PDA

View Full Version : Would Henin have won Wimbledon if she hadn't broken her arm?

Kworb
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:18 AM
I think she would have won.

Mightymirza
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:20 AM
:lol: Beaten by Venus :lol:

Miss Amor
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Every year when TWAT starts, all these trolls restart trolling in GM in order to win in that stupid event. Mods should take a note of how that tournament increases trolling ( by giving positive feedback for disrupting the forum)and shut it down for good.

Kworb
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Every year when TWAT starts, all these trolls restart trolling in GM in order to win in that stupid event. Mods should take a note of how that tournament increases trolling ( by giving positive feedback for disrupting the forum)and shut it down for good.

It's not trolling, it's a legitimate discussion. :shrug:

bandabou
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Nope...Serena wasn't losing, so nope..

StephenUK
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:26 AM
I think it is impossible to say for sure. However, if she had maintained the form of the Petrova match and the first set of the Clijsters match, I think she would have got to the final. I don't think she would have beaten Serena in the final, though maybe she could have become the only player to take a set off her.

kiwialicat
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:27 AM
:lol: Beaten by Venus :lol:

Who lost to Pironkova? yeah, sure. As for the actual question, I doubt she could've have won the whole thing. I don't have any doubt that she would have got to the final, where she in all likelihood would have been beaten by Serena.

M.P
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:54 AM
lost to Zvonareva :angel:

AcesHigh
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:12 AM
You and Trollby are really trying hard....

And no, she wouldnt

Ferg
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Wheres the 'lol, this is retarded' option?

narutos
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Sure I mean that's what you want to hear.

debby
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:10 PM
You and Trollby are really trying hard....

And no, she wouldnt

I gave my opinion on Serena, I bothered to write a huge block of text :yawn: And I even answered some people in that thread, so you can't say I am trolling. I was really serious here.

Tbh I think she would have reached the final for sure : she was destroying a clueless Kim Clijsters on her least favourite surface (for Kimmie)... then Zvonareva who never won a set against Justine and wasn't especially stellar against Kimmie :tape:

Then Pironkova :haha: Justine would have beaten her in three sets.

Then :awww: Serena-Justine final... Anything could have happened, I really think Sarin would have lost her first set of the tournament, at least.

Donny
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Nope. Justine hasn't won a slam with Serena in the draw in nearly three years.

Oizo
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:13 PM
I am afraid no one could have beaten Serena, the way she played this year.

debby
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Nope. Justine hasn't won a slam with Serena in the draw in nearly three years.

She retired in 2008, so this "nearly three years" is pointless :lol: especially that Justine beat Serena three times in a row in Slams in 2007 :drool: :drool: :drool: Old good times...

Baselinebasher
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Final for sure. Hard to say whether she would win it or not though, depending which Justine showed up. Win or lose, it would have made Wimbledon more interesting instead of the embarrassment of a final we've had. Zvonareva was useless.

On a side note, it's interesting most people are voting that her injury didn't affect her play. Clijsters was getting embarrassed out there until Henin fell and couldn't serve and keep the ball in play. Clijsters was always a mug on grass.

Bijoux0021
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:35 PM
I think she would have won.
No, Dementieva would have won this year's Wimbledon. :o

Kworb
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:03 PM
No, Dementieva would have won this year's Wimbledon. :o

:hysteric: Oh Elena. Come back soon. :sad:

Serenita
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:07 PM

This
GM is flooded with troll threads, if they wanna troll do it somewhere else. Start these dumb ass threads in Non tennis section.

Kworb
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:09 PM
If I wanted to troll I'd write a fake article or something :shrug:

I haven't trolled in like a year. :sad:

Avid Merrion
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:10 PM
If, if, if. Seriously, who gives a shit?

Serena won, Justine didn't. Deal with it and move on :)

The 2nd Law
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:41 PM
No, you never troll do you Kworb? :help:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:45 PM
yes

debby
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:47 PM
yes

On which score ?

IMO she would have beaten Serena 6-2 6-0.

spiritedenergy
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:49 PM
kworb + trollby = love

The 2nd Law
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:50 PM
kworb + trollby = love

"Trollby" is honestly my favourite username on this forum :lol: :hearts:

debby
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:51 PM
If I wanted to troll I'd write a fake article or something :shrug:

I haven't trolled in like a year. :sad:

Please, write a fake article about Ivanovic :sobbing:

spiritedenergy
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:51 PM
"Trollby" is honestly my favourite username on this forum :lol: :hearts:

i actually like it too that's why i keep repeating it:lol:

tennisbum79
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Final for sure. Hard to say whether she would win it or not though, depending which Justine showed up. Win or lose, it would have made Wimbledon more interesting instead of the embarrassment of a final we've had. Zvonareva was useless.

On a side note, it's interesting most people are voting that her injury didn't affect her play. Clijsters was getting embarrassed out there until Henin fell and couldn't serve and keep the ball in play. Clijsters was always a mug on grass.
I did not vote, but I think most people are annoyed by the notion that such thread would be even created.

Donny
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:07 PM
She retired in 2008, so this "nearly three years" is pointless :lol: especially that Justine beat Serena three times in a row in Slams in 2007 :drool: :drool: :drool: Old good times...

And in the first two slams of the year, she's either been beaten by Serena or failed to reach Serena in the draw.

debby
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:09 PM
And in the first two slams of the year, she's either been beaten by Serena or failed to reach Serena in the draw.

Please, she lost to the eventual finalist Stosur at RG, so pointless to say "buhahahaha she failed to reach Serena in the draw" because even Serena lost to Robotsur. :rolleyes:

AcesHigh
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Anyway, injury or not, comebackKim>>>comebackJustine. Clijsters is just the superior player now.

miffedmax
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Bring back Nasty Myskina!

narutos
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Anyway, injury or not, comebackKim>>>comebackJustine. Clijsters is just the superior player for now.

Fixed it for you:kiss:

debby
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Anyway, injury or not, comebackKim>>>comebackJustine. Clijsters is just the superior player now.

Actually I think she got lucky in 2009.

Serena didn't expect Kim to be as strong, plus she was not serving as well as she did at the AO 2010...
Plus she was holding her serve at 6-4 6-5* , then footfault (which was argued) ... then she got angry at the lineswoman, and lost the match, without even defending all these matchpoints, and we all know she is very impressive on MPs.

Then in final, Rena >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wozniacki.

So... :shrug: Kim is not THAT superior, she got lucky, she won two titles beating Henin in two very close matchs, it is not like she crushed her.

debby
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Fixed it for you:kiss:

Exactly, Henin remains the overall superior player when we compare their career :tape:

DefyingGravity
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:21 PM

Because Serena was clearly at her best during Justine's best season...okay...:rolleyes::wavey:

And say what you will, Clijsters has beaten Justine 3 times this year. In this second phase, Kimmie has been better than Justine.

debby
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Because Serena was clearly at her best during Justine's best season...okay...:rolleyes::wavey:

And say what you will, Clijsters has beaten Justine 3 times this year. In this second phase, Kimmie has been better than Justine.

You know, Serena never played Justine at her peak, and Justine never played Serena at her peak. Maybe Serena's peak on clay was 2002-2003 so I would say it was the only match where Justine beat Serena at her peak.

Henin double-faulted at 6-6 in that deciding tie-breaker in third set at Brisbane :rolls:
Clijsters hit a lucky volley at 6-6 in that deciding tie-breaker in third set at Miami :rolls: even Kim acknowledged that.
Clijsters beat an injured Henin in Wimbledon, wow, what a mighty achievement.

I am just saying that Justine could have won these two matchs at the beginning of the year, it's not like she has been crushed. At Wimbledon, she was cruising until she got injured. So I am waiting for their next meeting to say if Kim really PWNS Justine.

DefyingGravity
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:27 PM
You know, Serena never played Justine at her peak, and Justine never played Serena at her peak. Maybe Serena's peak on clay was 2002-2003 so I would say it was the only match where Justine beat Serena at her peak.

Henin double-faulted at 6-6 in that deciding tie-breaker in third set at Brisbane :rolls:
Clijsters hit a lucky volley at 6-6 in that deciding tie-breaker in third set at Miami :rolls: even Kim acknowledged that.
Clijsters beat an injured Henin in Wimbledon, wow, what a mighty achievement.

I am just saying that Justine could have won these two matchs at the beginning of the year, it's not like she has been crushed. At Wimbledon, she was cruising until she got injured. So I am waiting for their next meeting to say if Kim really PWNS Justine.

If she's still trying to swing big on everything, it won't matter. She'd be playing into Kim's game.

Baselinebasher

Right now, yes. But overall, Kim will always remain second rate compared to Justine unless she can go on a rampage and win 3-4 more slams in a couple of years.

Deck
With ease.

AcesHigh
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Actually I think she got lucky in 2009.

Serena didn't expect Kim to be as strong, plus she was not serving as well as she did at the AO 2010...
Plus she was holding her serve at 6-4 6-5* , then footfault (which was argued) ... then she got angry at the lineswoman, and lost the match, without even defending all these matchpoints, and we all know she is very impressive on MPs.

Then in final, Rena >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wozniacki.

So... :shrug: Kim is not THAT superior, she got lucky, she won two titles beating Henin in two very close matchs, it is not like she crushed her.

Complete bullshit. Kim outplayed Serena the entire match, and footfault or not she would have won the match. .. she beat both WS back-to-back. it's not like she wasn't playing well.. she was playing outstanding.

You sound bitter. Kim has won a slam, and she's beaten Henin 3 times this year. Meanwhile, Justine has looked like complete sh!t. Yes, she's THAT superior. Additionally, Kim came back with limited expectations and even if she doesn't win another match, her comeback is already a huge success. Can't say the same for Henin.

AcesHigh
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Right now, yes. But overall, Kim will always remain second rate compared to Justine unless she can go on a rampage and win 3-4 more slams in a couple of years.

I'm not comparing their careers. I'm comparing them since they returned.

debby
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:34 PM
You seem to be a bandwagon player, that's so sad. I remember you defending Henin, saying that she would pwns Serena in her second career or something, now you are picking on Kimmie. How sad.

And how many matchs did Serena win after being outplayed ? Vika match anyone ?

And I don't care if my favourite player fails, at least, she is back. Can't ask much more, she's already won 7 slams, something that Kim will never achieve.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:35 PM
On which score ?

IMO she would have beaten Serena 6-2 6-0.

you're generous...serena probably would've been taking home a bicycle if jh followed Carlos' signals

DefyingGravity
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:38 PM
You seem to be a bandwagon player, that's so sad. I remember you defending Henin, saying that she would pwns Serena in her second career or something, now you are picking on Kimmie. How sad.

And I don't care if my favourite player fails, at least, she is back. Can't ask much more, she's already won 7 slams, something that Kim will never achieve.

That may be, but I'd rather have Kim's career full of sportsmanship than Justine's with her hand signals and cheating.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:38 PM

you now realise this? whoever is beating sarin aces goes for :lol: just like how the assertion is now Kim is GOAT on hc above sarin despite only 2 wins in 9 attempts and sarin have 8 hc majors to st.kim's 2 :lol:

AcesHigh
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:39 PM

Are you seriously comparing Vika and Kim? :lol:
And I've been a Kim&Vee fan for the longest. I defend Henin when everyone seems to be jumping on her. Although I never said she would own Serena ever :haha:

Anyway, I can care less how many slams Kim wins. That's not the reason I like my faves. And at least she's not playing like sh!t. I respect Henin's game and at its best, I know it's superior to Kim's.. however I could never be a fan of someone with as poor sportsmanship as Henin and I will thoroughly enjoy the wins Kim continues to have over Justine, especially after all the bullshit tactics Henin would pull on Kim in the past.

debby
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:42 PM
That may be, but I'd rather have Kim's career full of sportsmanship than Justine's with her hand signals and cheating.

:rolls: Okayyyyyy. So you are a loser. :lol: (just kidding).

you now realise this? whoever is beating sarin aces goes for :lol: just like how the assertion is now Kim is GOAT on hc above sarin despite only 2 wins in 9 attempts and sarin have 8 hc majors to st.kim's 2 :lol:

Wait. Wait? WAIIIIIIIIIIIT :lol: Did he say that Kimmie was superior to Sarin on HC ??? :sobbing: :bigcry: :rolls: OMFG ! I can't take this anymore ! So delusional.

Yes, I am comparing Vika to Kim, you seem to forget Kim is a big headcase.
And please, she has played like shit at Wimbledon, at AO, Indian Wells, Eastbourne....

danieln1
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Serena would still beat her, injury or not...

No one, including her sister, would beat Serena this year...

DefyingGravity
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Yes, I am comparing Vika to Kim, you seem to forget Kim is a big headcase.
And please, she has played like shit at Wimbledon, at AO, Indian Wells, Eastbourne....

You know, Justine wasn't exactly stellar in Indian Wells, Madrid, RG, Wimbledon.......just saying before we start saying someone was playing poorly. That doesn't matter. Yes Kim is a headcase, but Vika never had control of those matches. Serena, IMO, maintained the mental control, which is all that mattered.

debby
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:47 PM
You know, Justine wasn't exactly stellar in Indian Wells, Madrid, RG, Wimbledon.......just saying before we start saying someone was playing poorly. That doesn't matter. Yes Kim is a headcase, but Vika never had control of those matches. Serena, IMO, maintained the mental control, which is all that mattered.

Did you read what Aces said ? He said that at least, Kimmie was not playing shit or something, unlike Justine, which is totally false.

AcesHigh
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Kim has been a big headcase since her return? No.
And if Kim played like shit at Wimbledon, what does that say about Henin :shrug: making Wimbledon QF and losing to Vera is nothing to be ashamed of for Kim. She's no grassGOAT.. esp after not playing the clay season.

Btw, butterwhatever is not even worth responding to.
I'll stand by my point that Kim is better on fast hardcourt. We all know Serena is the superior player.. however, I look at Kim when she's playing well on hardcourts and I see a superior player. Obviously if they meet at USO, Serena will be favored (she's playing much better this year), but if both are playing well, I give the edge to Kim. She can handle all of Serena's pace, is more consistent, with better footwork/movement, etc.. and that was evidenced at USO 2009.
You're free to disagree, but it's not like my opinion is not based on some factual reality.

Anyway, don't you have more trolling to do?

DefyingGravity
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Did you read what Aces said ? He said that at least, Kimmie was not playing shit or something, unlike Justine, which is totally false.

They both played awful...let's not try and cover things up. Both had some HORRENDOUS play. Even in their wins at times, especially Stuttgart for Justine. But anyway, I'm done.

debby
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Kim has been a big headcase since her return? No.
And if Kim played like shit at Wimbledon, what does that say about Henin :shrug: making Wimbledon QF and losing to Vera is nothing to be ashamed of for Kim. She's no grassGOAT.. esp after not playing the clay season.

I'll stand by my point that Kim is better on fast hardcourt. We all know Serena is the superior player.. however, I look at Kim when she's playing well on hardcourts and I see a superior player. Obviously if they meet at USO, Serena will be favored (she's playing much better this year), but if both are playing well, I give the edge to Kim. She can handle all of Serena's pace, is more consistent, with better footwork/movement, etc.

I am sorry but yes. 6-0 6-1 to fucking headcase Nadia Petrova.

Henin was injured :weirdo: She won't even play the US Open, so no surprise she played like shit against Kimmie. It was a fugly match, Kimmie should be ashamed for playing like that in a Slam. Jk.

OMG !!! :rolls: You are so biased. As much as I dislike Serena, you must to be a hater to say Kim > Serena on fast hardcourts at their peak, Kim can be blow off from the court by Serena's pace which is amazing at her peak. And Serena has an amazing movement as well. She can do everythhing on the court.

debby
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:55 PM
They both played awful...let's not try and cover things up. Both had some HORRENDOUS play. Even in their wins at times, especially Stuttgart for Justine. But anyway, I'm done.

We agree. I never said Justine was playing brillantly this year.

Matt01
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:56 PM
To answer the question: Probably Serena would have won anyway. It's a pointless question, though.

Anyway, I can care less how many slams Kim wins. That's not the reason I like my faves. And at least she's not playing like sh!t. I respect Henin's game and at its best, I know it's superior to Kim's.. however I could never be a fan of someone with as poor sportsmanship as Henin and I will thoroughly enjoy the wins Kim continues to have over Justine, especially after all the bullshit tactics Henin would pull on Kim in the past.

Nice to see how you two brought this theme into this thread :rolleyes:

DefyingGravity
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:59 PM
To answer the question: Probably Serena would have won anyway. It's a pointless question, though.

Nice to see how you two brought this theme into this thread :rolleyes:

You know, I said I was done...not quite.

Yes I can bring this into this thread, because it veered off course from talking about whether Justine would have won Wimbledon without her arm injury (which is still a no) to Kim vs. Justine for the 80th time with dashes of Serena.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 8th, 2010, 04:00 PM

Henin was injured :weirdo: She won't even play the US Open, so no surprise she played like shit against Kimmie. It was a fugly match, Kimmie should be ashamed for playing like that in a Slam. Jk.

OMG !!! :rolls: You are so biased. As much as I dislike Serena, you must to be a hater to say Kim > Serena on fast hardcourts at their peak, Kim can be blow off from the court by Serena's pace which is amazing at her peak. And Serena has an amazing movement as well. She can do everythhing on the court.

see what i mean :lol:

Matt01
Jul 8th, 2010, 04:03 PM

Is there a top player this year that didn't play awful?

Serena was awful at the non-Slams, Venus got bageled and breadsticked in Rome and Miami and couldn't make it past any Slam quarter, Wozniacki injured and often losing early, Pova can't win matches at the non-MM-events anymore, Kim bageled by Petrova at the first Slam; the list is long...

I'm still quite satisfield with being a fan of WTA tennis because it is always exciting (except when there is an all-WS match) :p

AcesHigh
Jul 8th, 2010, 04:03 PM

I'm talking about post-2003 Rena.. which is not going to blow Kim off the court. Actually when has Kim EVER been blown off the court.. it's very rare.
And Serena has amazing movement? She can do everything on the court? :help:

Serena is the best player on tour right now.. by far! But she's not god. Her footwork and movement are not the best anymore.. probably not even top 5 (Venus, Henin, Dementieva, JJ, Kim).
Her biggest weapons are that she has the best serve, and the best return.. most women on tour can't serve or return well to save their lives. She has also worked on consistency so that she has enough controlled power to hit most girls off the court. However, Kim has a potent enough serve, a more than adequate return game and far superior footwork and court coverage than Serena. She's more consistent off both wings and can both absorb and dish out pace.
It will be interesting to see how the match goes if they meet at USO. Aside from an inspired Vika at AO, Serena hasn't met anyone in her 2 titles that is nearly equal to her in playing level.

anyway, this thread is supposed to be about the ridiculous notion that Henin would have won Wimbledon somehow.

DefyingGravity
Jul 8th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Is there a top player this year that didn't play awful?

Serena was awful at the non-Slams, Venus got bageled and breadsticked in Rome and Miami and couldn't make it past any Slam quarter, Wozniacki injured and often losing early, Pova can't win matches at the non-MM-events anymore, Kim bageled by Petrova at the first Slam; the list is long...

I'm still quite satisfield with being a fan of WTA tennis because it is always exciting (except when there is an all-WS match) :p

Yeah...they're all playing bad...so this is hardly a time to really be coming at each other, is it? Still, I wouldn't trade this for the world...and I don't mind the WS matches. Some of them are just :drool: like the 2008 Wimbledon final and the 2009 Doha RR and the USO 2008 QF, and some of them can be :help: like the 2009 Wimbledon final. It comes with the territory.

Matt01
Jul 8th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Yeah...they're all playing bad...so this is hardly a time to really be coming at each other, is it?

I agree.

Pureracket
Jul 8th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Nah, she would not have won.

tennisbum79
Jul 8th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Asking this question and/or voting yes infers some disrespect to Kim and undermies her win

It means she only beats Henin because she was hampered by her injury.

doni1212
Jul 8th, 2010, 04:22 PM
:rolls: @ this thread AND "Broken Her Arm" :rolleyes:

Baselinebasher
Asking this question and/or voting yes infers some disrespect to Kim and undermies her win

Except she had. Henin was useless after she took the fall. Clijsters is awful grass courter. Losing to a clown like Zvonareva is proof enough that Kim didn't belong in QF. What a joke. She should stick to hardcourts where she can bash her way to some wins.

Matt01

No offense but there's a certain Wimbledon quarterfinal between Justine and Serena that comes to my mind here :p

Slutiana
Jul 8th, 2010, 04:24 PM
I'm talking about post-2003 Rena.. which is not going to blow Kim off the court. Actually when has Kim EVER been blown off the court.. it's very rare.
And Serena has amazing movement? She can do everything on the court? :help:

Serena is the best player on tour right now.. by far! But she's not god. Her footwork and movement are not the best anymore.. probably not even top 5 (Venus, Henin, Dementieva, JJ, Kim).
Her biggest weapons are that she has the best serve, and the best return.. most women on tour can't serve or return well to save their lives. She has also worked on consistency so that she has enough controlled power to hit most girls off the court. However, Kim has a potent enough serve, a more than adequate return game and far superior footwork and court coverage than Serena. She's more consistent off both wings and can both absorb and dish out pace.
It will be interesting to see how the match goes if they meet at USO. Aside from an inspired Vika at AO, Serena hasn't met anyone in her 2 titles that is nearly equal to her in playing level.

anyway, this thread is supposed to be about the ridiculous notion that Henin would have won Wimbledon somehow.
:unsure: Not that forehand.

dynamoRockstarr
Jul 8th, 2010, 04:25 PM
damn she broke her arm?!?!?!

Gdsimmons
Jul 8th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Justine winning Wimbledon??
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s52/whydowe_fall/GIFS/haha.gif

AcesHigh
Jul 8th, 2010, 04:30 PM
:unsure: Not that forehand.

:lol: Well I think she's more consistent on the forehand than Serena, who is more erratic overall.

Although it all depends on how well they're playing. Normally I'd say Justine is more consistent than either of them, but this year she's been much worse than both players b/c of her poor play

Matt01
Jul 8th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Although it all depends on how well they're playing. Normally I'd say Justine is more consistent than either of them, but this year she's been much worse than both players b/c of her poor play

:weirdo: The results say otherwise. Henin has a better year so far than your new fave.

tennisbum79
Jul 8th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Except she had. Henin was useless after she took the fall. Clijsters is awful grass courter. Losing to a clown like Zvonareva is proof enough that Kim didn't belong in QF. What a joke. She should stick to hardcourts where she can bash her way to some wins.
I dif not watch the match continuously so I cannot dispute what you said.
But the few recap action I saw, Justine did not seem to play with any of impedement to her movement and shot.

She also said in post-match press conference that the injury was not factor... but again they all say that not to appear to be bad sport and sore loser.

BTW, I don't think it is appropriate to call Vera a clown just because she beat Kim who was, on paper an overwhelming paper.
Notwithstanding her meldown, this was overall an excellent tournament for Vera

AcesHigh
Jul 8th, 2010, 04:41 PM
:weirdo: The results say otherwise. Henin has a better year so far than your new fave.

new fave?? :rolleyes:
Btw, an 3-0 h2h record says otherwise and Miami>Stuttgart, Brisbane>whatever other title Henin won

Matt01
Jul 8th, 2010, 04:43 PM
new fave?? :rolleyes:
Btw, an 3-0 h2h record says otherwise and Miami>Stuttgart, Brisbane>whatever other title Henin won

AO final >>>> anything Kimmie has done this year.

:wavey:

AcesHigh
Jul 8th, 2010, 04:49 PM
AO final >>>> anything Kimmie has done this year.

:wavey:

Even so, what I said was that she's played worse than both Serena and Kim.. even with the AO final, she struggled to get that far with patchy play :shrug: I know you don't think she's been stellar.

Matt01
Jul 8th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Even so, what I said was that she's played worse than both Serena and Kim.. even with the AO final, she struggled to get that far with patchy play :shrug: I know you don't think she's been stellar.

No, I don't think she's been stellar. She had some excellent matches but also some very poor ones. Similar to Kim.

But since you were talking about this year, it is hardly possible that Kim was so much more consistant than Justine since Justine has the better results overall this year and since she's about 1300 points ahead of Kim in the race.

Lulu.
Jul 8th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Kim still would of beat her.

Fantasy Hero
Jul 8th, 2010, 05:06 PM
where was I? did she really brake her arm? :eek:

serenafan08
Jul 8th, 2010, 05:07 PM
We can only wonder...point is she lost, and Serena won. End of. :shrug:

Talula
Jul 8th, 2010, 05:10 PM
If she had broken her arm she wouldn't have been able to play.....

Henin will never win Wimbledon. And probably wont win a slam again.

Serenita
Jul 8th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Kim has been whooping her ass this year. Could it even be that Kim has a mental edge over Justin? Has Kim gotten into her head?:eek:

SAEKeithSerena
Jul 8th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Serena wouldn't have lost to anyone. Ridiculous thread. Would Serena have won their QF match in '07 if she wouldn't have hurt her finger? she did take a set off of her. so there.

debby
Jul 8th, 2010, 05:44 PM
If she had broken her arm she wouldn't have been able to play.....

Henin will never win Wimbledon. And probably wont win a slam again.

Doctors couldn't believe Henin kept playing the match with a torn ligament in her elbow.

Funny how some Reetards claim Justine beat Serena at Wimbledon 2007 only because she was injured but now, they say Kim would have still won, no matter if Justine was injured or not. Double standards.

DemWilliamsGulls
Jul 8th, 2010, 05:48 PM

Yeah good ole times thats long and gone....Serena is on her ass now baby ;)

Stamp Paid
Jul 8th, 2010, 05:50 PM
No, SuperMasha wuuld have beaten her 6-1 6-4 in the final.
That damn Serena. :(

Pureracket
Jul 8th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Doctors couldn't believe Henin kept playing the match with a torn ligament in her elbow.

Funny how some Reetards claim Justine beat Serena at Wimbledon 2007 only because she was injured but now, they say Kim would have still won, no matter if Justine was injured or not. Double standards.I'm sure I'm not the only one who sees how utterly ridiculous and silly this analogy is.

debby
Jul 8th, 2010, 06:41 PM
I'm sure I'm not the only one who sees how utterly ridiculous and silly this analogy is.

Why? A torn ligament in the elbow can be as serious, if not more, than the thumb injury Serena had.

LCS
Jul 8th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Pathetic and pointless thread but good enough to gather a few extra votes for TWAT contest.

Justine would have lost where she lost no matter what. :wavey:

debby
Jul 8th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Nobody knew how hurt she was after that fall and she kept on playing. Serena came out with a slice backhand and a wrapped calf from cramps in the previous round.

So why did Justine call the kine three times ? She was even holding her own arm while grimacing. After that fall, she wasn't the same player.

Anyway I am done, Serena didn't have to withdraw from the US Open 2007, Justine had to, so enough said, Justine's injury was AS serious as Serena's.

bandabou
Jul 8th, 2010, 06:49 PM
I'll stand by my point that Kim is better on fast hardcourt. We all know Serena is the superior player.. however, I look at Kim when she's playing well on hardcourts and I see a superior player. Obviously if they meet at USO, Serena will be favored (she's playing much better this year), but if both are playing well, I give the edge to Kim. She can handle all of Serena's pace, is more consistent, with better footwork/movement, etc.. and that was evidenced at USO 2009.
You're free to disagree, but it's not like my opinion is not based on some factual reality.

So Kim's the fav for the Open?

Conor
Jul 8th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Naaa, not with that game.

viele
Jul 8th, 2010, 07:56 PM

Pathetic and pointless thread but good enough to gather a few extra votes for TWAT contest.

Justine would have lost where she lost no matter what. :wavey:

Umm, for the uninitiated, what is TWAT? :confused:

narutos
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:00 PM
So Kim's the fav for the Open?

she is the defending champ, she is one of the favorite for sure and Serena well considering she won OZ and Wimbledon of course is one of the favorites too.

Conor
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Umm, for the uninitiated, what is TWAT? :confused:

Its a thread for annoying posters, The Wtaworld Annoyance Tournament.

OsloErik
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:12 PM
No, I don't think she's been stellar. She had some excellent matches but also some very poor ones. Similar to Kim.

But since you were talking about this year, it is hardly possible that Kim was so much more consistant than Justine since Justine has the better results overall this year and since she's about 1300 points ahead of Kim in the race.

And after the US Open series, which Henin will presumably miss, Clijsters will likely be far ahead of Henin. Missing clay, which had so many weird mid-ranked players with big results, hurt Clisjters ability to rise in the rankings and demonstrate her skill, just as Henin missing the US Open series will hurt her ability to rise in the rankings and demonstrate her skill.

I agree 100% with AcesHigh. Clijsters is a better hard courter, and she has been for quite awhile. Henin's inability to do anything impressive on clay pretty much confirmed my suspicion that she isn't the same player she used to be, and I think it's more of a mental thing than a physical thing. Clijsters isn't a great grass court player and she still looked superior at the net throughout. I don't disagree that Henin's injury affected the match, but I think it's disingenuous to say she's really looked like a world-beater this year on any surface.

The big thing I've found is she loses steam at Wimbledon when she wins the warmup. 2001? 's-Hertogenbosch title, gets pounded in the final when she loses momentum. 2006? Eastbourne title, gets beaten in the final by a head case. 2010? Eastbourne title. I have trouble thinking she wins Wimbledon when she historically doesn't have the stamina for 3 straight weeks of grass tennis's pace.

Donny
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Complete bullshit. Kim outplayed Serena the entire match, and footfault or not she would have won the match. .. she beat both WS back-to-back. it's not like she wasn't playing well.. she was playing outstanding.

You sound bitter. Kim has won a slam, and she's beaten Henin 3 times this year. Meanwhile, Justine has looked like complete sh!t. Yes, she's THAT superior. Additionally, Kim came back with limited expectations and even if she doesn't win another match, her comeback is already a huge success. Can't say the same for Henin.

Because Kim's never lost to Serena in the semis of a major after holding match points... And it's not like Serena had saved match points in a slam semi earlier that year...

$uricate
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:33 PM
What a fail thread :weirdo:

I dont think anyone can really anticipate what would have happened.

Justine got "injured" and lost. End of story.

narutos
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Because Kim's never lost to Serena in the semis of a major after holding match points...

It was seven years ago and in one of Serena's favorites Majors if not the favorite.

Donny
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:49 PM
It was seven years ago and in one of Serena's favorites Majors if not the favorite.

She hadn't even been to the final of the AO before that match.

narutos
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:55 PM
She hadn't even been to the final of the AO before that match.

So, it's still her favorite major.:rolleyes:

Lulu.
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:12 PM
So, it's still her favorite major.:rolleyes:

How do you know? Just because she's won it five times doesn't mean it's her favorite.

cn ireland
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:16 PM
No, Kim still would've won!

narutos
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:21 PM
How do you know? Just because she's won it five times doesn't mean it's her favorite.

She already stated it I mean she said many times she loves the crowd out there and she gets support she doesn't even get in her own country, Wimbledon well she doesn't even like to play on grass courts and FO no comment:rolleyes:

Arnian
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:23 PM
I don't like doing these what ifs.

I however do think she would have beaten Kim and certainly would have beaten Vera. That leaves us with at least a semifinal appearance and I'm confident she would have won that as well.

Honestly, I'd say the most likely thing would have been her losing to Serena in the final. Serena served so well, I'm not sure who could have beaten her. If Justine had made the final I would have given her a fair chance to win but I'm not sure.

I do think she would have likely made the final though, if it wasn't for the injury.

narutos
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:27 PM
I don't like doing these what ifs.

I however do think she would have beaten Kim and certainly would have beaten Vera. That leaves us with at least a semifinal appearance and I'm confident she would have won that as well.

Honestly, I'd say the most likely thing would have been her losing to Serena in the final. Serena served so well, I'm not sure who could have beaten her. If Justine had made the final I would have given her a fair chance to win but I'm not sure.

I do think she would have likely made the final though, if it wasn't for the injury.

You sure you don't like those what if.:lol:

Arnian
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:31 PM
You sure you don't like those what if.:lol:

I'm happy to go along with them, but it's all hypothetical

AcesHigh
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:34 PM
It wasn't her favorite... but she was the huge FAVORITE. That was peakRena going for 4 in a row

viele
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Its a thread for annoying posters, The Wtaworld Annoyance Tournament.

Wow,seriously! :eek: I don't post a lot but I hope I'm not there :lol:

aisha
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:38 PM
Elbow. And no.

Lin Lin
Jul 9th, 2010, 12:29 AM
Hard to say.:awww:

mdterp01
Jul 9th, 2010, 12:32 AM
:haha:

VishaalMaria
Jul 9th, 2010, 01:43 AM
I don't know, I doubt it.

But she certainly wouldn't have gone out with a whimper against Kim ( despite it going to three sets I'm shocked at how Justine just..didn't fight) I was actually quite shocked.

Midnight_Robber
Jul 9th, 2010, 02:43 AM

But she certainly wouldn't have gone out with a whimper against Kim ( despite it going to three sets I'm shocked at how Justine just..didn't fight) I was actually quite shocked.

Actually agree with Arnian about not liking the the "what ifs" and the whole "shoulda, coulda, woulda"/alternate universe scenarios. But okay...let's play.

I'll go one further than Veerror and say that say without the fall I really do *think* she would have beaten Kim - maybe in a tight second set. Thing is, if we're playing a speculative game where Ju beats Kim then what's to say that all of the other results don't change as well? (i.e. Maybe in this alternative universe Vera doesn't make it to the semis either... :shrug:)

Baselinebasher
Jul 9th, 2010, 02:48 AM

You're not very bright are you? She was INJURED, how could she fight when she couldn't hit a serve and forehand in set 2 and 3? Seriously, some of the intellectual giants on this board are amazing.

Midnight_Robber
Jul 9th, 2010, 03:12 AM
You're not very bright are you? She was INJURED, how could she fight when she couldn't hit a serve and forehand in set 2 and 3? Seriously, some of the intellectual giants on this board are amazing.

Obviously Veerror is referring to his/her reaction while watching the match - and long before Justine substantiated her injury. :rolleyes: The commentators didn't associate her lack of fight with injury and not everyone jumped to the instant conclusion that had she badly injured herself. (And if you only watched some of the match and missed the first set - as my partner did - you may not have even seen the fall, but you would have seen her play poorly and wonder why.) There was plenty of speculation as to why she was playing so poorly and passively. Thing is, she's has some strange lapses this year and some bouts of poor form *without* having hurt her elbow, too.

So in light of that, it's not unthinkable that someone might have wondered what was up with her and been somewhat taken aback by her uneven form.

However, if you knew *at the time*, without doubt, that Justine was seriously injured and the exact nature of her injury then good for you. Otherwise, a lot of viewers would have cottoned on to the fact that she wasn't playing nearly as well as she's capable and may or may not have associated it with her fall. It was up in the air as to whether or not she was injured and if I recall, most people simply concluded that she was playing badly.

Baselinebasher
Jul 9th, 2010, 03:24 AM
Henin could play the worst match of her life and still wouldn't lose to a joke like Clijsters on grass. If you even bothered to watch the match, she was completely useless after the fall. No first serves, weak forehands, no pace at all. Yes, she has had lapses in the past, but that was usually because of the errors she'd make by being overly agressive, not because she could barely keep the ball in play and keep calling for trainer because she was clearly in pain.

If people want to believe Clijsters outplayed Henin, I guess they're free to do that, but the fact remains that she couldn't even back up her win over headcase Zvonareva after being one set up, who has done nothing on grass in years. I guess too many blind Clijsters fans on this board who think she's better than she really is...while in reality she's never really achieved anything outside of hard courts and was always second rate to Henin.

Direwolf
Jul 9th, 2010, 03:44 AM
I seriously think that she could have won it..!!!

Sharapova had almost beaten Serena...
and Henin has a bigger chance

doni1212
Jul 9th, 2010, 03:47 AM
I seriously think that she could have won it..!!!

Sharapova had almost beaten Serena...
and Henin has a bigger chance

:rolls:

And Sharapova's serve was way better than Henin's during this tournament. If Henin had met Serena, Serena would've ripped it to pieces, :lol:

Pureracket
Jul 9th, 2010, 05:19 AM
Cljsters won the last two matches heading into Wimbledon over an healthy Henin. Why are people so certain that Clijstes would've been defeated without Henin's broken arm?

ireneteri
Jul 9th, 2010, 05:28 AM
Cljsters won the last two matches heading into Wimbledon over an healthy Henin. Why are people so certain that Clijstes would've been defeated without Henin's broken arm?

because previous two matches were pretty close.

kiwialicat
Jul 9th, 2010, 05:32 AM

just look at the first set. It's pretty obvious that Henin would have won or at the very least it would have been very close, if not for the injury.

tennisbum79
Jul 9th, 2010, 05:33 AM
because previous two matches were pretty close.
That is a reason?
Maybe this match would have been close too with a healthy Justine... and end the same way. With Kim winning.

I think the premise of the thread, intentionaly or unintentionally, diminishes Kim victory. and infer that Justine would have won the match if she did not get hurt.

n1_and_uh_noone
Jul 9th, 2010, 05:48 AM
Who cares for these idle speculations? Yeah, she would have won AO, RG, Miami, WB and beaten everybody 6-0, 6-0 if she were healthy, or if she had Nadal's forehand, or if Jada had not wailed during the Brisbane final... Geez...

Funny thing about Justine losing to Kim is, I am pretty sure most of those who applauded the loss secretly applauded Kim's crash-and-burn against Vera as well.

OsloErik
Jul 9th, 2010, 07:15 AM

For starters, Henin did look relatively good on grass whereas Clijsters hadn't. In addition, Clijsters isn't as good a grass courter and was behind in the match if I recall correctly. Of course the flipside is that Clijsters has looked like a come-from-behind player the past six months whereas Henin has looked like a surrender-the-lead player.

Actually, in case my memory is failing me, when did the fall happen?

Lachy
Jul 9th, 2010, 08:12 AM
For sure. Serena got real lucky.

WowWow
Jul 9th, 2010, 08:18 AM
No.

Kworb
Jul 9th, 2010, 12:08 PM
For starters, Henin did look relatively good on grass whereas Clijsters hadn't. In addition, Clijsters isn't as good a grass courter and was behind in the match if I recall correctly. Of course the flipside is that Clijsters has looked like a come-from-behind player the past six months whereas Henin has looked like a surrender-the-lead player.

Actually, in case my memory is failing me, when did the fall happen?

It was at 2-0. She took a medical timeout at 4-1.

k0uZ-zxkyY4

Henin's only scare in the first set was when the seven-times grand slam winner fell and hurt her right elbow.

The 28-year-old, took a medical timeout for treatment at 4-1 up but was unable to tell reporters what the problem was.

"I really don't know what happened. I thought it was the tendon. We're not quite sure, so I'll have to wait probably a day or two... But it's quite painful now," said Henin who added that it had bothered her on her serve and backhand.

Vlover
Jul 9th, 2010, 03:26 PM
I find all this speculation hilarious because if you recall in '07 Justine defeated a visibly injured Serena and still didn't make the finals because she was beaten by Marion.:lol: How can anyone deduce that Justine would have made it pass Kim with/without injury is wishful thinking. Some of you should stop living in the past and get with the present. Justine didn't even make the 1/4 at the FO which is her best surface so expecting her to win Wimbledon is reaching at straws.

Baselinebasher
Jul 9th, 2010, 03:30 PM
I find all this speculation hilarious because if you recall in '07 Justine defeated a visibly injured Serena and still didn't make the finals because she was beaten by Marion.:lol: How can anyone deduce that Justine would have made it pass Kim with/without injury is wishful thinking. Some of you should stop living in the past and get with the present. Justine didn't even make the 1/4 at the FO which is her best surface so expecting her to win Wimbledon is reaching at straws.

You obviously didn't watch the match. Kim is bad on grass, Justine wasn't losing to her until the fall.

You got a lot of nerve laughing at JH, considering the has-been in your avatar got a brutal thrashing by Pironkova on her favorite surface. :wavey:

Sammo
Jul 9th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Absolutely not.

serenus_2k8
Jul 9th, 2010, 03:41 PM
You obviously didn't watch the match. Kim is bad on grass, Justine wasn't losing to her until the fall.

You got a lot of nerve laughing at JH, considering the has-been in your avatar got a brutal thrashing by Pironkova on her favorite surface. :wavey:

LOL :haha:

Such double standards regarding Serena and her injuries and Henin. :rolls:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 9th, 2010, 03:41 PM

i'm a bit confused though...she was winning until she fell but she fell at 2-0 and still won the set 6-1?

viele
Jul 9th, 2010, 03:53 PM
For sure. Serena got real lucky.

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better:rolleyes:

Baselinebasher
Jul 9th, 2010, 03:57 PM
LOL :haha:

Such double standards regarding Serena and her injuries and Henin. :rolls:

What double standards? If a player is injured, then the player is injured. I am not a blind fanboy, who didn't admit Serena wasn't injured in Wimbledon 2007. It's pretty pathetic to see Clijsters fans getting a hard-on over this victory considering she lost to Zvonareva in the next round. :weirdo:

serenus_2k8
Jul 9th, 2010, 04:01 PM
What double standards? If a player is injured, then the player is injured. I am not a blind fanboy, who didn't admit Serena wasn't injured in Wimbledon 2007. It's pretty pathetic to see Clijsters fans getting a hard-on over this victory considering she lost to Zvonareva in the next round. :weirdo:

What double standards? Well if a Serena fan says 'Ree would have won the match if she wasnt injured' everyone goes tits claiming 'sHe WoZ hEAlthY sHe JusT laCkS cLaSS aNd HeR faNz WoNT AdmIt sHe wOznt thE bEst PLaYer' and yet delusional people in here are claiming Henin would have won the whole frigging tourny when she didnt lose in the Semis, nor the quarters, in the 4th ROUND! Its insane :sobbing:

Baselinebasher
Jul 9th, 2010, 04:06 PM
What double standards? Well if a Serena fan says 'Ree would have won the match if she wasnt injured' everyone goes tits claiming 'sHe WoZ hEAlthY sHe JusT laCkS cLaSS aNd HeR faNz WoNT AdmIt sHe wOznt thE bEst PLaYer' and yet delusional people in here are claiming Henin would have won the whole frigging tourny when she didnt lose in the Semis, nor the quarters, in the 4th ROUND! Its insane :sobbing:

Well, whoever says that is an idiot then. For the record I voted "Hard to say" and I am Henin fan. Just because she lost to a grass mug while injured, you can't say she wouldn't have reached the finals. Even if Justine lost, I think it would have been more competitive and interesting than a garbage player like Zvonareva getting a beatdown. Kim might have beaten Justine, but she failed in the next round. Tells you a lot about her game on grass.

Serenita
Jul 9th, 2010, 04:12 PM

Agreed, the delusion of some posters is just amazing. :lol:

debby
Jul 9th, 2010, 04:15 PM
i'm a bit confused though...she was winning until she fell but she fell at 2-0 and still won the set 6-1?

You don't feel the injury just after the fall but a bit later.... it always happens to me :lol:

Conor
Jul 9th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Seriously, what the hell is the point of this thread? With the way Serena was serving and Justine's erratic play I really doubt she would have won it.

serenus_2k8
Jul 9th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Well, whoever says that is an idiot then. For the record I voted "Hard to say" and I am Henin fan. Just because she lost to a grass mug while injured, you can't say she wouldn't have reached the finals. Even if Justine lost, I think it would have been more competitive and interesting than a garbage player like Zvonareva getting a beatdown. Kim might have beaten Justine, but she failed in the next round. Tells you a lot about her game on grass.

All it tells me is that Henins grass court game isnt as good as Kims post-comeback :shrug: Seems fairly simple to me.

VishaalMaria
Jul 9th, 2010, 04:19 PM

Can you not have a discussion without attempting to insult people and being overly-defensive? :rolleyes:

This was my original post:

But she certainly wouldn't have gone out with a whimper against Kim ( despite it going to three sets I'm shocked at how Justine just..didn't fight) I was actually quite shocked

Judging from the tense that I used in this previous post (the bolded parts), it's obvious I'm hypothetically talking about Henins chances if she was not injured. (indicating that, in fact, I'm not ignorant to the fact Henin WAS (and is) injured)

Also from my previous post I was talking about at the time of the match I saw no fight in Henin. Obviously, no one knew the extent of the injury until AFTER the match and that's when it became obvious why she did go out without any sort of fight

I'm glad to have cleared up your confusion.

Baselinebasher
Jul 9th, 2010, 04:49 PM
At no point in my life have I ever, nor will I ever, be retarded. I think you would do well to watch your mouth; swearing & insulting posters is not an adequate cover-up for your poor arguments. Henin lost to Clijsters, that is that, so you cannot say Kim is awful on grass and Henin is much better when the facts clearly state otherwise. Objectivity > subjectivity I'm afraid.

Poor arguments? I brought forth clear arguments as to why Henin was atrocious in set 2-3. You are clearly blind or stupid or just ignoring facts on purpose. You claimed Serena faces double standards when she's injured. I said that only idiots would claim that since there were times when she clearly sucked (eg Wimbledon 2007) because of injury and lost. I admit that Serena at her best on grass has better chance to win than Justine on grass.

Failing to acknowledge Henin's injury and post retarded one liners like "well, Kim is better on grass because she won!!!" is precisely why some Henin fans don't want to acknowledge Serena's injury when she lost in 2007. Clijsters is a good player. But she's not good on grass and she certainly wouldn't beat Henin had she been at 100%. Why is it hard to admit? Especially considering Kim's later performance? She failed against a joke player in the next round and here we have posters claiming Clijsters is somehow better than Henin on grass. Ridiculous.

Alejandrawrrr
Jul 9th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Poor arguments? I brought forth clear arguments as to why Henin was atrocious in set 2-3. You are clearly blind or stupid or just ignoring facts on purpose. You claimed Serena faces double standards when she's injured. I said that only idiots would claim that since there were times when she clearly sucked (eg Wimbledon 2007) because of injury and lost. I admit that Serena at her best on grass has better chance to win than Justine on grass.

Failing to acknowledge Henin's injury and post retarded one liners like "well, Kim is better on grass because she won!!!" is precisely why some Henin fans don't want to acknowledge Serena's injury when she lost in 2007. Clijsters is a good player. But she's not good on grass and she certainly wouldn't beat Henin had she been at 100%. Why is it hard to admit? Especially considering Kim's later performance? She failed against a joke player in the next round and here we have posters claiming Clijsters is somehow better than Henin on grass. Ridiculous.

No, Henin fans don't want to admit Serena lost due to injury for the same reason Clijsters fans don't want to acknowledge that this was because of Henin's injury -- No one cares about injuries until it happens to their player. Until their player is injured, every other player's injury is insignificant/faked. In short, we're all hypocrites.

debby
Jul 9th, 2010, 04:59 PM
No, Henin fans don't want to admit Serena lost due to injury for the same reason Clijsters fans don't want to acknowledge that this was because of Henin's injury -- No one cares about injuries until it happens to their player. Until their player is injured, every other player's injury is insignificant/faked. In short, we're all hypocrites.

Exactly.

Baselinebasher
Jul 9th, 2010, 05:02 PM

Fair enough.

serenus_2k8
Jul 9th, 2010, 05:08 PM

If its bs to say Clijsters is better because she won (albeit when Henin is injured) then how the hell is it logical to say Henin is better because she lost :tape: Your argument is bs.

The match against Zvonareva is irrelevant as far as Im concerned, form changes quickly all the time on the WTA and thats just life.

Vlover
Jul 9th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Hon, I'm not the one lamenting about what could have been because Venus has been there, done that 5 times already while Justine is still sitting on 0. When you, Justine and Carlos have figured out a way to win Wimbledon then we can move further along with this futile discussion.:lol:

dsanders06
Jul 9th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Had she not broken her arm, not only would she have beaten Clijsters, Serena would've been so scared at the prospect of an Henin clash looming that she would've bombed out to Sharapova later that day, leaving the path clear for Henin.

dsanders06
Jul 9th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Hon, I'm not the one lamenting about what could have been because Venus has been there, done that 5 times already while Justine is still sitting on 0. When you, Justine and Carlos have figured out a way to win Wimbledon then we can move further along with this futile discussion.:lol:

Atleast Henin's been to the final twice and the semis three times at her worst Slam... Venus can never even scrape into the QF's at her least fav slam. :shrug:

debby
Jul 9th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Atleast Henin's been to the final twice and the semis three times at her worst Slam... Venus can never even scrape into the QF's at her least fav slam. :shrug:

She reached a final at RG.

goldenlox
Jul 9th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Justine came back and went straight to 2 finals, the 2nd was the AO.
But something's wrong. They can use this time to think about what game plan best suits Justine's skills.
And she is very, very skilled. It shows with 7 majors.

Vlover
Jul 9th, 2010, 07:45 PM
It doesn't matter how close you have come if you didn't win because the result is still the same as in 0 title.:rolleyes: I don't waste time on "what ifs" but the possibilities ahead.

debby
Jul 9th, 2010, 08:03 PM
It doesn't matter how close you have come if you didn't win because the result is still the same as in 0 title.:rolleyes: I don't waste time on "what ifs" but the possibilities ahead.

I can't believe he is not even competing for TWAT :rolls:

LUIS9
Jul 9th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Probably not, the mere fact that she lost to Clijsters emphasizes the already established fact, stronger athletes rule the game. Yes Henin seems to be rusty even after being back for 6 months, albeit an almost 2 yr hiatus, and she was currently nursing an injury or got injured but that's after the fact.

Henin is also struggling to balance the act of trying to be too agressive or not agressive enough, her physical game is not quite where it was when she left in '07, with '07 form she would have had a very good chance against the declining games of Venus and Serena, nonetheless Serenas is just a step or two slower, but that Serve is like prime ripe wine it just gets better with age.

debby
Jul 9th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Probably not, the mere fact that she lost to Clijsters emphasizes the already established fact, stronger athletes rule the game.

Err... Do you actually know what happened in their first career ? :spit: 7 Slams > 1 Slam

So no, stronger athletes don't rule the game. Most of them.

Pureracket
Jul 9th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Atleast Henin's been to the final twice and the semis three times at her worst Slam... Venus can never even scrape into the QF's at her least fav slam. :shrug:This is a nice display of your tennis knowledge. :bolt: Sometimes you need to keep your mouth closed when you don't know what you're talking about.

dsanders06
Jul 9th, 2010, 08:56 PM
This is a nice display of your tennis knowledge. :bolt: Sometimes you need to keep your mouth closed when you don't know what you're talking about.

Obviously I know she's been to the final before. It's pretty clear if you read that sentence in the post's context, the "never" refers to the recent past.

dsanders06
Jul 9th, 2010, 08:57 PM

Yeah, a 1R exit and final loss are exactly the same. In fact, there's no difference at all between Safina's career and Rossana De Los Rios's career.

Midnight_Robber
Jul 9th, 2010, 11:15 PM
And...another thread spirals out of control as the topic somehow shifts to Serena's injuries along with baselinebasher aggressing against anyone who thinks that Kim would have won anyway - or snapping at anyone who didn't immediately associate her poor play with injury. :rolleyes: S/he wants to behave as if some of Justine's relatively poor form this year - and losses to Kim - never happened - or does s/he think all those were injury related too?

S/he also doesn't seem to get that not everyone is a Justine fan or follower and that some people who may have watched the match may have done so with a causal interest - which in his/her eyes seems to be the equivalent of "not being 'bothered' to watch the match. :rolleyes:

In *this* particular case however, I do think injury played a part and that Justine has the better grass-court game. As for 'diminishing' Kim? Well, in her old career Kim was a regular Wimbledon semi-finalist even back then, I've never thought that her game was as good on grass as it is on clay or HC. Maybe it's a hangover from career 1.0 but I still think Justine plays better grass-court tennis. But that said, Kim is *not* the hopeless scrub on grass or as inferior on the surface as baseliner wants to pretend she is, either. Thing is, everybody is just retrospectively speculating.

Maybe Justine's 2.0 isn't as good on grass as she used to be and LUIS9 makes a good point about her new super-aggressive but uncontrolled approach as a complicating factor. But since both players have only played one Wimbledon tournament in their new career it's too early to definitively say that either one of them is better than the other on grass.

We'll see what happens the next time they meet on grass and whether or not a pattern is established.

Donny
Jul 9th, 2010, 11:25 PM

Obviously I know she's been to the final before. It's pretty clear if you read that sentence in the post's context, the "never" refers to the recent past.

Lemme get this straight.

The "recent past" does not include Venus' 2002 RG final, but it does include Henin's 2001 final (which you referenced in the same exact post)?

Yea, ok.

pav
Jul 9th, 2010, 11:26 PM
Might as well have a poll asking"'Would JJ Heng have been a fuckin supermodel if she had had a better face, bigger tits and thirty inch longer legs"

Wannabeknowitall
Jul 10th, 2010, 02:23 AM
Damn. I work too damn much. Can you believe I just found out that Justine has a fracture in her arm.
I know this is a little off base but isn't it interesting that Kim and Justine are going to miss the slams they like the least, Roland Garros and the US Open respectively.

Anyway to answer the question:
Could she have won Wimbledon? Yes.
Would she have won Wimbledon?
Unless she played the grass match of her life like she did against Venus in the final that one year, it wasn't too realistic.

1jackson2001
Jul 10th, 2010, 02:46 AM
Nope. Doubtful she would have won Wimby, imo.