PDA

View Full Version : US Hardcourt Season

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Ferg
Aug 14th, 2010, 01:30 AM
I jinxed Maria's good serving. :sobbing:

Ferg
Aug 14th, 2010, 01:38 AM
That lastd 20 minutes more than I thought it would... :lol: Marion should take a bit of solace from the last few games.

REALLY looking foward to Montreal now! :bounce:

Ferg
Aug 14th, 2010, 01:40 AM
Nice exchange at the end too.

Singleniacki
Aug 14th, 2010, 01:53 AM
Yah Maria was just too good today.

Mission: 1000 points
To defend: 470 + 60 + 100 = 630

So Far (3/6 events)
120 + 225 + 0 = 345

With deep runs in Us open and montreal she can make this goal!

atominside
Aug 14th, 2010, 02:00 AM
Masha is absolutely a better match up for Marion then Aga! Sharapova will make some mistakes, where as Aga has the perfect game plan against Marion (which the latter has never seemed to figure out) and she just gets the ball back endlessly and waits for the inevitable mistake.
I'm very happy with this win BTW :D she could be top 15 again by USO!!

:worship::lol:

Alizé Molik
Aug 14th, 2010, 03:08 AM
bruce goose said shit to me everyone, I'm not sure how I feel about that.

bruce goose
Aug 14th, 2010, 05:37 AM
bruce goose said shit to me everyone, I'm not sure how I feel about that.Don't take it personally:lol:;at least you can trust me to not blow smoke up your ass while pretending to be Mr.Nice Guy.Tbh,I'd be gung ho about kicking Big Masha's ass if she had offended Marion or screwed her over like Mauresmo did a few times...judging by reports of the post-match handshake,no such enmity exists between our Queen and the Russian....It just seemed to me that people were contriving reasons for why Masha supposedly wasn't very good--perhaps due to personal dislike for her--and I just won't go there when it comes to realistic appraisals.E.g.: I don't like Henin at all but,even if she's in a slight slump,you won't catch me saying,"Hey,bring on Justine instead of Cibulkova!:D"....

Anyhow,it sucks that Marion lost,but she made a brave comeback in the end;who knows what would've happened if she'd gotten the tenth game to Deuce with one more point??....Now Marion gets to speak French for a whole week,so let's see if that puts her in a good mood:p

Marionated
Aug 14th, 2010, 11:09 AM
I didn't watch the match, but it sounds like Maria played very well. Marion was down a 6-1 5-2 so I'm guessing her serve wasn't like it was in the previous rounds? She exceeded my expectations here so I can't complain.

How lucky is Marion at the moment? First Sam and Venus withdraw from Cincinatti, then Venus withdraws from Montreal.
Hoping for a 3rd round clash with JJ.

Ferg
Aug 14th, 2010, 11:39 AM
:worship::lol:

who the fuck you?!

Ferg
Aug 14th, 2010, 11:40 AM
I didn't watch the match, but it sounds like Maria played very well. Marion was down a 6-1 5-2 so I'm guessing her serve wasn't like it was in the previous rounds? She exceeded my expectations here so I can't complain.

How lucky is Marion at the moment? First Sam and Venus withdraw from Cincinatti, then Venus withdraws from Montreal.
Hoping for a 3rd round clash with JJ.

She tried to be too offensive and made quite a few DFs, including 3 in the 2nd game of the match when she was broken to 30. If she had held there things mightve been a bit different score wise.

Marionated
Aug 14th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Probably a Sharapova fan.

Yeah I was looking at the stats: 1 ace to 6 doubles. She talked about her serve being off in her post match interview.

Ferg
Aug 14th, 2010, 12:05 PM
It was just like the match against Vee. She tried to go for too much on it.

Marionated
Aug 14th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Marion's serve is probably the most inconsistent on the tour.

With Justine's withdrawal, it looks like Marion will just scrape through as the 16th seed in New York.

bruce goose
Aug 14th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Marion didn't seem intimidated by the boisterous American crowds when she played Davenport in 2008,and that can be a big help...the great Bjorn Borg never won the USO and Nadal has never come close to winning either....I speculate that all the moving around in the stands...plus the much-lesser support for a European male player...might throw off their timing and rhythm a bit....Anyway,we can thank Justine for the early Christmas gift of Marion's more favorable seeding

Ferg
Aug 14th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Do seeds 13-16 play seeds 17-20 in R3 usually?

bruce goose
Aug 14th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Do seeds 13-16 play seeds 17-20 in R3 usually?Sorry,I'm not sure how that works:o

Ferg
Aug 14th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Marion said she wasnt feeling great and maybe it was the effect of spending so many days in that temperature. Anybody know what Montreal conditions are like this time of year? :p

Marionated
Aug 14th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Marion said she wasnt feeling great and maybe it was the effect of spending so many days in that temperature. Anybody know what Montreal conditions are like this time of year? :p

No idea, but she has done well in Montreal in the past, so I don't think we should be too worried. Her first round match should be as good as a bye really.

Ferg
Aug 14th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Pretty much. After having a look at her H2H with Petrova too im not so worried. 2-1, with all matches played when Nadia was either #12 or top 10, while Marion was outside the top 20. Both fortunes have changed since then.

Marionated
Aug 14th, 2010, 07:03 PM
From her interview after the Wozniacki win

Q. How do you feel about playing the
winner of the Sharapova/Radwanska match?
MARION BARTOLI: You're a very young
journalist. First of all, I want to enjoy this victory. I
will think about my next opponent when I will know
the name of it.For sure it's gonna be a huge challenge. I
never beat either one, either Maria or Agnieszka,
so I'm really looking forward for tomorrow's match.

What are your expectations, or have
you thought about expectations going into the
US Open?
MARION BARTOLI: Well, you know, last
year I had some great expectations before the
draw came out. When I saw Kim Clijsters in the
second round, I was like, Thanks. Two times in
one month, it's great. (Laughter.)
So I guess I'm the baddest little girl you
can ever imagine. I think if I can carry on with the
same mentality on the court, the same focus, I will
be able to do well. But, again, I need to take care
about the business on the court and stay focused
and not thinking too far ahead.
So I have tomorrow's match to think first; I
will think about the US Open later on.

:spit:

bruce goose
Aug 14th, 2010, 07:06 PM
From her interview after the Wozniacki win

Q. How do you feel about playing the
winner of the Sharapova/Radwanska match?
MARION BARTOLI: You're a very young
journalist. First of all, I want to enjoy this victory. I
will think about my next opponent when I will know
the name of it.For sure it's gonna be a huge challenge. I
never beat either one, either Maria or Agnieszka,
so I'm really looking forward for tomorrow's match.

What are your expectations, or have
you thought about expectations going into the
US Open?
MARION BARTOLI: Well, you know, last
year I had some great expectations before the
draw came out. When I saw Kim Clijsters in the
second round, I was like, Thanks. Two times in
one month, it's great. (Laughter.)
So I guess I'm the baddest little girl you
can ever imagine. I think if I can carry on with the
same mentality on the court, the same focus, I will
be able to do well. But, again, I need to take care
about the business on the court and stay focused
and not thinking too far ahead.
So I have tomorrow's match to think first; I
will think about the US Open later on.

:spit::lol:awesome responses:worship:

Ferg
Aug 14th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Marion wtf :rolls:

bruce goose
Aug 15th, 2010, 05:04 PM
With a name like Tetreault,my guess is that Marion's opponent is Quebecois...or at least has some roots in that culture....If she gets annoyed with any of Marion's on-court tactics,then we could,conceivably,see Marion get into a catfight while cursing in French:devil:......probably not too likely,though:angel::lol:

Ferg
Aug 16th, 2010, 01:24 AM
Marion playing on Tuesday.

bruce goose
Aug 16th, 2010, 02:11 AM
Marion playing on Tuesday.
So many years since high-school French.....How do we say that?...."Marion joue le marti"?:p

Ferg
Aug 17th, 2010, 05:36 AM
3rd on CC!! Tough conditions apparently, she should be able to deal with them.

Ferg
Aug 17th, 2010, 05:41 AM
Oh! And Petrova moved to Sharapova's place in the draw so if Marion wins this match she will play the winner of Niculescu and Kimiko.

Singleniacki
Aug 17th, 2010, 06:45 AM
frankly with her draw and i know im setting high expectations, i will be disappointed with anything less than the semi :shrug:

bruce goose
Aug 17th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Oh! And Petrova moved to Sharapova's place in the draw so if Marion wins this match she will play the winner of Niculescu and Kimiko.Yeah,KDK is a scrappy player,but Marion SHOULD be able to beat her if she gets past juggernaut Tetreault

Ferg
Aug 17th, 2010, 01:22 PM
frankly with her draw and i know im setting high expectations, i will be disappointed with anything less than the semi :shrug:

But... she could have Vika in the QF.

Marionated
Aug 17th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Just take it one match at a time :p

Ferg
Aug 17th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Thunderstorm forecast in 3 hours and Sveta is fucking around on court. :(

bruce goose
Aug 17th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Thunderstorm forecast in 3 hours and Sveta is fucking around on court. :(Well,at least they have lights for night play.....Marion shouldn't need an overly long dry spell to dispatch Tetreault

Lighter
Aug 17th, 2010, 06:37 PM
So many years since high-school French.....How do we say that?...."Marion joue le marti"?:p".....joue les martyrs".

Marion will play Quebec city after USO.

bruce goose
Aug 17th, 2010, 07:11 PM
".....joue les martyrs".

Marion will play Quebec city after USO.I thought they were spelled,'lundi,mardi,mercredi,jeudi.." etc.----a martyr,even in French,is someone who dies for a cause,isn't it??......EDIT:I'm thankful that Marion won't have to be a martyr at RC,even if she doesn't win the title

Ferg
Aug 17th, 2010, 09:43 PM
6-1 6-0, easy peasy and she played very well in very difficult conditions.

Lighter
Aug 17th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Next : KDK

bruce goose
Aug 17th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Seems like boredom was Marion's most dangerous opponent in that match:lol:....KDK should be more challenging but,then again.it'd be unrealistic to expect TWO cupcake matches to start a tourney...it'll be interesting to see how potential foe JJ fares tonight.Benesova is a two-time champion on the Tour and has beaten JJ once before...so I wouldn't call the result etched in stone,by any means

Ferg
Aug 18th, 2010, 01:50 AM
JJ out. I must admit, Im a bit disappointed, Marion would have crushed he playing like that. But she must make the QF now, and lets hope someone takes Vika out.

bruce goose
Aug 18th, 2010, 02:11 AM
JJ out. I must admit, Im a bit disappointed, Marion would have crushed he playing like that. But she must make the QF now, and lets hope someone takes Vika out.There you go again with your fixation that Marion play the superior,more-talented player:lol:.....but THIS time I agree with you:hatoff:;JJ would've been roadkill for Marion if she had somehow gotten past Benesova.....Honestly,though,my dislike for puta racha Vika makes me hope that Marion can break her oh-fer in that H2H.... only when she's ready,of course:p

Singleniacki
Aug 18th, 2010, 02:49 AM
Allez!!!
Nice win :cheer:
If she doesnt make the quarters now :o

bruce goose
Aug 18th, 2010, 04:06 AM
We already have a special USO thread almost 2 weeks early;Marion contagiously causes impatience amongst her fans:lol:

Marionated
Aug 18th, 2010, 09:16 AM
JJ out. I must admit, Im a bit disappointed, Marion would have crushed he playing like that. But she must make the QF now, and lets hope someone takes Vika out.

Well Li is 2-0 vs Azarenka.

Kimiko next. I know Marion won 6-1 6-3 in Bali, but didn't Kimiko hit more than twice as many winners?

Singleniacki
Aug 18th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Bruce :rolls:
It's only 1 and a half weeks away soo close :eek:

Ferg
Aug 18th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Marion 2nd on COURT 5 :weirdo:

Singleniacki
Aug 18th, 2010, 01:11 PM
ikr weird schedule :o

bruce goose
Aug 18th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Well Li is 2-0 vs Azarenka.

Kimiko next. I know Marion won 6-1 6-3 in Bali, but didn't Kimiko hit more than twice as many winners?But it proves that Marion is MORE than capable of beating a smart player who gets lots of balls back....It's just a matter of her head being in the right place

Ferg
Aug 18th, 2010, 07:30 PM
W/O

Im a bit concerned for Kimiko, hope its just the after effects of such a long match yesterday.

bruce goose
Aug 18th, 2010, 07:45 PM
W/O

Im a bit concerned for Kimiko, hope its just the after effects of such a long match yesterday.You'll have to pardon me cuz I'm an ignorant Mexican,but does "W/O" stand for 'walkover'??I assume from the context of your words that KDK withdrew....and,yeah,she seems like a really nice gal

Lighter
Aug 18th, 2010, 07:45 PM
After Martic in Wimby, KDK in Montreal.

Now lefty Iveta Benesova....

Ferg
Aug 18th, 2010, 07:46 PM
You'll have to pardon me cuz I'm an ignorant Mexican,but does "W/O" stand for 'walkover'??I assume from the context of your words that KDK withdrew....and,yeah,she seems like a really nice gal

Yep, thigh problem it seems. And it must be bad because Kimiko isnt one to throw in the towel easy, as we have seen at the French Open against Safina.

Ferg
Aug 18th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Marion gets like $20000 for 13 games on court :lol:

Lighter
Aug 18th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Source here : http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/page/Scores/0,,12781,00.html

Lighter
Aug 18th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Marion gets like $20000 for 13 games on court :lol:And only one lost.......Benesova is Safarova's clone. With this girl, everything is possible.

bruce goose
Aug 18th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Source here : http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/page/Scores/0,,12781,00.htmlYou guys are hard-core tennis fans....I believed you already:lol:

Ferg
Aug 19th, 2010, 02:13 AM
Marion 1st on Court 2 tomorrow.

Singleniacki
Aug 19th, 2010, 02:52 AM
:o

streams for court 2?

bruce goose
Aug 19th, 2010, 03:07 AM
Marion was awesome today:cool:...not one single BP on her serve.....Let's see if she can match that tomorrow:p

Alizé Molik
Aug 19th, 2010, 03:22 AM
sad for KDK but yey for Marion fresh for the 3r

bruce goose
Aug 19th, 2010, 05:11 AM
Tomorrow's match is,in a manner of speaking,a clash of opposites: Although Benesova is an attractive gal facially,a look at her backside is reminiscent of flat,shapeless pancakes(I'd recommend LOTS more Mexican food for Iveta)...on the other hand,our Marion has some of the most DELICIOUS:drool: buns you could hope for from the best patisserie.................Of course,that won't help her win the match at all:lol:...but I thought it was worth pointing out:p......VAMOS,Marion!!!:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Ferg
Aug 19th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Well that was ridiculously easy.

Marionated
Aug 19th, 2010, 05:25 PM
I love how she has gained so many ranking points after early exits last year: IW, Miami, Cincy and now here in Toronto.

Ferg
Aug 19th, 2010, 05:26 PM
225 points isnt a bad weeks work for just over 2 hours on court. :lol: I dont expect her to beat most likely Vika but I hope she take New Haven seriously if she gets a good draw, looking at the seeds she could beat any of them.

Drine
Aug 19th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Impressive performance from Marion today, wooo I like it http://www.vvdrienerlo.nl/smileys/42.gif

Marionated
Aug 19th, 2010, 06:05 PM
To beat Azarenka she has to serve like a goat (Azarenka's great return is useless against HUGE serving- see her match vs Serena in Australia when Serena woke up, and her match vs Kvitova at Wimbledon), and she has to play the big points well- had a point for a set and double break lead in their last match, and even if Marion does have a lead and loses it, she can't let it get her down.

Can't see it happening though.

bruce goose
Aug 19th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Don't think that ANYone in this forum predicted the win vs. Li'l Bepa last year,so I'm using THAT to hold out hope.....I seriously doubt that she'd beat Vika as easily as she did Iveta today.....but I won't complain if she DOES:p

Ferg
Aug 20th, 2010, 01:07 AM
After looking at the field, Marion BETTER play the goddamn Bell Challenge.

bruce goose
Aug 20th, 2010, 03:17 AM
In case no one has noticed,Marion's next foe is a picnic compared to whom she'd meet if she finally beat Vika.....either VERA Z. or KIM......:help::help::help:.......one step at a time,of course:p

Alizé Molik
Aug 20th, 2010, 03:57 AM
well look at stanford last year! anything is possible with marion.

bruce goose
Aug 20th, 2010, 04:15 AM
well look at stanford last year! anything is possible with marion.Yeah,I honestly haven't given up.....just haven't raised my hopes extremely high;)

Alizé Molik
Aug 20th, 2010, 04:25 AM
lol good. as usual teh first match of marion we'll see will probbaly be the one she loses

Lighter
Aug 20th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Friday, August 20, 2010

Court Central (from 13.00hrs)
1. Svetlana Kuznetsova vs. Zheng Jie
2. Kim Clijsters vs. Vera Zvonareva
3. Francesca Schiavone vs. Caroline Wozniacki (NB 19.00hrs)
4. Marion Bartoli vs. Victoria Azarenka

2nd position on night session. So very late in France.

Singleniacki
Aug 20th, 2010, 11:48 AM
around midday australia :lol:
Back in the top 15 :cheer:

Lighter
Aug 20th, 2010, 12:01 PM
around midday australia :lol:
Back in the top 15 :cheer:Hope it will have a TV coverage, but no so sure.

Singleniacki
Aug 20th, 2010, 12:24 PM
i'll be playing tennis at that time anyways :tears:
Checking scores every change over :cheer:

Lighter
Aug 20th, 2010, 12:34 PM
i'll be playing tennis at that time anyways :tears:
Checking scores every change over :cheer:The west way with Marion.....if no TV coverage.

Ferg
Aug 20th, 2010, 01:47 PM
ehhhhhhhhhh I dont think Ill stay up. I stayed up for Sod last night and that didnt work out well.

bruce goose
Aug 20th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Even though I don't like her,I have to be fair in saying that Vika's buns are better than average for a tall,slim gal;we don't have the same extreme contrast that we had in the last match with Marion and Iveta....That said,Marion's buns are still much fuller and more delicious-looking than Vika's......So let's hope that that'll somehow translate to tennis superiority today:cool:

Ferg
Aug 20th, 2010, 08:39 PM
New Haven draw out. R1 vs. Alona, R2 vs. Pironkova/Qualifer, R3 vs. Deentieva, Kvitova, MJMS. Wozniacki and Pennetta on the other side.

Ferg
Aug 20th, 2010, 08:40 PM
She better take this seriously and make quarters at least, if not the final!

Ferg
Aug 20th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Looking at the top 8 seeds now that Serena is out, Marion might have a fantastic chance to make the quarters. She could beat many of them.

bruce goose
Aug 20th, 2010, 10:08 PM
Yep,Marion's such an overwhelming favorite now...that the other seeds might just quit in realization that it's a lost cause to even show up and play;)

Alizé Molik
Aug 20th, 2010, 11:39 PM
I think every girl will be smiling today!

bruce goose
Aug 20th, 2010, 11:49 PM
At some point,a champion has to lose their gear of other great players...that's part of the reason why Kim beat Serena last year.There was tremendous respect,no doubt,but Kim truly believed that she could win,and she saw Serena as a mere mortal and not a cyborg.That's at least half the battle,IMO....I wonder how well Marion adopts that attitude(?????)

Ferg
Aug 20th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Yep,Marion's such an overwhelming favorite now...that the other seeds might just quit in realization that it's a lost cause to even show up and play;)

No need to be sarcastic Bruce! :lol: Im serious. She beat Wozniacki handily last week. She could take JJ whos playing poorly, Im sure. Venus and Stosur have been injured. Elena hasnt been the same player since her injury. Im sure she could beat Schiavone on such a fast hardcourt.

bruce goose
Aug 21st, 2010, 12:33 AM
No need to be sarcastic Bruce! :lol: Im serious. She beat Wozniacki handily last week. She could take JJ whos playing poorly, Im sure. Venus and Stosur have been injured. Elena hasnt been the same player since her injury. Im sure she could beat Schiavone on such a fast hardcourt.Yeah,I was just having fun;I know what Marion is capable of cuz I remember 2007 W

Ferg
Aug 21st, 2010, 01:52 AM
*3-0 down, 5 DFs in 2 games, 4 in one, Im going to bed soon.

bruce goose
Aug 21st, 2010, 02:09 AM
Headed off to church in about 20 minutes...so,if you don't see me spewing profanity in the thread,there'll be two good reasons:

1.I won't 'physically' be here
2.The One Whom I'm going to worship probably wouldn't be too impressed with my nasty attitude:lol:...so I'll keep it clean in the midst of the unsurprising,burgeoning blowout;)

Ferg
Aug 21st, 2010, 02:13 AM
Going to bed now. Fuck it, she better take fucking New Haven seriously. If she tanks that after losing so tamely here then I shall not be pleased.

Alizé Molik
Aug 21st, 2010, 02:42 AM
at least she's still fighting, I think the aggressive serving has backfired somewhat. Hope she finishes out the match strongly.

Ferg
Aug 21st, 2010, 02:45 AM
Im back again because I couldnt sleep knowing she was playing. :o Goddamn my weakness.

Alizé Molik
Aug 21st, 2010, 03:04 AM
haha Ferg! its Serverion today :help: everything is on the serve! she's had 5bp but hasn't converted one yet! hopefully she can hold for 5-4 and sneak a break

Ferg
Aug 21st, 2010, 03:07 AM
That was a biiiiig hold after losing a 40-0 lead.

Alizé Molik
Aug 21st, 2010, 03:13 AM
wow another 40-0 lead! serve has started to click if she can just break or win the TB she could have chances in the third!

Ferg
Aug 21st, 2010, 03:15 AM
I wonder what could have happened if only she served this well at the beginning of the match. TB at least I suppose.

Ferg
Aug 21st, 2010, 03:16 AM
DF, 3 more points woman...

Alizé Molik
Aug 21st, 2010, 03:22 AM
omg tie break drama!!!!!11111111111111111111

Alizé Molik
Aug 21st, 2010, 03:22 AM
Omg She Got A Break!

Ferg
Aug 21st, 2010, 03:23 AM
That last game was slightly disappoitning after a lucky start. :tears:

Ferg
Aug 21st, 2010, 03:24 AM
4-1 to Marion :scared: 2nd serve ace

Bartoli's Boy
Come on!!! :bounce:

Alizé Molik
zomg 4-1 marion ALEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEZ

Ferg
Aug 21st, 2010, 03:27 AM
4 SPs :tape:

Alizé Molik
Aug 21st, 2010, 03:28 AM
i'm having a palpatation.

Ferg
Aug 21st, 2010, 03:29 AM
6-5 :tape:

Singleniacki
Aug 21st, 2010, 03:30 AM
Come on marion

Ferg
OMFG :smash:

Bartoli's Boy
Oh god, from 6-2 to 6-6 :(

Alizé Molik
Aug 21st, 2010, 03:31 AM
6-6 merde merde merde d'enferrrrr :bigcry:

Ferg
Aug 21st, 2010, 03:31 AM
Df.

Ferg
Aug 21st, 2010, 03:32 AM
Thats it. Loses 6 points in a row... Un fucking believable. Cant believe I stayed up for this shit.

Alizé Molik
well this is absolute bullshit and a choke

Ferg
I cant believe it. Im so angry at her.

Ferg
Aug 21st, 2010, 03:35 AM
4 losses in the hardcourt tournaments, 3 have been chokes. Dont know how much more of this I can put up with.

This is just going to build in her head. Shes never going to beat Azarenka.

bruce goose
Aug 21st, 2010, 05:57 AM
Boy am I glad I missed THAT!!!I'm feeling spiritually invigorated after church tonight so I'm not gonna vent too much on Marion since I'm not feeling angry.Simply put,Marion: It's one thing to have an oh-fer vs. a Graf,Serena,or other great player...it's another thing entirely to suck against a gal who's a complete ZERO in Grand Slams...only 3 QFs to her name...NONE of which were close to a semifinal berth.....Why don't you ponder that,Marion............IF you bother to come here and read:p

floco
Aug 21st, 2010, 06:59 AM
DIS-GUS-TING Marion. I do feel bad for her though...

Marionated
Aug 21st, 2010, 09:43 AM
I knew as soon as I'd seen the scoreline she had choked.
Pissed :o

Marionated
Aug 21st, 2010, 09:52 AM
And she got off to anwful start too: 4 double faults to open the match :o

I can understand being owned by Sharapova and Clijsters but is it really that hard to beat Azarenka and Radwanska :help:

Why does she keep choking? :sobbing:

She better win New Haven to make up for these recent atrocities.

Singleniacki
Aug 21st, 2010, 11:10 AM
Marion :hug:

Ferg
Aug 22nd, 2010, 01:05 PM
Maybe that loss was a blessing in disguise, looking at the rain delays in Montreal.

Lighter
Aug 22nd, 2010, 04:13 PM
Marion explained that she faced problems with return of serve, especially 2 when she lead 6-3 during tie-break. For sure, she's gonna work on it.

Ferg
Aug 22nd, 2010, 04:14 PM
Her ROS this year hasnt been as good as in previous years I think.

Marionated
Aug 22nd, 2010, 04:16 PM
I agree. I watched the first set of her 1st round match, and it was pretty poor.

bruce goose
Aug 22nd, 2010, 05:24 PM
Maybe that loss was a blessing in disguise, looking at the rain delays in Montreal.Even worse than THAT was how the Salami-Swallowers were polluting the scores thread by discussing their personal activities in a VERY overly-detailed manner....I guess the mods were either on vacation...or aroused by that perverse crap:rolleyes:

If the WTA is,in fact,doing okay financially,then they should enter into a joint venture with willing tournaments.......splitting the costs of building awnings for at least two courts.....heck!!The Amish could do it for almost nothing!....Some tall tent stakes affixed to a large rectangular canvas:lol:.....We've done okay this year for the most part;Wimbledon was miraculously dry.....Still,it'd be seriously annoying if Marion faced this sort of obstacle,so let's change things around.....If a location is notorious for heavy rain...and won't take counter-measures...then f--k 'em,they lose their tournament to a BETTER host city:cool:

Lighter
Aug 22nd, 2010, 05:58 PM
I agree. I watched the first set of her 1st round match, and it was pretty poor.Agree. But windy conditions.

From people who saw her training, she worked hard on serve and accelerations towards the net.

bruce goose
Aug 22nd, 2010, 09:38 PM
Blog Integrity Update: We've seen during the last three player blogs where respect for the fans is starting to diminish noticeably.It all began with phony blowhard Rennae Stubbs at Wimbledon.She's such a fake that it wasn't any huge surprise when she stormed off in Snotty Bitch Mode upon being eliminated....yet she IS almost 40 years old so it was disappointing when she acted like a spoiled teenage diva in blowing off her blog....In Bad Gastein,we had a more typical experience.Petkovic sulked for a day when she lost,and she refused to comment on it...but she returned the NEXT day and,though she didn't directly say 'goodbye',she appeared to imply it while offering an atypical,interesting farewell post.....In Istanbul,things went downhill again.Local gal Ipek Senoglu began decently enough...and then she stayed late at the Player Party while having a fair share to drink...so she skipped Wednesday and bounced back on Thursday with another semi-interesting post...until she f--ked up at the end of it.At least she halfway warned us that she'd be heading to another tourney on Friday,but she also promised to check in remotely and,of course,she didn't do that.Ipek didn't reach Stubbs' nadir,thankfully,yet it was another case where blowing off the fans--and breaking a commitment to them--was viewed as no big deal.

Our newest blog comes from Lisa Raymond...and that might set off some alarms since she's fake-ass Stubbs' Doubles partner.However,Lisa has a long track record of connecting closely with the fans,and she's well-known for her lengthy,thoughtful blogs.Though it's conceivable that Stubbs' crappy attitude could seep into Lisa,I'm gonna give her the benefit of the doubt for now in hoping that Ms.Raymond can reverse the recent,ugly tide where fans---whose support pays for the sport---have been treated like Second Citizens....We'll see what unfolds:)

Alizé Molik
Aug 23rd, 2010, 12:33 AM
Agree. But windy conditions.

From people who saw her training, she worked hard on serve and accelerations towards the net.

:rolleyes: it wouldn't matter if she was friggen Flo Jo she still couldn't get to the net quick enough to make those net rushes a good idea.

bruce goose
Aug 23rd, 2010, 03:17 AM
:rolleyes: it wouldn't matter if she was friggen Flo Jo she still couldn't get to the net quick enough to make those net rushes a good idea.I remember Flo Jo well(may God rest her soul).It would've been pretty embarrassing had Marion ever tried to sprint with her:eek:....On the flip side,even on Marion's worst day,she'd have still stomped a mudhole in Flo Jo on the tennis court

Lighter
Aug 23rd, 2010, 09:11 AM
:rolleyes: it wouldn't matter if she was friggen Flo Jo she still couldn't get to the net quick enough to make those net rushes a good idea. But it was what she did vs Vika after dad's advice and succeeded in it with very nice points during 2nd set.

For those who are interesting in, Marion's match vs Vika can be downloaded here : http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=18336292&postcount=1

Marionated
Aug 23rd, 2010, 09:13 AM
Have you watched it all, Lighter? If so, what happened on all those set points?

Marionated
Aug 23rd, 2010, 09:21 AM
btw, she is not playing today, but I think New Haven will either be moved indoors ord cancelled.

Marionated
Aug 23rd, 2010, 09:40 AM
I just watched it. Both her serve and return really let her down after being up 6-2.

Azarenka's on court attitude :rolleyes: I hope Vera beats her down.

Lighter
Aug 23rd, 2010, 09:42 AM
6-2
1st : Vika hit as hard as possible (awesome). Vika's return on 2nd serve very deep.
2nd : She returned 2nd serve in the net, when she was 1 meter inside the court
3rd : She returned 1st serve just outside the line
4rd : Too long backhand, just outside the line

I understand what she said about return of serve. She tanked on 3 very important returns of serve :
- 2 during tie-break
- 1 2-1* 30-40 break point

Marionated
Aug 23rd, 2010, 09:44 AM
Some of her tatical decisons are very poor too e.g. the first point at 5-4 hitting the ball straight back to her (so Marion was passed) instead of going down the line into the open court.

Lighter
Aug 23rd, 2010, 09:57 AM
2nd set 6-5*, Vika played really great tennis to hold her serve. And the rally intensity at 30-15 was awesome. It's really heartbreaking.

bruce goose
Aug 23rd, 2010, 12:18 PM
btw, she is not playing today, but I think New Haven will either be moved indoors ord cancelled.Is there supposed to be a huge storm front in New Haven the entire week??

Marionated
Aug 23rd, 2010, 01:40 PM
Dunno about a storm, but the weather's set to be very poor.

Ferg
Aug 23rd, 2010, 05:23 PM
If the tournament will be this disrupted I doubt she'll stick around for long.

Marionated
Aug 23rd, 2010, 05:27 PM
Well it's moving along ok today. I really think she has a good shot at winning this, and she shouldn't tank like the previous 2 years just because it's the week before the open.

Just something to think about too: she wanted to win Eastbourne :shrug:

Ferg
Aug 23rd, 2010, 05:28 PM
Yeah, I always wonder why she takes Eastbourne seriously and not here. Does anyone kknow how fast is this court? Is it NY-fast or IWs-slow?

bruce goose
Aug 23rd, 2010, 06:51 PM
Dunno about a storm, but the weather's set to be very poor.My dad actually lives in western Connecticut a few hours away from New Haven...and he hasn't mentioned anything about heavy rain in his e-mails....Hopefully,the only thing that'll stop Marion is......Marion:rolleyes:.Kuzy had been playing well in Montreal and,after the rain delay,Caro whupped her easily

Marionated
Aug 23rd, 2010, 07:07 PM
Faster than IW at least, but what hardcourt isn't? :tape:

Ferg
Aug 23rd, 2010, 07:21 PM
She better be playing early tomorrow if hses playing consecutive days!

bruce goose
Aug 23rd, 2010, 09:01 PM
The weather has been fairly tame so far,apparently....Will be watching tonight as Dinara guarantees that Marion won't be the worst server at this tourney...she's got that spot locked down:rolleyes:.I'm eager to see Marion's movement at the USO as compared to years past;a Slam is one of my rare opportunities to catch her on TV down here

Alizé Molik
Aug 23rd, 2010, 10:07 PM
bondarenko, pironkova, dementieva, wozniacki..this draw is not looking good.

bruce goose
Aug 24th, 2010, 12:16 AM
bondarenko, pironkova, dementieva, wozniacki..this draw is not looking good.Don't forget,Marion just whupped Bondarenko and Caro...and Pironkova can't win a match,post-Wimby...as for Elena D.,she's been slumping,too...but that'd be a hard match for me with two of my loves involved:hearts::hearts:

Lighter
Aug 24th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Marion 2nd on Grandstand (from 10.00hrs)
1. Yanina Wickmayer vs. Timea Bacsinszky
2. Alona Bondarenko vs. Marion Bartoli

Hope no rain today....

Ferg
Aug 24th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Thats good. I think she can beat Bondarenko again, and I hope she has enough pride not to tank against her or Pironkova.

Ferg
Aug 24th, 2010, 01:22 PM
So looking towards the draw, Marion can get Wozniacki, Kim, Venus or JJ in R4. Lets hope she doesnt get Kim anyway, the other 3 would be beatable.

Marionated
Aug 24th, 2010, 01:40 PM
But we should look at dangerous 1st and 2nd round opponents i.e unseeded players:
.Ana Ivanovic
.Bethanie Mattek-Sands
.Jarmilla Groth
.Jelena Dokic if she qualifies
.Dinara Safina
.Klara Zakapolva

And others.

Ferg
Aug 24th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Oh gawd I may kill myself if she gets Beth early on.

Marionated
Aug 24th, 2010, 05:14 PM
I know. She owns Marion and has been playing so well lately.

Ferg
Aug 24th, 2010, 07:29 PM
6-7 7-6 6-3. Shouldve won in 2 but sure, its still a win. She better not tank/retire against Pironkova or Rodionova of all people.

Marionated
Aug 24th, 2010, 07:30 PM
I really want a revenge with Tsvetsi but it looks like Rodionova will win... Shame

She better not be put on early tomorrow :o

Ferg
Aug 24th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Im really worried about her drawing Beth now :sobbing: goddammit. Its so unlikely but its total Marion style, just like drawing Kim last year.

bruce goose
Aug 24th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Couldn't get a live feed so I'd like to hear a match report from one of my fellow Marionettes if any of you saw it.The serving stats look MAJORLY sucky but,as was said above,a win's a win....Neither of her potential opponents have ever come close to winning a tournament...so she can't complain over her draw

Ferg
Aug 24th, 2010, 07:34 PM
No live stream Im afraid Bruce.

bruce goose
Aug 24th, 2010, 08:12 PM
No live stream Im afraid Bruce.Still,we'll get our hands on a decent match report eventually

Ferg
Aug 24th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Rodionova it is. They havent played before but I dont think Marion will WANT to lose/tank against her after calling her the most disagreeable.

Marionated
Aug 24th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Indeed. Beatdown please Marion.

Lighter
Aug 24th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Marion doesn't like to match players she never faced. We will see probably tomorrow if no rain.

bruce goose
Aug 24th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Rodionova it is. They havent played before but I dont think Marion will WANT to lose/tank against her after calling her the most disagreeable.I think Marion would win in a catfight:lol:...but let's see her beat Nastya on the tennis court instead

Lighter
Aug 24th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Maybe one of the reason why Anastasia Rodionova has a bad reputation : http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/6903967.stm

bruce goose
Aug 24th, 2010, 11:13 PM
Maybe one of the reason why Anastasia Rodionova has a bad reputation : http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/6903967.stmHypothetically speaking,she swung wildly at the ball in frustration and accidentally hit it into the stands...but it appears that Marion probably has a good case for her comment

Lighter
Aug 25th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Marion 1st on Grandstand (from 10.00hrs)
1. Anastasia Rodionova vs. Marion Bartoli
2. Nadia Petrova vs. Bethanie Mattek-Sands

Alizé Molik
Aug 25th, 2010, 01:07 PM
allez marion!

bruce goose
Aug 25th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Another beatdown of an inferior opponent despite crappy serving...next up will be Katie Bondarenko or Dementieva.......I hope you guys won't hate me for this but....I'm not gonna cheer fervently against Marion,of course...yet Lena is gone after this year...off to marriage and motherhood...so I have to cherish these last few moments with her........Of course,things are MUCH simpler if Marion plays the younger Bondarenko for the 1st time

Lighter
Aug 25th, 2010, 05:36 PM
1 SET all between Lena and Kat.

Play time : 2 hrs 24

Ferg
Aug 25th, 2010, 05:45 PM
What a seriously sexy result for several reasons. #1. Easy win after such a long match yesterday. #2. A 3+1 win in the R2 of a tournament before a Slam might mean shes taking this place seriously. #3. Its Rodionova of all people she beatdown bad. Sweeet.

K. Bondarenko beating Lena at the moment :eek:

Ferg
Aug 25th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Elena it is, wins in 3 hrs. 5-2 H2H in favour of Elena but their matches have been relatvely close. If Marion is gonna beat her then this is as good a time as any.

Marionated
Aug 25th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Elena it is, wins in 3 hrs. 5-2 H2H in favour of Elena but their matches have been relatvely close. If Marion is gonna beat her then this is as good a time as any.

Indeed.

bruce goose
Aug 25th, 2010, 06:43 PM
In fact,if Marion wants to grab a psychological edge,she should go to Lena before the match and show her some pictures of Kim holding li'l Jada in her arms....that'll COMPLETELY throw Lena off her game:eek:

Alizé Molik
Aug 26th, 2010, 02:09 AM
I think she can win this if she doesn't get down in the first set. Usually the week before a slam if things look to be going south in a qf/sf she'll tank...but we shall see! I think she wants a title here as she hasn't had one yet this year :(

Singleniacki
Aug 26th, 2010, 02:53 AM
She should win in 2 but it is Marion :haha:

bruce goose
Aug 26th, 2010, 03:11 AM
She should win in 2 but it is Marion :haha:You should spread some of your good humor to your depressed,near-lifeless avy girl.....I hope that Marion doesn't contract whatever affliction SHE has:lol:

Singleniacki
Aug 26th, 2010, 03:13 AM
Dolores is just.... :inlove:

bruce goose
Aug 26th, 2010, 03:31 AM
Marion vs. Elena: The Battle of the Serve-afflicted Beauties

Alizé Molik
Aug 26th, 2010, 05:03 AM
Marion vs. Elena: The Battle of the Serve-afflicted Beauties

:hearts:

Drine
Aug 26th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Marion's scheduled second match on Stadium (NB 1pm) http://www.vvdrienerlo.nl/smileys/thumbup.gif

Lighter
Aug 26th, 2010, 05:30 PM
US OPEN :
Marion has Kim 4th round and Ana Ivanovic before.

R1 : Marion-Gallovits ?

Marionated
Aug 26th, 2010, 05:31 PM
I think I saw Gallovits name, and, maybe, Timea B too.

Lighter
Aug 26th, 2010, 05:46 PM
R1 : Gallovits
R2 : Razzano/Zakopalova
R3 : Jie or Ivanovic
R4 : KIM

Marionated
Aug 26th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Not a bad draw at all to the 4th round.

Ferg
Aug 26th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Marion gets Kim. Fucking typical.

Lighter
Aug 26th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Marion Bartoli vs. Edina Gallovits
Virginie Razzano vs. Klara Zakopalova
Ana Ivanovic vs. Ekaterina Makarova
Timea Bacsinszky vs. Zheng Jie

Petra Kvitova vs. Lucie Hradecka
Elena Baltacha vs. Petra Martic
Qualifier vs. Aleksandra Wozniak
Greta Arn vs. Kim Clijsters

Ferg
Aug 26th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Well, I hope she makes 4th round at least, thought I would have liked a good result there.

Marionated
Aug 26th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Those are the breaks. If Marion had taken advantage of her Australian open draw, she'd be ranked higher and would have a more favourable 4th round opponent.

Marionated
Aug 26th, 2010, 05:57 PM
I've never seen Gallovits play.

Lighter
Aug 26th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Match after match. And if she has to play Kim, she will be ready for an upset.

Marionated
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Elena's just outlasted Marion physically in their last two matches.

Marion's fitness has unquestionably improved but it could still be better.

Ferg
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Slightly disappointed... Oh well, its probably better she lost. Plenty of time to rest up. Hopefully Kim wil put in a horror show in one of the early rounds.

Marionated
Aug 26th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Cut out those double faults for the open :help:

She's never had the most solid of second serves, but it's become a real issue lately.

So Gallovits is first. Looking foward to the US open :bounce:

Ferg
Aug 26th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Shes gonna overtake Henin in the ranking next week now.

Singleniacki
Aug 26th, 2010, 10:57 PM
I deleted the other thread :cheer:
I dont like her draw :o
I would have loved her to be in the 3rd quarter :inlove:

Please make the 4th round :sobbing:

bruce goose
Aug 27th, 2010, 03:02 AM
F--king internet out AGAIN,so coming to you other Marionettes from the cyber center.I'm too lazy to go back and check who said it,but I agree that she may as well get extra rest if she wasn't gonna win N.H. anyway....Let's see how well she can pull an overachieving act like Schiavone did:cool:

Chakvenus
Aug 28th, 2010, 03:53 PM
well a rather good draw from the looks of it until the 4R...
still though, if Marion is playing her best, Kim better look out.
i hope she takes advantage of these winnable matches to make another GS 4R (at least)!!

bruce goose
Aug 28th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Blog Integrity Update: If Marion ever learns to like Doubles,then I hope she plays with Lisa Raymond someday.Raymond is like lots of other gringas who get enamored with shallow,low-quality American 'so-called' entertainment...but there's a sincerity to her personality that's very appealing...plus she's not immensely attractive so she has a sort of working-gal element to her persona.

Lisa hinted that she doesn't always see eye-to-eye with her partner,the phony blowhard Rennae Stubbs,OFF-court...despite their successful on-court history...and that's very easy to picture.Look at the vast differences in Stubbs' and Raymond's blogs: Stubbs brags about how many friends she supposedly has at all the tourney sites,drawing all the attention to herSELF,w/o mentioning anything significant with regard to those other people.B/c of her blabbing over her huge list of 'friends',we're supposed to believe that she's some sort of great,standout individual.:rolleyes:....In contrast with the fake,pretentious Stubbs,Lisa is more like Dani H.,offering insights and compliments about the folks she encounters.She's willing to put the focus on OTHERS,not just herself as plastic,shallow Stubbs does.In fact,Raymond even blogged for two extra days after she was eliminated from the Dubs competition....she TRULY respects the fans and gets major bonus points for that....Way to go,Lisa:worship:

Marionated
Aug 28th, 2010, 06:23 PM
When was the last time Marion played doubles? Wimbledon 2007?

It would do her a world of good actually to work on her volley.

bruce goose
Aug 28th, 2010, 08:29 PM
When was the last time Marion played doubles? Wimbledon 2007?

It would do her a world of good actually to work on her volley.Anyone is free to correct me if they think I'm out of line here,but.....Marion doesn't strike me as being a woman who bonds with new people very quickly....If she DID play doubles long-term,it'd probably because she had a doubles-playing friend who lost her normal partner to a serious injury...and then asked Marion to fill in for a while...at least that's how AYE picture that scenario

Marionated
Aug 28th, 2010, 08:47 PM
She had a good partnership with Myriam Casanova years ago. They reached the SF of the US Open together.

She also had good partnerships with Peer and ALG.

bruce goose
Aug 28th, 2010, 09:19 PM
She had a good partnership with Myriam Casanova years ago. They reached the SF of the US Open together.

She also had good partnerships with Peer and ALG.What I meant was....I'll bet Marion didn't just recently meet them before playing doubles;she probably knew each of them for at least a few months prior

Ferg
Aug 28th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Has Gallovits done anything recently?

Marionated
Aug 28th, 2010, 09:24 PM
2nd round of Wimbledon, I think.

Marionated
Aug 28th, 2010, 09:25 PM
What I meant was....I'll bet Marion didn't just recently meet them before playing doubles;she probably knew each of them for at least a few months prior

Probably, but I doubt she'll ever play doubles again anyway.

Lighter
Aug 29th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Gallovits lives in Usa and is playing many challengers tournaments there.

Monday Oop :
Marion 3rd position on court 13.

Singleniacki
Aug 29th, 2010, 11:20 AM
apparently will be streamed :cheer:

Ferg
Aug 29th, 2010, 11:47 AM
She better win. :bs:

Singleniacki
Aug 29th, 2010, 11:50 AM
She better make 4th round or [/wrists]

bruce goose
Aug 29th, 2010, 02:50 PM
She better make 4th round or [/wrists]Just calm down and have some pasta....She'll at least play up to her seeding:)

Alizé Molik
Aug 30th, 2010, 01:39 AM
She better make 4th round or [/wrists]

x2

bruce goose
Aug 30th, 2010, 02:08 AM
Let me add to my earlier post: If Marion doesn't at least defeat those seeded beneath her then,on her next visit to one of our Mexican tourneys,I'm gonna jump the rail during one of her practice sessions and give her a long,juicy Latino Muzzle Kiss which my friend will capture on videocam....and I'm gonna squeeze her yummy ass while doing that:devil:

Ferg
Aug 30th, 2010, 06:37 PM
No play on Court 13 for ages...

Singleniacki
Aug 30th, 2010, 06:45 PM
yeah wtf im not gonna get to see the match probably :o

bruce goose
Aug 30th, 2010, 08:09 PM
From 2004-Present,nearly 7 full years worth of tennis,there've been 27 Slam events and either Federer or Nadal has won 23 of them...what a f--king joke the ATP is!!!:rolleyes:....Two good players and a bunch of douchebag losers named Elmer Fudd.What an anal,backwards reality sports programmers live in sometimes....We'll be lucky if we catch any of Marion's matches with the over-abundance of no-drama,boring-ass men's coverage....So please keep me posted,my fellow Marionettes,if you learn of any live feeds while she's playing

Ferg
Aug 30th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Dogdig and Gonzo seem to want to keep us waiting as long as possible...

bruce goose
Aug 30th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Dogdig and Gonzo seem to want to keep us waiting as long as possible...New Yorkers have a rep for being rude;I'd love to hear a few of them yell,"Get off the court,you swishy punks!!"

Ferg
Aug 30th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Gonzo retired :lol: 2 retirements on that court in 2 matches. :scared:

Ferg
Aug 30th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Shes taking ages. Gallovits there 5 mins ago.

bruce goose
Aug 30th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Shes taking ages. Gallovits there 5 mins ago.She got confused;Marion thought it was a date so she decided to make her bf wait forever:lol:

Ferg
Aug 30th, 2010, 10:32 PM
6-3 6-2, not bad. Cant wait for Razzano :drool:

bruce goose
Aug 30th, 2010, 10:47 PM
Can't emphasize enough how Marion had BETTER stomp a mud-hole in Razzano's ass!!!The H2H is 2-2 but the first loss was 11 years ago when Marion was 14,and the second was an injury default that came almost right after the 1st set ended.....Take care of business,Marion!!This is PERSONAL:armed:

Drine
Aug 30th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Good job Marion http://www.vvdrienerlo.nl/smileys/thumbup.gif I'm just pissed off about the fact that she's gonna meet another Frenchie http://www.vvdrienerlo.nl/smileys/mad2.gif

bruce goose
Aug 31st, 2010, 12:09 AM
I'm just pissed off about the fact that she's gonna meet another FrenchieIt's La Resistance(Marion) vs. Vichy Cowards(Razzano)

Alizé Molik
Aug 31st, 2010, 05:16 AM
It's La Resistance(Marion) vs. Vichy Cowards(Razzano)

:help:

anyway I think Marion will win this match against Razzano quite well, I wonder if there will be a handshake :o

bruce goose
Aug 31st, 2010, 05:33 AM
:help:

anyway I think Marion will win this match against Razzano quite well, I wonder if there will be a handshake :oI've heard some of Razzano's comments about Marion in the past...got no love for her.I was being NICE by not using any Spanish profanity to describe her

Singleniacki
Aug 31st, 2010, 07:37 AM
:drool:

Marionated
Aug 31st, 2010, 11:07 AM
I think she played quite well vs Gallovits- minus the blip in the first set. A few wasteful returns but some great winners too.

Players with variety who can exploit her movement are always a tricky match-up for her so I'm glad she managed to get in done in 2 sets.

Loved the backhand down the line to finish the match :drool:

Ferg
Aug 31st, 2010, 11:20 AM
Well from the L'Equipe article that Lighter posted she says its forgotten and the situation is calmer now.

Shes still gonna want to beat her bad though I think :lol:

bruce goose
Aug 31st, 2010, 12:41 PM
Well from the L'Equipe article that Lighter posted she says its forgotten and the situation is calmer now.

Shes still gonna want to beat her bad though I think :lol:Yeah,I think Marion was being tactful and diplomatic for the article---time to kick some ass!

Lighter
Aug 31st, 2010, 12:58 PM
The best will win.

Of course, French journalists ask all the same question about Eastbourne. Diplomatic answers from both of them.

Ferg
Aug 31st, 2010, 08:50 PM
Marion 2nd on Court 13. She BETTER win.

bruce goose
Aug 31st, 2010, 09:27 PM
Just so we're clear,Marion,we don't like ANY of your losses...but some of them are more survivable than others....I'm confident that you'll pull this one out......yet,if you choose to go on mental walkabout,you might not wanna visit this forum for a few days......unless you're looking to expand your profanity dictionary;)

Marionated
Sep 1st, 2010, 05:52 PM
I'm expecting a loss, if the heat is really that bad.

Singleniacki
Sep 1st, 2010, 05:53 PM
i hope she wins

bruce goose
Sep 1st, 2010, 06:12 PM
I'm expecting a loss, if the heat is really that bad.You can start the bawling if she actually DOES lose...For NOW,she's kicking some 'cabrona' ass!:cool:......On second thought,I apologize for foolishly showing so much faith in schizo Marion(sigh....x 10,000)

Ferg
Sep 1st, 2010, 07:56 PM
Worst loss all year.

Marionated
Sep 1st, 2010, 08:01 PM
I'm just disappointed with both. of them...

Marionated
Sep 1st, 2010, 08:07 PM
I just don't think her leg was that bad at all. She didn't look visibly hampered.

I think the heat definitely must have bothered her though. I can't think of any other explanation for that performance.

This has been a really disappointing year at the slams.

Ferg
Sep 1st, 2010, 08:09 PM
R3, R3, R4 and R2 at her best one :o

Marionated
Sep 1st, 2010, 08:12 PM
The Zheng loss hurts so bad :bigcry:

Shahar is just better on clay, but the call on set point in the tie-break was ridiculous.

She should have won the first set vs Pironkova, she had so many chances, but she was outplayed for most of the match though.

She wouldn't have beaten Ivanovic so this loss hurts the least for me.

bruce goose
Sep 1st, 2010, 08:14 PM
What a f--king disgrace to lose to that 'pendeja extra fea':(.....Gonna need a day to get over that crap......Check back with you guys after I've cooled off for a while;otherwise,I might be too tempted to say something about puta Razzano......Don't complain about a lack of respect anymore,Marion.....Start EARNING it!!!!!!

Bartoli's Boy
Sep 1st, 2010, 08:48 PM
I really hate to see her lose to Razzano as well. :( I haven't forgiven her for making those comments to the Eastbourne crowd and to the French press, but I'm glad that they shook hands. You could see how much she wanted to win this match when she threw her racquet...

Oh well. Another total capitulation to a player that she should be beating, based on rankings. :tears: At least it makes her big wins all the more rewarding, lol.

bruce goose
Sep 1st, 2010, 11:31 PM
Honestly,I think that I'd have measuredly cheered for Marion in the matchup because Ana's confidence is heavily on the rebound and a loss wouldn't have demoralized her;Marion needed this Slam more,mentally,IMO.......Now that the match-up of my favorites won't be taking place,I'll cheer for Ana to stomp a mudhole in Razzano's ass....IF she continues her improved play,she'll certainly win and I'll get delayed pleasure on Marion's behalf

Ferg
Sep 1st, 2010, 11:43 PM
11-6 this year on US hardcourts. :o Blegh. Very ordinary W/L this year, probably near the lowest among top 20 players... Only way she can save the season for me is win the Bell Challenge (SURELY she'll take it seriously after this horror show) and post respectable tournies in China and Japan.

bruce goose
Sep 2nd, 2010, 12:04 AM
After what Schiavone did at RG...and when you factor in the absences of Serena and Henin...this event reeks of a MAJOR blown opportunity:(

Marionated
Sep 2nd, 2010, 12:25 AM
I disagee Bruce. The chances of her getting past Ivanovic, who appears to be playing at a high level again, were slim, and she certainly wouldn't have beaten Clijsters.

bruce goose
Sep 2nd, 2010, 12:32 AM
I disagee Bruce. The chances of her getting past Ivanovic, who appears to be playing at a high level again, were slim, and she certainly wouldn't have beaten Clijsters.Well,her chances of beating Henin at Wimby 2007 CERTAINLY weren't rated highly...but we might never see Marion repeat those feats as long as she maintains poor fitness and a sub-par attitude in big matches....which includes the occasional embarrassing tank job

Alizé Molik
Sep 2nd, 2010, 02:58 AM
is it bad that I just laughed when I saw this result?

bruce goose
Sep 2nd, 2010, 04:15 AM
is it bad that I just laughed when I saw this result?That might've been for the best;I had to avoid the forum for a couple hours in order to avoid sharing my variety of Spanish 'nicknames' for Razzano

bruce goose
Sep 4th, 2010, 12:05 AM
Most of you probably don't know that Ana's dad has his own waste disposal operation...and,today,the Ivanovic Sanitation Company took out the trash!:cool:....Happy Early Birthday,Marion:kiss: