PDA

View Full Version : WOW! This girl looks promising...

A-Bond
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Lyudmyla Kichenok from Ukraine, during her Fed Cup match against Top-10 Clay-Goat Stosur.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HnzJVp4uT0&feature=related

Of course one good performance does not mean great success, at least I've never heard anything again from Rogowska, who nearly beat Safina last year at Flushing Meadows. But I'd love to see her rise up the rankings in the next few years. Her Groundies and her serve seems to be good.

toby345
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:43 PM
She definitely has some nice strokes :hearts:

Steven.
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:07 PM
lol amazing, even though the points shown seem very selective.

Juju Nostalgique
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:45 PM
I've never heard anything again from Rogowska, who nearly beat Safina last year at Flushing Meadows.

Not a difficult task BTW! :rolls: :haha:

LegionArgentina
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:54 PM
She hits hard from the baseline what is new :confused:

DefyingGravity
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:56 PM
I think the surprise is that she served well too.

SVK
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:57 PM
She was awesome there but she should stop drawing top seeds because she drew 1st seed in her last 3 tournaments!!!:spit:

Baselinebasher
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Another flat hitting baseliner :zzz:

spiceboy
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:58 PM
She lost in straight sets last weekend vs Sally Peers in the qualifying of ITF Biarritz :tape:

Aaron.
Jul 8th, 2010, 04:00 PM
She lost in straight sets last weekend vs Sally Peers in the qualifying of ITF Biarritz :tape:

http://i46.tinypic.com/4kcg1z.gif

LegionArgentina
Jul 8th, 2010, 04:07 PM
I think the surprise is that she served well too.

No.
Her second serve is not good and make a lot of DF. (14 in the last two matches,in both she lost in two sets) and everytime a check the stats she always made 6-7-8 DF per match.
Next

DefyingGravity
Jul 8th, 2010, 04:09 PM
No...I mean in that match. I've figured it was a rare occurance, but that was the surprise of the video, I think.

Slutiana
Jul 8th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Amen.

Love Lyuda (I made the video) and she played great in that match, but that's just one of the few times a year her shots land in.

Mightymirza
Jul 8th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Another one dimentional player :o.. She seems good though.. Shoulda won the first set..

LegionArgentina
Jul 8th, 2010, 04:30 PM
No...I mean in that match. I've figured it was a rare occurance, but that was the surprise of the video, I think.

Yes very rare occurance :wavey:
She hits some aces (3-4)in most of her matches but when you look at the DF and point won with the second serve (even with the first coz not all her shots land in like in this match).. :o

RND
Jul 8th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Believe me, there are a lot of girl playing like her. She did hit very well in that match.

Sammy Stones
Jul 8th, 2010, 05:18 PM
that chick in the salmon dress is hawt.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jul 8th, 2010, 06:32 PM
I think she and her sister could be a VERY good doubles team down the line. They're 43-9 over the last 12 months on the ITF circuit. Three challenger titles and seven challenger finals, in addition to two 10K titles :eek:

LightsOut!
Jul 8th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Yes! The Kichenoks are great players... they play a lot like the Bondarenkos sisters IMO :)

darrinbaker00
Jul 8th, 2010, 07:55 PM
She actually came to the net and hit not one, but TWO orthodox volleys! :eek:

Slutiana
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:00 PM
:lol: She's a very good volleyer.

She will probably have a better doubles career with her twin sister than singles, though her sister is an even more natural doubles player.

The Dawntreader
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Flairsome style of hitting, and at times bombastic (:eek: ), but like Slutiana said, this is just a glimmer of her form.

I can only assume that she's almost exclusively hitting the back fence rather than the corners of the tennis court. Her serve and backhand remind me of Rybarikova's, except definitely more smooth and less disjointed. Counts for very little though unless she can merge it all together.

Oh well, time will tell.

shoparound
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:35 PM
I thought this was one of those crazy Deja threads again from her father

Sammo
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Stosur played a shit of a match. But yeah good match from Kichenok.

fouc
Jul 9th, 2010, 12:10 AM

:spit:

But yes, she looks impressive here. I like it how she can add so much speed all of a sudden. I would love to see how did the points she lost look like, cuz this highlight suggest 60 60 for Kichenok ;)

mdterp01
Jul 9th, 2010, 12:59 AM
She hits hard from the baseline what is new :confused:

Thank you...THIS!!! Haven't we seen this movie before?

Wiggly
Jul 9th, 2010, 01:06 AM

:bigcry: Me too.

Atrixo
Jul 9th, 2010, 02:02 AM

That's what made my jaw drop. :eek:

I'm so use to seeing swinging volleys, that I was starting to wonder what a regular volley looked like. :lol:

I didn't know we had another set of twin sister players in tennis (other than the Pliskova twins).

I'm guessing that Lyudmyla is the better twin?

rjd1111
Jul 9th, 2010, 02:50 AM
Lyudmyla Kichenok from Ukraine, during her Fed Cup match against Top-10 Clay-Goat Stosur.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HnzJVp4uT0&feature=related

Of course one good performance does not mean great success, at least I've never heard anything again from Rogowska, who nearly beat Safina last year at Flushing Meadows. But I'd love to see her rise up the rankings in the next few years. Her Groundies and her serve seems to be good.

Highlight film can be deceiving.

She lost the match. we have to see what kind of mistakes

She made on the points She lost.

RenaSlam.
Jul 9th, 2010, 03:08 AM
Whats on her forehead? :scared:

Aaron.
Jul 9th, 2010, 03:48 AM
I still can't get over the Sally Peers loss :hysteric:

Whitehead's Boy
Jul 9th, 2010, 03:51 AM
While I certainly find those highlight youtube videos interesting to watch, I think there's a danger to distort our perception of players. For example, a person posted the best points of a match of Hingis demolishing Seles and suddently Hingis was the greatest player of all time.

Even 3.5 players can hit powerful winners, or decent volleys once in a while.

If we want to judge how promising this girl is, we would have to see whole matches of her, and how she reacts to pressure, for example.

Stamp Paid
Jul 9th, 2010, 03:55 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/20u90k2.jpg

tennisbum79
Jul 9th, 2010, 04:56 AM
While I certainly find those highlight youtube videos interesting to watch, I think there's a danger to distort our perception of players. For example, a person posted the best points of a match of Hingis demolishing Seles and suddently Hingis was the greatest player of all time.

Even 3.5 players can hit powerful winners, or decent volleys once in a while.

If we want to judge how promising this girl is, we would have to see whole matches of her, and how she reacts to pressure, for example.
While I agree with you on the main point, your example to support you argument is poor one.

Posters who will see that Hingis-Selles match know that both players have a vault worth of other matches available, so the reasonble posters among them will not decide Martina's worthiness only based only on that one performance.

But overall, your point is well taken.
How many times have seen threads such as the next Sharapova, the next Venus, next Serena, next Hingis, next Selles etc...

And then, nothing. We never hear anything again.

Vanity Bonfire
Jul 9th, 2010, 08:57 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/20u90k2.jpg

Please remove this disgusting GIF.

Every time I see New York's face I feel the need to barf.