PDA

View Full Version : Prague 1R: Anna Tatishvili def. Magda Rybarikova 06 75 75

fouc
Jul 12th, 2010, 02:28 PM
What an epic! :worship:
First time I saw Tatishvili and she actually has a game :eek: But what a headcase too :lol: She's like a 0.5 version of Aravane Rezai, with (even) worse serve, and (even) more brainless game at times. And she's celebrating everything just like the French. Her return was really, really impressive though.
Too bad that serve is just plain terrible, totally unreliable. She hit 2 DF in a row while serving for the set and for the match, so it could be 06 64 64 as well.

GeorgianFan
Jul 12th, 2010, 02:30 PM
haha Anna :rolls:

Sylvester
Tatishvili is officially the most annoying grunter and fist pumper of the circuit.

Her "come on" makes Oudin's US Open come ons passable...

Beat
i hope rybarikova can soon get the wins she was destined to get :help:

flareon
Strange Match because Magda was playing well first set. Then just stopped.

Juanes
magda :lol:

was that even possible? after 6-0, 1-0??? :rolleyes:

Elwin.
GOATLY SISTER ANNA :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
So happy she beat Pushrikova :D

Dodoboy.
First time seeing her play too, wow, i hope she can keep up this form! She's all over the place, but when she gets it together it's great to watch. I agree with basically everything in the OP, this was a good match to watch. Anna just needs to calm down a bit, she's way too streaky.

Unlucky Magda :hug:

Petkorazzi
Jul 12th, 2010, 02:31 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Step to this.

bridgepea
Very good match but man am I done with Magda. I just do not get that woman. How do you go from winning a set at love to losing the whole damned match. She has a better serve, better all around game and she allowed her opponent to just run her all over the court.

You are also correct. Rezai 2.1. I was hoping that Magda would win because that little heifer reminded me so much of Oudin with all the fist pumps and come ons. Ugh

Jankarenka
Does she remind anyone else of Capriati?

serenus_2k8
Anna almost choked it away :lol:

This scoreline just screams WTA though. How the hell :rolls:

bridgepea
Jul 12th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Does she remind anyone else of Capriati?

Yes she does actually. I was thinking that she does look like Capriati. She also has the same demeanour on the court. Very in your face. Not sure that I will ever cheer for her in a match.

Shepster
Jul 12th, 2010, 02:35 PM
What is it with Slovakians losing to complete cows on court, first Dani at Wimbledon with Strycova, now Magda here with Tatishvili. Such an annoying player, come-on-ing after UEs all the time, whiny high pitched noises, ugh, total brat :tape:. Magda started off so well, aggressive off the return, going down the lines, hitting the dropshots and polishing points off at the net (i.e. everything she wasn't doing on grass) then as soon as Anna started not making stupid errors and being horrendous off the return she started pushing it around which played totally into Tatishvili's hands :help:

Horrible match, so many errors, both doing their best to lose it.

Richie's
Jul 12th, 2010, 02:37 PM
:haha:
Slovakians need some :help:

SVK
Jul 12th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Please Zuzana, save Slovaks today:help:

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 12th, 2010, 02:40 PM
First round match in a small WTA international tournament. In a few months time everyone will have forgotten this match ever even took place. Hopefully.

Magda :shrug:

Petkorazzi
Jul 12th, 2010, 02:46 PM
What is it with Slovakians losing to complete cows on court, first Dani at Wimbledon with Strycova, now Magda here with Tatishvili. Such an annoying player, come-on-ing after UEs all the time, whiny high pitched noises, ugh, total brat :tape:. Magda started off so well, aggressive off the return, going down the lines, hitting the dropshots and polishing points off at the net (i.e. everything she wasn't doing on grass) then as soon as Anna started not making stupid errors and being horrendous off the return she started pushing it around which played totally into Tatishvili's hands :help:

Horrible match, so many errors, both doing their best to lose it.
You make it sound like she was changing her voice on the come ons. :o That is her real voice. :shrug: Oh, and yeah, shoot her for being excited and pumped in her first WTA MD by her own ranking.

Not like Magda is the class herself on the court. :rolleyes: Seen her bitchy and classless tons of times.

AaronJoyB
Jul 12th, 2010, 02:48 PM
tatishvili is so annoying....mix of Caravane and Larcher

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 12th, 2010, 02:56 PM
:woohoo: What an amazing fight from Anna T ! :worship:

Spaceman must be over the moon :crazy:;)

Shepster
Jul 12th, 2010, 03:00 PM
You make it sound like she was changing her voice on the come ons. :o That is her real voice. :shrug:
Never said or implied any such thing, no idea where you got that from. I was commenting that she has a very annoying high pitched squeal which just adds to how horrendous her on-court demeanour is, nothing about her changing her voice or suggesting it's deliberately high pitched :confused:
Oh, and yeah, shoot her for being excited and pumped in her first WTA MD by her own ranking.
There's a difference between being excited and repeatedly cheering the other person's mistakes, half the time on completely unimportant points :tape: If Henin gets criticised for it, and very rightly so, this girl doesn't get a free pass just because she's not that good - it's character, not circumstance.
Not like Magda is the class herself on the court. :rolleyes: Seen her bitchy and classless tons of times.
Ah the classic "the other player does this" response, very transparent what you're trying to do there, I'll take the one who wasn't acting like a total 14 year old brat thank you very much :)

xcrtbckhnd
Jul 12th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Anna now 2-0 vs Magda - I think both 7-5 wins in the 3rd too

delicatecutter
Jul 12th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Poor Magda. :sad:

Juju Nostalgique
Jul 12th, 2010, 03:07 PM
TatishEvert won a match! :speakles:

klever58
Jul 12th, 2010, 03:28 PM
nothing to say :help:

LegionArgentina
Jul 12th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Magda :o

BlackPanther.
Jul 12th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Magda :help::tape:

bbjpa
Jul 12th, 2010, 04:17 PM
:sad:

Jane Lane
Jul 12th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Magda :weirdo:

iPatty
Jul 12th, 2010, 04:44 PM
I also didn't like the attitude of Tatishvili but she has been fine all the other times I have seen her so (like with the Kvitova situation at Wimbledon) I will give her a free pass on this one. I think she was just trying to channel her nerves and urge herself on. She isn't in this position often.

Well done Anna and Gigi. :hug:

Petkorazzi
Jul 12th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Never said or implied any such thing, no idea where you got that from. I was commenting that she has a very annoying high pitched squeal which just adds to how horrendous her on-court demeanour is, nothing about her changing her voice or suggesting it's deliberately high pitched :confused:

There's a difference between being excited and repeatedly cheering the other person's mistakes, half the time on completely unimportant points :tape: If Henin gets criticised for it, and very rightly so, this girl doesn't get a free pass just because she's not that good - it's character, not circumstance.

Ah the classic "the other player does this" response, very transparent what you're trying to do there, I'll take the one who wasn't acting like a total 14 year old brat thank you very much :)
What exactly is wrong with shouting a come on or allez or anything? :rolleyes: It's just a way to pump yourself up and keep the momentum going, not all can keep concentration while being like a rock (CSN springs to mind :help:). There is absolutely nothing wrong with Rezai's or Henin's allez, Anna's come on or anything else. :shrug: I don't mind those, I just hate the aggressive come ons aimed at the opponent (a la Putintseva) or the ones at 1-0 15-30 or something by MLDB.

The last paragraph ... :rolleyes:. How exactly is come on-ing acting like a 14 year old brat? :rolleyes: There is nothing wrong with that and it won't annoy many people, while you can't argue that Magda and her on-court bitchiness are classless and far more bratty than the simple fistpumping from anna and it will take someone like you to overlook that. :lol:

SVK
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:00 PM
I never saw Magda doing something clasless or bad, just sometimes she is speaking to herself too angry:confused:

On the other side, I also don't see anything bad on fistpumping after UE and people should stop calling players "annoying" because I think we even couldn't find more as 20 players from TOP 200 which wasn't called "annoying" here at least once (and actually their behaviour isn't bad:shrug:

darkangel23
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Anna :yeah:

Magda :hug:

Drake1980
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:56 PM
:o

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 12th, 2010, 06:09 PM
What exactly is wrong with shouting a come on or allez or anything? :rolleyes: It's just a way to pump yourself up and keep the momentum going, not all can keep concentration while being like a rock (CSN springs to mind :help:). There is absolutely nothing wrong with Rezai's or Henin's allez, Anna's come on or anything else. :shrug: I don't mind those, I just hate the aggressive come ons aimed at the opponent (a la Putintseva) or the ones at 1-0 15-30 or something by MLDB.

The last paragraph ... :rolleyes:. How exactly is come on-ing acting like a 14 year old brat? :rolleyes: There is nothing wrong with that and it won't annoy many people, while you can't argue that Magda and her on-court bitchiness are classless and far more bratty than the simple fistpumping from anna and it will take someone like you to overlook that. :lol:

On-court bitchiness? Classless? Bratty?

What planet are you coming from? Are we even talking about the same player?

sammy01
Jul 12th, 2010, 06:13 PM
magda has a terrible forehand, she looks like she has no idea where it is going to land. shame because it handcuffs and brings down what is otherwise a nice game.

Petkorazzi
Jul 12th, 2010, 06:27 PM
On-court bitchiness? Classless? Bratty?

What planet are you coming from? Are we even talking about the same player?
Yeah.

And thanks for the badrep. :kiss:

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 12th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Yeah.

And thanks for the badrep. :kiss:

Well when you accuse a player of constant on court bitchiness who has no such reputation without even sighting any specific examples what do you expect? :shrug:

bgr4
Jul 12th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Good luck to Dulko or Lapushchenkova in R2! No hard feelings towards Anna by any means, I just favored Magdalena in this match. Everyone's entitled to holding a little grudge now and then ;)

Shepster
Jul 12th, 2010, 07:30 PM
You're really asking what's wrong with Come on-ing someone's mistakes? LMAO that IS aimed at the opponent and totally unsporting when it's 15-15 in the point. If you've just won the point to break for the first time in the match at 4-4 or something like that then it's understandable, but on *multiple* occasions today Anna would be doing it on back to back points early in games. It's pathetic and I've seen professionals say it's a no-no on a tennis court - it's called etiquette.

The last paragraph ... :rolleyes:. How exactly is come on-ing acting like a 14 year old brat? :rolleyes: There is nothing wrong with that and it won't annoy many people
And now you're acting like that was all she was doing, very obvious what you did there, reduce it down to one thing to try to deflect. Shoddy attempt. Aside from the come ons she's squealing and shouting when she doesn't win the point repeatedly, that's acting like a brat because you're throwing the toys out of the pram when things don't go your way.
while you can't argue that Magda and her on-court bitchiness are classless and far more bratty than the simple fistpumping from anna and it will take someone like you to overlook that. :lol:
Actually I can if you want to get in to it, but you clearly don't want to or you'd be giving examples and talking about Magda's behaviour today to back it up. I've seen the girl in person play 6 matches playing well and badly, winning and losing so I know all about what she's like on court and I know what the most you can accuse her of is (but I doubt you do ;)). But then again you're only talking in vague, sweeping, broad terms because anything on a tennis court can be construed as "bitchiness" (I've even seen slow play to called being bitchy on court :lol:) and on *top* of that you are clearly bringing this non-issue (which it is because it has nothing to do with Tatishvili's demeanour) up to try to mask what is absolutely obvious for all to see in Anna's behaviour on court. It's a defence mechanism and like I said it's really transparent.

Derek.
Jul 12th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Been a long time coming, Anna. ;)

Kevin.
Jul 12th, 2010, 09:04 PM
I was at FWB and saw her against Ferguson...she definitely has game..definitely fist pumped after every point :lol:

fouc
Jul 12th, 2010, 10:15 PM
btw, it's 3rd time in last 12 months that she won being 0-6 down :eek:

ce
Jul 12th, 2010, 10:20 PM
:yeah:

Foals.
Jul 12th, 2010, 11:07 PM
WTF Magda? These losses are becoming inexplicable and worrying. :help: Please don't end up slumping for the rest of the year.

Borishynikov
Jul 12th, 2010, 11:23 PM
I was at FWB and saw her against Ferguson...she definitely has game..definitely fist pumped after every point :lol:

Fist-pumping/'cmon'ing to yourself is one thing, staring down the opponent aka Stepanek, or doing it loud enough to be heard by your opponent is crossing the line..

Natash.
Jul 13th, 2010, 01:07 AM
I've never ever seen Magda act "bitchy" or anything like that. :shrug: She's pretty calm on court whenever I've seen her.

Anna T :yeah: