PDA

View Full Version : Alona Bondarenko marries her coach

Slutiana
Jul 10th, 2010, 10:44 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted.

Ukrainian Alona Bondarenko marries her coach

Reported on July 10, 2010

Alona Bondarenko married her coach Nikolay Dyachok on Thursday, reports Ukraine's Gazeta newspaper.

The couple tied the knot at a registrar's office in jeans and T-shirts that said "Just Married."

"As athletes we have to get married in something sporty," said Bondarenko, 25. "[We] didn't want pompous outfits."

The two also held a reception on Saturday for 300 guests and will take a honeymoon in Crete next week.

:lol::lol:

iPatty
Jul 10th, 2010, 10:46 PM
Honeymoon in Crete. :hearts: Where my parents went for theirs.

Congratulations to them.

Mynarco
Jul 10th, 2010, 10:47 PM
Awwwwwwww :inlove:

Marionated
Jul 10th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Congratulations!

Gallofa
Jul 10th, 2010, 11:01 PM
Am I the only one who thinks is a bit creepy when players marry their coaches? It's a teacher-student kind of relationship gone wrong.

As a professor, I think it would be absolutely inappropriate for me to get together with one of my students. Even if we were close in age... I don't know. Maybe it's just me.

In any case, I wish Alona Bondarenko happyness in her marriage.

Serenita
Jul 10th, 2010, 11:03 PM
Congrats !!

Mike_T
Jul 10th, 2010, 11:22 PM
http://mycityua.com/userfiles/w4edd450.jpg

DragonFlame
Jul 10th, 2010, 11:31 PM
a wedding without a dress or a suit is just... :o

Viktymise
Jul 10th, 2010, 11:35 PM
I never doubted that Alona's off-court character was just as zany as her on-court one.

Herbert
Jul 10th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Am I the only one who thinks is a bit creepy when players marry their coaches? It's a teacher-student kind of relationship gone wrong.

As a professor, I think it would be absolutely inappropriate for me to get together with one of my students. Even if we were close in age... I don't know. Maybe it's just me.

I think he's been her boyfriend much longer than he's been her supposed coach. He's basically the coach because he was her boyfriend already and she doesn't want to bother with a real coach....as far as I know.

Ellery
Jul 10th, 2010, 11:37 PM
Congrats Alona!

tenn_ace
Jul 10th, 2010, 11:41 PM
a wedding without a dress or a suit is just... :o

for a woman it is better than to marry an obvious queen... if you know whay I mean :wavey:

Infiniti2001
Jul 10th, 2010, 11:43 PM

Girls going nuts on their dress and wedding day is useless as far as I am concerned. I love this :lol:

Volcana
Jul 10th, 2010, 11:47 PM
Am I the only one who thinks is a bit creepy when players marry their coaches?No you're not the only one. The first thing I did was check to see how old she was, and while I was doing that, I was wondering how long he'd been her coach, and how young she was when he started sleeping with her. It goes unspoken, mostly, but there's a lot of sexual exploitation of the teen players by old male coaches on the tour. (The Meghann Shaugnessy situation was one of the few that got really public.)

Chakvenus
Jul 10th, 2010, 11:47 PM
congrats to A-Bond!!
i wonder if she had a custom set of ghetto nails made for the occasion??

Albireo
Jul 10th, 2010, 11:54 PM
No you're not the only one. The first thing I did was check to see how old she was, and while I was doing that, I was wondering how long he'd been her coach, and how young she was when he started sleeping with her. It goes unspoken, mostly, but there's a lot of sexual exploitation of the teen players by old male coaches on the tour. (The Meghann Shaugnessy situation was one of the few that got really public.)

Can't say it enough: everyone on this forum should read Mewshaw's Ladies of the Court.

Libertango
Jul 10th, 2010, 11:55 PM
She looked really hot on the day. I personally find it really refreshing when people make zero effort for their wedding day :yeah: Congrats to the happy couple.

networthy
Jul 11th, 2010, 12:26 AM
He kinda looks like he's packing, if you know what I mean...

Julian
Jul 11th, 2010, 01:09 AM
Umm congrats? lol

Tennis Fool
Jul 11th, 2010, 01:43 AM
No you're not the only one. The first thing I did was check to see how old she was, and while I was doing that, I was wondering how long he'd been her coach, and how young she was when he started sleeping with her. It goes unspoken, mostly, but there's a lot of sexual exploitation of the teen players by old male coaches on the tour. (The Meghann Shaugnessy situation was one of the few that got really public.)
Whatever happened to Meghann :scratch:
Also, I think Myskina used to date one of her coaches--who's she inevitably yell at when she was down in a match...

Regarding teacher-student relationships, this has happened throughout history. You see it on the collegiate level; you see it with therapists and their patients...

Kovalchuk
Jul 11th, 2010, 02:59 AM
he's more a sparring partner than a coach at first i think, and it's only 2 years age differnce.

anyway, congrats Alona

Just Do It
Jul 11th, 2010, 03:04 AM
His shoes :sobbing:

KournikovaFan91
Jul 11th, 2010, 03:07 AM
he's more a sparring partner than a coach at first i think, and it's only 2 years age differnce.

anyway, congrats Alona

Exactly, 2 years is hardly taking advantage, I dunno why people insist on making this into something sleazy :shrug:

Congrats Alona :yeah:

Love the outfits, how unique :lol:

Alexj
Jul 11th, 2010, 03:07 AM
His shoes :sobbing:

but her shoes :hearts: :drool:

twight6
Jul 11th, 2010, 03:09 AM

Whatever happened to Meghann :scratch:
Also, I think Myskina used to date one of her coaches--who's she inevitably yell at when she was down in a match...

Regarding teacher-student relationships, this has happened throughout history. You see it on the collegiate level; you see it with therapists and their patients...

I agree that it's creepy. Same with a lot of teacher/student relationships. Especially with the molestation, explotation, etc. that goes on.

However, my mother (senior in high school) had my father (first year teaching) as a teacher when she was 17/18 and he was 22/23 and they dated, then got married, and remain married after 32 years. So, it's not always "creepy" ;)

DualMedia
Jul 11th, 2010, 03:13 AM
I thought she was an lesbian!

well, congrats to her!

Infiniti2001
Jul 11th, 2010, 03:35 AM
Apparently the dude was her boyfriend before he began coaching her. That to me not at all creepy as say actual coaches/teachers with their younger pupils/students :shrug:

Slutati
Jul 11th, 2010, 03:44 AM
tatiana :sad::bigcry:

cosmoose
Jul 11th, 2010, 03:48 AM
Congrats Alona!

btw, don't change your name!!! Alona Dyachok is just weird to me! ;)

Ryan
Jul 11th, 2010, 03:50 AM
Can't say it enough: everyone on this forum should read Mewshaw's Ladies of the Court.

Fantastic book. :bowdown:

A lot of the time, for lower-ranked players, your boyfriend gets the label coach so he has access to places regular boyfriends/hangers-on can't go. He books your practice times and hits with you, but a lot of them don't do much coaching.

edificio
Jul 11th, 2010, 04:31 AM
Congrats to her. Cute idea with the outfits. Wish I was going on vacation to Crete.

kittyking
Jul 11th, 2010, 05:20 AM
Okay thats kinda ewww

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 11th, 2010, 08:32 AM

thats the main reason why there's so many parents involved on the WTA Tour.

JackFrost
Jul 11th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Yeah, I think the problem is often, that young players don´t have that much opportunity to meet boys/girls outside of the tennis business. Most time of the day, they see only their trainers and other tennis players. It´s a world in itself.
That´s why there are so many couples between trainers and players or between two tennis professionals.
Nontheless congratulations to Alona and her husband.

pav
Jul 11th, 2010, 09:12 AM
Congratulation Alona, but as someone else wrote, the buggers shoes:eek:

TennisFan66
Jul 11th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Congratulations to her/them ... :aparty: ..

But should this not be player forum and not a GM thread?

hdfb
Jul 11th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Alona is hot and her husband is reeeally cute! Saw them a lot at Hobart.

PolishLunatiq
Jul 11th, 2010, 09:36 AM
all the best for her and her husband<lol>

Sammy Stones
Jul 11th, 2010, 09:56 AM
http://mycityua.com/userfiles/w4edd450.jpg

doesn't matter that they chose something casual for marrying, but where I'm from, the combination of skinny jeans + those shoes screams venezuelan hooker.

Hakapeszi
Jul 11th, 2010, 11:13 AM
What is her name now?

toxina90
Jul 11th, 2010, 11:20 AM
doesn't matter that they chose something casual for marrying, but where I'm from, the combination of skinny jeans + those shoes screams venezuelan hooker.

:spit: :o

Libertango
Jul 11th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Okay thats kinda ewww

Two people getting married?

sammy01
Jul 11th, 2010, 11:35 AM
What is her name now?

helen

anyway im happy for her, her BF is hot, shes hot, they obviously have a sense of humour about things.

Zébulon
Jul 11th, 2010, 12:12 PM
How weird must it be to have your husband boss you around during training while at the same time you're the one paying him. :scratch:

Keaka
Jul 11th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Like the outfits,really...who says you have to be in a fancy wedding dress? The standards? Pathetic:)

I always thought she's a lesbian though, this surprises me? But congratulations..

LCS
Jul 11th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Wouldn't think of Alona as the t-shirt kind :lol: Congrats though :)

hdfb
Jul 11th, 2010, 12:41 PM
How did people ever think Alona was a lesbian? I never saw any signs...

timafi
Jul 11th, 2010, 12:49 PM
he's got cool looking shoes:shrug:

congrats I guess:yeah:

Chakvenus
Jul 11th, 2010, 02:48 PM
waaaaait!
(hopefully) she will remain on the tour as Alona Bondarenko, right??
or did she take his last name?? i kinda hope not because her last name is one of the best!

Libertango
Jul 11th, 2010, 02:50 PM
What on earth made ANYONE think Alona was a lesbian?!

Hachiko
Jul 11th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Congrats Alona. Her taste in clothes and tattoos is questionable but she has such a beautiful game.
I remember a poster "outed" Alona in another thread for allegedly locking lips with WTA player Galina Fokina.

Monzanator
Jul 11th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Those lesbian comments on Alona :tape: She was dating him for quite a while but I guess nobody noticed ;) Anyway, now that Alona is married and obviously Zahlavova Strycova as well, we need Zvonareva to get some action here. Therefore the three biggest imploders on tour have somebody to cool their temper :p

Then there's always this French girl nobody gives a damn anymore :lol:

Mike_T
Jul 11th, 2010, 05:26 PM
What is her name now? Alona Nomore

Richie's
Jul 11th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Is it true? I mean.... Congrats Alona. Bad for us...

JackFrost
Jul 11th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Her name is now Alona Leaveher. But her husband is from china and she will take chinese nationality, too.
So you can call her Leaveher Alona. You know, Lastname first.

shoparound
Jul 11th, 2010, 10:38 PM
Those lesbian comments on Alona :tape: She was dating him for quite a while but I guess nobody noticed ;) Anyway, now that Alona is married and obviously Zahlavova Strycova as well, we need Zvonareva to get some action here. Therefore the three biggest imploders on tour have somebody to cool their temper :p

Does Zvonareva get no action from her model hitting partner??

I also remember when Amber Liu married Michael Cheng, didn't they have a big age difference?

Monzanator
Jul 11th, 2010, 10:41 PM
I'm talking about marriage and Vera is still on the other side on this one ;)

matthias
Jul 11th, 2010, 10:59 PM
as i saw the thread-title i tought "Rafa font de mora" :lol:

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jul 11th, 2010, 11:21 PM

I find it somewhat creepy as well

M.A.S.L.
Jul 11th, 2010, 11:26 PM
When I saw the pic on saturday, I didn't believe it.
But now I know that ist's true , :bounce: CONGRATULATIONS ALONA !!!! :bounce:

hurricanejeanne
Jul 12th, 2010, 12:52 AM
Congrats Alona! :D
I am so not surprised that they did the t-shirt and jeans courthouse route. :rolls:

And I hope she keeps her maiden name.

Midnight_Robber
Jul 12th, 2010, 12:56 AM
What on earth made ANYONE think Alona was a lesbian?!

That's the nature of TF with half the posters on here rubbing their hands together at the idea of undercover lesbian action or whatever, and 'spying' for those secret signs around every corner. :rolleyes: :lol:

Anyway - congrats I guess, though not sure what to think about the whole coach-student set-up... :help: Genuinely hope it works out for her and that's she happy.

Sammo
Jul 12th, 2010, 02:26 AM

Oh come on, the guy looks like 2 or 3 years older than her! But yeah Meghann Shaughnessy's situation was way weird, the guy was like 25 years older

hellas719
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:34 AM
I hope she keeps her maiden name :p
Otherwise could we still say "The Bondarenko Sisters"?

hellas719
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:35 AM
Honeymoon in Crete :hearts:
My great-grandmother was born there :p
But she moved to Athens at a young age so I have no relatives in Crete :(

Juju Nostalgique
Jul 12th, 2010, 10:33 AM

ˇGallofita, cuanto tiempo! :hearts: :bowdown:

Estoy completamente de acuerdo contigo. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Borishynikov
Jul 13th, 2010, 12:19 AM
But yeah Meghann Shaughnessy's situation was way weird, the guy was like 25 years older

It's not unique to tennis though... Mark Webber (F1)'s partner is his manager, and she is about 15yrs older than him!

Bronx19
Jul 13th, 2010, 07:17 AM
How can this ever work properly? Your honey and your money....

kiwialicat
Jul 13th, 2010, 09:12 AM
It's not unique to tennis though... Mark Webber (F1)'s partner is his manager, and she is about 15yrs older than him!

really? I knew he was married but not that she was much older than him.

Sexysova
Jul 13th, 2010, 10:28 AM
congrats Alona, be happy :D

Bella Kapa
Jul 13th, 2010, 02:58 PM
guys could you inform me when is the date of alona's honeymoon in crete?

Borishynikov
Jul 13th, 2010, 03:50 PM
really? I knew he was married but not that she was much older than him.

Don't think they are married, just long-term partners (since he was 19) but she's 13yrs older than him.

KournikovaFan91
Jul 13th, 2010, 04:24 PM
I really didn't think F1 guys had long term partners :lol: I assumed they were all playboy types with different women all the time. :lol:

Im so judgemental.

Hakapeszi
Aug 25th, 2010, 08:00 PM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/javaImages/94/4e/0,,12781~8998548,00.jpg

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/javaImages/87/4e/0,,12781~8998535,00.jpg

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/javaImages/8c/4e/0,,12781~8998540,00.jpg

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/javaImages/81/4e/0,,12781~8998529,00.jpg