PDA

View Full Version : Budapest R2: Dulgheru def. Chakvetadze 7-6 1-6 6-2

Ferg
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Glad to see Alex pull this out, she was terrible in the 2nd set yesterday. The title is there for the taking.

Chakvenus
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:09 PM
grrrrrr Anna!!
if only Budapest had some freaking lights, than the match could have continued yesterday with you and all that momentem!!
oh well, GL next week Anna.......

nevetssllim
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Phew. Well done Alex! :yeah:

.Andrew.
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Missed the match (unfortunately). But good signs for Anna to be pushing one of the better clay courters atm. Baby steps for Anna... :yeah:

Well done ClayGOAT. :yeah:

serenus_2k8
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Anna :hug: Good effort. Well done Dulgheru

Mynarco
Jul 8th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Anna :sad: the first set is a horror.

The Kaz
Jul 8th, 2010, 01:51 PM
WarsawGOAT Alex does it again :worship: :scared:

Good luck vs. my other fav Anastasija (good luck to Nastja too :p)!

Steven.
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:01 PM
keep moving forward please anna!

grats to dulgheru

delicatecutter
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Ain't this some bullshit! :bigcry:

ElusiveChanteuse
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Yay!:D

Aaron.
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Alex :) ClayGOAT

Juju Nostalgique
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Congrats Sashimi! :woohoo: :bowdown:

ClayGrassGOATestOfAllGOATRESSES!!!

:woohoo:

Lulu.
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Anna. :sad:

bbjpa
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Damned darkness :mad: , and what is this schedule of putting a match just 2 hours before night starts falling , I'm pretty sure Anna would have won that match if it wasn't suspended yesterday :fiery:

darkangel23
Jul 8th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Anna :(

Wintermute
Jul 8th, 2010, 05:39 PM
:( Anna had all the momentum last night when the match was stopped. She was so close in the tiebreak too: 7-5 to Dulgheru, it could have easily swung Anna's way and she would have had a straight sets win. Dulgheru clearly came out a completely different player today. Such a shame for Anna as she's really trying to string together a few wins.

hurricanejeanne
Jul 8th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Expect but still...

...Anna :sad:

rucolo
Jul 8th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Good win, Alexandra!:):yeah:

Anna :sad::hug:

IMO it helped Alex to play the 3rd set today.

Hopefully SF Alex vs Szavay.

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 8th, 2010, 06:34 PM
Those 1st two sets were easily the worst I have seen Alex play on clay this year. She did improve today in the 3rd set. She will still probably need to play even better tomorrow if she plans on beating Nastja and going on to win the title.

As for Anna well their were too many errors by both players in that rather poor 1st set but Anna did pick it up in the 2nd set and played pretty well and in the third set she wasn't poor at all, it was more a case of Alex raising her game. Over all I'd say Anna fans had good reason to be optimistic that Anna's form is definately on the way up.

Setsuna.
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Lucky win for the pusher.
beat her next time princess:)

Ferg
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Lucky win for the pusher.
beat her next time princess:)

Like thats gonna happen, Chakvetadze probably wouldnt even be able to beat her on hard.

Setsuna.
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Like thats gonna happen, Chakvetadze probably wouldnt even be able to beat her on hard.

good joke mate.:yeah:
Keep it up.

SVK
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:11 PM
good joke mate.:yeah:
Keep it up.

Dulgheru beat Shvedova on grass...Chakvetadze on hard then should be a cakewalk draw for her:tape:

Setsuna.
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Dulgheru beat Shvedova on grass...Chakvetadze on hard then should be a cakewalk draw for her:tape:

first of all, beating Yari on grass mean nothing coz grass not her best surfece and she is not even a top player yet.how simple is that.:o
2nd, Chaky in her worst days beat the player who crashed the Legendray Kim 6-0 6-1 on hard courts.

beating Shvedova on grass is like beating Nadia on hardcourts? seriously?:rolleyes:
i respect dulgheru but she is not that dangerous player on hardcourts.

Ferg
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:20 PM
first of all, beating Yari on grass mean nothing coz grass not her best surfece and she is not even a top player yet.how simple is that.:o
2nd, Chaky in her worst days beat the player who crashed the Legendray Kim 6-0 6-1 on hard courts.

beating Shvedova on grass is like beating Nadia on hardcourts? seriously?:rolleyes:

You're seriously overestimating Chakvetadze. Have you seen any results for like the past 2 years? A loss by Dulgheru to her would be a shock, especially on clay.

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:40 PM

I also think you are underestimating Alex here. The thing about Alex right now is the her level of play is improving rapidly on all surfaces all the time. Players Alex would have lost to on hard 6 or 7 months ago she would now beat. Before you dismiss Dulgheru as not that dangerous on handcourts let's have a look at how the rest of the year plays out.

As for Anna, well is improving, but even so we are taking about a player who has reached only 2 quarterfinals on any surface in the last 12 months and hasn't reached a semifinal in almost 2 years.

On current form, I too would make Alex favourite over Anna right now on any surface.

fouc
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:06 PM
For me, it looked like Anna's great angles were there when she needed them, and she was playing good enough to dictate in most of the rallies. It's just that Dulgheru is a natural clay-courter and she felt very comfortable with retrieving those balls one after another counting for a UE, or hitting a routine passing when Chaky found herself in the middle of the court, too hesitatory to get to the net. What Anna lacks is a finishing winning shot, and what's more she gets a little predictable. If it was hard, it would be enough and she'd took the 1st set. On clay it wasn't. Then there was that kinda unsportsmanlike strategic tank in the 2nd from Dulgheru and 3rd set was just a formality.

Six Feet Under
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:13 PM
Alex, good win girl :cheer:
Anna :hug:

Ferg
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:19 PM
For me, it looked like Anna's great angles were there when she needed them, and she was playing good enough to dictate in most of the rallies. It's just that Dulgheru is a natural clay-courter and she felt very comfortable with retrieving those balls one after another counting for a UE, or hitting a routine passing when Chaky found herself in the middle of the court, too hesitatory to get to the net. What Anna lacks is a finishing winning shot, and what's more she gets a little predictable. If it was hard, it would be enough and she'd took the 1st set. On clay it wasn't. Then there was that kinda unsportsmanlike strategic tank in the 2nd from Dulgheru and 3rd set was just a formality.

wut

fouc
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:21 PM
^^
From the mid-2nd set it seemed like Alexandra totally didn't care, spreading UEs all over the place and only thinking about the suspension that would come afterwards. Wise.