PDA

View Full Version : Zvonareva Moment on TTC, at 2008 Doha Final

tennisbum79
Jul 9th, 2010, 12:34 AM
The Tennis Channel is showing 2008 Doha Final, and Vera just completely lost it.
Sat down on the baseline smacked her racket on the floor.

danieln1
Jul 9th, 2010, 01:18 AM
Video

tennisbum79
Jul 9th, 2010, 01:25 AM
Video
It was on The Tennis Channel ,I di not capture the video.
It could be on youtube

Vera won the first set in a tie-breaker after Venus had taken the lead 5-1.
The metldown happened in the 2nd set.

In the end venus 6-7 6-0 6-2

Sammy Stones
Jul 9th, 2010, 07:47 AM
video or gtfo.

barboza
Jul 9th, 2010, 07:50 AM
I was watching the last two games of this match on TTC. Unfortunately I didn't catch Vera smacking her racket :(

the_tk
Jul 9th, 2010, 09:37 AM
You should see her in last year US open against Pennetta

edificio
Jul 9th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Yeah, I remember this. Venus should have taken that first set too. Even after all of Pam's Vera is a headcase no more, well, she still is. However, she plays tennis pretty well, despite that!

She kind of fell over, sobbed, and sat on the ground for a few seconds.

goldenlox
Jul 9th, 2010, 02:15 PM
In Russian Roulette, we would talk about this in 2003-6, how showing so much emotion might hurt her career.

But now Vera has a Wimbledon final, YEC final, IW title, AO SF, and this is with a bad wrist 3 years ago that made her miss months, and last years ankle injury when she was top 5.

So Vera has learned to win even while being emotional.

rockstar
Jul 9th, 2010, 02:51 PM
video or gtfo.

this

tennisbum79
Jul 9th, 2010, 03:26 PM
In Russian Roulette, we would talk about this in 2003-6, how showing so much emotion might hurt her career.

But now Vera has a Wimbledon final, YEC final, IW title, AO SF, and this is with a bad wrist 3 years ago that made her miss months, and last years ankle injury when she was top 5.

So Vera has learned to win even while being emotional.
You have an usual capability to find a silver lining in every situation, by restatting the circumstances; then suddenly what appeared bad at first, come out looking good.

It is a gift, all good mothers have!