marion...I guess the plan to play no matches before the AO and then tank every match 60 in the third didn't work out well for her...

bruce goose
Aug 6th, 2010, 12:31 PM
wow that's a big schedule change for Marion...I guess the plan to play no matches before the AO and then tank every match 60 in the third didn't work out well for her...Tanking 6-0 in the third set wasn't part of the 'plan',I hope:lol:....We'll see if we can get any Marion reports from my friend while he's in Cincy

Ferg
Aug 6th, 2010, 05:24 PM
ummm just back from holidays and wants to know. THE FUCK. HAPPENED. wtf. srsly.

I hope to goddamn god this was a half tank in order to be for Cinci. But shes unseeded so Im not too hopeful... Please do a IWs/Miami on it.

Ferg
Aug 6th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Playing in Canada?! Thats a great decision, Im delighted. I want her to play more MMs, because Im very worried what will happen if she doesnt add to her points in the US with Tokyo, Beijing and Bali up soon.

bruce goose
Aug 6th, 2010, 06:05 PM
ummm just back from holidays and wants to know. THE FUCK. HAPPENED. wtf. srsly.

Yeah,it's not a nightmare....it only looks like one:o

Marionated
Aug 6th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Playing in Canada?! Thats a great decision, Im delighted. I want her to play more MMs, because Im very worried what will happen if she doesnt add to her points in the US with Tokyo, Beijing and Bali up soon.

Unless she withdraws. The field's not too bad. The only players to fear imo are Safarova and Rezai.

I'd love for her to play Linz too, as it's played indoors and is televised over here. She really needs as many points as possible at the moment.

Ferg
Aug 6th, 2010, 10:43 PM
I suppose it depends on how her result in NY is. Still, theres a weeks rest after so she should be ok...

Vee gone from Cinci. Looks like Marion wont be seeded if they go with the rankings, Nadia is ahead at #19 but they both have the same points...

bruce goose
Aug 6th, 2010, 11:38 PM
Unless she withdraws. The field's not too bad. The only players to fear imo are Safarova and Rezai.

I'd love for her to play Linz too, as it's played indoors and is televised over here. She really needs as many points as possible at the moment.Wow!! You actually get coverage of Linz??One of the downsides to macho latino culture is that women's sports get almost totally pissed on;we'll get stuck with reruns of U-17 wheelchair men's soccer between Montenegro and Latvia before we get any WTA:rolleyes:....That's why it was such a treat when Marion played Monterrey in 2009

Marionated
Aug 6th, 2010, 11:43 PM
Well we got great coverage of it last year ,so I assume we will this year :lol:

bruce goose
Aug 7th, 2010, 12:21 AM
Well we got great coverage of it last year ,so I assume we will this year :lol:You'd have been pleased to see how vigorously they cheered Marion here in Monterrey...maybe it was partly because she has the hips and 'pompis' that a Chica Latina typically has;).

I remember wanting to watch a QF match,of a TOP Premier tourney,between a couple elite women's players...but ESPN Deportes re-aired a 0-0 draw between soccer powerhouses Belgium and Albania that I'm sure was PLENTY boring the first time...and damned sure wasn't worth airing as a re-run.......just re-inforces how mindlessly some human rituals are followed(sigh........)

Ferg
Aug 7th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Waiting for the draw... Seems like Marion scraped a seeding at #16.

Ferg
Aug 7th, 2010, 07:50 PM
AMG R1, Domi/Alona R2, most likely Wozniacki R3. She should beat AMG easily, and possibly tricky R2, though if she does well she should win it. Wouldnt get my hopes up if she play Woz but Woz is bound to be very tired after coming through her Open, mostly in 3 setters and then having the added trouble of flying to a different continent the very next day. If she does all that then Radwanska/Sharapova in the quarters... Hope she gets the 125 R3 points at least, else I shall be very disappointed.

bruce goose
Aug 7th, 2010, 08:03 PM
AMG R1, Domi/Alona R2, most likely Wozniacki R3. She should beat AMG easily, and possibly tricky R2, though if she does well she should win it. Wouldnt get my hopes up if she play Woz but Woz is bound to be very tired after coming through her Open, mostly in 3 setters and then having the added trouble of flying to a different continent the very next day. If she does all that then Radwanska/Sharapova in the quarters... Hope she gets the 125 R3 points at least, else I shall be very disappointed.We can't expect a cakewalk draw at a Premier event and,if I read you correctly,we agree that this isn't the worst set-up for Marion to succeed...she has a decent shot here....Right now,the Ana fans are lamenting her 'bad luck' in drawing Vika...and virtually every one of them is ignoring what Ana did to let her ranking drop and get her in that position.

You mention the possibility of Marion's facing Big Masha...who's slated to play Kuzy in the 1st Round.If Sveta wins today and advances to the SD Final,I wonder if she'll forsake Cincinnati....I'd enjoy seeing a Marion/Masha matchup,actually

Marionated
Aug 7th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Not a bad draw at all. She should beat Medina easily. The Madrid result means nothing.

I am a bit wary about R2.

bruce goose
Aug 7th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Not a bad draw at all. She should beat Medina easily. The Madrid result means nothing.

I am a bit wary about R2.Well,this is Marion we're talking about...as my wayward Scottish gf Alice('Super M')used to say here: She's mercurial

Ferg
Aug 8th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Marion is gonna dop out of the top 20 for the first time in over 3 years on Monday. :tears:

bruce goose
Aug 8th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Marion is gonna dop out of the top 20 for the first time in over 3 years on Monday. :tears:If it's any consolation,my fellow Dinara fans are looking at the prospect of her ranking dropping down with Ana's after Cincy is over...so at least it's not THAT bleak for Marion:angel:

Marionated
Aug 8th, 2010, 06:23 PM
She'll be at 20 :confused: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=402496

Ferg
Aug 8th, 2010, 06:34 PM
Whoops, didnt realise Nadia was to lose points. :sobbing: Safe for another week at least.

Marionated
Aug 8th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Well it shouldn't come as a suprise really:
.Didn't enter Brisbane
.Tanked in Australia when she could have, imo, easily defended her QF points
.Didn't enter Monterrey
.Didn't defend Stuttgart QF points or Charelston SF points
.Lost in the QF of Stanford

The only tournaments she gained a good amount of points this year were Indian Wells and Miami.

But I'm confident she'll do well this week and get that ranking back up :bounce:

bruce goose
Aug 8th, 2010, 07:26 PM
I'm not complaining,but I think you guys are just slightly over-reacting to the importance of this....In ANA'S case,she's now stuck with playing seeded players in the 1st Round b/c her ranking has dropped so far...plus tourney organizers know that she'll probably lose her first match,so they'll match her against top players in order to maximize the gate revenue for her extremely-brief stays at the tourney.....Marion isn't to the point,IMO,where her ranking will cause her consequences like THOSE

Marionated
Aug 9th, 2010, 12:52 AM
3rd on centre court.

Ferg
Aug 9th, 2010, 12:58 AM
Looking forward to tomorrow, several of my favourites playing, all with good chances to win. Marion should take this comfortably.

bruce goose
Aug 9th, 2010, 01:15 AM
Looking forward to tomorrow, several of my favourites playing, all with good chances to win. Marion should take this comfortably.Yeah,they're not playing on clay this time

Ferg
Aug 9th, 2010, 06:27 PM
If Marion wins shes French #1 again. I knew Rezai wouldnt last long with people expecting her to win every week.

bruce goose
Aug 9th, 2010, 08:18 PM
If Marion wins shes French #1 again. I knew Rezai wouldnt last long with people expecting her to win every week.Can't wait to see the next Fed Cup decisions for FFT:lol:

Ferg
Aug 9th, 2010, 09:36 PM
6-4 6-0, first set was tough but 2nd was too easy. Takes back French #1. R2 against Bondarenko.... hrm :scared: I remain somewhat confident that she can get revenge for last year's Canadian fiasco.

Drine
Aug 9th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Easy and convincing R1 win. Way to go Marion http://www.vvdrienerlo.nl/smileys/thumbup.gif

bruce goose
Aug 9th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Looking back at the stat sheet,I was very surprised to see SEVEN aces and zero breaks of serve against Marion....She faced five break points overall but I don't know how they were distributed throughout the match....Let's see how she serves vs. Allie B.

Ferg
Aug 9th, 2010, 10:38 PM
Looking back at the stat sheet,I was very surprised to see SEVEN aces and zero breaks of serve against Marion....She faced five break points overall but I don't know how they were distributed throughout the match....Let's see how she serves vs. Allie B.

4 of them were in the 2nd game of the match when AMG had 0-40, and another one after deuce.

bruce goose
Aug 9th, 2010, 10:43 PM
4 of them were in the 2nd game of the match when AMG had 0-40, and another one after deuce.Thanks a lot,Ferg:hatoff:;I had a hunch that it was probably like that

Ferg
Aug 9th, 2010, 10:56 PM
Marion 2nd on court 3 tomorrow. I find it a bit odd shes playing tomorrow but Im happy, because Alona had a long match today and the winner (hopefully Marion....) will have a days rest before playing most likely Wozniacki, who is likely to be tired after Copenhagen already.

bruce goose
Aug 9th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Marion 2nd on court 3 tomorrow. I find it a bit odd shes playing tomorrow but Im happy, because Alona had a long match today and the winner (hopefully Marion....) will have a days rest before playing most likely Wozniacki, who is likely to be tired after Copenhagen already.Don't worry,Ferg;I'll have a passionate kissing marathon with Caro the night before.....in order to wear her out for Marion:angel:

Bartoli's Boy
Aug 10th, 2010, 04:40 AM
Marion never stopped being my French #1 :p I have my own ranking system.

bruce goose
Aug 10th, 2010, 05:08 AM
Marion never stopped being my French #1 :p I have my own ranking system.As far as AYE can tell,Marion has the #1-ranked 'pompis':lick: of all French players

Steadyniacki
Aug 10th, 2010, 05:38 AM
Marion was always french number 1 :rolleyes:
But neither have much to defend till bali

On a more important note YAY!!! :cheer:

Marionated
Aug 10th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Nice and easy.

A.Bond should be much tougher though.

Marionated
Aug 10th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Court 3 (from 11.00hrs)
1. Sybille Bammer vs. Sorana Cirstea
2. Marion Bartoli vs. Alona Bondarenko (NB 12.30hrs)
3. Gisela Dulko vs. Lucie Safarova
4. Medina Garrigues/Yan vs. Bondarenko/Bondarenko

Ferg
Aug 10th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Marion was always french number 1 :rolleyes:
But neither have much to defend till bali

On a more important note YAY!!! :cheer:

Tokyo and Beijing. :tears: Thats like 650 points.

Ferg
Aug 10th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Marion on her loss to Alona last year "I completely messed up that match" :happy:

Steadyniacki
Aug 10th, 2010, 11:55 AM
:rolls:
650 she can do it!
Cake-walk at us open please

bruce goose
Aug 10th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Marion on her loss to Alona last year "I completely messed up that match" :happy::lol:She MUST've been speaking English with that comment(as opposed to that being a translation).....Marion:kiss:

Ferg
Aug 10th, 2010, 07:20 PM
7-6 6-1. Very tough first set again, easy 2nd. She was within two points of losing the first, *5-6 15-30, but won that point and aced a 2nd serve at 30-30. Easy 2nd like I said.

8 aces, 8 DFs, thats 15 aces now in her two matches here and has given up 1 break and 6 BPs, she must be serving very aggresively.

A nice day off now to watch and planfor Wozniacki (most likely though I wouldnt mind Woz losing to Bammer!!)

bruce goose
Aug 10th, 2010, 08:19 PM
7-6 6-1. Very tough first set again, easy 2nd. She was within two points of losing the first, *5-6 15-30, but won that point and aced a 2nd serve at 30-30. Easy 2nd like I said.

8 aces, 8 DFs, thats 15 aces now in her two matches here and has given up 1 break and 6 BPs, she must be serving very aggresively.

A nice day off now to watch and planfor Wozniacki (most likely though I wouldnt mind Woz losing to Bammer!!)Am hoping that the livestreams will be up and ready by the time she plays Caro.....unless,of course,Bammer surprises us....Marion broke through on CLAY,of all surfaces,when she ended her oh-fer vs. Caro last year

Marionated
Aug 10th, 2010, 10:44 PM
Good win :dance:

I expect she'll play Wozniacki next.

bruce goose
Aug 10th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Good win :dance:

I expect she'll play Wozniacki next.Yeah,Bammer has been pretty iffy this year....Unless Caro is overly worn out from last week(unlikely),she'll probably advance to play Marion

Ferg
Aug 10th, 2010, 11:10 PM
I hope they engage in a 4 hour slugfest in the 30C heat and then the winner is scheduled the next morning :hearts:

Steadyniacki
Aug 10th, 2010, 11:25 PM
aceGOAT :bowdown:

bruce goose
Aug 11th, 2010, 12:05 AM
I hope they engage in a 4 hour slugfest in the 30C heat and then the winner is scheduled the next morning :hearts::lol:Bammer has hardly played this year....I'd guess that TWO hours was almost her max:p

Ferg
Aug 11th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Lets hope with all the rain delays, Wozniacki-Bammer gets put back to tomorrow. :angel:

bruce goose
Aug 11th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Lets hope with all the rain delays, Wozniacki-Bammer gets put back to tomorrow. :angel:Sorry,I disagree....I hate these f--king rain delays....It's not as if Marion were facing some major mismatch;she can handle either of her potential opponents....If God wants to water the Earth then,well,it's hard for me to sit here and pick a fight with Him....but I'd rather get this show going than wait around as if we were at some U.S. version of rainy Wimble-dumb

Ferg
Aug 11th, 2010, 10:05 PM
You're so fair Bruce. :lol: Its a bad trait of mine that I often hope for misfortune such as this on Marions opponentns.

bruce goose
Aug 11th, 2010, 10:26 PM
You're so fair Bruce. :lol: Its a bad trait of mine that I often hope for misfortune such as this on Marions opponentns.Well,at least your loyalty's in the right place:lol:....I guess I describe to the warrior's athletic code.....Back in 1985,there was a fierce rivalry between the Redskins and Giants....as is often the case.Both teams were Super Bowl contenders and,during a featured prime-time game,eventual Hall of Fame linebacker Lawrence Taylor,one of the most ferocious defensive players in the game,swooped in and sacked Joe Theismann,accidentally twisting his leg such that the bone broke and was practically jutting out of Theismann's skin.Taylor reacted with shock amd urgently summoned the medics on to the field to aid his opponent once the play had been blown dead;one warrior's respect for another

In re tennis,you might recall my insulting...yet accurate:p....posts about Azarenka following Marion's choke.Despite my dislike for Vika,I want Marion to BEAT her....Don't wanna see some loser scumbag stab her in the back so that Marion can win by default.I'm not saying that you'd ever endorse such treachery;just offering a crystal clear example of where I stand:hatoff:

Marionated
Aug 12th, 2010, 10:08 AM
The match is going to be on Eurosport and my dad doesn't have it on his television :bigcry:

My grandad accidently broke my laptop, so that's going to take weeks to repair :o

I'm using a computer at my friend's house at the moment.

I'm so unlucky.

Please don't lose to Wozniacki, Marion.

Ferg
Aug 12th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Ill probably miss it. :tears: I hope not.

Marionated
Aug 12th, 2010, 10:53 AM
I really want to watch it. I could pay my own sky bill, but that would cost me over 100 pounds (it's not that I can't afford it but I really want to save up) and it can take up to 24 hours to be put back on so I could still miss it anyway.

:hysteric:

bruce goose
Aug 12th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Ill probably miss it. :tears: I hope not.One thing's for sure;Caro's not gonna be too worn out after the feeble opposition that Bammer put up yesterday:lol:.....but I still believe that we may see Marion's second straight win:cool: over the queen of Denamrk

Steadyniacki
Aug 12th, 2010, 01:36 PM
I am really wanting to watch it :D
Provide i dont accidentally fall asleep first it starts at 2am :o
School gonna be death :help:

BartoliBabes
Aug 12th, 2010, 03:21 PM
i feel good about this match...

Ferg
Aug 12th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Just back, I thought she was on first?! Whatever, Im gonna watch Soddy now.

bruce goose
Aug 12th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Good start for Marion!!:cool:.....Now she has to finish stronger than she did vs. Caro's occasional buddy in Stanford

Ferg
Aug 12th, 2010, 06:38 PM
YES! Will talk more about it but have to eat now.

Ferg
Aug 12th, 2010, 07:05 PM
She always looked the better player but I was nervous after she gave the break up after having GPs. Then she went on the tear, playing so well and steady, and while Caro was kina bad its still a win. 3 aces in her final service game, 8 overall. Magnificent serving today.

bruce goose
Aug 12th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Very pleased with Marion's win,but her next opponent will be either Big Masha(0-3) or Aga(0-5)...with virtually all of those losses having been non-competitive:o.My first choice would be another match with Aga;if she can break through,finally,then she should reach the Finals

BartoliBabes
Aug 12th, 2010, 07:13 PM
i kinda expected Marion to win... i'm very happy and hope she plays Masha next (i think she'd have a better chance than vs Aga) great serving :inlove:

Ferg
Aug 12th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Im very mixed about the possible opponents. I think she would be more confident to play Maria, but if she'd ever beat Aga its here, on a fast hardcourt with Aga surly very tired by now if she won.

Marionated
Aug 12th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Fill me in guys.

How was the match? It seems like Marion played great.
Did they have their usual friendly handshake.

bruce goose
Aug 12th, 2010, 07:24 PM
You guys are entitled to your opinions....I just can't figure out your logic: Why in the HELL would Marion be more confident playing Masha??All three losses have been blowouts,including an annihilation in the Birmingham semis right before Marion's big Wimbledon 2007 run.Aga is sort of a pusher,so she can't knock Marion off the court and,if Marion is patient,she can overpower Aga with well-placed shots....It doesn't really matter terribly since we'll cheer for Marion regardless....I just don't see much logic in those comments

Ferg
Aug 12th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Fill me in guys.

How was the match? It seems like Marion played great.
Did they have there usual friendly handshake.

Marion was playing well. Didnt see the end of match stats but she was 14-6 in the first set. I think last week caught up with Caro, she looked a bit slow. But Marion still played very steady, her serving was unbelievable, 8 more aces plus 3 in the last game, 2 to finish it from 30-15. Marion targeted her forehand very well, made good choices and always looked confident. She got broken at 3-3 after having 3 GPs with a bad game, she went 0-40 up immediatly and broke on the last chance when she challenged a call a bit late. She won the game, but Caro got pissed and went to argue with Lynn Welch. Marion held easy, then went 15-40 for two set points. She missed them, and had to save 2 GPs and took the set on her third try. Went on the tear in the 2nd like her past matches here, quickly went up 5-0 playing great, had a MP at 5-0 but Caro saved it well. Still, no bother since like I said earlier Marion served 3 aces in the last game.

Marionated
Aug 12th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Thanks for that.

So Caro got upset :lol: So was the handshake ok?

Ferg
Aug 12th, 2010, 07:26 PM
You guys are entitled to your opinions....I just can't figure out your logic: Why in the HELL would Marion be more confident playing Masha??All three losses have been blowouts,including an annihilation in the Birmingham semis right before Marion's big Wimbledon 2007 run.Aga is sort of a pusher,so she can't knock Marion off the court and,if Marion is patient,she can overpower Aga with well-placed shots....It doesn't really matter terribly since we'll cheer for Marion regardless....I just don't see much logic in those comments

Because that was pre op Maria. Her serve is very shaky, Andy gave her 2nd serve an awful time in their match, plus Maria has been throwing in very bad sets here and there. I think she'd like the challenge of trying to take down one of the biggest names in tennis in a big tournament in her favourite country.

Ferg
Aug 12th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Thanks for that.

So Caro got upset :lol: So was the handshake ok?

No kiss but they sorta smiled at each other.

Marionated
Aug 12th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Hopefully Sexysova will upload the match.

bruce goose
Aug 12th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Did they have their usual friendly handshake.Could you briefly fill me in on the history there(?);I'm ignorant on that subject

Marionated
Aug 12th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Could you briefly fill me in on the history there(?);I'm ignorant on that subject

Well I remember they had a nice handshake once. I can't remember where I saw it now.

And Marion listed Wozniacki as one of her friends in her Australian open 2009 blog.

Marion isn't as disliked by other players as some posters like to believe.

bruce goose
Aug 12th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Because that was pre op Maria. Her serve is very shaky, Andy gave her 2nd serve an awful time in their match, plus Maria has been throwing in very bad sets here and there. I think she'd like the challenge of trying to take down one of the biggest names in tennis in a big tournament in her favourite country.Sorry,that sounds REALLY weak to me.....In the end,it doesn't matter cuz we'll cheer for Marion regardless,like I said

bruce goose
Aug 12th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Well I remember they had a nice handshake once. I can't remember where I saw it now.

And Marion listed Wozniacki as one of her friends in her Australian open 2009 blog.

Marion isn't as disliked by other players as some posters like to believe.My bad.....thought you were being facetious earlier...that there'd been some negative history between them.....I missed that one by a mile:lol:

Marionated
Aug 12th, 2010, 07:35 PM
I would actually prefer for her to play Radwanska. She's fitter than she was in their previous encounters and is serving extremley well here.

But Radwanska is Sharapova's bitch so...

bruce goose
Aug 12th, 2010, 09:55 PM
I would actually prefer for her to play Radwanska. She's fitter than she was in their previous encounters and is serving extremley well here.

But Radwanska is Sharapova's bitch so...Masha just dusted off Aga 6-2,6-3...and it looked pretty easy.She was broken in her first service game....and no more for the rest of the match.I disagree with Ferg about a lot of these so-called 'close matches' that Masha has;I'd say that she coasts a bit sometimes while conserving her energy...even Henin and Serena do that a bit,losing sets yet NOT a lot of matches to lesser opponents.If anything,I'd say the arduous comeback from her injury made her even mentally tougher than she was before....Her former embarrassment surface,clay,has become MUCh better...as witnessed by her near-defeat of Henin at RG...and she even pushed Serena heavily at Wimbledon...this despite the fact that,by Serena's own admission,she was serving at a ridiculously-high standard that even SHE rarely achieves.....Is Marion capable of beating Masha??YES...IF she is locked in....Is she saying to herself,":woohoo:Masha beat Aga,easy win for me coming up!:D".....I seriously doubt that

Bartoli's Boy
Aug 12th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Come on!!! :worship:

Gutted that I couldn't see the match though. I hope that somebody will have the video.

P.S.
Because that was pre op Maria. Her serve is very shaky, Andy gave her 2nd serve an awful time in their match, plus Maria has been throwing in very bad sets here and there. I think she'd like the challenge of trying to take down one of the biggest names in tennis in a big tournament in her favourite country.

Just what exactly are you trying to say? :p She just has those naturally broad shoulders.

(sorry, couldn't help it!)

Steadyniacki
Aug 12th, 2010, 10:49 PM
I missed it too :tears:

BUT yesssss!

Ferg
Aug 13th, 2010, 04:01 AM
The only thing I am hoping for is that Maria puts in a really bad performance tomorrow.

Alizé Molik
Aug 13th, 2010, 04:01 AM
Masha is absolutely a better match up for Marion then Aga! Sharapova will make some mistakes, where as Aga has the perfect game plan against Marion (which the latter has never seemed to figure out) and she just gets the ball back endlessly and waits for the inevitable mistake.

I'm very happy with this win BTW :D she could be top 15 again by USO!!

bruce goose
Aug 13th, 2010, 05:34 AM
Masha is absolutely a better match up for Marion then Aga! Sharapova will make some mistakes, where as Aga has the perfect game plan against Marion (which the latter has never seemed to figure out) and she just gets the ball back endlessly and waits for the inevitable mistake.

I'm very happy with this win BTW :D she could be top 15 again by USO!!Sorry,I think that's a crock of shit!!....Masha's such a 'great matchup' for Marion that she's completely destroyed our girl all three times they've met.The big difference is that Aga is an above-average talent who'd be completely beatable if Marion approached the matches with better strategy and attitude...whereas Masha is a seasoned,tough,3-time slam champion who'd have even MORe were it not for some of the game's all-time greats.Marion could play her best tennis and STILL lose to Masha if the Russian were on top of her game that day...that's evidenced by the 2007 Birmingham ass-whupping when Marion was at her grass-court peak......Just so we're clear,I'll be QUITE happy to absorb mockery and laughter from all of you if our Corsican Queen wins tomorrow:angel:

Ferg
Aug 13th, 2010, 01:52 PM
No seeding for Montreal :scared: I hope she gets an easy seed and steals her path.

Steadyniacki
Aug 13th, 2010, 01:53 PM
someone withdraw from montreal please :unsure:

KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN for tommorow :cheer:
Marion :armed:

Marionated
Aug 13th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Just watching it now.

The return winner in the second set 3-0* 15-15 :drool:

Steadyniacki
Aug 13th, 2010, 02:26 PM
i wanna watch sobbing

Marionated
Aug 13th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Sexysova has put it in the videos thread.

Steadyniacki
Aug 13th, 2010, 02:35 PM
oh really cheers

Ferg
Aug 13th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Montreal draw out, VERY favourable for Marion considering shes unseeded. R1: vs. a qualifier, Schiavone in R2. R3 against Maria/Petkovic/Safina/Safarova. Wozniacki and Pennetta on the other side.

If Maria beats Marion tonight I hope she wins Cinci so that maybe she pulls out of Montreal :hearts:

Marionated
Aug 13th, 2010, 07:34 PM
What's the betting that Fran will start playing well again? :lol:

Ferg
Aug 13th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Oh gawd she better not :sobbing:

Marionated
Aug 13th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Unrelated question: Does your live stream keep freezing?

Marionated
Aug 13th, 2010, 07:40 PM
I'm asking because I probably won't bother staying up for Marion's match if they're going to continue like this. Bet 365 is good but is not showing any tennis from Cincinatti.

Ferg
Aug 13th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Yeah, it just freezed there but Im not that interested in the match anyway so I just got rid of it. I suppose we'll get a better idea later on...

Marionated
Aug 13th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Thanks for letting me know. It was fine during the first set of Radwanska-Sharapova yesterday. Since then :help:

bruce goose
Aug 13th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Let's see what Marion does TONITE before making any bold predictions for Montreal....I'm not gonna gloat at all if she gets creamed...cuz I won't get ANY pleasure out of being right....I'd rather see her prove me DEAD wrong......VAMOS,Marion!!!:bounce:

Ferg
Aug 13th, 2010, 08:13 PM
I dont think any of us are expecting her to win Bruce, we just preferred her to play Maria instead of Aga :lol:

bruce goose
Aug 13th, 2010, 08:33 PM
I dont think any of us are expecting her to win Bruce, we just preferred her to play Maria instead of Aga :lol:Well,I think she IS capable of winning and,given Marion's history at big events,it wouldn't be a 'HUGE' upset....I just think it's stupid to prefer a 3-time Slam champion over a pusher who's much easier to beat....We'll find out what a good match-up Maria is....or ISN'T...for Marion tonight....One bright spot is that she's gotten protective of her health since her former douchebag medical advisors misdiagnosed her shoulder...so,if she wins Cincy,she may skip Montreal and REALLY open up Marion's draw

Ferg
Aug 13th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Vee pulls out...Marion wont get her place in the draw will she?! That one has Peer. :scared:

Ferg
Aug 13th, 2010, 10:10 PM
The stream wasnt stopping for me during Clijsters-Pennetta.

Ferg
Aug 13th, 2010, 10:59 PM
Heres the new, better imo, draw http://www.couperogers.com/women/pdf/SMD_aug_13_10_revised.pdf

Tetrault R1, Nadia/Qualifier R2, JJ R3. Im not too sure about Nadia but I think Marion has a great chance at another QF here.

bruce goose
Aug 13th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Heres the new, better imo, draw http://www.couperogers.com/women/pdf/SMD_aug_13_10_revised.pdf

Tetrault R1, Nadia/Qualifier R2, JJ R3. Im not too sure about Nadia but I think Marion has a great chance at another QF here.Couldn't agree more---a MUCH better draw:cool:

Ferg
Aug 14th, 2010, 01:13 AM
Ouch! First set she was shit, 2nd set Maria was too good. Srving was unbelievable.

Now go tomorrow and prepare for a massive run in Montreal babe :cheer: With that gorgeous draw you can get QF easy peasy!