PDA

View Full Version : Prague QR3: L. Ungur d. T. Paszek 62 32 ret

Xian
Jul 12th, 2010, 09:28 AM
well even though it was by retirement Tamira is still in a horrible form. First Klepac now Ungur. Some years ago this match would have lasted maybe 45 minutes. What a waste of talent Tamira :help:

Jorn
Jul 12th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Tamira :sad: Get well soon!

Did somebody see or hear on the Bet365.com webcam what was wrong with Tamira?

(I had some computer problems and saw only after she lost...)

Asif_Nawaz
Jul 12th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Mimi :(

I really thought she'd qualify.

Petkorazzi
Jul 12th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Tamira was fine from what I saw. :unsure: Though she led 2-0 when I last checked, maybe soemthing must have happened.

She's playing bad, but Ungur was amazing :worship: Such clean groundies and good serve.

thadeuss
Jul 12th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Liana :bounce:

Did somebody see or hear on the Bet365.com webcam what was wrong with Tamira?

The commentator said it was the heat but she seemed fine to me... :shrug:

Slutiana
Jul 12th, 2010, 10:25 AM
So annoyed I missed this. :( Liana has been in such great form recently, make some noise in the main draw!

*Jean*
Jul 12th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Tamira :sad:

iPatty
Jul 12th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Liana :worship: Her results have really picked up so much this year.

A_Skywalker
Jul 12th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Liana :worship: Her results have really picked up so much this year.

The best tennis forum (http://tenniscomment.com/) for mens and womens tennis. Included challengers and futures discussions too.
Winning when the opponent retires isnt picked up.

Slutiana
Jul 12th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Winning when the opponent retires isnt picked up.:weirdo: Well firstly she was winning when Paszek threw in the towel, and secondly he was referring to the fact that she has risen by like 200 places this year and has just reached a CHR.

Andiyan
Jul 12th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Liana :cheer: Nice achievement, sorry for Tamira though.

iPatty
Jul 12th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Winning when the opponent retires isnt picked up.

I love ignorant posters. I was going to rip you apart but Slutiana already stole my prize. :(

Petkorazzi
Jul 12th, 2010, 03:53 PM
:happy:

Hian
Jul 12th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Tamira :hug:
Congratulations Liana :)

joe87
Jul 12th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Tamira :sad:

Hope she'll be fine for Gastein.

Randy H
Jul 12th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Liana :) Sorry it was through retirement but pleased to see her recent challenger success also translating into a nice effort qualifying for a WTA event :)

Jorn
Jul 12th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Tami lead 2-0 in set 2, but got heat sick...

Mana
Jul 12th, 2010, 08:44 PM
I know this is off topic, but I when I saw Timara in Auckland in January... she looked horrible. Totally out of shape, just hitting the ball with out any direction. Spraying FH's into the stands. Was a dive fest.

And her serve was just :help:

I some how hope she can get back to her best form. Because where she is right now is just sad.

edificio
Jul 12th, 2010, 09:08 PM
I think the heat was getting to her (to Tamira, that is). She was walking quite slowly. She started playing a little better in the second set, but I think she didn't feel she could make it through three sets in the heat. Tamira has lost a good amount of weight, and I'm not sure she will satisfy those fans of tennis for ladies' breasts anymore. However, even though she lost weight, she was definitely bothered by the heat. Ungur was just too good in the first set anyway. Deserving win.

Borishynikov
Jul 12th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Tamira has lost a good amount of weight, and I'm not sure she will satisfy those fans of tennis for ladies' breasts anymore.

I thought she may have even had the Halep surgery!

Took an medical timeout after the first set, had her thigh massaged but it was mostly to rub a bag of ice over as much of her as she could to cool down. Yet at the same time, she was scoffing dehydrating energy drinks... Quick burst of energy got her to 2-0 but then she faded again, gave up when broken for the second time in a row. Pretty lame effort, perhaps the weight loss campaign has sapped her strength, but like Pliskova said, it was only 32C, a temperature that a pro player should be able to handle, nothing like 40C in Melbourne...