PDA

View Full Version : Budapest SF: Szavay def. Dulgheru 6-1 5-7 7-5

Ferg
Jul 10th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Agi should have finished it at 6-1 *5-4 :lol: Hope she wins tomorrow, 2 hours and 45 minutes.

Lovely exchange at the net!

Alex :hug: Win Prague next please!

Imperfect Angel
Jul 10th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Alex :( Almost pulled it through but too bad.:(
Agi :cheer: Good luck defending.:p

Slutiana
Jul 10th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Only managed to catch the second set from Dulgheru being *4-2 up. Unreal choke from Szavay at *5-4, couldn't keep even the safest, most routine balls in play. :hysteric:

Drine
Jul 10th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Congrats Agi, in front of home crowd, that's great http://www.vvdrienerlo.nl/smileys/95.gif

Keadz
Jul 10th, 2010, 02:44 PM
The end of the match was pretty good.

Alex fighting like crazy as usual, Agnes choking like crazy as usual, disapointed with the result though.

Lose to Patty in the final please Agnes...

delicatecutter
Jul 10th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Agi only plays well at MM Budapest. :tape:

Six Feet Under
sweet net hug
pretty scrappy match
nice few points too finish

thadeuss
Szavay's moonballs were very effective in this match:o She moonballed everything in the 2nd and 3rd set
Just can't believe how could Dulgheru lose a match against a player like this:tape:

Sassy-Na
Warsaw goat :hug:

Sassy-Na
Jul 10th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Szavay's moonballs were very effective in this match:o
Just can't beleve how could Dulgheru lose a match against a player like this:tape:

lost to a better moonballer :shrug:

#kArLoS#
Jul 10th, 2010, 02:47 PM
:cheer:

Carotastrophe
Budapest-Goat :cheer:

Carotastrophe
lost to a better moonballer :shrug:

This. ;)

#kArLoS#
Jul 10th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Szavay's moonballs were very effective in this match:o She moonballed everything in the 2nd and 3rd set
Just can't believe how could Dulgheru lose a match against a player like this:tape:

Did you see the 1st set? I´m sure Agi had way more winners than Dulgheru ;)

Mixal
Jul 10th, 2010, 02:48 PM
My god, great example of wta chokefest and drama. I thought it would never end and I only watched the last set and a half. I think Szavay has no clue how she won it in the end :lol:

So many opportunities, long rallies, moonballs (or was that also in Dulko-Rezai match :lol:), pathetic mistakes, Dulgheru was so pissed after some misses. Szavay finally closed the match after 3rd or 4th match point, while Dulgheru had a break point in the last game too. Of course, she could've closed it in two.

So, go Szavay :bounce: But please improve your game :tape:

Btw, was she really good in the 1st set? 6-1 on clay vs. Dulgheru :scratch:

iGOAT
Jul 10th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Wow, what a match :worship:.

Alex :tape: really choked it, but I don't mind ;).

Ági :inlove: she played so well at first, really should have won easier, but she played alright at the end too, pushing when she needed and the difference between her and Dulgheru was that Ági found the right opportunities to attack. Queen of Budapest :).

Alex :hug: I'm sure you will win more, just not at Budapest hopefully ;).

I know this is looking way ahead, but hopefully Ági can repeat this win in Prague next week :angel:.

Rematch of last year's final likely. Hajra Ági :rocker2:!

iGOAT
Jul 10th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Well did you watch? That "player like this" completely outplayed Dulgheru at first and then had better nerves in the end. Beat her both ways :shrug:.

iGOAT
Jul 10th, 2010, 02:51 PM
My god, great example of wta chokefest and drama. I thought it would never end and I only watched the last set and a half. I think Szavay has no clue how she won it in the end :lol:

So many opportunities, long rallies, moonballs (or was that also in Dulko-Rezai match :lol:), pathetic mistakes, Dulgheru was so pissed after some misses. Szavay finally closed the match after 3rd or 4th match point, while Dulgheru had a break point in the last game too. Of course, she could've closed it in two.

So, go Szavay :bounce: But please improve your game :tape:

Btw, was she really good in the 1st set? 6-1 on clay vs. Dulgheru :scratch:
Yes. The only reason it went three was because Ági choked epicly. The first set play was amazing :hearts: hopefully Ági can remember that form tomorrow.

LefandePatty
Jul 10th, 2010, 02:51 PM
well done Agi! :yeah:

thadeuss
Jul 10th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Did you see the 1st set? I´m sure Agi had way more winners than Dulgheru ;)

I was talking about the 2nd and the 3rd set not the 1st set. I highly doubt that, Dulgheru was in control most of the match (except 1st set) and she moved Szavay all over the court. But Szavay did had some very nice winners:) and a great defence....

thadeuss
Jul 10th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Yes. The only reason it went three was because Ági choked epicly. The first set play was amazing :hearts: hopefully Ági can remember that form tomorrow.

The only reason Agi won is because Dulgheru was tired after playing 7 matches in Budapest and many were close to 3h, and she also twisted her ankle against Sevastova :o otherwise Agi would have lost today

allrounder
Jul 10th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Well done Agi :yeah: I hope she can defend her title now tomorrow :)

Alex :hug:

In the first set she played well by being aggressive and serving consistently whilst Dulgheru was a little below par.

In the second set Alex picked up her game and wasn't making as many UE's while a few began to creep into Agi's game. Towards the end of the set though Agi's game dipped alarmingly after failing to serve it out at *5-4 and she just made error after error to lose the set.

In the final set the quality was pretty low allround and both players were playing very passively and looked tired. Agi came up with a few good points to get the break and then stumbled over the line on her 4th MP :lol:

#kArLoS#
Jul 10th, 2010, 03:01 PM
I was talking about the 2nd and the 3rd set not the 1st set. I highly doubt that, Dulgheru was in control most of the match (except 1st set) and she moved Szavay all over the court. But Szavay did had some very nice winners:) and a great defence....

I´m talking about the entire match too,Dulgheru usually failed when she tried to attack..

#kArLoS#
Jul 10th, 2010, 03:05 PM
The only reason Agi won is because Dulgheru was tired after playing 7 matches in Budapest and many were close to 3h, and she also twisted her ankle against Sevastova :o otherwise Agi would have lost today

Don´t be delusional,Dulgheru was lucky to get as closer to the win as she was

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 10th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Quite a match. I don't think honestly either player will be very happy with how they played at yet they both competed very well. I know that sounds like a contradiction, but what was admirable about both players is that neither threw in the towel despite how fustrated they both must have been inwardly with their games.

After the 1st set neither player was able to to regularly hit through the other player which led to some long grueling rallies. In fact more often than not the winner of most of the points was the player that didn't go for the winner and played it safe.

Both girls made a lot of errors. But they were of quite a different nature. Alex's errors came almost exclusively when she decided to take matters into her own hands and go for a winner. Almost invariable, whatever the circumstances, she missed. Yet Alex was able to stay in the match because she missed far less than Agnes when hitting rallying shots. Agnes also hit a substantial amount of errors when going for winners but overall she was still very much better when trying to hit a winner than her opponent, although one could say she could hardly have been worse. Agnes did just miss on a great many rallying shots as well.

In the end it was a fair result that the player who was having a success rate of I would guess maybe 40% when trying to hit winners beat the player who was having a success rate of around I'd say 15%. But this would have been a disappointing result for whoever lost this match as both girls were very much there for the taking.

With that in mind it was a lovely embrace at the net and yet another example of how sporting Alex is in defeat. I don't think Alex will lose much sleep over this match but she will be concerned at her failure in this match to hit her target with her shots time and time again. Alex didn't play very well thoughout the tournament in truth and it was only her great fighting qualities that got her as far as the semis and only a few points from the final.

As for Agnes, she too showed some great resilience even if like her opponent she also showed some brittleness on the big points. But unlike Alex, Agnes came through the ordeal and lives to fight the final. She will almost certainly have to play better in that final than she did today but she is very capable of doing so. I think the fact that she survived should a mentally taxing match will give her a lot of heart too. Congrats to her. Lovely reaction at the end by her too. :yeah:

I´m talking about the entire match too,Dulgheru usually failed when she tried to attack..

Understatement. Hopefully Alex will play better next week.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jul 10th, 2010, 04:32 PM
:bounce:
Now defend your title Agnes!

LeonHart
Jul 10th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Alex :sad:

Get some rest girl.

Hakapeszi
Jul 10th, 2010, 04:53 PM
:bounce:
Now defend your title Agnes!

http://www.tennisforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=55532&stc=1&d=1278780194

I hope she will

Fired
Jul 10th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Good job Agi! Take the title home!

cn ireland
Jul 10th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Good win Agnes:bounce:!

GL in the final:)

Chakvenus
Jul 10th, 2010, 06:30 PM
well good fight, Agi!!
(please lose to Patty, tho...)

Patrick345
Jul 10th, 2010, 06:40 PM
If you started this match with 5000 Euros on Szavay and knew what they were doing, you´d easily be a multi millionaire right about know. It´s time some gambling commission looks into these games. I´m sorry the way they took turns putting together a dozen of the most ridiculous unforced errors in the 2nd set is insane. This went from 6-1 (Dulgheru looks dead tired) to 1-4 (Szavay couldn´t keep a ball in play) to 5-4* (serving for the match) to 5-7 (oops DF rebreak) and then I just stopped, but I heard the took turns in the 3rd set as well. This whole "they are all psychos"-stick is ridiculous.

Herbert
Jul 10th, 2010, 06:55 PM
hi ElT :wavey:

good win for Szavay. Good luck for the final

hankqq
Jul 10th, 2010, 07:35 PM
alright Agnes! :cool: :yeah: great win for her to beat clay demon Dulgheru!
bring it home baby! :rocker2:

Petkorazzi
Jul 10th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Szavay's game on clay is just too beautiful. She had a horrible attitude throughout the second and third sets (I didnt see the first) and I was disgusted but she was so motivated towards the end :inlove:

Valanga
Jul 10th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Agi :inlove: the player who can make winners won :)
Alex's indulgence into LONG rallies made me :yawn:

rucolo
Jul 10th, 2010, 10:30 PM
Finally another final for Agnes!:):yeah:

Alexandra :hug:

Close match. Big fight by both.
They looked really tired in the end.
Hot day, tough conditions to play.
Nice hug at the net.

http://www.tennisforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=55532&stc=1&d=1278780194

I hope she will

Hope so too!;)

iGOAT
Jul 10th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Szavay's game on clay is just too beautiful. She had a horrible attitude throughout the second and third sets (I didnt see the first) and I was disgusted but she was so motivated towards the end :inlove:
Wow, if you thought her game in the second and third sets was beautiful on clay you would have been stunned by the first!!