PDA

View Full Version : Prague 1R: Johanna Larsson def. Karolina Pliskova 6-4 6-4

Slutiana
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:40 PM
:tape:

The first few times I saw Karolina, she was so aggressive and although she made a load of errors, she was still really fun to watch. Today she was just pushing the ball into the middle of the court. How is that ever going to work when you can't even move? Her hit point was all over the place as well. Baffling stuff.

Szczecin
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Reasonable from Larsson...

But that really wasn't very impressive from Pliskova... She just looked very slow and lazy today and her reactions on return were very lethargic...

Was the first time I saw her, and I would've thought playing at home would've inspired her to put some effort in but it just didn't seem like that...

Does she usually play like this or was something up ...? After her win at the Aussie I was wondering what her future prospects might be like ... But I wasn't particularly amazed from this match...

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Karolina :( :sad: that wasnt good

Elwin.
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Not impressed.

Well done Johanna :D

Kovalchuk
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:47 PM
both are not quite at this level to be honest, Larsson just did enough to win.

IMPOSSIBLE
Jul 12th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Johanna :)

Viktymise
Jul 13th, 2010, 12:44 PM
From the few games here and there of this that I caught, Pliskova hits a pretty clean, pentrating ball but her footwork is so lazy and pedestrian that i defies belief. I have no idea how she wins matches on any sort of a fast court.