PDA

View Full Version : Brussels exhibition: Kim def Serena 63 62

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jul 8th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Boring as hell, Serena hardly tried :o
But good job Kim!

maddogz48
Jul 8th, 2010, 07:57 PM
:lol: Some people actually thought Serena would take an exho seriously.

I hope Serena has to face Clisters at the U.S. Open next month, then everyone will see a match.

young_gunner913
Jul 8th, 2010, 07:57 PM
:lol: Good thing I didnt bother watching. I knew she wouldn't care that much.

Cakeisgood
Jul 8th, 2010, 07:58 PM
I'm surprised they didn't drag it out to three sets. Serena was legit not moving.

supergrunt
Jul 8th, 2010, 07:59 PM
wow kim really whooped her good there was nothing serena could do- truly a masterclass performance from kim! :worship:

Hashim.
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:01 PM
More like the worst of the world:lol:

Congrats Kim:)
Serena..enjoy the pay check;)

Arnian
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:01 PM
grats Kim?

VishaalMaria
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Serena really barely tries in regular WTA tour events, I'm surprised she did what she did in this exhibition.

n1_and_uh_noone
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Utterly dominant! Kim's gotta be the top contender at the USO in this kind of form :lol:

narutos
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Serena, just retire:lol:

Lulu.
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Well I'm glad thats over. :lol:

Serena, get your check and catch the first flight out of there please.

Oizo
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Any news about how many people attended the match?

Cam'ron Giles
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Serena just text me:
"boo...google me a check cashing place in Bursel or whatever..."

Dominic
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:13 PM
:lol: Some people actually thought Serena would take an exho seriously.

I hope Serena has to face Clisters at the U.S. Open next month, then everyone will see a match.

Yeah I know. she's so not thankful to the sport, it was very predictable.

Kworb
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Serena's foot was bleeding or something, she couldn't move. Schiavone was there as back-up.

debby
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:17 PM
35 000 people at least attended the match.

Larrybidd
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:18 PM
This is crazy. Why would any smart player take an exo seriously? People get hurt in exho's - Kimmie got hurt during Fed cup - and a hurt player is losing lots of money, both for them and their entourages.

Just for a moment put yourself in the shoes of one of these players. How much money is Henin losing from what seemed like to me to be a rather benign fall in her match at Wimby? No money in the US open tour, or the big one - no US open prize money. How much do you suppose that adds up to. Now also consider the people on Henin's team. Does she keep paying them while she's not earning? Why would a smart player risk that headache during an exo?

Exo's are good for one thing - the chance to get an autograph. Don't blame the players for the fact that they are using common sense and some of you aren't.

n1_and_uh_noone
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Kimmie got hurt during Fed cup.

Does she keep paying them while she's not earning?

Seriously, is this the best you can do? Fed Cup is not an exhibition, for one. And you seriously think somebody like Justine needs the cash from a couple of months of tour play that badly?

Cam'ron Giles
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Then why take the money if you cant give the folks paying hard earned money a good show? For some people it's a once in a lifetime op...:rolleyes:

Serenaluv
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:28 PM
The new record is set at 35681. Serena needed to get some stitches because she hurt her foot.

Both will receive €750,000 for participating.

azinna
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Then why take the money if you cant give the folks paying hard earned money a good show? For some people it's a once in a lifetime op...:rolleyes:

The money isn't paid for players to perform as they would in slams or any regular WTA match. A ticket holder should be there to see them, mostly, then to see them hit strokes and some serves. Bonus if both players are laughing and joking between points.

wildemu
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:39 PM
I would've laughed if Serena won it.

Lulu.
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Serena needed to get some stitches because she hurt her foot.

How?!

treufreund
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Does Kim have some sort of voodoo doll on other players scheduled to be in this event LOL? First Justine injured now Serena getting stitches???

LUVMIRZA
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Serena:lol: bitch never tries outta grand slams

Serenaluv
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:46 PM
How?!

I'm not sure, she fell, but something very minor. No worries.

Dodoboy.
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:51 PM
5 games? :speakles:

maddogz48
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Serena's foot was bleeding or something, she couldn't move.

Hopefully Serena now rests up for U.S. Open and goes MIA until the end of August when the U.S. Open starts.
No WTT Hingis match on Friday, Istanbul, Cincinnatti or Montreal. :)

Lulu.
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:59 PM
I'm not sure, she fell, but something very minor. No worries.

Thank goodness.

Bijoux0021
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Hopefully Serena now rests up for U.S. Open and goes MIA until the end of August when the U.S. Open starts.
This.

Serenita
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:07 PM

This!!

I didnt want her to play this. Serena is needs her rest, not this shit.:o

Lulu.
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:12 PM

And go into the U.S. Open rusty as hell? No thanks, if the injury is minor she needs to rest it up a bit and play at some point beforehand. She is going to need some match play.

Sammo
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:14 PM
This is why people hate Serena :weirdo:

Rolling-Thunder
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Serena will be fine. Plus 750,000 Euros ain't a bad paycheck. She pocketed at least $2.2 million for a couple of weeks and a few extra hours of work. I would say play, have fun, don't be too serious but do try to put on a good show. That all this was: a show. They are not expected to play this like a slam people.

frenchie
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:17 PM
See you in Cincy Serena!

Serenita
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:28 PM

:hearts:

Just loving the fact, that this annoys u as hell :bounce::bounce::bounce::devil:

BlameSerena
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Serena's foot was bleeding or something, she couldn't move. Schiavone was there as back-up.

:sad::eek:
Get that fixed Serena before the USO.

Kim will have this exho to comfort her when Serena whips her at the USO. :devil:

Dominic
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:57 PM
:hearts:

Just loving the fact, that this annoys u as hell :bounce::bounce::bounce::devil:

It doesnt annoy anyone, it just makes us think that she's a total ass, and you too, for saying that.

Serenita
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:12 PM
It doesnt annoy anyone, it just makes us think that she's a total ass, and you too, for saying that.

Your an idiot;)

le bon vivant
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Will she make it home in time for Lala and Carmelo's wedding?
and wtf @ stiches on her foot?

Sammo
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:24 PM

u8gjZRGUNBk

tennisbum79
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:25 PM
I don't think you need a reason?

Sammo
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:32 PM
I don't think you need a reason?

Believe me if she had the mentality of giving 100 % each time I'd like her

fouc
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Isn't it kinda rude to show up in front of soooo many people and so visibly and obviously not care?

Galsen
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHPFz4I7-MQ
no hug for Justine , Sarin? :spit:

Andy.
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:37 PM
The not trying thing outside of slams really bothers me about Serena. It really shows her selfish side. People have played good money to see her and deserve a good show but she shows up gets this big fat check and barely runs. And of course her fans will just laugh it off with comments like "thats my girl" or "haha Serena never tries outside of slams".

Bijoux0021
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:40 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/news/story?id=5365113

Updated: July 8, 2010, 6:18 PM ET

Clijsters beats Williams in exhibition

Associated Press

BRUSSELS -- A world-record tennis crowd watched Kim Clijsters defeat Wimbledon champion Serena Williams 6-3, 6-2 in an exhibition in Brussels.

The crowd of 35,681 at King Baudouin Stadium on Thursday surpassed the previous record of 30,472 set in 1973 at the Houston Astrodome in the Battle of the Sexes match between Billie Jean King and Bobby Riggs.

Clijsters was originally scheduled to play Belgian Justine Henin, but Henin withdrew after injuring her elbow at Wimbledon. Top-ranked Williams agreed to replace Henin despite a foot injury.

The match was umpired by tennis great Martina Navratilova.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:42 PM
The not trying thing outside of slams really bothers me about Serena. It really shows her selfish side. People have played good money to see her and deserve a good show but she shows up gets this big fat check and barely runs. And of course her fans will just laugh it off with comments like "thats my girl" or "haha Serena never tries outside of slams".

yawn

then when she injures herself during these things and can't play slams and REALLY ruin her legacy let's see your sympathy then

mdterp01
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:43 PM
OMG yall...Kim is so gonna repeat as US Open champ with this result. I mean she just whooped the Wimbledon champion in straight sets 3 and 2. Wow watch out. Kim is on Fire. Serena should retire. She is just horrible and her days of winning big titles are over. :lol:

LoveFifteen
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:45 PM

:spit:

OMG. Major LOL @ the awkward "interaction" between Justine and Serena. No hug, indeed. :tape:

Dave.
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:46 PM

Associated Press

BRUSSELS -- A world-record tennis crowd watched Kim Clijsters defeat Wimbledon champion Serena Williams 6-3, 6-2 in an exhibition in Brussels.

The crowd of 35,681 at King Baudouin Stadium on Thursday surpassed the previous record of 30,472 set in 1973 at the Houston Astrodome in the Battle of the Sexes match between Billie Jean King and Bobby Riggs.

Clijsters was originally scheduled to play Belgian Justine Henin, but Henin withdrew after injuring her elbow at Wimbledon. Top-ranked Williams agreed to replace Henin despite a foot injury.

What a shame. :sad: :o :o :o

Aaron.
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:47 PM
Damn Serena you could have atleast tried for one set.. :(

Bijoux0021
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:50 PM
:nerner:

Oh, puhleeeeze! Why should she risk injuring herself at an exho? I know her detractors would love that, wouldn't you? :o :wavey:

fawnrc
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:51 PM

OMG, too funny!!

le bon vivant
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:52 PM

Oh, puhleeeeze! Why should she risk injuring herself at an exho. I know her detractors would love that, wouldn't you? :o :wavey:Nobody in this thread paid a dime for this match, so I dont know why the hell they are so indignant. Serena was hurt and she has to play WTT in a few days. Sorry for not giving 100% in a last minute exho that she actually did a favor by showing up...

fawnrc
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:56 PM
I am sure a lot of people who "hate" her for this would love to see her hurt so that their favorite player can win a slam. lol

fouc
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:59 PM
I am sure a lot of people who "hate" her for this would love to see her hurt so that their favorite player can win a slam. lol

what about people who don't hate her but think that it is very uncool to agree on playing exhos and don't give a damn there?

aisha
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:59 PM
:zzz: Expected actually. :shrug:

Bijoux0021
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:03 PM
Nobody in this thread paid a dime for this match, so I dont know why the hell they are so indignant. Serena was hurt and she has to play WTT in a few days. Sorry for not giving 100% in a last minute exho that she actually did a favor by showing up...
That's exactly what I was thinking.

You got it! :yeah:

mdterp01
:spit:

OMG. Major LOL @ the awkward "interaction" between Justine and Serena. No hug, indeed. :tape:

Child please. Serena didn't even want to fake smile toward Justine. A hug would have been expecting WAY to much!!

BuTtErFrEnA
what about people who don't hate her but think that it is very uncool to agree on playing exhos and don't give a damn there?

she wasn't even supposed to be IN the stupid thing...imo sarin did kim a favour by letting her whoop her so the belgians go home happy

this is the same woman that got beaten by oudin in an exho :lol:

exhos are hit and giggle...if you go expecting to see serious tennis then something's wrong with you

mdterp01
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:05 PM
she wasn't even supposed to be IN the stupid thing...imo sarin did kim a favour by letting her whoop her so the belgians go home happy

this is the same woman that got beaten by oudin in an exho :lol:

exhos are hit and giggle...if you go expecting to see serious tennis then something's wrong with you

THIS!!!!

Bijoux0021
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Child please. Serena didn't even want to fake smile toward Justine. A hug would have been expecting WAY to much!!
:worship:

Andy.
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:16 PM
yawn

then when she injures herself during these things and can't play slams and REALLY ruin her legacy let's see your sympathy then
Her next event is like a month away and the US Open is 2 months away. A minor foot injury shouldnt be a factor in perventing her from playing either of these events.

Gdsimmons
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Serena is probably on the plane right now to New York

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Her next event is like a month away and the US Open is 2 months away. A minor foot injury shouldnt be a factor in perventing her from playing either of these events.

:rolls: you're hilarious

so then when she can't train hard for the us open because of a minor foot injury during those 2 months then what???

get over it :lol:

Bijoux0021
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:25 PM
:rolls: you're hilarious

so then when she can't train hard for the us open because of a minor foot injury during those 2 months then what???

get over it :lol:
Then MightyMashaFan and other detractors would be happy.

mdterp01
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:28 PM

Didn't many Maria fans think her shoulder and serving yips were minor at first? :wavey:

HRHoliviasmith
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:32 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

HRHoliviasmith
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Your an idiot;)

bigtime. always whining about some shit or the other. ugh. :rolleyes:

Serendy Willick
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:51 PM
The fact that Serena hurt her foot for this crap makes me mad.

Serenaluv
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:56 PM
The fact that Serena hurt her foot for this crap makes me mad.

It could have happened in usa for that matter. It wasn't a tennis related injury.

hotandspicey
Jul 9th, 2010, 12:01 AM
Your an idiot;)

I can think of a few other names.:tape: ;) What part of she had a foot injury don't they understand?

twight6
Jul 9th, 2010, 12:03 AM

Associated Press

Of course, that explains the beat down :smash:

tennisbum79
Jul 9th, 2010, 12:03 AM
It could have happened in usa for that matter. It wasn't a tennis related injury.
How was she hurt?
What is the nature of the injury?

Andy.
Jul 9th, 2010, 12:37 AM

Oh, puhleeeeze! Why should she risk injuring herself at an exho? I know her detractors would love that, wouldn't you? :o :wavey:
Im hardly a hater I have great respect for her ability as a tennis player. I just think it wouldnt have killed her to put on a bit of a show for the croud. At the end of the day we are not going to agree so there is really not point going back and forth.

Diesel
Jul 9th, 2010, 12:46 AM
Serena and Schiavone :hug:

Craig.
Jul 9th, 2010, 01:13 AM
Didn't many Maria fans think her shoulder and serving yips were minor at first? :wavey:

Yeah, make this about Masha and her fans :weirdo:

Mary Cherry.
Jul 9th, 2010, 01:17 AM
Why was Fran there? :lol:

mdterp01
Jul 9th, 2010, 01:21 AM

Umm..I was trying to make a point, which you obviously didn't understand.

gmokb
Jul 9th, 2010, 01:24 AM
Please, this wasn't a slam.:D Come home my baby girl, its time to rest:hearts:

RenaSlam.
Jul 9th, 2010, 01:24 AM
At least she showed up. Enna.

serenafann
Jul 9th, 2010, 01:38 AM
Serena,go rest up,please.

treufreund
Jul 9th, 2010, 04:06 AM
Maybe she did not hug Justine because she was scared of the cast. Anyways, Kim gave Justine a nice hug. :D

treufreund
Jul 9th, 2010, 04:07 AM
At least she showed up. Enna.

:confused::confused: Justine was there with a huge cast on her arm. She also played her Wimbledon 4th round in pain and played at the Fed Cup with a broken pinkie. Your post is insane. :o

tennisbum79
Jul 9th, 2010, 04:09 AM
Why was Fran there? :lol:
From what I hear, in case Serena was a no-go.

Apparently, Serena had an injury on her foot.
It is not clear for those of us who did not watch how serious it was and exactly when it occurs.

tennisbum79
Jul 9th, 2010, 04:11 AM
Maybe she did not hug Justine because she was scared of the cast. Anyways, Kim gave Justine a nice hug. :D
I tought the 3 get along great, especially where they sitting in the converttible.

Justine looked really great tonight.

Larrybidd
Jul 9th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Im hardly a hater I have great respect for her ability as a tennis player. I just think it wouldnt have killed her to put on a bit of a show for the croud. At the end of the day we are not going to agree so there is really not point going back and forth.

Do you not know she had some stitches on her foot, or do you not care? She did try to put on a show. the show was marred by her having a sore foot. There's the explanation. But even if she didn't have a little problem with her foot, its still a meaningless exho, which everybody should realize up front, players aren't gonna killing themselves for a "contest" nobody will be talking about, or remember much about in 2 weeks! anybody remember the score of the Venus- Kimmie exho in MSG a few months back?

Baselinebasher
Jul 9th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Your an idiot;)

Irony.

Andy.
Jul 9th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Do you not know she had some stitches on her foot, or do you not care? She did try to put on a show. the show was marred by her having a sore foot. There's the explanation. But even if she didn't have a little problem with her foot, its still a meaningless exho, which everybody should realize up front, players aren't gonna killing themselves for a "contest" nobody will be talking about, or remember much about in 2 weeks! anybody remember the score of the Venus- Kimmie exho in MSG a few months back?
If her injury was that serious then she should have pulled out and let someone who was able to compete at close to 100% play. I know crowds pay big money for these type of events and feel they should be treated to a good show. Im not antin Serena I just think she should have either played at a good level or pulled out and let someone else play.

Vanity Bonfire
Jul 9th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Fighterrena:bowdown:

Playing fiercely for every point:hearts:. What effort!

Sha_ra_po_va
Jul 9th, 2010, 08:25 AM

I know, right? How can her so-called FANS enjoy the fact that their favourite turns up at these exhibitions (for the ordinary public who maybe can't get to the big events), doesn't try (allegedly), pockets the money and is set to disappear AGAIN for 2 months, before trying for a major (where if she loses, they can all say she was under-prepared/unlucky/robbed/beaten by her sister). After all the recent talk about serena being greatest of all-time, well, she sets her own standards, then lowers them constantly. To compare her to a Graf or Evert is simply preposterous.

Tennisation
Jul 9th, 2010, 08:27 AM
:o Do you think Serena already passed her peak and will never win another exo again?

Direwolf
Jul 9th, 2010, 08:28 AM
First Venus lost 2-6 3-6
now Serena...

Williams are doomed..!!!

seriously...

i hope shed be healed come USO

le bon vivant
Jul 9th, 2010, 08:42 AM
I know, right? How can her so-called FANS enjoy the fact that their favourite turns up at these exhibitions (for the ordinary public who maybe can't get to the big events), doesn't try (allegedly), pockets the money and is set to disappear AGAIN for 2 months, before trying for a major (where if she loses, they can all say she was under-prepared/unlucky/robbed/beaten by her sister). After all the recent talk about serena being greatest of all-time, well, she sets her own standards, then lowers them constantly. To compare her to a Graf or Evert is simply preposterous.http://www.tennisforum.com/customavatars/avatar44128_2.gif

Oh.

Lachy
Jul 9th, 2010, 08:52 AM
LoL and Navratilova was umpiring! That would have made her day.

MistyGrey
Jul 9th, 2010, 08:59 AM
:o Do you think Serena already passed her peak and will never win another exo again?

Unfortunately yes. :sad:
But I dont mind the lack of effort. Please remember that she wasnt originally scheduled to play this exho. A little more effort would've been good, but I dont think a lot of people would complain about it.

tievae
Jul 9th, 2010, 09:03 AM
:happy: Rena, you crack me up. :happy: And Martina being the chair umpire - what must she have been thinking? :spit: :happy:

Dodoboy.
Jul 9th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Kim was really intense, wish Serena made it a match at least!

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jul 9th, 2010, 09:43 AM
It's on ES right now.

Bezz
Jul 9th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Well it was nice for the fans to see these two...but the score is hardly worth mentioning....they barely try in exo's!

Dodoboy.
Jul 9th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Still some nice shots though from both. Serena wouldn't move AT ALL. On Eurosport now btw!

Mixal
Jul 9th, 2010, 10:36 AM
It was nice from Martina to confirm Serena's injury. Anyway, the speech was more interesting than match...

Yeah, that was really awkward between Serena and Justine. Plus, just before the Justine's speech Serena was making weird faces. Coincidence? Am I reading too much into this? :lol:

vejh
Jul 9th, 2010, 10:52 AM
It was nice from Martina to confirm Serena's injury. Anyway, the speech was more interesting than match...

Yeah, that was really awkward between Serena and Justine. Plus, just before the Justine's speech Serena was making weird faces. Coincidence? Am I reading too much into this? :lol:

More than likely. More than likely.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 9th, 2010, 12:32 PM
:inlove: keep the complaints coming :lol:

BluSthil
Jul 9th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Serena fans are so disengenuous. You really think Serena went to Belguim to lose to Kim ? Please... Do you think Nadal, Federer... would casually lose to anyone ? This was a big stage. Let's see what the reaction will be if Kim & Serena meet in the finals of the US Open and Kim wins again. Obviously, an exhibition is not a GS, but pride is a strong motivator, and I don't think Serena wanted to lose.

Reptilia
Jul 9th, 2010, 12:49 PM
:lol:

miffedmax
Jul 9th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Too bad exos only count when Dementieva is playing.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 9th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Serena fans are so disengenuous. You really think Serena went to Belguim to lose to Kim ? Please... Do you think Nadal, Federer... would casually lose to anyone ? This was a big stage. Let's see what the reaction will be if Kim & Serena meet in the finals of the US Open and Kim wins again. Obviously, an exhibition is not a GS, but pride is a strong motivator, and I don't think Serena wanted to lose.

:lol: this keeps getting better

Keegan
Jul 9th, 2010, 05:02 PM
I watched three points and almost fell asleep. Really boring match. I think Henin vs. Clijsters would've been much better.

friendsita
Jul 9th, 2010, 05:11 PM

she doesn't really care :rolleyes:

cellardoor
Jul 9th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Any news about how many people attended the match?

35,000. it was a record of some kind, the commentator was saying

LightWarrior
Jul 9th, 2010, 08:57 PM

You're so naive. You don't know Serena, but most of all you don't what exhibitions are all about. Serena couldn't care less. She got a big fat check though.

bandabou
Jul 9th, 2010, 09:45 PM
The way people were talking I thought it was ultra-horrible. But in fact there were some good points in the match. Only thing that made the score-line look like this was the "sudden death"-thing. At deuce, the player who won the next point won the game...and Kimmy somehow won all those points.

cellophane
Jul 9th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Is Serena still playing Martina tonight? :unsure: She is going to be all jetlagged... so there is no chance in hell it will be any better

Gdsimmons
Jul 9th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Is Serena still playing Martina tonight? :unsure: She is going to be all jetlagged... so there is no chance in hell it will be any better

No. She pulled out. They said she would do autographs and all that but is not playing

cellophane
Jul 9th, 2010, 09:55 PM
No. She pulled out. They said she would do autographs and all that but is not playing

Oh OK. Well, it's the right thing. Too bad this matchup won't happen :(

goldenlox
Jul 9th, 2010, 10:27 PM
There is someone tweeting from the WTT match.
Martina and Serena are at a sponsor's party now

Serenita
Jul 9th, 2010, 10:29 PM

Good job Serena ;)

Tennisstar86
Jul 9th, 2010, 10:30 PM
Why did Serena sign up for this if she wasnt going to try.... :lol: they must have offered her a lot of money to show up and replace Justine.

Sammo
Jul 9th, 2010, 10:32 PM
I wanted to see that match :(

cellophane
Jul 9th, 2010, 10:35 PM

Better that Serena withdrew, because we know it wasn't going to be much of a match.

LightWarrior
Jul 9th, 2010, 11:06 PM
What's even the point of going to watch an exhibition match ?

Sammo
Jul 9th, 2010, 11:08 PM
What's even the point of going to watch an exhibition match ?

What's even the point to watch an exhibition match WITH SERENA?

Becool
Jul 9th, 2010, 11:14 PM

you didn't watch did you? why the fuck are u complaining about?

Serenita
Jul 9th, 2010, 11:22 PM
you didn't watch did you? why the fuck are u complaining about?

Ikr:rolls:

LightWarrior
Jul 9th, 2010, 11:25 PM
you didn't watch did you?

Thank God no.

roelc
Jul 9th, 2010, 11:26 PM

I wanted to see A match...

I was there at the stadium but the match wasn't very exciting, even for an exhibition. looked like the show around it, and the interviews were more important than the actual match. Too bad serena had some problems, and nice of martina to bring it up, otherwise everyone would be saying "yep, there's serena collecting her check and going back home asap"

tennisbum79
Jul 9th, 2010, 11:35 PM
I wanted to see A match...

I was there at the stadium but the match wasn't very exciting, even for an exhibition. looked like the show around it, and the interviews were more important than the actual match. Too bad serena had some problems, and nice of martina to bring it up, otherwise everyone would be saying "yep, there's serena collecting her check and going back home asap"
Yes, I heard from people watching yesterday that Serena was basically going through the motion.
Which is unfortunate, given the fact there had some excitement buidling up tot the match up.
I am really disappointed that she lost, I just wish there was more of a match from Serena.

I heard she had a foot injury or problem?
Was there an indication or rumor of in the stadium about it, or you guys heard it the first time when Martina Nav mentioned it?

Was it a last minute thing

goldenlox
Jul 9th, 2010, 11:39 PM
This was supposed to be Justine-Kim.
They did a good job to keep the event alive.
They got the best player in the sport, right after she won Wimbledon.
But you couldnt expect the same intensity for this match

mykarma
Jul 9th, 2010, 11:50 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

mykarma
Jul 9th, 2010, 11:55 PM
If she really didn't care she could have stopped the match with a foot injury and if you think Serena is going to get hurt in an exhibition you're crazy. Secondly it doesn't appear as though Kim did all that much since the second match went to a tie break. Hell, Serena was a fill in anyway. It's not as though this was a commitment that she made previously. They need to thank Serena for even playing IMO.

Tennisstar86
Jul 9th, 2010, 11:59 PM
Yes, I heard from people watching yesterday that Serena was basically going through the motion.
Which is unfortunate, given the fact there had some excitement buidling up tot the match up.
I am really disappointed that she lost, I just wish there was more of a match from Serena.

I heard she had a foot injury or problem?
Was there an indication or rumor of in the stadium about it, or you guys heard it the first time when Martina Nav mentioned it?

Was it a last minute thing

Basically Serena just set the groundwork to pull out of the "greatest" road trip. :lol: See you in New York Serena.... :wavey:

mykarma
Jul 10th, 2010, 12:04 AM
Thanks doc. :rolleyes:

twight6
Jul 10th, 2010, 12:05 AM

Perventing :spit: What a pervert.

tennisbum79
Jul 10th, 2010, 12:07 AM
If she really didn't care she could have stopped the match with a foot injury and if you think Serena is going to get hurt in an exhibition you're crazy. Secondly it doesn't appear as though Kim did all that much since the second match went to a tie break. Hell, Serena was a fill in anyway. It's not as though this was a commitment that she made previously. They need to thank Serena for even playing IMO.
I don't think Serena feels that way.

I think Serena would had she not been hurt.

Now my question is, where the organizers told by Serena that she had an injury.
If yes, did they decide to ignore it and go ahread with Serena(provider that she could move) because not doing so would have dampened the spirit of the event, having heavinly promoted it around Serena after Henin withdraw.

mykarma
Jul 10th, 2010, 12:08 AM
Dag Craig, what was wrong with that post. Why can't someone mention Masha in a post. It's not as though it was anything negative about her.

mykarma
Jul 10th, 2010, 12:11 AM
If her injury was that serious then she should have pulled out and let someone who was able to compete at close to 100% play. I know crowds pay big money for these type of events and feel they should be treated to a good show. Im not antin Serena I just think she should have either played at a good level or pulled out and let someone else play.
:cuckoo:

mykarma
Jul 10th, 2010, 12:16 AM
So happy you don't watch Serena's matches.

twight6
Jul 10th, 2010, 12:32 AM
I don't think Serena feels that way.

I think Serena would had she not be heard?

Now my question is, where the organizers told by Serena that she had an injury.
If yes, did they decide to ignore it and go ahread with Serena(provider that she could move) because not doing so would have dampened the spirit of the event, having heavinly promoted it around Serena after Henin withdraw.

Well Schiavone was there as a back-up, right? In case Serena couldn't play.. So I'm assuming they knew about her injury :shrug:

tennisbum79
Jul 10th, 2010, 12:54 AM
Well Schiavone was there as a back-up, right? In case Serena couldn't play.. So I'm assuming they knew about her injury :shrug:
Well, for people who watched , Serena was visibly hampered by the foot injury.

And I have hard time believing that both Serena and the organizers decided to go ahead with the original plan knowing Serena would not play at full strength.

But it looks like that is what happened.

twight6
Jul 10th, 2010, 12:58 AM
Well, for people who watched , Serena was visibly hampered by the foot injury.

And I have hard time believing that both Serena and the organizers decided to go ahead with the original plan knowing Serena would not play at full strength.

But it looks like that is what happened.

Even the highlights I saw, Serena was visibly injured.

With Schiavone there, I find it hard to believe they would "make" Serena play, I'm assuming they both (Serena and organizers) agreed to go through with it. Serena probably just agreed to play half-assed :shrug: :lol:

Comebacksova
Jul 10th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Why should Serena try? She is forced to replace Justine. :shrug:

LightWarrior
Jul 10th, 2010, 10:41 PM

"Forced" with $$$$$.

Mary Cherry.
Jul 10th, 2010, 11:01 PM
Martina made it so awkward :sobbing:

Pat Bateman
Jul 11th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Justine with her busted arm would have put a better fight.

volta
Jul 11th, 2010, 10:05 AM

:happy::happy::happy::happy:

BluSthil
Jul 11th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Please... you don't force Serena to do anything !!! "Show me the money"

jrollaneres25
Jul 12th, 2010, 04:54 AM
wow kim really whooped her good there was nothing serena could do- truly a masterclass performance from kim! :worship:

:spit::haha::help:

jrollaneres25
Jul 12th, 2010, 04:58 AM
Serena:lol: bitch never tries outta grand slams

And Safina tries too hard and look where she is. Less is more.

tennnisfannn
Jul 12th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Consider this, at the big stage, Kim couldn't get past Zvonoreva who Serena handled quite easily in the finals before losing to kim in Brussles, so where is Kim's pride? Or was that reserved for the exho!