PDA

View Full Version : Chris Evert misses ex-husband, children

Tech1
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:51 PM
GEORGINA ROBINSON

July 5, 2010

Former tennis star Chris Evert says she had "no idea" her divorce from Australian golf great Greg Norman was coming.

Evert, 55, married Norman in a lavish ceremony in the Bahamas in June 2008. They were divorced 18 months later.

"I had no idea it was coming," she told Woman's Day magazine, adding that the pair had agreed not to go into the details of their split in public.

"It wasn't talked about, ever.

"Never in a million years did I imagine it would end up like this."

The couple announced their engagement two years after Evert's 2006 divorce from American ski champion Andy Mill, to whom she was married for 20 years.

Norman divorced his wife of 25 years, Laura Andrassy, also in 2006.

Evert, who has been in counselling since the separation, said she thought her love with Norman would last forever but they turned out to be "just very different people".

"It was our priorities and our lifestyles," she said.

"I wanted roots and he wanted wings."

The former world No.1 with 18 grand slam singles titles to her name said she spent far too much time away from her three teenage sons after marrying Norman.

"I am the first to admit I need to hold myself accountable and responsible, which I am doing," she said.

"But Greg needs to take accountability for the promises he made and the way he left."

Evert also said guilt played a part in their marriage breakdown.

"I still had an enormous amount of guilt," she said.

"I brought that into my marriage with Greg and I allowed it to have an effect.

"I've also learned, chances are, any relationship that starts out in a dishonest way is not going to work.

"It already had a strike against it."

Evert was asked if she missed Norman.

"I miss my family time with Andy and the kids," she replied.

"That was 20 years of history. Probably the best years of my life.

"I also really miss Greg's parents. The best part about him are his parents.

"They are great people. They're very down to earth and level headed.

"I always got along great with them."

Norman was Evert's third husband.

She married English tennis player John Lloyd in 1979 and they divorced in 1987.

A year later, she married Mill, an Olympic downhill skier. The couple had three sons - Alexander, 18, Nicholas, 16 and Colton, 14.

They divorced in December 2006.

Evert said there was a part of her that was still "angry and hurt" but she was working hard on "healing and accepting".

"I blame nobody but me for leaving my marriage [to Mill]," she said.

"But I have been trying to figure out why I crossed that line.

"What was it in me that I allowed myself to fall in love with another man when I was in a marriage?"

Evert said she had not dated since the divorce and wasn't looking for another relationship.

"I'm in the best place possible for me - to be living alone this summer with access to my kids and spending time with my sister in such a beautiful setting," she said.

"This is the first time in many years that I've been alone.

"It's a time for self reflection, reading a lot of books, doing yoga and hiking."

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/people/chris-evert-misses-exhusband-children-20100705-zw5p.html

LightWarrior
Jul 7th, 2010, 11:04 PM
Lovely phony and fake interview. It's not even funny.

spartanfan
Jul 7th, 2010, 11:07 PM
It seems like her first two marriages ended because of her affairs. Who divorces one year just to get married the next (or two years later-but it's obvious she and Norman were dating at the time of both of their divorces, i.e affairs). Who knew she was so slutty?

Helen Lawson
Jul 7th, 2010, 11:16 PM
I'm surprised how much she revealed in that article, bs included. Maybe she needs to start getting headlines again to get some tennis gigs to earn back that $7 million she had to pay to Andy.

As different as she and Martina were on court, they both get into bad relationships that cost them plenty!

The Witch-king
Jul 7th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Who knew she was so slutty?

Who didn't?

darrinbaker00
Jul 7th, 2010, 11:19 PM
It seems like her first two marriages ended because of her affairs. Who divorces one year just to get married the next (or two years later-but it's obvious she and Norman were dating at the time of both of their divorces, i.e affairs). Who knew she was so slutty?
Everyone but you, apparently. :shrug:

Infiniti2001
Jul 7th, 2010, 11:23 PM
I'm surprised how much she revealed in that article, bs included. Maybe she needs to start getting headlines again to get some tennis gigs to earn back that $7 million she had to pay to Andy.

As different as she and Martina were on court, they both get into bad relationships that cost them plenty!

This http://i27.tinypic.com/9pz20y.gif

Helen Lawson
Jul 7th, 2010, 11:25 PM
Chrissie is not "slutty" she's "popular.". Kind of like Joan Crawford was "popular."

spartanfan
Jul 7th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Everyone but you, apparently. :shrug:

I knew about her failed marriages, but I'm really just not enough of a fan of hers to follower her life details. I don't find her that interesting..her nor Martina. I do feel bad for Andy and her kids, but heck. It sounded like she was still married before she started fucking him as well.. Woman, just make up your mind! Husband #4 will be a fool to marry her.

LightWarrior
Jul 7th, 2010, 11:33 PM
I can't believe she's turning into this pathetic Tiger Woods behaviour - admitting the interview is not a fake. Come on Chris, have more sex, break some other marriage. But please come back a little to commentating tennis just a little in you spare time. :)

harloo
Jul 7th, 2010, 11:39 PM
Well, the grass always seems greener on the other side. After 20 years of marriage things can get boring and once Chrissy had the opportunity to go outside the marriage she did and was blind to the fact that when you start a relationship with dishonesty it's not going to last. I don't feel sorry for her.

Next time close your legs to married men Chrissy.

thrust
Jul 7th, 2010, 11:40 PM
Well, perhaps I am too old to understand what these nasty comments are about. I was never a Chris Evert fan, but I think that in this article, she is a rather sympathetic person. I think she realizes she made a big mistake leaving Andy, especially for Greg and is an unhappy lonely woman. As for her being slutty, LET THEM WHO ARE WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONES!! Considering the vile filthy comments here on a constant basis, I doubt there are many here superior to Chris when it comes to morality. I seriously doubt she is saying these things for financial reasons, but more for self therapy.

LightWarrior
Jul 7th, 2010, 11:48 PM
REPENT...lol. this interview is a fake I'm telling you. Unless the moral majority in the U.S. has hit new heights.

moby
Jul 7th, 2010, 11:51 PM
Well, perhaps I am too old to understand what these nasty comments are about. I was never a Chris Evert fan, but I think that in this article, she is a rather sympathetic person. I think she realizes she made a big mistake leaving Andy, especially for Greg and is an unhappy lonely woman. As for her being slutty, LET THEM WHO ARE WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONES!! Considering the vile filthy comments here on a constant basis, I doubt there are many here superior to Chris when it comes to morality. I seriously doubt she is saying these things for financial reasons, but more for self therapy.I agree.

brickhousesupporter
Jul 7th, 2010, 11:55 PM
"I blame nobody but me for leaving my marriage [to Mill]," she said.

"But I have been trying to figure out why I crossed that line.

"What was it in me that I allowed myself to fall in love with another man when I was in a marriage?"

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/people/chris-evert-misses-exhusband-children-20100705-zw5p.html

Chris there is nothing to figure out....you a hoe. You like the feeling of being in lust with someone and you get bored with it after a while. There is nothing wrong with that. Society just makes people feel guilty about it. I think she is taking the wrong approach. She is a single woman now, she should be living it up right now, not locking it down.

LightWarrior
Jul 7th, 2010, 11:58 PM
At least she's not Alzheimer Martina who thinks she's still winning Wimbledon.

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:22 AM
At least she's not Alzheimer Martina who thinks she's still winning Wimbledon.

At least she is not you.

spartanfan
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:27 AM
Well, the grass always seems greener on the other side. After 20 years of marriage things can get boring and once Chrissy had the opportunity to go outside the marriage she did and was blind to the fact that when you start a relationship with dishonesty it's not going to last. I don't feel sorry for her.

*DEATH*

LightWarrior
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:31 AM
At least she is not you.

God what kind of mod are you ? Pretty depicable. Mods are not allowed to be hateful, may I remind you.

mykarma
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:31 AM
Lovely phony and fake interview. It's not even funny.
Cause and effect Chrissy. Looks like the player got played.

mykarma
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:37 AM

I don't feel bad for her at all. Greg and Chrissy and their partners were friends and did things together. She deserves exactly what she got.

edificio
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:44 AM
Well, perhaps I am too old to understand what these nasty comments are about. I was never a Chris Evert fan, but I think that in this article, she is a rather sympathetic person. I think she realizes she made a big mistake leaving Andy, especially for Greg and is an unhappy lonely woman. As for her being slutty, LET THEM WHO ARE WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONES!! Considering the vile filthy comments here on a constant basis, I doubt there are many here superior to Chris when it comes to morality. I seriously doubt she is saying these things for financial reasons, but more for self therapy.

I agree with you. People seem to be rather judgmental around here. People make mistakes. Many of these people here will make mistakes. Also, marriages and relationships do break up. Most don't last forever, AND we have no idea what her relationship with John Lloyd was like or even with Andy Mill. Basically, Chris thought she was pursuing happiness, and it didn't work out. Happens to a lot of us. I do feel for her, though. Sounds as though Norman just dumped her. Sad.

brickhousesupporter
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:52 AM
I agree with you. People seem to be rather judgmental around here. People make mistakes. Many of these people here will make mistakes. Also, marriages and relationships do break up. Most don't last forever, AND we have no idea what her relationship with John Lloyd was like or even with Andy Mill. Basically, Chris thought she was pursuing happiness, and it didn't work out. Happens to a lot of us. I do feel for her, though. Sounds as though Norman just dumped her. Sad.

We all make mistakes. However, Chris was very callous in her talking about the ex Mrs Norman. She basically said she needed to get over it. Now that she has been dumped unceremoniously, she needs to get over it. Now that she is the one being dumped, we are expected to feel sorry for her. No, she needs to get over it. How you get them is how you lose them.

mykarma
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:59 AM
Once is a mistake. When you fvck your husbands friend you don't deserve any sympathy. That shit is low and there are some things that are just off limits.

Vlover
Jul 8th, 2010, 01:12 AM
Once is a mistake. When you fvck your husbands friend you don't deserve any sympathy. That shit is low and there are some things that are just off limits.
Exactly! She was so callous towards the former Mrs. Norman and Andy therefore I have no sympathy for her either.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 8th, 2010, 01:14 AM
At least she is not you.

God what kind of mod are you ? Pretty depicable. Mods are not allowed to be hateful, may I remind you.

:rolls: everthingfails999%ofthetime at its best :spit:

homogenius
Jul 8th, 2010, 01:26 AM

:lol: :weirdo:

If you can stay at this level, TWAT's trophy is yours

*JR*
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:05 AM
Exactly! She was so callous towards the former Mrs. Norman and Andy therefore I have no sympathy for her either.

And years earlier, she publicly said re. John Lloyd right when they were splitting: "I can't stand the gutless tennis you're playing". (If she wanted a great tennis player, she could have maybe married Connors or another one within I guess +/- 5 or 10 years of her age)

I respect Chrissie's on court accomplishments, but off it she's complete trash. I don't mean based on casual sex, women have as much right to flings as men do. I mean her utter disrespect for and humiliation of 2 husbands, not to mention her kids. :rolleyes:

edificio
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:09 AM
You really cannot say what her relationship was with those two men. I always find it funny when people on this board act as though they know exactly what happened to someone they don't even know.

brickhousesupporter
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:14 AM
You really cannot say what her relationship was with those two men. I always find it funny when people on this board act as though they know exactly what happened to someone they don't even know.

Obviously if she regrets leaving the Andy Mills, the relationship could not have been that bad.

Larrybidd
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:15 AM

I'm another "not Chrissie fan" who feels the same as you. I see nothing fake about his, but it seems to me TMI. Why is she talking about this?? This sounds like a confessional. The public is not a priest, and judging by the comments, not inclined to be compassionate either. Its not our business, who are any of us to judge.

jefrilibra
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:25 AM
I dont really follow Chris' life and marriages but I didnt know that she was once friends with Greg's wife and famliy and that both she and Greg divorced about the same time!:eek::eek::eek:

Karma is really a nasty bitch!

hotandspicey
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:43 AM
Somebody, quick! Send an open letter to her asap. :lol: She should know 'you reap what you sow.' Greg saw her for what she really is and went quietly out the door.

mykarma
Jul 8th, 2010, 04:24 AM
Somebody, quick! Send an open letter to her asap. :lol: She should know 'you reap what you sow.' Greg saw her for what she really is and went quietly out the door.
:lol::lol::lol:

PLP
Jul 8th, 2010, 04:46 AM
Thx for the article!

Sounds like Chris needs some self-reflection and Yoga, glad she is taking her space.

The judgments in this thread are hilarious by the way. I am happy to know that we have a board comprised of Angels.
:lol:

A Magicman
Jul 8th, 2010, 07:49 AM

I'm starting to realize all of that myself being only 35 and so I guess I know how she feels, cos I think it might be even too late for me now.

"The grass always seems to be greener on the other side" is so perfectly said.

calou
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:28 AM
il ou elle a raison votre commentaire sur Martina est particulierement stupide:devil:

Helen Lawson
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:37 AM
In Chrissie's defense, Laura went public with some nasty tabloid stuff. A friend of mine lives in Jupiter where this went down, Laura gave an article to the local paper with this headline, "Chrissie stole my husband". I thi k this is what Chrissie was referring to when she was saying Laura should get over it. That headline is a keeper, however.

Ryan
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:45 AM

Aww, did you mix up the buttons man? :sad: Don't worry, we wont hold that against you. Not. Learn to read or something.

Ryan
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:47 AM
:rolls: everthingfails999%ofthetime at its best :spit:

Quick, use your Mod powers (cant believe he figured out your secret!) to BAN HIM. :cool:

Zébulon
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:49 AM
gossip thread. rubbish

shoparound
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:50 AM
I've lost track, was did Chrissie have an affair while she was married to Mills? or Lloyd? or both?

Juju Nostalgique
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:09 PM
What a divorcing machine... :weirdo: :smash:

StephenUK
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:23 PM
I feel very sorry for Chris. She has clearly made a bad mistake. I mean, it's not great when the best thing about a relationship is your relationship with the person's parents! :help:

I just hope she can repair the damage with Andy Mill and her children at least and salvage something. But I think she should leave off another marriage/long term relationship for some time; maybe that is part of her problem, she is not used to being on her own and has to have the new relationship ready and waiting before she has left the old! I don't think she has been on her own for about 40 years as she was with Jimmy Connors before John Lloyd.

Vlover
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:50 PM
In Chrissie's defense, Laura went public with some nasty tabloid stuff. A friend of mine lives in Jupiter where this went down, Laura gave an article to the local paper with this headline, "Chrissie stole my husband". I thi k this is what Chrissie was referring to when she was saying Laura should get over it. That headline is a keeper, however.
I'm sure that was out of desperation thinking that Chris had some morals left and might be embarrassed for sleeping with her husbands best friend much to her surprise she was told to get over it.:tape: Chris had no scruples flaunting the relationship every chance she got and had no regard for the other people who were all hurt including her children. I'm sure if it was Andy who did that to Chris many here would not be so sympathetic as they are to "poor" Chrissie.:rolleyes:

Serenita
Jul 8th, 2010, 01:03 PM

:haha::haha:

Jem
Jul 8th, 2010, 01:31 PM

Very well spoken, and it bears repeating.

tievae
Jul 8th, 2010, 01:33 PM
:spit: This thread

tennisbum79
Jul 8th, 2010, 01:45 PM
I'm another "not Chrissie fan" who feels the same as you. I see nothing fake about his, but it seems to me TMI. Why is she talking about this?? This sounds like a confessional. The public is not a priest, and judging by the comments, not inclined to be compassionate either. Its not our business, who are any of us to judge.
She could be throwing a trial balloon out there to gage the reaction of both the public and her ex-husband.
It seems to me she want to get back with her ex-husband, with promising of making it right the second time around, by not being self-centered and egotistical

tonybotz
Jul 8th, 2010, 01:54 PM
love it. not only rich men are pigs, it seems. this is the same self righteous bitch who "called out" serena. she should just marry martina already and be done with it

Talula
Jul 8th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Chrissie is not "slutty" she's "popular.". Kind of like Joan Crawford was "popular."

:lol:Mommie Dearest surely doesn't make her out to be popular but a mega SLUT! And I don't mean Evert!

Serenita
Jul 8th, 2010, 04:29 PM
love it. not only rich men are pigs, it seems. this is the same self righteous bitch who "called out" serena. she should just marry martina already and be done with it

:lol:

shoparound
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:38 PM

:tape:

Sammo
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:47 PM
But how many times did she marry and divorce? 14???

Tech1
Jul 19th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Shark's sister sinks teeth into Chris Evert

July 19, 2010 - 10:57AM

They reportedly spent upwards of $2 million on their wedding in the Bahamas.

A little more than two years later, Greg Norman's sister Janis has joined a public spat over the golf great's divorce from tennis player Chris Evert.

Norman and Evert, both in their 50s, were joined by about 100 guests in a no-expenses spared wedding in the Bahamas in June 2008.

But the 15-month marriage was doomed from the start, Janis Norman has told gossip magazine New Idea.

"She became very dominating and controlling and it became very apparent she was treating my brother badly," she says of Ms Evert in this week's edition of the magazine.

"We all saw it, including his friends. We all agreed that she did not like the fact that Greg had a higher profile, and that she was now taking a back seat."

Mr Norman's marriage to Ms Evert followed his 2006 divorce from his first wife, Laura Andrassy, after 25 years of marriage.

Janis says a subsequent public attack on her brother by Ms Andrassy took its toll.

Now she wants to step in to protect him from his possible defamation by his second ex-wife.

She says the normally private family is tired of Mr Norman's ex-wives speaking publicly about their time with him.

"First we had to deal with Laura and her bitter attack on Greg and now most recently Chrissie has decided to follow suit," Janis says.

Less than six months after divorcing Ms Evert, New Idea announced Mr Norman had replaced her with another love - interior designer Kirsten Kutner.

So far his family approves of her.

"She is a beautiful woman inside and out," said Janis.

"She is a very accomplished woman but does not feel the need to be in the driver's seat.

http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/people/sharks-sister-sinks-teeth-into-chris-evert-20100719-10ggh.html

manu32
Jul 19th, 2010, 07:53 PM
norman's face is awful....chrissie,open your eyes this guy is ugly

2Black
Jul 19th, 2010, 07:56 PM
But to majority of american tennis fans, Evert is more of a role model than Venus or Serena ... I know, I know, here I go again being down on the american tennis community but truth is truth. Chris has been messy for a very long time. I wouldn't want my daughter to model her game & definitely not her life after this woman.

brickhousesupporter
Jul 19th, 2010, 08:00 PM
She says the normally private family is tired of Mr Norman's ex-wives speaking publicly about their time with him.

"First we had to deal with Laura and her bitter attack on Greg and now most recently Chrissie has decided to follow suit," Janis says.

http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/people/sharks-sister-sinks-teeth-into-chris-evert-20100719-10ggh.html
Is she serious! If anyone deserves to be angry at the whole situation, its Andy Mills and Laura. They lost not only their spouses, but they lost 2 people they called a friend. Both Chris and Greg deserve to be dragged through the mud.

Tennis Fool
Jul 19th, 2010, 08:42 PM
^ You know I think about Nicole Vaidisova these days I think of Chrissie...

Chrissie also first married in her early twenties to a fellow tennis player :scared:

Zébulon
Jul 19th, 2010, 10:13 PM
One more story where a woman "wanting to be in the driver seat" or being "controlling" is pictured as the most evil thing a woman can be. Shut up, obey, be kind, sweet and inoffensive. :rolleyes:

Vlover
Jul 20th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Less than six months after divorcing Ms Evert, New Idea announced Mr Norman had replaced her with another love - interior designer Kirsten Kutner.
I wasn't even aware that Chris was being fed some of her own medicine.:eek: I wonder what her next advice for young girls will be?:tape: