Jul 8th, 2010, 02:38 AM
Martina :bowdown: For winning more than 1 game as I thought she would :lol:

Daniel K
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:39 AM
Did better than expected Martina :hug:

Mess of a match :lol:

Wannabeknowitall
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:40 AM
Well the good news is that Hingis still looks young for her age.
The bad news is that her gamestyle is tired. If she's going to try what she did in 2006, then she has to put a little more depth and spin on the ball a la (I can't believe I'm saying this) Wozniacki.

tennisbum79
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:41 AM
Did better than expected Martina :hug:

Mess of a match :lol:
Yes she did.

But remember Venus has been going to events all day today; I don't she got much rest.

Stamp Paid
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:48 AM
If Venus had lost to Hingis AGAIN :lol::lol:

Uranium
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:49 AM
Venus came to win and did it. Poof be gone h8rz.

hankqq
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:52 AM
Venus :lol: sloppy play but then again she had a busy day today :p
there were a couple of nice points though :) :shrug:
it was nice to see Martina playing again too.

Infiniti2001
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:55 AM
Amazing feet!!! :bounce: Go Vee

FEAT :weirdo:

Nicolás89
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:57 AM
Venus came to win and did it. Poof be gone h8rz.

Lol Were you seriously that stressed up by this match up? :haha:

jefrilibra
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:58 AM
VINAS!!!!!!!!!!

She's everywhere in America! :lol:

mdterp01
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:58 AM
golf clap. Its WTT but this thing would have quadruple x's 2 the amount of responses it will end up with had Hingis beaten Venus. :rolleyes

LeonHart
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:01 AM
Grats to Vee for beating a 3 yr retired Hingis who just barely picked up her racket the other day.

Infiniti2001
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:01 AM
VINAS!!!!!!!!!!

She's everywhere in America! :lol:

I know :rolls: Hope she gets some good rest before her next tournament :unsure:

Vlover
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:03 AM
I know :rolls: Hope she gets some good rest before her next tournament :unsure:
When is her next tournament because she also needs to practice.:tape:

Serena y Monica
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:04 AM
Martina looked really nice. I really love the joy she displayed just at being on court. \

aisha
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:16 AM
:zzz: I don't put stock into this. Venus always plays like a rusty oil can in WTT.

tennisfan5
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:18 AM
Yikes, that was a mess. Hingis stayed in it b/c Venus sprayed errors and double faulted. Martina had no pace and her movement/reaction was slow. All to be assumed after so long away. Nice to see her out there though. Thought she had more "zip" in her game in the doubles.

I fear hingis will get taken to the woodshed by Serena:scared:

Salve
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:20 AM
Grats to Vee for beating a 3 yr retired Hingis who just barely picked up her racket the other day.

:rocker2:

Pasta-Na
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:21 AM
venus :scared:

Stamp Paid
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:22 AM
Yikes, that was a mess. Hingis stayed in it b/c Venus sprayed errors and double faulted. Martina had no pace and her movement/reaction was slow. All to be assumed after so long away. Nice to see her out there though. Thought she had more "zip" in her game in the doubles.

I fear hingis will get taken to the woodshed by Serena:scared:Serena better.
I'll be damned if shes having to save match points and shit against Hingis :lol:

tennisbum79
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:24 AM
Martina looked really nice. I really love the joy she displayed just at being on court. \
She was not that happy duing the doubles.
I think she should have gotten a better partner.

tennisbum79
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:26 AM
venus :scared:
This was just an exho, don't stress over it:)

mykarma
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:34 AM
Venus :lol: sloppy play but then again she had a busy day today :p
there were a couple of nice points though :) :shrug:
it was nice to see Martina playing again too.
I saw her on GMA this morning being interviewed by Robin. Great interview BTW.:worship:

Brooks.
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:39 AM
Martina will now come back because she almost beat Venus in WTT :tape:

mykarma
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:47 AM
And your point is? :shrug:

LoveFifteen
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:49 AM
I was there. Martina smiled, laughed and joked the whole time. She had fun.

Nicolás89
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:51 AM

:)

darrinbaker00
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:55 AM
The check must have already cleared the bank. ;)

Serenus Christ
Jul 8th, 2010, 06:57 AM
She playing in stanford next tournament?

Becool
Jul 8th, 2010, 07:34 AM
LOL

JamieOwen3
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:17 AM
im not going to read what other posters have posted because i love both players equally, (i really do) with maria serena monica. so im happy Martina didn't lose badly because it would have hurt im sure looking forward seeing other matches from WTT and good luck to Martina and Congratulations Venus :D btw when is serena playing kim in belgium?

serenafann
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:20 AM
They showed a clip of Venus at her book signing,and Dayum did Venus look GOOD!

JamieOwen3
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:22 AM
serenafann RESPECT 4 the luv u have 4 Monica couldn't hv said it better myself! :bigclap:

Polikarpov
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Woot, I seriously thought Hingis was gonna get bageled by Venus. I'm glad both girls had fun.

The Witch-king
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:16 PM
It looks like it was fun.

Anyone know why Hingis started with one racket and finished with another??

Polikarpov
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:51 PM
It looks like it was fun.

Anyone know why Hingis started with one racket and finished with another??

She only had two racquets in her bag. The first one cracked then she broke a string on the second one, so she had to borrow one of her teammate's racquets.:lol:

bridgepea
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:56 PM
The funniest part of that match apart from Hingis only coming to a tournament with 2 racquets was the fact that Venus aced Scoville Jenkins in the mixed doubles match. The look on Jenkins' face said it all. What was even better was Venus' reaction. She was laughing and having a wonderful time on the court. She really does love WTT.

I also loved the fact that Venus was able to return Jenkins' first serves (or at least get her racquet on the ball and get it in play). It was a great first night for WTT and I am so looking forward to the rest of the season. Go Kastles.

LoveFifteen
Jul 8th, 2010, 01:04 PM
She only had two racquets in her bag. The first one cracked then she broke a string on the second one, so she had to borrow one of her teammate's racquets.:lol:

No, she didn't break strings on either racket. Both of them had their frame crack. :haha:

tonythetiger
Jul 8th, 2010, 01:22 PM
I thought I was going to jump through my tv when Venus was about to lose that match to Hingis! She came up with some great shots to win that match, but tired or not, she should have won 5-0 since she was up 2-0 and served for 3-0. It was great to see her and Hingis at it again. Hingis' ability to get those balls back still frustrate Venus just like Jelena does.

BTW, it was Vee's power that broke both of Martina's racquets. LOL! I've met Martina in person and she is much nicer one on one.

Polikarpov
Jul 8th, 2010, 01:45 PM
I thought I was going to jump through my tv when Venus was about to lose that match to Hingis! She came up with some great shots to win that match, but tired or not, she should have won 5-0 since she was up 2-0 and served for 3-0. It was great to see her and Hingis at it again. Hingis' ability to get those balls back still frustrate Venus just like Jelena does.

BTW, it was Vee's power that broke both of Martina's racquets. LOL! I've met Martina in person and she is much nicer one on one.

The two of them playing against each other is always good to watch. There were some great points, but they were spraying unforced errors everywhere as well. I was glad Hingis managed to hit mean dropsot.:bounce:

Slutiana
Jul 8th, 2010, 01:51 PM
The funniest part of that match apart from Hingis only coming to a tournament with 2 racquets was the fact that Venus aced Scoville Jenkins in the mixed doubles match. The look on Jenkins' face said it all. What was even better was Venus' reaction. She was laughing and having a wonderful time on the court. She really does love WTT.

I also loved the fact that Venus was able to return Jenkins' first serves (or at least get her racquet on the ball and get it in play). It was a great first night for WTT and I am so looking forward to the rest of the season. Go Kastles.

Neither is too rare in mixed doubles. :p

serenafann
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:18 PM
serenafann RESPECT 4 the luv u have 4 Monica couldn't hv said it better myself! :bigclap:

Thanks for the acknowledgement. Monica was and is a special and great champion who didn't fully get her due in her prime~IMO, I see a lot of similarities between her and Serena in that regard.It is hard not to think about
what would have been for this unfairl
y
tragic Legend.

LoveFifteen
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Yes, it was Venus's power that broke both of Martina's frames.

I was glad when Martina served and volleyed once, too.

Deck
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Marty:yeah:

shoparound
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Any clips or videos of this thing?

young_gunner913
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:58 PM

She probably wouldnt have been gone for so long if she could stay away from that crack cocaine. :dance:

Otlichno
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:34 PM
She probably wouldnt have been gone for so long if she could stay away from that crack cocaine. :dance:

STFU! :o :spit: :rolls:

Illusionist
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:39 PM
She's playing an off form player, of course she's gonna win.

Right? :scared:

aisha
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:44 PM

:spit:

That is so not right. :rolls:

new-york
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:55 PM
I think that's the win Venus needed.

VishaalMaria
Jul 9th, 2010, 01:05 AM
I watched parts of the match and I liked what I saw from Martina.

sky20748
Jul 9th, 2010, 05:16 AM

The first one cracked because of Venus's serve now come on let's get the story right lol and the second one the strings was like hell no I am not taking this kind of abuse:lol: Heh Venus did a Brad Gilbert. She won ugly lol but this fan will take it. SHe was tired, had a long day and well still gutted out the win..you go Venus:bounce::worship:

alfonsojose
Jul 9th, 2010, 05:20 AM
Hingis slower but still fun to watch.
Venus :help: