PDA

View Full Version : Palermo QR3: (WC)Martina Caregaro def Sesil Karatantcheva 6-4 6-3

FORZA SARITA
Jul 12th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Big Marti did it :worship:
Burnett,GOATmila,Pushyr sisters,FB Trevisan enjoy this :weirdo:

Kworb
Jul 12th, 2010, 04:33 PM
:weirdo:

SoClose
Jul 12th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Sesil :tape:

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 12th, 2010, 04:34 PM
whoa Martina :bolt:

Boreas
Very amusing:happy:

Lachrymarum
Congrats although I have heard nothing about Caregaro.

Drake1980
Jul 12th, 2010, 04:35 PM
WTF?! :eek:

coool
Jul 12th, 2010, 04:36 PM
oh dear :cuckoo:

Hian
Jul 12th, 2010, 04:38 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol:
Martina :hearts:

Jane Lane
Jul 12th, 2010, 04:38 PM
:happy: Sesil...WTF.
Who is this girl?

gsm86
Jul 12th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Pushyr sisters, FB Trevisan :haha:

Caregaro def. Kustova 6-2 6-1
Caregaro def. Confalonieri 6-2 6-1
Caregaro def. Karatantcheva 6-4 6-3

:worship:

TZVETI83
Jul 12th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Sesil's game was an absolute mess. Her serve is actually much worse today than it has been all year. I really do not see any point for her to play at these clay events(she has not had success on clay in years). This is a MM event on clay and should not determine the success of her year.
Sesil is so talented, its sad watching her struggle in matches she should win.

Hian
Jul 12th, 2010, 04:41 PM
:happy: Sesil...WTF.
Who is this girl?

An excellent player :worship:

iPatty
Jul 12th, 2010, 04:46 PM
FB Trevisan :lol:

Caregaro seems to be the only promising Italian after Burnett and Trevisan turned out to be not so great.

Elwin.
Jul 12th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Sesil :spit:

FORZA SARITA
Jul 12th, 2010, 04:51 PM
FB Trevisan :lol:

Caregaro seems to be the only promising Italian after Burnett and Trevisan turned out to be not so great.

i still have hopes for Nastassja,her game is big but.......her legs are bigger :tape::lol: with a good non italian coach she can improve a lot :rolleyes:
the other one just disappeared so we can't even judge her results :tape: probably she's enjoying la playa right now :bounce: then post all the pics on FB :yawn::help:

MAGIKARPETTA
Jul 12th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Martina!! :hearts:

Ellery
Jul 12th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Martina :cheer:

FORZA SARITA
Jul 12th, 2010, 04:55 PM
btw her coaches are francesco elia and silvia farina :hearts:

Slutiana
Jul 12th, 2010, 04:55 PM
:lol:

Does Camila even class as an Italian?

gsm86
Jul 12th, 2010, 04:57 PM
http://www.spaziotennis.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/martina-caregaro-4.JPG

She is very nice too.

Hian
Jul 12th, 2010, 04:59 PM

She's Italian... but we will probably call her Camilà Giorǵ :sad:

FORZA SARITA
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:00 PM

give her some money and she will change flag :lol:

She is very nice too.

and you still post an awful one :rolleyes:

Petkorazzi
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Lol @ Sesil.

& Lol @ is supposedly being hot in Palermo but Caregaro is wearing a long sleeve jacket and the reporter a leather coat. :happy:

gsm86
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Lol @ Sesil.

& Lol @ is supposedly being hot in Palermo but Caregaro is wearing a long sleeve jacket and the reporter a leather coat. :happy:

The photo is not taken from Palermo :lol:

MAGIKARPETTA
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Lol @ Sesil.

yeah and maybe it's snowing... :scared:

FORZA SARITA
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Lol @ Sesil.

lolz @ you :p

Corswandt
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:12 PM

But at least you're not Portugal.

Fantasy Hero
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:13 PM

:worship: :rolls:

sammy01
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:16 PM
i have no idea how sesil loses some of these matches. it is like when alona bondarenko loses to unheard-of players. they have just such solid games i just cant see how any non top 75 player ever hits through them. then i remember both have horrific serves.

Petkorazzi
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:16 PM
The photo is not taken from Palermo :lol:
:hysteric: How could I know.

Corswandt
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:29 PM
i have no idea how sesil loses some of these matches. it is like when alona bondarenko loses to unheard-of players. they have just such solid games i just cant see how any non top 75 player ever hits through them. then i remember both have horrific serves.

I have the exact same problem with Zheng. I can't for the life of me understand how someone with such a good ground game isn't solid top 20, but then I remember her "serve" and can't for the life of me understand how someone with such a serve managed to crack the top 80.

Alona doesn't really have an horrific serve IMO (she almost never DFs, and her 2nd serve is pretty much a repeat of the 1st). It's just that she doesn't win a single free point off it, and often that just won't cut it.

The Dawntreader
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:36 PM

Sesil hits a pretty clean ball, with a reasonably consistent contact point, but my god she hits with such centrality.

When i saw her play against Henin in Brisbane, she was woefully lacking any sort of width or short angles. It just aided Henin's rythm with all these flat balls being hit to her in such a repetitive fashion.

Her backhand is a lovely looking shot, but i never feel like she accentuates it to its full potential. She doesn't look to be overtly aggressive off it a la Szavay/Azarenka etc.

Fantasy Hero
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:44 PM
i still have hopes for Nastassja,her game is big but.......her legs are bigger :tape::lol: with a good non italian coach she can improve a lot :rolleyes:
the other one just disappeared so we can't even judge her results :tape: probably she's enjoying la playa right now :bounce: then post all the pics on FB :yawn::help:

Fran i love you when you are so mean :inlove:

sammy01
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:46 PM
I have the exact same problem with Zheng. I can't for the life of me understand how someone with such a good ground game isn't solid top 20, but then I remember her "serve" and can't for the life of me understand how someone with such a serve managed to crack the top 80.

Alona doesn't really have an horrific serve IMO (she almost never DFs, and her 2nd serve is pretty much a repeat of the 1st). It's just that she doesn't win a single free point off it, and often that just won't cut it.

no alona's serve isn't horrific (though i find watching her bent elbow horrible to watch as she strikes the ball) it is just at best it starts the rally off at neutral, much like sesil only she throws in df's to.

Sesil hits a pretty clean ball, with a reasonably consistent contact point, but my god she hits with such centrality.

When i saw her play against Henin in Brisbane, she was woefully lacking any sort of width or short angles. It just aided Henin's rythm with all these flat balls being hit to her in such a repetitive fashion.

Her backhand is a lovely looking shot, but i never feel like she accentuates it to its full potential. She doesn't look to be overtly aggressive off it a la Szavay/Azarenka etc.

i've watched sesil play live at birmingham, and she is very very good coming out of the backhand corner. so many times it looked like she got pinned in that corner and she would come out with a great shot often crosscourt.

players like szavay who you compared her to i understand how she loses to lesser players as she can make some ugly errors, but what i saw of sesil it took 4 or 5 shots to get her out of position enough to win a point. that alone should be enough to beat most players ranked 75 - 200

KournikovaFan91
Jul 12th, 2010, 06:11 PM
:help:

How can Sesil lose to all these nobodies when it took Maria all her time to close out that match against Sesil in Birmingham.

Slutati
Jul 12th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Sesil is definitely done.

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 12th, 2010, 06:13 PM
this should have been AGR :sobbing:

KournikovaFan91
Jul 12th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Sesil is definitely done.

:rolleyes:

She made the quarters in Birmingham she is hardly on a Stevenson or Vaidisova level :o

Also I wanna see her on hard courts these shitty clays after Wimbledon are no indicator for the run into the USO.

FORZA SARITA
Jul 12th, 2010, 06:25 PM
this should have been AGR :sobbing:

plz don't remind me that :sad:

FedererBulgaria
Jul 12th, 2010, 06:29 PM
No words....this Sesil 100-200 player now....

Calliope.
Jul 12th, 2010, 06:29 PM
Martina :eek: :D

Sesil :help:

*JR*
Jul 12th, 2010, 07:17 PM
I'm always glad when someone I never heard of B4 puts a beatdown on her. :boxing: So Herr Hofmann, when Patty Packs it in (maybe after one more tour singles title, regardless of the level, and Budapest would have sufficed) would you please share your "wondrous coaching ability" with Sesil? :devil:

*Jean*
Jul 12th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Sesil :(

markdelaney
Jul 12th, 2010, 07:34 PM
:rolleyes:

She made the quarters in Birmingham she is hardly on a Stevenson or Vaidisova level :o

Also I wanna see her on hard courts these shitty clays after Wimbledon are no indicator for the run into the USO.

one swallow doesn't make a summer. She's clearly not a top 100 player.

Hian
Jul 12th, 2010, 08:23 PM
:help:

How can Sesil lose to all these nobodies when it took Maria all her time to close out that match against Sesil in Birmingham.

This nobody is simply better than her now.
And better than you, of course.

RenaSlam.
Jul 12th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Retire, Sesil. RETIRE NOW.

KournikovaFan91
Jul 12th, 2010, 08:58 PM
one swallow doesn't make a summer. She's clearly not a top 100 player.

She also made the Semis in Pattaya and qualified for Brisbane losing to Henin R2.

Her sucky results have mostly been on clay this year. Although she did qualify for Rome and Ponte Vedra Beach.

These are not bad results. There is tons of room for improvment.

Dave.
Jul 12th, 2010, 08:59 PM
I'm always glad when someone I never heard of B4 puts a beatdown on her. :boxing: So Herr Hofmann, when Patty Packs it in (maybe after one more tour singles title, regardless of the level, and Budapest would have sufficed) would you please share your "wondrous coaching ability" with Sesil? :devil:

Why are you so obsessed with Patty and/or Patty's husband? :lol:

*JR*
Jul 12th, 2010, 09:53 PM
Why are you so obsessed with Patty and/or Patty's husband? :lol:
"Strictly business" (same with Sesil) but I don't feel like writing about either now, or looking for an old post about either story, as the search only goes back 250. I'll PM you sometime re. both.

black_fire
Jul 12th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Expected.

She barely defeated a French player, ranked outside 250 (can't spell her name) and almost lost to Knapp, who hasn't done anything in the last months. Sesil should fix her serve ASAP and stop playing on clay :o Moreover, I doubt she has won a WTA MD clay match in the past 2 years :o

KournikovaFan91
Jul 12th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Expected.

She barely defeated a French player, ranked outside 250 (can't spell her name) and almost lost to Knapp, who hasn't done anything in the last months. Sesil should fix her serve ASAP and stop playing on clay :o Moreover, I doubt she has won a WTA MD clay match in the past 2 years :o

Exactly she is sucking on clay her good results this year have been on grass and hard.

OohZuzana
Jul 12th, 2010, 10:23 PM
If anybody has played TE career mode a lot, you'll know that they project Caregaro to be the next GOAT :D

Sander.
Jul 12th, 2010, 10:57 PM
A loss for Sesil :hearts: I'm so bad :sobbing:

Serena-Forever
Jul 12th, 2010, 11:42 PM
My dear Italian friends,

don`t be too proud about the victory of Caregaro.
I`m very sure that she will lose in the first round of the Main Draw. This girl is not without a reason a nobody and keeps a nobody.
She`s not the next Francesca Schiavone.
Addio e forza germania.

Sexysova
Jul 13th, 2010, 10:30 AM
thunderous :spit:

Hian
Jul 13th, 2010, 10:34 AM
My dear Italian friends,

don`t be too proud about the victory of Caregaro.
I`m very sure that she will lose in the first round of the Main Draw. This girl is not without a reason a nobody and keeps a nobody.
She`s not the next Francesca Schiavone.
Addio e forza germania.

I like these comments. They remind me there are still stupid people in the world.
Tell me when Beck will win against a Top 150, please. :lol:
Oh, and please don't be happy if Julia will win today against Martina. If she loses... well, that would be a big problem.

Serena-Forever
Jul 13th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Why are you guys so offensive to me?
I only write my opinion.
I knew that she`s only 18, this doesn`t change anything for me.
A lot of female players in the Top 100 are very young.
In April I saw her playing in Civitavecchia, the performance against
Schruff was not outstanding and I can`t see that she`s a big talent.
I don`t wanna hurt this young sympathetic player, please excuse my words in the last message. I`m sorry.

Fantasy Hero
Jul 13th, 2010, 10:40 AM
^ much better cuz none meant to be rude with you due to your opinion but everyone was cuz you wrote it in such an offensive way :p