PDA

View Full Version : Venus-Hingis Rivalry

Pages : [1] 2

OohZuzana
Jul 7th, 2010, 04:39 PM
I'm going to their press conferences and WTT match tonight, and wanted some help with getting as much as I can from the glory days of their rivalry.

What were some of the most controversial/memorable/ridiculous things they said about each other off the court, and what was the context?

If there's video, all the more better :)

Pureracket
Jul 7th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Just know that Hingis was an established, European #1, and she hated poor Venus as the up and coming American.

weforvee
Jul 7th, 2010, 04:58 PM
I'm going to their press conferences and WTT match tonight, and wanted some help with getting as much as I can from the glory days of their rivalry.

What were some of the most controversial/memorable/ridiculous things they said about each other off the court, and what was the context?

If there's video, all the more better :)

Reporter to Martina - "Venus has declared her intent on becoming the number one player"

Martina - "Not while i'm playing"

Classic!!!

OohZuzana
Jul 7th, 2010, 05:45 PM
You really think Europe vs. America had much to do with it?

Pureracket
Jul 7th, 2010, 05:49 PM
You really think Europe vs. America had much to do with it?Well, they were both women. I mean, there was nothing else different about Hingis and Venus. Who cares that many American fans started rooting for Hingis after decades of rooting for the "real American" Chrissie over MN.

I don't see any other reason they would root against Venus.

hingisGOAT
Jul 7th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Hingis regularly embarassed Venus, whether it was the numerous non-competitive beatdowns or her clear residence in Williams psyche. Look at Venus' celebrations after beating Hingis in Miami 1998 ("raising the roof") and USO 2000 (smack-talking during on-court interview); probably among the most graceless moments of Venus' career. Look at her pained expression when faced with defeat from Hingis in USO 1997 and USO 1999; I've never seen such bitter looks on the normally "icey" elder sister's face. Venus, and her loud-mouthed father ("all venus has to do to win is show up," and then Hingis wins 6-4 6-0, or "I know a drug dealer who can saw off Hingis' legs") had a clear resentment for Martina.

Hingis, on the other hand, didn't take things quite as seriously. Her quick-witted one-liners ("what rivals?") were said in humor; and let's face it, Venus has NEVER been known for her humor. She just didn't "get it" and neither did her dad or sister.

I think one defining moment came during the USO 1997 final; Hingis was blitzing her less talented rival, and when Venus hit another shot long, Hingis pretended to swing at the ball in the air (as if to say "this is so easy, you must need me to help you"). It garnered a chuckle from the crowd and Hingis was obviously amused at herself. Or when she held up Venus' fallen beads like a trophy for reporters. What Hingis considered friendly jabs, the Williams camp considered horrible slights. They took Martina really freakin seriously and I wouldn't be suprised if Venus still dealt with mental issues from her damaged psyche at 17/18 years of age.

Infiniti2001
Jul 7th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Hingis regularly embarassed Venus, whether it was the numerous non-competitive beatdowns or her clear residence in Williams psyche. Look at Venus' celebrations after beating Hingis in Miami 1998 ("raising the roof") and USO 2000 (smack-talking during on-court interview); probably among the most graceless moments of Venus' career. Look at her pained expression when faced with defeat from Hingis in USO 1997 and USO 1999; I've never seen such bitter looks on the normally "icey" elder sister's face. Venus, and her loud-mouthed father ("all venus has to do to win is show up," and then Hingis wins 6-4 6-0, or "I know a drug dealer who can saw off Hingis' legs") had a clear resentment for Martina.

Hingis, on the other hand, didn't take things quite as seriously. Her quick-witted one-liners ("what rivals?") were said in humor; and let's face it, Venus has NEVER been known for her humor. She just didn't "get it" and neither did her dad or sister.

I think one defining moment came during the USO 1997 final; Hingis was blitzing her less talented rival, and when Venus hit another shot long, Hingis pretended to swing at the ball in the air (as if to say "this is so easy, you must need me to help you"). It garnered a chuckle from the crowd and Hingis was obviously amused at herself. Or when she held up Venus' fallen beads like a trophy for reporters. What Hingis considered friendly jabs, the Williams camp considered horrible slights. They took Martina really freakin seriously and I wouldn't be suprised if Venus still dealt with mental issues from her damaged psyche at 17/18 years of age.

:weirdo: :help: Meanwhile, Venus had the last laugh--- she is still around with nothing embarrassing on her tennis resume to this date:tape:

brickhousesupporter
Jul 7th, 2010, 06:45 PM
:weirdo: :help: Meanwhile, Venus had the last laugh--- she is still around with nothing embarrassing on her tennis resume to this date:tape:
......and ended up being the better player. Martina's career is beginning to look like she was a transitional player that bridged the gap between WS and Henin.

Listen this rivalry is very heated, much like the Serena and Jen rivalry. Neither opponent wants to loose to the other player and that is why I think this match will be more intense than your average exhibition match.

Vlover
Jul 7th, 2010, 07:04 PM
I wasn't plannig on postig in this thread but all this :bs: makes it very difficult to ignore. For your information '97 was no defining moment for Venus because she had just completed high school at 17(something Hingis should have tried)while Hingis was playing the tour from 14 and #1 at the time. In any case tennis is not for the swift but for those who endured to the end. It would seem as if your psyche is more damaged to consider Hingis' little jabs had any effect on Venus' life what so ever.:rolleyes: Just keep that load of garbage for your Venus envy friends because Venus on and off the court is way better than Hingis in everything she does.

Talula
Jul 7th, 2010, 07:11 PM
[QUOTE=brickhousesupporter;18118846]......and ended up being the better player. Martina's career is beginning to look like she was a transitional player that bridged the gap between WS and Henin.

True, and a little sad as I loved Martina at the time. The interview Martina gave on the BBC last week with Sue Barker also seemed sad. Kournikova was bubbly and happy and when asked what her passions were now she listed her charity work and other things. Martina seemed down and didn't have a lot to say. I think she is really bruised following the you know what incident and the ban. She looked a little broken to me.

The Witch-king
Jul 7th, 2010, 08:20 PM
hingisGOAT you need a :hug:

serenafan08
Jul 7th, 2010, 08:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NskenIw7MXs

Uranium
Jul 7th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Hingis picking up Venus' beads. What the fuck is that, you ain't no janitor bitch, leave 'em on the ground.

Infiniti2001
Jul 7th, 2010, 08:27 PM

NskenIw7MXs
:lol:

Sammo
Jul 7th, 2010, 08:33 PM

Noooooooo she's had some horrible defeats in the last times and I'm a Venus fan :tape: I'm gonna enjoy Martina and Venus' match but I think Venus will thrash her

Sammo
Jul 7th, 2010, 08:36 PM
......and ended up being the better player. Martina's career is beginning to look like she was a transitional player that bridged the gap between WS and Henin.

Listen this rivalry is very heated, much like the Serena and Jen rivalry. Neither opponent wants to loose to the other player and that is why I think this match will be more intense than your average exhibition match.

Oh please what an ignorant fool... Hingis and Venus just can't be compared. Seriously do I need to start giving reasons of why Hingis' absolutely superior to Venus? I'll just say that Venus' only good thing of her career are her incredible performances at Wimbledon. but how many weeks was she number 1? 3? :haha:

Uranium
Jul 7th, 2010, 08:38 PM
^Please do give us reasons why she is ABSOLUTELY superior to Venus.
5 < 7.
9 < 12.
1 < 2.
0 < 3. (Gold Medals)

Tennisstar86
Jul 7th, 2010, 08:40 PM

sorry, thats a bitch being a bitch...of course Venus took it seriously..... Also Generally speaking the losers of Grand slam finals do not look happy.... why would Venus be happy hingis won? especially after she was a bitch to her.

Tennisstar86
Jul 7th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Oh please what an ignorant fool... Hingis and Venus just can't be compared. Seriously do I need to start giving reasons of why Hingis' absolutely superior to Venus? I'll just say that Venus' only good thing of her career are her incredible performances at Wimbledon. but how many weeks was she number 1? 3? :haha:

:help: I'll pray for you, the Jankovic and the Safina fans who will always have the fact that their players got to #1 to keep them warm at night.... :lol:

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jul 7th, 2010, 08:42 PM
lol, Venus is still playing tennis at a high level and has 7 singles GS.

Martina is appearing in shows like Beat The Star and Strictly Come Dancing.

You tell me who had the last laugh :rolls:

edificio
Jul 7th, 2010, 08:43 PM

Wow, talk about hagiography. I seriously hope you are joking. Probably Venus is still crippled mentally by all those beatdowns. Yeah, that's it. :lol:

brickhousesupporter
Jul 7th, 2010, 08:44 PM
No 11.....your point is?

Tennisstar86
Jul 7th, 2010, 08:55 PM
NskenIw7MXs

Anyone who can watch this video and then say the quality today is the same should put the drugs down. :lol:

Sammo
Jul 7th, 2010, 09:01 PM
No 11.....your point is?

My point is Hingis' 209

209>11 Thaat little differences
And btw, Hingis never gave a shit about the olympics
Hingis has won every tier I, grand slam, and year end masters but roland garros.
Hingis has 17 tier ones, Venus has 6.
From Hingis' 43 titles, most of thems are tier ones and tier twos, year end championships (she won 2) and grand slams. from Venus' 43 titles most of them are rubbish, Hingis hasn't even won a Tier IV.
Hingis made like 20 more finals than Venus.
And the best part... HINGIS' CAREER WAS MUCH SHORTER THAN VENUS

Seriously there's no way Venus is superior.

2Black
Jul 7th, 2010, 09:05 PM
This rivalry was all about 1 thing - UNFORCED ERRORS. When Venus was on, she won. When she wasn't, she lost. And since Venus always goes through patches, the matches had ups & downs. And occassionally, Venus would spray the ball all day & lose badly.

Aussie Open 2001, Venus was horrid & lost 1 & 1. Then just 2 months later in Miami, Venus was brilliant in the 1st set & cruised then she started hitting errors in the 2nd set & had to fight to win it in a tie break. Hingis gets credit for being the ultimate crafty opponent but she still had to hope Venus was off.

edificio
...HINGIS' CAREER WAS MUCH SHORTER THAN VENUS

It's the Slams, baby. 7 is greater than 5.

The Witch-king
My point is Hingis' 209

And this is something to be proud of?

2Black
Jul 7th, 2010, 09:07 PM
My point is Hingis' 209

Hingis has won every tier I, grand slam, and year end masters but roland garros.
From Hingis' 43 titles, most of thems are tier ones and tier twos, year end championships (she won 2) and grand slams. from Venus' 43 titles most of them are rubbish, Hingis hasn't even won a Tier IV.
Hingis made like much 20 more finals than Venus.

Yea, it's shorter because she was kicked out for taking COCAINE ... And she's still trying to come back. So pipe that down before we tell the real truth. If she took cocaine, no telling what else she may have taken.

shoryuken
Jul 7th, 2010, 09:07 PM
And this is something to be proud of?

IKR? :tape: :lol:

Sammo
Jul 7th, 2010, 09:09 PM
There are more possibilities that Venus put the cocaine in Hingis' drink than the fact that she took cocaine

Sammo
Jul 7th, 2010, 09:12 PM
This rivalry was all about 1 thing - UNFORCED ERRORS. When Venus was on, she won. When she wasn't, she lost. And since Venus always goes through patches, the matches had ups & downs. And occassionally, Venus would spray the ball all day & lose badly.

Aussie Open 2001, Venus was horrid & lost 1 & 1. Then just 2 months later in Miami, Venus was brilliant in the 1st set & cruised then she started hitting errors in the 2nd set & had to fight to win it in a tie break. Hingis gets credit for being the ultimate crafty opponent but she still had to hope Venus was off.

Sorry but Hingis is no Wozniacki, look at Serena's looots of errors in that 3rd set of the australian open 2001.

2Black
Jul 7th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Yeah comparing Hingis to Serena is tougher but here Venus is no match for Martina.

Again, ALL lies ... No match??? All you guys have are weeks at #1. In what has turned out to be smarter decisions from the Williams Sisters in not playing that much back then. Even during many of those weeks, many people called Venus the REAL #1 ... especially in 2000 & 2001.

Hingis is a joke & a wta-convicted druggie

Sammo
Jul 7th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Again, ALL lies ... No match??? All you guys have are weeks at #1. In what has turned out to be smarter decisions from the Williams Sisters in not playing that much back then. Even during many of those weeks, many people called Venus the REAL #1 ... especially in 2000 & 2001.

Hingis is a joke & a wta-convicted druggie

Williams sisters are jealous of Hingis because they will never have something Hingis has loads of... it's called CLASS

Sammo
Jul 7th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Quote from Serena Williams:
My ass and boobs are very big!!

Someone that says that just can be called an imbecile, about Venus... well at least she dresses better :rolleyes:

The Witch-king
Jul 7th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Williams sisters are jealous of Hingis because they will never have something Hingis has loads of... it's called CLASS

Nice joke Sammo!!! :haha: :rolls: You can lay off the irony now, we get it!:wavey:

serenus_2k8
Jul 7th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Hingis picking up Venus' beads. What the fuck is that, you ain't no janitor bitch, leave 'em on the ground.

Hingis would never have cut it as a janitor - the girl couldnt even keep herself clean :haha:

Sammo
Jul 7th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Nice joke Sammo!!! :haha: :rolls: You can lay off the irony now, we get it!:wavey:

Lol :lol: shut up. Someone that doesn't recognize Martina Hingis' class not on but also off the court just can't be called a tennis fan. So... that's the best arguement I can tell to an ignorant, shut up! :)

serenus_2k8
Jul 7th, 2010, 09:24 PM

I think you meant:

Williams sisters are jealous of Hingis because they will never have something Hingis has loads of... it's called CLASS A drugs.

Nicolás89
Yea, it's shorter because she was kicked out for taking COCAINE ... And she's still trying to come back. So pipe that down before we tell the real truth. If she took cocaine, no telling what else she may have taken.

Had Martina been tested by today's standards they wouldn't have anything against her, they clearly learned the amount of cocaine they found on Martina's body is not enough to be considered doping so they changed the rule, in fact what they found was so little that she shouldn't have felt any cocaine related effect when she ingested it.

Vlover
Whose problem is that? Hingis started playing full time on the tour at the age of 14 that is why she got burnt out so quickly. Anyway Venus is quite happy to be still playing on the tour while Hingis can on watch, wish and sniff a little coke.:lol:

Sammo

COmparing Hingis to Williams sisters is like comparing Federer to Nadal (in matters of behaviour of course)

Vlover
Jul 7th, 2010, 09:29 PM
I think he/she should lay off his/she drug of choice.

Sammo
Had Martina been tested by today's standards they wouldn't have anything against her, they clearly learned the amount of cocaine they found on Martina's body is not enough to be considered doping so they changed the rule, in fact what they found was so little that she shouldn't have felt any cocaine related effect when she ingested it.

Yep, that's true... and it's already been demonstrated? So what's your point now Serena and Venus supporters aka Hingis haters? Martina Hingis probably didnt take cocaine and there are more possibilities that the Williams sisters are on drugs now than Hingis. On the contrary, the Williams sisters are really classless imbeciles who can't behave properly, because they didn't have a good education. Oh yeah... and Hingis' particular teachers education is much better than the Williams sisters' formal education aka compton high school :rolleyes:

Nicolás89
Honestly, Venus' fans should inform themselves with facts before making speculations. If Hingis is a drug addict then the Williams sisters fix their matches. :shrug:

serenus_2k8
Jul 7th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Honestly, Venus' fans should inform themselves with facts before making speculations. If Hingis is a drug addict then the Williams sisters fix their matches. :shrug:

Dont remember the WS ever being scientifically proven match fixers. Dont remember them getting banned from the sport for it. Certainly dont remember them tarnishing their legacy and having their names dragged through the dirt for it.

If they both earn their spot in the match, let them do what the hell they want with it. :wavey:

Nicolás89
Jul 7th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Dont remember the WS ever being scientifically proven match fixers. Dont remember them getting banned from the sport for it. Certainly dont remember them tarnishing their legacy and having their names dragged through the dirt for it.

If they both earn their spot in the match, let them do what the hell they want with it. :wavey:

"Had Martina been tested by today's standards they wouldn't have anything against her, they clearly learned the amount of cocaine they found on Martina's body is not enough to be considered doping so they changed the rule, in fact what they found was so little that she shouldn't have felt any cocaine related effect when she ingested it."

Sammo
Jul 7th, 2010, 09:34 PM

Well I remember the world's opinion about the Williams sisters. They are more than tired of them.

brickhousesupporter
Jul 7th, 2010, 09:40 PM
My point is Hingis' 209

26> 11
18>11

Are you trying to tell me that Dinara and Jelena are better players than Venus. We all know that Hingis was number 1 without winning a grandslam for 2 years. She was playing week in week out to maintain her status. That is possibly what killed her feet, ironically. That stat means nothing to me and is rather arbitrary. The way the ranking is calculated has been different across generation, that it is impossible to compare.

The Witch-king
Jul 7th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Awww snap you burned me with this ....

Lol :lol: shut up. Someone that doesn't recognize Martina Hingis' class not on but also off the court just can't be called a tennis fan. So... that's the best arguement I can tell to an ignorant, shut up! :)

and then you so eloquently humbled me further with this ....

COmparing Hingis to Williams sisters is like comparing Federer to Nadal (in matters of behaviour of course)

but then you ruined it with this piece of trash:

Yep, that's true... and it's already been demonstrated? So what's your point now Serena and Venus supporters aka Hingis haters? Martina Hingis probably didnt take cocaine and there are more possibilities that the Williams sisters are on drugs now than Hingis. On the contrary, the Williams sisters are really classless imbeciles who can't behave properly, because they didn't have a good education. Oh yeah... and Hingis' particular teachers education is much better than the Williams sisters' formal education aka compton high school :rolleyes:

Yes because the Williams went to high school in Compton. And yes going to school in Compton is worse than not going to school at all.

I think he/she should lay off his/she drug of choice.

I'm thinking he/she should be put ON certain drugs.

WTF so you are saying baseless claims are equivalent to the reason for someone being BANNED from the tour?:help::help::tape::lol:

Vlover
Jul 7th, 2010, 09:45 PM
Honestly, Venus' fans should inform themselves with facts before making speculations.
Where is the speculation?:confused: Isn't it a FACT that Hingis was banned from the WTA for 2yrs for testing positive for cocain?:rolleyes: She served her suspension and is now happily playing exhibitions with 40-50 yrs retired players who are beating her.:happy:

Nicolás89
Jul 7th, 2010, 09:47 PM
26> 11
18>11

Are you trying to tell me that Dinara and Jelena are better players than Venus. We all know that Hingis was number 1 without winning a grandslam for 2 years. She was playing week in week out to maintain her status. That is possibly what killed her feet, ironically. That stat means nothing to me and is rather arbitrary. The way the ranking is calculated has been different across generation, that it is impossible to compare.

In 2000 she played 20 tournaments and in 2001 18, that's hardly playing week in week out, Hingis maintained her status for consistently making the semis or finals. :shrug:

I do agree though in that overplaying in tournaments singles/doubles killed her feet.

Nicolás89
Jul 7th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Where is the speculation?:confused: Isn't it a FACT that Hingis was banned from the WTA for 2yrs for testing positive for cocain?:rolleyes: She served her suspension and is now happily playing exhibitions with 40-50 yrs retired players who are beating her.:happy:

READ

"Had Martina been tested by today's standards they wouldn't have anything against her, they clearly learned the amount of cocaine they found on Martina's body is not enough to be considered doping so they changed the rule, in fact what they found was so little that she shouldn't have felt any cocaine related effect when she ingested it."

Pureracket
Jul 7th, 2010, 09:51 PM
READ

"Had Martina been tested by today's standards they wouldn't have anything against her, they clearly learned the amount of cocaine they found on Martina's body is not enough to be considered doping so they changed the rule, in fact what they found was so little that she shouldn't have felt any cocaine related effect when she ingested it."They must have tested her with some REALLY sensitive instruments, then. I was upset to find out that one of my favs had recognizable levels of cocaine in her bloodstream. It was embarrassing to her, me and all the rest of her fans.

Sammo
Jul 7th, 2010, 09:51 PM
So... we're talking about potential? Well I'd love to see how Hingis played in the Grand Slams following Venus and Serena's schedule. And brickhousewhatever, I did already say a lot of reasons of why Hingis is better than Venus. And I'm not gonna post them again, do me a favour and check them out will you? :)

Sammo
Jul 7th, 2010, 09:53 PM
They must have tested her with some REALLY sensitive instruments, then. I was upset to find out that one of my favs had recognizable levels of cocaine in her bloodstream. It was embarrassing to her, me and all the rest of her fans.

Well at least I'm the kind of fan that I'm with my favourites for the good and for the worse. You can't be called a fan.

Nicolás89
Jul 7th, 2010, 09:54 PM
They must have tested her with some REALLY sensitive instruments, then. I was upset to find out that one of my favs had recognizable levels of cocaine in her bloodstream. It was embarrassing to her, me and all the rest of her fans.

:haha: Did you even blink when posting that?

Pureracket
Jul 7th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Well at least I'm the kind of fan that I'm with my favourites for the good and for the worse. You can't be called a fan.Oh, I'm still a "fan," but I certainly am not silly enough to condone and cheer on illegal activity. You're more of an anti-Williams troll than anything, though. I doubt seriously if you actually have favs.

The Witch-king
READ

Yeah no one cares what your mom has to say about this whole issue

Pureracket
:confused::haha: Did you even blink when posting that?:confused:

Nicolás89
Jul 7th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Oh, I'm still a "fan," but I certainly am not silly enough to condone and cheer on illegal activity. You're more of an anti-Williams troll than anything, though. I doubt seriously if you actually have favs.

Seriously? It's a real posibility that she did not know she ingested cocaine, what they found in her body isn't even visible.

Pureracket
Jul 7th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Seriously? It's a real posibility that she did not know she ingested cocaine, what they found in her body isn't even visible.How did she fail the drug test, then?:confused:

Sammo
Jul 7th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Yeah no one cares what your mom has to say about this whole issue

Bah... get out of this conversation you know nothing. When people start saying this kind of things it's because they don't know nothing more. The Williams sisters fans of this thread may be Hingis haters but at least they know about tennis and try not to fault the users.

Slutiana
Jul 7th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Epic fail.

That is a reason for Venus being greater than Hingis. Longevity > Burnout

brickhousesupporter
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Cocaine is one of the fastest metabolized drugs. Do we know how much time had passed in between testing, as the low dose of drugs in her system could be because enough time had passed for the drug to be sufficiently metabolize.

Nicolás89
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:01 PM
:confused::confused:

Exactly, you as a fan of Hingis had me :confused:; I know you are a hater and hey, that's ok. :shrug:

Sammo
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Cocaine is one of the fastest metabolized drugs. Do we know how much time had passed in between testing, as the low dose of drugs in her system could be because enough time had passed for the drug to be sufficiently metabolize.

If it's so fst to metabolize, who da heck would take cocaine in Wimbledon?!????!!!

Sammo
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Epic fail.

Answer this question Slutiana, what's better achieving more in less time or achieving less in much more time? EPIC FAIL SLUTIANA

brickhousesupporter
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:05 PM
If it's so fst to metabolize, who da heck would take cocaine in Wimbledon?!????!!!
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused:

Are you arguing that it is not metabolized quickly, or about a players stupidity. I am confused.

Pureracket
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Exactly, you as a fan of Hingis had me :confused:; I know you are a hater and hey, that's ok. :shrug:When did you ever read where I've made an hateful or disparaging comment about Martina Hingis? I've been disappointed about her response to the drugs. Other than that, you've not known me to make any hateful comment. You're either confused or lying, Matias.

Nicolás89
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:06 PM
How did she fail the drug test, then?:confused:

Because the old system didn't allow any amount of cocaine in blood, which is ridiculous, hence they had to change the rule . :sad:

Vlover
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:07 PM
READ

OK, I don't really care.:shrug: Just drop the :bs: about Hingis being superior to Venus because as it stands now Hingis is irrelevant.

Nicolás89
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:08 PM
When did you ever read where I've made an hateful or disparaging comment about Martina Hingis? I've been disappointed about her response to the drugs. Other than that, you've not known me to make any hateful comment. You're either confused or lying, Matias.

Lol You do love that word, don't you?

I said it was ok.

Slutiana
Someone that says that just can be called an imbecile
Ythe Williams sisters are really classless imbeciles
Did you learn that word in kindergarten today? :hearts:

Tennisstar86

a drug addict......

Sammo
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:10 PM
OK, I don't really care.:shrug: Just drop the :bs: about Hingis being superior to Venus because as it stands now Hingis is irrelevant.

Great, so Venus is superior to Navratilova because Navratilova now is irrelevant, hmmm I see your point :eek:

Slutiana
Answer this question Slutiana, what's better achieving more in less time or achieving less in much more time? EPIC FAIL SLUTIANA
You just don't understand. :hug: Bless you and your simple brain.

Nicolás89

Quote? With that post you're the one stirring up bs. :shrug:

Pureracket
Lol You do love that word, don't you?

I said it was ok.I like it when it applies. Please don't backpeddle. You called me an hater, but you can't back it up. It sounds like you're the one who is rather gratuitous with words.

Sammo
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:11 PM
a drug addict......

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: hahahahahahahahahaha that actually made me laugh for real!!

The Witch-king
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Epic fail.

Just like
not being banned > being banned

Nicolás89
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:12 PM

2 weeks? They are tested at the french open. :shrug:

Sammo
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:12 PM
You just don't understand. :hug: Bless you and your simple brain.

Lol that's always the last arguement of the ignorant, saying he/she is superior and quitting

Tennisstar86
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:14 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: hahahahahahahahahaha that actually made me laugh for real!!

I was just pointing out what a stupid question you asked... I'm happy you agree.... Now maybe you can realize how dumb the rest of your other post have been in this thread.......

Sammo
Just like
not being banned > being banned

just like

not being hated by 3/4 parts of the world > being hated by 3/4 parts of the world

VishaalMaria
7 is greater than 5.

Thus, Venus is the greater player.

brickhousesupporter
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:15 PM
2 weeks? They are tested at the french open. :shrug:

Cocaine takes about 2-5 days to clear the body and is on the lower end for a fit athlete. She probably thought it would be out of her system by the time she was tested. I don't think it is a coincidence that a couple of players tested + for cocaine. They probably thought it would be out of their systems in time for the next test.

Sammo
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:15 PM
I was just pointed out what a stupid question you asked... I'm happy you agree.... Now maybe you can realize how dumb the rest of your other post have been in this thread.......

You weren't serious in your last post? Were... were you? :D

Nicolás89
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:16 PM
I like it when it applies. Please don't backpeddle. You called me an hater, but you can't back it up. It sounds like you're the one who is rather gratuitous with words.

It can't be applied here though. :shrug:

Pureracket
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Cocaine takes about 2-5 days to clear the body and is on the lower end for a fit athlete. She probably thought it would be out of her system by the time she was tested. I don't think it is a coincidence that a couple of players tested + for cocaine. They probably thought it would be out of their systems in time for the next test.I'd read this. The disappointing thing is that Hingis didn't put up much of a fight. She denied it, yea, but I was prepared to support her to the end. She let the charges stick.

Sammo
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Cocaine takes about 2-5 days to clear the body and is on the lower end for a fit athlete. She probably thought it would be out of her system by the time she was tested. I don't think it is a coincidence that a couple of players tested + for cocaine. They probably thought it would be out of their systems in time for the next test.

Well someone who is going to take such a risk I think that firstly he/she would try to get reported about how long does the cocaine take to clear the body.

Tennisstar86
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:18 PM
You weren't serious in your last thread? Were... were you? :D

No, I wasnt, I dont think Hingis did the drugs on purpose. She may have, but the point was who would take cocaine during Wimbledon... :lol:

Pureracket
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:18 PM
It can't be applied here though. :shrug:When it involves calling me an hater of Martina Hingis, it does. Please don't stereotype, or @ least don't categorize me according to your preconceived notion of an Hingis fan should appear to be, ok?

Sammo
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:19 PM
No, I wasnt, I dont think Hingis did the drugs on purpose. She may have, but the point was who would take cocaine during Wimbledon... :lol:

Ah! lol :lol:

Pureracket
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:21 PM
No, I wasnt, I dont think Hingis did the drugs on purpose. She may have, but the point was who would take cocaine during Wimbledon... :lol:A person who needs to calm down from the pressure of having to always succeed.

Sammo
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:23 PM
A person who needs to calm down from the pressure of having to always succeed.

LOL

Cocaine doesn't exactly... calm down :happy:

Tennisstar86
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:24 PM
A person who needs to calm down from the pressure of having to always succeed.

I prefer my "a drug addict" response better. ;)

Nicolás89
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:25 PM

More than a full week and only 42 ng/ml of metabolite of cocaine was found in her system, equivalent for an invisible amount of cocaine. :shrug:

Nicolás89
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:26 PM
When it involves calling me an hater of Martina Hingis, it does. Please don't stereotype, or @ least don't categorize me according to your preconceived notion of an Hingis fan should appear to be, ok?

Don't worry I haven't and I already said it was ok.

Pureracket
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:27 PM
More than a full week and only 42 ng/ml of metabolite of cocaine was found in her system, equivalent for an invisible amount of cocaine. :shrug:"Invisible" means to not able to be seen or detected.

Sammo
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Invisible is about vision. Not detection.

Nicolás89
"Invisible" means to not able to be seen or detected.

Invisible for the human eye.

VishaalMaria
My point is Hingis' 209

I could argue that Venus, deep down, doesn't give a crap about weeks at number one or how many tier one titles she has!

You're quite deluded if you ignore the fact Venus has TWO more slams than Martina, BUT acknowledge all the other relative MINOR accomplishments. Talk about being selective. When you compare two players in hope to deduce which player is greater, you FIRST take into account the number of singles slams they have and that trumps EVERYTHING. If both players have the same number of singles slams then you take into account rest of the relative minor details.

So you're telling me, Hingis would rather have her weeks at number one, her 20 more finals than two more singles slams that Venus has? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Vlover
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Quote? With that post you're the one stirring up bs. :shrug:
Obviously reality and the facts doesn't go well with your myths. Honestly if she wasn't playing Venus or Serena who would care really?:tape:

Tennisstar86
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:29 PM
More than a full week and only 42 ng/ml of metabolite of cocaine was found in her system, equivalent for an invisible amount of cocaine. :shrug:

MAybe I'm mistaken but didnt they test her twice? Once before the tournament and then a week after she failed? (I dont know...I didnt pay to close attention to it) I do remember them saying she failed two test.

brickhousesupporter
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:30 PM

Do you know when she took the drugs.......if not, then you can't argue it was more than a week.

Tennisstar86
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:31 PM
I could argue that Venus, deep down, doesn't give a crap about weeks at number one or how many tier one titles she has!

You're quite deluded if you ignore the fact Venus has TWO more slams than Martina, BUT acknowledge all the other relative MINOR accomplishments. Talk about being selective. When you compare two players in hope to deduce which player is greater, you FIRST take into account the number of singles slams they have and that trumps EVERYTHING. If both players have the same number of singles slams then you take into account rest of the relative minor details.

So you're telling me, Hingis would rather have her weeks at number one, her 20 more finals than two more singles slams? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

yeah.... all the you cant compare generations blah blah doesnt apply here. these girls are the same age and played during the same generation. Venus 7 Hingis 5. Venus>Hingis...

Nicolás89
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:32 PM
MAybe I'm mistaken but didnt they test her twice? Once before the tournament and then a week after she failed? (I dont know...I didnt pay to close attention to it) I do remember them saying she failed two test.

No, she failed only one. The irony is, had she defeated Granville in the 2r they wouldn't have tested her in the first place :tape:

Nicolás89
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Do you know when she took the drugs.......if not, then you can't argue it was more than a week.

I'm not arguing when the cocaine was ingested.

Infiniti2001
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:34 PM

And for how many weeks was Hingis was a hollow # 1? :lol::help:

brickhousesupporter
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:37 PM
No, she failed only one. The irony is, had she defeated Granville in the 2r they wouldn't have tested her in the first place :tape:

There you have it.....she probably thought she would have won the match and would have been safe from testing.......Hingis fans should be more upset with Granville, than with the with the amount of cocaine. Damn you Laura.

Nicolás89
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:39 PM
There you have it.....she probably thought she would have won the match and would have been safe from testing.......Hingis fans should be more upset with Granville, than with the with the amount of cocaine. Damn you Laura.

She didn't, it was a random test, the people who decide when tests are being done were going to test the loser of that match.

Infiniti2001
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:39 PM
There are more possibilities that Venus put the cocaine in Hingis' drink than the fact that she took cocaine

Ignorance is bliss :lol::help:

hingis-seles
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:44 PM

Martina Hingis was perhaps the most arrogant world number one in the history of the sport, which is saying something considering all the catty, cocky women who have held the #1 ranking. When Venus arrived on the scene, most people forget that she was very cold and aloof - she matured recently. But back then, there was this "us against the world attitude". Hingis was a friendly, outgoing, obnoxious player who spoke whatever was on her mind and her comments weren't only limited to the Williams Sisters - Graf, Seles, Davenport, Novotna, Kournikova, Mauresmo and even lesser lights such as Stubbs, Raymond, Smashnova and Rittner were on the receiving end of some of Martina's comments. Ofcourse, Richard Williams being the attention-whore that he was fueled the fire, joining in with a bunch of teenage girls with his comments. The comment before the 1999 San Diego final was hilarious considering what transpired in that match. Yes, Venus did have animosity with Hingis in their rivalry as you pointed out - but Martina was just as venomous with Venus. Remember the reaction to winning their RG 1998 QF - read Martina's lips. And the pact she made with Lindsay. Or her referring to Venus and Serena as "the two-headed monster" and her comment that "with Venus sometimes she doesn't know what she's doing out there. It's not tennis". Or even when she slapped Venus with her racquet bag at Wimbledon. Who cares, nearly a decade later? The point is, they talked trash but were able to back it up on the court. Something that can not be said of today's bland players.

Ah, the simplistic analysis of the Hingis-Venus rivalry. What you people fail to understand is it was Hingis' point construction and how early she took the ball that kept the big babes off balance, allowing her to win points against them. Martina forced the Williams Sisters and Davenport to alter their big babe mentality by being aggressive, yet controlling that aggression to ensure they didn't make too many errors. Credit to them for achieving it: Hingis presented quite a dilemma. Take risks and hit out and hope everything lands in or play safe and keep the errors to a minimum - either way the opponent was toast.

And if you still insist on the line of thinking that "buT quEen Veeee maDes all dEm unfurced errorzssz!11" then consider this: What is the basic objective of tennis? To keep the ball inside the lines of the court and over the net. If Venus truly did make all those unforced errors everytime she lost to Martina, how on earth does that make her a better player? She was the worse player on court every time she made "too many unforced errors", and so deserved to lose. Whenever you make the argument that she made too many unforced errors, you're only highlighting her incapability as a player.

Infiniti2001
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:45 PM
just like

not being hated by 3/4 parts of the world > being hated by 3/4 parts of the world

Huh? who? WFF? :lol: Venus has been on a book tour here in the U.S. the last few days. She's very happy, and based on the reactions from the crowds, I don't think she gives a rat's ass with the 3/4 parts of the world. She's enjoying her life.. It would be wish is you and the rest did the same :help:

VishaalMaria
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:47 PM
It's clear as daylight that when it comes to Venus, some Martina Hingis fans are bitter as hell that the once inferior rival has managed to surpass Hingis in greatness and is STILL going strong in todays game (the game has surpassed Hingis and so really, along with the added maturity, she'd have no basis in making her catty comments because then she'd just look even more stupid; if thats possible considering her cocaine issues).

With everythings thats happened over the past decade with their rivalry, I think we all know who won that one. ;)

hingis-seles
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:48 PM

Except for the little fact that you don't know what Venus cares about and whether or not Venus cares about weeks at number one is irrelevant. If it is a measure of greatness, it is a measure of greatness.

hingis-seles
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:50 PM
With everythings thats happened over the past decade with their rivalry, I think we all know who won that one. ;)

Hingis leads 11-10. But thanks for the reminder! :D

thrust
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:52 PM

NO, Hingis was the transitional champ between the GRAF AND WILLIAMS ERAS, much like Hewitt was the transition champ between the Sampras and Federer era. Hingis was a great player but eventually could not handle the best power players once they reached their potential.

Infiniti2001
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:52 PM

And as great as hingis is made out to be, I'd say Venus did herself damn good to be behind with one loss :shrug:

hingis-seles
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:54 PM
NO, Hingis was the transitional champ between the GRAF AND WILLIAMS ERAS, much like Hewitt was the transition champ between the Sampras and Federer era. Hingis was a great player but eventually could not handle the best power players once they reached their potential.

It could be argued that Venus was the transitional champ between Hingis and Serena, both of whom had longer tenures at the top than Venus, who even at her peak couldn't manage more than 2 Slams a year.

And as great as hingis is made out to be, I'd say Venus did herself damn good to be behind with one loss :shrug:

You won't get any arguments from me. 11-10 is too close to call - it's practically dead even.

VishaalMaria
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Except for the little fact that you don't know what Venus cares about and whether or not Venus cares about weeks at number one is irrelevant. If it is a measure of greatness, it is a measure of greatness.

The same way, the poster I was quoting, does not know what Hingis cares about in terms of tennis.

But the only difference is, I didn't actually make an argument about Venus, the poster that I quoted did as if he/she knows Hingis personally. Which is why I said "I could [make an arguement].."

Some measures of greatness are ranked higher than others. Weeks at number one is not on the same level as the number of singles slams you have. Which is why Venus is greater.

VishaalMaria
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:57 PM

Venus has her two extra slam trophies to give her some comfort. All Hingis has is that lone extra win (and if she remembers that, then no doubt she also remembers Venus has two extra slams). Which shoes do you think Hingis would rather be in, having two extra slams or one extra win (at a relative minor tournament)?

You don't have to be in Hingis' social circle to know the answer to that one.

Dodoboy.
Jul 7th, 2010, 11:00 PM
:haha: This thread, who is that troll?

hingis-seles
Jul 7th, 2010, 11:01 PM
The same way, the poster I was quoting, does not know what Hingis cares about in terms of tennis.

But the only difference is, I didn't actually make an argument about Venus, the poster that I quoted did as if he/she knows Hingis personally. Which is why I said "I could [make an arguement].."

Some measures of greatness are ranked higher than others. Weeks at number one is not on the same level as the number of singles slams you have. Which is why Venus is greater.

Reading the poster's argument which you were refuting, all he stated was that Hingis didn't give a shit about the Olympics - which is also equally absurd because no one cares what Hingis thinks. However, it should be noted that tennis was not an Olympic sport from the 1920s till the end of the 1980s - it's relevance in tennis history is limited at best.

Singles slams may be greater than weeks at number one, but that doesn't mean weeks at number one should be tossed aside. They are an important factor in considering the greats of the sport.

hingis-seles
Jul 7th, 2010, 11:02 PM
Venus has her two extra Wimbledon Venus Rose-water dishes to give her some comfort.

Hingis has that lone extra win. No doubt, (or MAYBE) the reminder of that will ALSO remind Hingis of the aforementioned too, knowing how competitive she is.

My reply was just a response to your comment that we all know who "won" that rivalry, which Hingis did 11 matches to 10. :D

VishaalMaria
Jul 7th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Reading the poster's argument which you were refuting, all he stated was that Hingis didn't give a shit about the Olympics - which is also equally absurd because no one cares what Hingis thinks. However, it should be noted that tennis was not an Olympic sport from the 1920s till the end of the 1980s - it's relevance in tennis history is limited at best.

Singles slams may be greater than weeks at number one, but that doesn't mean weeks at number one should be tossed aside. They are an important factor in considering the greats of the sport.

Weeks at number one SHOULD be tossed aside WHEN you're comparing one player who has SEVEN single slams titles with one that has five. Its clutching at straws, scraping the barrel if one (I'm not talking about you) wants to use that to reason why Hingis is greater than Venus.

Vlover
Jul 7th, 2010, 11:09 PM
Exactly! For how the Venus envy bithces who describe Venus as a no talent, brainless ball basher you would think Venus is Hingis' bitch with a 10-0 h2h.:lol: Hingis had to rely on Venus' errors to gain points in a match because she was not capable of hitting winners at will as Venus did.

VishaalMaria
Jul 7th, 2010, 11:10 PM
My reply was just a response to your comment that we all know who "won" that rivalry, which Hingis did 11 matches to 10. :D

And I edited my post to make my point clear.

Do you really think Hingis is content with having that one extra win over Venus, when Venus has two extra singles slams?

I don't think she is, so therefore IMHO Venus has had the last laugh.

brickhousesupporter
Jul 7th, 2010, 11:14 PM

That was what I meant. It was a typo

hingis-seles
Jul 7th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Weeks at number one SHOULD be tossed aside WHEN you're comparing one player who has SEVEN single slams titles with one that has five. Its clutching at straws, scraping the barrel if one (I'm not talking about you) wants to use that to reason why Hingis is greater than Venus.

Venus has the superior accomplishments in comparison to Hingis. No one can argue otherwise. But when some Venus fans (not you) begin to portray her as this useless piece of trash who was lucky to accomplish all she did and only win because of Venus' errors, the trolls come out. It's a viscious cycle.

Exactly! For how the Venus envy bithces who describe Venus as a no talent, brainless ball basher you would think Venus is Hingis' bitch with a 10-0 h2h.:lol: Hingis had to rely on Venus' errors to gain points in a match because she was not capable of hitting winners at will as Venus did.

Read my response to 2Black.

And I edited my post to make my point clear.

Do you really think Hingis is content with having that one extra win over Venus, when Venus has two extra singles slams?

I don't think she is, so therefore IMHO Venus has had the last laugh.

All your post said was who won the rivalry which would imply the series between the two, not a comparison of their careers. Which is why I poked fun and said Hingis had the last laugh.

.Andrew.
Jul 7th, 2010, 11:26 PM
Ah, the simplistic analysis of the Hingis-Venus rivalry. What you people fail to understand is it was Hingis' point construction and how early she took the ball that kept the big babes off balance, allowing her to win points against them. Martina forced the Williams Sisters and Davenport to alter their big babe mentality by being aggressive, yet controlling that aggression to ensure they didn't make too many errors. Credit to them for achieving it: Hingis presented quite a dilemma. Take risks and hit out and hope everything lands in or play safe and keep the errors to a minimum - either way the opponent was toast.

And if you still insist on the line of thinking that "buT quEen Veeee maDes all dEm unfurced errorzssz!11" then consider this: What is the basic objective of tennis? To keep the ball inside the lines of the court and over the net. If Venus truly did make all those unforced errors everytime she lost to Martina, how on earth does that make her a better player? She was the worse player on court every time she made "too many unforced errors", and so deserved to lose. Whenever you make the argument that she made too many unforced errors, you're only highlighting her incapability as a player.

Perfect. :worship:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 7th, 2010, 11:28 PM

i'm sorry but this is absolutely amazing :rolls:

as per JMac "you can NOT be serious:

Kworb
Jul 7th, 2010, 11:32 PM
All Venus has on Hingis is longevity. 13 years and going strong. Hingis only had like half that. But in that period Hingis still won three more Slams, she won more tournaments, way more weeks at #1, and her tennis was way better. Let's face it, in the end Venus will only be remembered as the sparring partner of her GOAT sister.

hingis-seles
Jul 7th, 2010, 11:36 PM
All Venus has on Hingis is longevity. 13 years and going strong. Hingis only had like half that. But in that period Hingis still won three more Slams, she won more tournaments, way more weeks at #1, and her tennis was way better. Let's face it, in the end Venus will only be remembered as the sparring partner of her GOAT sister.

That's unfair and untrue. The Williams Sisters are a phenomenon that will be remembered in history - they are a unique success story. And Venus can rest on her own laurels as a champion in the modern game - she has 5 singles titles at Wimbledon, which is more than even her GOAT sister.

The Witch-king
Jul 7th, 2010, 11:41 PM
Venus has the superior accomplishments in comparison to Hingis. No one can argue otherwise. But when some Venus fans (not you) begin to portray her as this useless piece of trash who was lucky to accomplish all she did and only win because of Venus' errors, the trolls come out. It's a viscious cycle.

take the blindfolds of your eyes. It was Hingis fan who were bashing Venus all along. All we did was alude to the fact that Hingis is/was/has tendencies of a crack ho.:wavey:

hingis-seles
Jul 7th, 2010, 11:48 PM
take the blindfolds of your eyes. It was Hingis fan who were bashing Venus all along. All we did was alude to the fact that Hingis is/was/has tendencies of a crack ho.:wavey:

I rest my case.

The Witch-king
Jul 7th, 2010, 11:50 PM
I rest my case.

I didn't criticise her tennis :shrug:

Infiniti2001
Jul 7th, 2010, 11:52 PM

:help: Hingis won her 5 slams way before Venus could win 1, so what exactly is your point? :tape:And if you really think this is how Venus will be remembered you know nothing about tennis :help:

LeonHart
Jul 7th, 2010, 11:56 PM
Hingis did go to school you bums. It's called having a private tutor. How do you think Martina knows so many languages at such a young age?

Matt01
Jul 7th, 2010, 11:58 PM
Well I remember the world's opinion about the Williams sisters. They are more than tired of them.

:spit:

akosijepoy
Jul 7th, 2010, 11:58 PM
team VENUS!

LeonHart
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:01 AM
Just think - how girls that are playing today say they look up to Hingis. Wozniacki, Radwanska, Larcher de Brito, Laura Robson - just to name a few. I honestly can't remember any girls saying they looked up to Venus or Serena :tape: Hingis had more of an impact on the game of tennis than the William sisters, and there's the proof.

The Witch-king
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Just think - how girls that are playing today say they look up to Hingis. Wozniacki, Radwanska, Larcher de Brito, Laura Robson - just to name a few. I honestly can't remember any girls saying they looked up to Venus or Serena :tape: Hingis had more of an impact on the game of tennis than the William sisters, and there's the proof.

Ofcourse those girls didn't look up to the Williams. They suck.

Amanda
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Read her WTT interview post...Martina had nothing but praise for Venus and Serena. She even admitted that when Venus and Serena came along, they were the one's to beat. Lol @ the "fans" who really think that Venus, Martina, Serena, Monica, Kim, Justine...really give a rat's ass about the "hater" comments posted online. LOL!

Infiniti2001
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:04 AM

That's all you got? :shrug:

Infiniti2001
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:06 AM
Hingis did go to school you bums. It's called having a private tutor. How do you think Martina knows so many languages at such a young age?

Kids who haven't seen the inside of a school can speak many languages :shrug:

VishaalMaria
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:10 AM

That's a bit of a stretch. Almost as good as the "weeks at number one" argument.

Again, scraping the barrel.

debby
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:13 AM
Hingis should have said Stepanek fucked her after taking cocaine. I am sure she would not have been banned, and Stepanek yes. :dance: Much better to see a beauty rather than an ugly one on the tour destroying another beauty's career. :dance:

LeonHart
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:13 AM
That's a bit of a stretch. Almost as good as the "weeks at number one" argument.

Again, scraping the barrel.

No it's not. It's definitive proof that Martina's career has shaped the tour today.

Amanda
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:14 AM
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/daustin22/hater.gif

LeonHart
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:15 AM

Which players that don't suck looked up to the Williams may I ask?

The Witch-king
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:16 AM
How many girls in the top 100 molded their games from the Williams
You're not serious,,,:help:

VishaalMaria
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:19 AM
No it's not. It's definitive proof that Martina's career has shaped the tour today.

Shape the tour? Proof?

Uhm, ok.

As I remember it, it was the Williams Sisters who shaped the tour with their power play, which ironically forced Hingis out the game.

Amanda
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:20 AM
Martina Hingis herself stated that Venus and Serena changed the game and everyone had to adjust to catch up to their level of play. LOL!

Martian Jeza
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:21 AM
You're not serious,,,:help:

I'm afraid, he's right.

Matt01
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:21 AM
Shape the tour? Proof?

Uhm, ok.

As I remember it, it was the Williams Sisters who shaped the tour with their power play, which ironically forced Hingis out the game.

The "power play" already existed when Hingis was the #1 player. The WS didn't invent it. I guess one could say that they developed it futher, though.

The Witch-king
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:23 AM
I'm afraid, he's right.
errrr......
Martina Hingis herself stated that Venus and Serena changed the game and everyone had to adjust to catch up to their level of play. LOL!

The Witch-king
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:24 AM
The "power play" already existed when Hingis was the #1 player. The WS didn't invent it. I guess one could say that they developed it futher, though.

And who is claiming they invented it?

LeonHart
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:26 AM
I'm just saying, a lot of the new generation coming up say they looked up to Hingis. Not so much about the Williams. Why would I be joking - this is the facts. So live with it.

Amanda
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:29 AM
I'm just saying, a lot of the new generation coming up say they looked up to Hingis. Not so much about the Williams. Why would I be joking - this is the facts. So live with it.
Not a fact...just the opinion of a super hater.:tape:

Paneru
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:29 AM
So this is just a bitch session thread I take it? :cool:

LeonHart
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:30 AM
Not a fact...just the opinion of a super hater.:tape:

How is it not a fact? Or are you in need of a brain operation? :)

Amanda
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:32 AM
I just had a brain operation...I'm fine.

LeonHart
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:32 AM
I just had a brain operation...I'm fine.

That explains it. :wavey:

Infiniti2001
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:33 AM
So this is just a bitch session thread I take it? :cool:

Yep. Between working 12 hour days and stressing over my sick grandma, I was away for a little while. I promised myself that I will no longer get involved in these petty squabbles--yet here I am :lol::help:

Matt01
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:35 AM
And who is claiming they invented it?

I dunno. Is that important? :shrug:

petkoan
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:35 AM
BREAKING NEWS: Ms. S. WILLIAMS, MS. VENUS WILLIAMS AND THE SWISS MISS DO NOT GIVE A SH*T ABOUT THIS TOPIC

Amanda
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:36 AM
That explains it. :wavey:
Yes, you are indeed a super hater!:wavey:

Serena y Monica
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:36 AM
Hingis looks really good. She has such a cute smile. Seems to really love the sport.

Paneru
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:37 AM
Yep. Between working 12 hour days and stressing over my sick grandma, I was away for a little while. I promised myself that I will no longer get involved in these petty squabbles--yet here I am :lol::help:

:hug:

Happens to the best of us! :lol:

Vee Williams
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:37 AM

It's not that they invented the 'power game'. They took it to a different level, added some superb athleticism, some great serving, a few amazing returns, and it all changed the game of tennis. Ironically, as has already been posted, this game also kicked Martina Hingis out of tennis.

Amanda
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:44 AM
http://www.femmething.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/NEW_GRACE.jpgFor Paneru

tennisbum79
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:46 AM
Not a fact.

Most of the girls are ermulating the ws.

edificio
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:46 AM
Hingis was a great player, and Venus is still a great player. Venus has more slams, Hingis the bigger mouth.

Matt01
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:49 AM
Hingis was a great player, and Venus is still a great player. Venus has more slams, Hingis the bigger mouth.

Venus has Wimbledon and the US Open.
Hingis has Wimbledon and the US Open plus the Australian Open.

You see, there's different ways to look at it.

VishaalMaria
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:50 AM

That's what I meant, the Williams Sisters developed it to a greater extent. That was their contribution to the game and that's why 99.9 per cent of players that are up and coming hit hard flat groundstrokes.

Vlover
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:55 AM
I know what you mean.:lol: I wasn't in the mood to reply myself but when I see what some of the Venus envy bitches are posting I couldn't resist because Hingis is not even included in the "best of last decade" discussions that is how irrelevant she has become.:tape: Hingis should be lucky Venus wants give some time to BJK or Venus would not be wasting her time with WTT.

Serena y Monica
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:57 AM

READ

IF if's and and's were pots and pans...there'd be no need for hardware stores.

Serena y Monica
Jul 8th, 2010, 01:00 AM
Seriously? It's a real posibility that she did not know she ingested cocaine, what they found in her body isn't even visible.

LOL!!! Martina was suspended for using invisible cocaine? lol!

DA FOREHAND
Jul 8th, 2010, 01:09 AM

thanks for that . you've made me lose time again...enthralling match

KBdoubleu
Jul 8th, 2010, 01:11 AM
My point is Hingis' 209

Hingis' career is significantly shorter than Venus' in terms of years played- but Venus has played just 10 more tournaments than Hingis in their entire careers (even though Hingis retired, came back was suspended for two years for cocaine, subsequently retired, and now appears to be mulling over another come back).

LeonHart
Jul 8th, 2010, 01:56 AM
Not a fact.

Most of the girls are ermulating the ws.

Emulating the WS how? Ballbashing was developed well before the WS. In what way are they emulating the WS otherwise? I can say they're emulating Monica Seles or Mary Pierce more than the WS. IT IS a FACT that all the girls I posted have said they looked up to Hingis when they were younger.

tennisbum79
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:21 AM
Emulating the WS how? Ballbashing was developed well before the WS. In what way are they emulating the WS otherwise? I can say they're emulating Monica Seles or Mary Pierce more than the WS. IT IS a FACT that all the girls I posted have said they looked up to Hingis when they w youerenger.
"When they were younger", that could be.

But when they get to junior and prepare to join the pro circuit. reality sets in and they realized they can't go anywhere with that kind of game.

You shoudl not forget Hingis retired because her game became obsolete.

Yes it is beautiful in lower rounds, but when she meet higher ranked players deep in the draw, she foldsl

mdterp01
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:33 AM
NskenIw7MXs

What was Venus saying at the end of that?

Infiniti2001
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:35 AM
Hingis' career is significantly shorter than Venus' in terms of years played- but Venus has played just 10 more tournaments than Hingis in their entire careers (even though Hingis retired, came back was suspended for two years for cocaine, subsequently retired, and now appears to be mulling over another come back).

Exactly!! Some of these Venus haters are so determined to put her down without knowing the facts :rolleyes:

LeonHart
Jul 8th, 2010, 06:11 AM
"When they were younger", that could be.

But when they get to junior and prepare to join the pro circuit. reality sets in and they realized they can't go anywhere with that kind of game.

You shoudl not forget Hingis retired because her game became obsolete.

Yes it is beautiful in lower rounds, but when she meet higher ranked players deep in the draw, she foldsl

What rank is Radwanska and Wozniacki again? Oh yea. K what did you say? :haha:

Slutiana
Jul 8th, 2010, 06:26 AM
This. :shrug:
Lord have mercy, you just don't get it do you? Thank god I stopped taking you seriously all the way back when you likened Dulgheru to Hingis.

Infiniti2001
Jul 8th, 2010, 06:46 AM
What rank is Radwanska and Wozniacki again? Oh yea. K what did you say? :haha:

:lol: No wonder the tour is set to be a mess once the sisters and the Belgians retire :rolleyes: I mean it's not like the pair have to die for games and you know neither will be winning anything of significance anytime soon :rolls:

bandabou
Jul 8th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Hmmmm.....Vee really ended up standing still. I really expected her to have more than just two more majors than Hingis by now.

Polikarpov
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:44 AM
I like them both.:sobbing:

Max565
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Both the Hingis and Venus fans in this thread are ridiculous....:rolleyes:

tom62
Jul 8th, 2010, 01:03 PM
not bad lost 5/4 ( martina leads 4/3 40/00 before to lost ) in may martina it was in france for only showjumping , no training in hardcourt ( only grass in england )
you can comeback to tp10 martina if you training at 100%

yesterday she was plaiyng with a babolat ????? no yonex for the swiss-miss ?

tom62
Jul 8th, 2010, 01:07 PM
yess hingis carrer is most impressive what venus , martina hingis is a very champion ( 209 weeks number1 ) 16 tiers1 , little slam in 1997 IN SINGLE .grand slam in double in 1998 , also 14 years for venus in tennis against only 10 years for martina with the most reccords , and martina will playin with 17 differents partners in double , venus only this siters :) :)

martina hingis is a real champion !!!!!

Serenita
Jul 8th, 2010, 01:12 PM
yess hingis carrer is most impressive what venus , martina hingis is a very champion ( 209 weeks number1 ) 16 tiers1 , little slam in 1997 IN SINGLE .grand slam in double in 1998 , also 14 years for venus in tennis against only 10 years for martina with the most reccords , and martina will playin with 17 differents partners in double , venus only this siters :) :)

Does this mean u have FAKE champions?? :help:

Baselinebasher
Jul 8th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Martina was pure joy to watch. So technical and intelligent on court. Even if she won less slams, she'll always be greater in my eyes. Wish more players were like her at the top instead of brainless ball bashers we have today.

tennisbum79
Jul 8th, 2010, 01:39 PM

Martina retired because he game could no longer compete with the big hitters
Yes, she could still manage to beat an aging Selles once in while, but once Davenport, Capriati, Venus, Serena, Pierce and others hit their stride, it became too taxing on her body and mind to deal with in rounds after rounds of each tournament.

tonybotz
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:04 PM
hingis quit because she always quits when faced with a challenge. just like the drug charge. hingis only stuck around when things were going easily for her. as soon as the Williams sisters stepped up their game, she was out of there.

Serenita
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:55 PM
hingis quit because she always quits when faced with a challenge. just like the drug charge. hingis only stuck around when things were going easily for her. as soon as the Williams sisters stepped up their game, she was out of there.

She's a quittter! For all the drama, she didnt had the mentality to stick around and try to figure it out. She simply gave up an ran away. :lol:

hingisGOAT
Jul 8th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Americans would love to think that Williamsx2 and Davenport hit Hingis out of the game, but the fact is she had a winning record against them when she was playing like a scrub in her 2006 comeback. :) Her problem in 2001/2002, in addition to injuries, was that she started losing to players she previously owned -- Seles, Mauresmo, ASV, Ruano-Pascual, J-Cap. These were not players that could overpower Hingis :wavey:

But Williams fans (aka... Hingis hatas) think that the game is just too advanced for Hingis; in a year where Wozniacki, Jankovic, Radwanska are top 10 players and recent Slam finalists include Schiavone, Stosur, Zvonareva, crap-Henin-2.0 and a Serena Williams who is half as good as she was 10 years ago. :help:

Stamp Paid
Jul 8th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Williams sisters are jealous of Hingis because they will never have something Hingis has loads of... it's called CLASSOh this is a GOAT quote right here :lol::lol::lol::tape:

volta
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:13 PM

quote of the century :haha: even better than your other claim of Serena not being able to hit a kick serve :rolls:

As for this Rivalry , it is my all time fav. It's between two of my all time fav players as well so you cannot go wrong with that :drool:

LeonHart
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:18 PM
:lol: No wonder the tour is set to be a mess once the sisters and the Belgians retire :rolleyes: I mean it's not like the pair have to die for games and you know neither will be winning anything of significance anytime soon :rolls:

Yea and any player that probably idolized the Williams aren't even in the top 100 or we'd surely hear about them :lol::haha:

HRHoliviasmith
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:25 PM

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Hingis would never have cut it as a janitor - the girl couldnt even keep herself clean :haha:

:hysteric: :sobbing:

LeonHart
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:27 PM
This. :shrug:

Lord have mercy, you just don't get it do you? Thank god I stopped taking you seriously all the way back when you likened Dulgheru to Hingis.

Oh no, some dude named Slutiana is not taking me seriously anymore. What ever shall I do :hysteric:

HRHoliviasmith
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:28 PM

:sobbing: :rolls: :rolls: :rolls:

THE END.

Sammo
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Martina retired because he game could no longer compete with the big hitters
Yes, she could still manage to beat an aging Selles once in while, but once Davenport, Capriati, Venus, Serena, Pierce and others hit their stride, it became too taxing on her body and mind to deal with in rounds after rounds of each tournament.

WRONG WRONG AND WRONG!!!

Oh please!!!!! Why do people are so obsessed with this all??!! Martina has difficulties against players who are at the same level as her!! As everybody has!! People who overpower Martina Hingis like Alla Kudryavtseva usually get thrashed by her!! The problem is that her game is mostly based on moving well and fitness. When the fitness and the speed fail she starts losing to players like Mirza ¬¬'

Infiniti2001
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Yea and any player that probably idolized the Williams aren't even in the top 100 or we'd surely hear about them :lol::haha:

Of course it's nice to hear young players say who they idolized--- if you've noticed this is not a part of the sisters vocabulary.. Now occasionally they give praise to Monica Seles (couldn't disagree),but that's about it. I doubt they need validation from anyone considering they've done everything their way :p Oh and by the way, Nadia Petrova is in the top 100. I leave it up to you to find out how she feels about the sisters, Venus especially.

Sammo
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Well I don't think Petrova grew up idolizing them because she's one year older than Serena and 2 years older than Venus

Infiniti2001
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Well I don't think Petrova grew up idolizing them because she's one year older than Serena and 2 years older than Venus

Petrova is older than Venus? :help::rolls:

Sammo
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Oh yeah silly me, but I'm right with the fact that she's only one year younger than Serena and 2 years younger than Venus.

Infiniti2001
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Oh yeah silly me, but I'm right with the fact that she's only one year younger than Serena and 2 years younger than Venus.

Did it occur to you that it's because they busted on the scene before her and that age has nothing to do with it?

Sammo
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:49 PM
As I said before... ''grow up idolizing someone'' you can't grow up idolizing someone when you first started liking them at... I don't know 16 or 17 years

LeonHart
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Of course it's nice to hear young players say who they idolized--- if you've noticed this is not a part of the sisters vocabulary.. Now occasionally they give praise to Monica Seles (couldn't disagree),but that's about it. I doubt they need validation from anyone considering they've done everything their way :p Oh and by the way, Nadia Petrova is in the top 100. I leave it up to you to find out how she feels about the sisters, Venus especially.

You're saying Nadia Petrova idolized the Williams growing up? LORD HAVE MERCY! :haha:

LUVMIRZA
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Hingis is the most talented one among the two but not the powerful or more athletic one.

donniedarkofan
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:02 PM

Only an idiot could come up with this line. Hingis was far more talented thatn Williamses and Henin combined in the technique departament. in others, such as speed and power(which are also talents) Venus and Serena were clearly better and Henin was better at cheating.

Cam'ron Giles
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:09 PM

:weirdo:

Cam'ron Giles
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:10 PM
What's this rivalry you guys keep talking about? Aint been none since 2000...This argument is so old and lame...PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD...the board is back in the gutter...:lol:

Sammo
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:12 PM
official gangsta rappa of the royal court

:weirdo:

Sammo
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:12 PM
What's this rivalry you guys keep talking about? Aint been none since 2000...This argument is so old and lame...PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD...the board is back in the gutter...:lol:

:weirdo: x1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000

LUVMIRZA
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Only an idiot could come up with this line. Hingis was far more talented thatn Williamses and Henin combined in the technique departament. in others, such as speed and power(which are also talents) Venus and Serena were clearly better and Henin was better at cheating.

Henin is an awesome player... jus dont try to generalize the incident that happened 7 years ago. If u generalize, then we can call Serena a thug for threatening the lineswoman.

Cam'ron Giles
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:17 PM
:weirdo: x1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000

Sammo...you gave me the best laugh all day...You are the GOAT of dumb ass post...:worship:

Who's that burnt up woman you got in your avey? :lol:

donniedarkofan
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Henin is an awesome player... jus dont try to generalize the incident that happened 7 years ago. If u generalize, then we can call Serena a thug for threatening the lineswoman.

Henin is a great player, who said she isn't? I just said that Henin is better at cheating than Hingis. Did i said something untrue?

Sammo
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Sammo...you gave me the best laugh all day...You are the GOAT of dumb ass post...:worship:

Who's that burnt up woman you got in your avey? :lol:

Sorry but someone who says that there's been no rivalry between Hingis and Venus since 2000... wow just wow lol Their last match was played in 2006 and Hingis won. Also Hingis leads their head to head

LUVMIRZA
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Henin is a great player, who said she isn't? I just said that Henin is better at cheating than Hingis. Did i said something untrue?

U jus said 'Henin is better at cheating'.. nothing about her talents:help: jus bashing Henin wenever u get a chance:smash:

toxina90
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:50 PM
My point is Hingis' 209

I actually like this reasoning, I like both players but prefer Hingis' especially outside of GS.

Infiniti2001
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:54 PM
Sorry but someone who says that there's been no rivalry between Hingis and Venus since 2000... wow just wow lol Their last match was played in 2006 and Hingis won. Also Hingis leads their head to head

They played 2 matches in 06. Venus won the first and hingis the 2nd. The H2H is 11-10 . Stop making it seem like it's 10-0 :rolleyes:

spencercarlos
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:02 PM
They played 2 matches in 06. Venus won the first and hingis the 2nd. The H2H is 11-10 . Stop making it seem like it's 10-0 :rolleyes:
Who can forget Rome 2006 and the title the very next day :bounce:... Hingis won eventhough Venus backhand was on fired that day :devil:

Infiniti2001
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Who can forget Rome 2006 and the title the very next day :bounce:... Hingis won eventhough Venus backhand was on fired that day :devil:

and?:shrug:

Sammo
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:04 PM

The one who says that there was no rivalry was he, not me

spencercarlos
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:07 PM
and?:shrug:
and? :rolleyes: Maybe because of the thread title :weirdo:

tom62
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:21 PM
:hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

i miss you martina !

when starts the tread serena/martina for the great match tomorrow in the wtt :lol::lol::lol::lol:

tennisbum79
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:22 PM
:hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

i miss you martina !

when starts the tread serena/martina for the great match tomorrow in the wtt :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Serena is tired.
Venus was tired last night

Slutiana
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:33 PM
Well who can forget Warsaw 2006? :bounce: Venus won even though she had cramp and could barely move. :devil:

Infiniti2001
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Well who can forget Warsaw 2006? :bounce: Venus won even though she had cramp and could barely move. :devil:

Forget Warsaw and Rome. Venus has lost many matches, and won even many more since then . She's even manged to pick up 2 slams i n the process :p

Nicolás89
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:32 PM
To get things straight if Hingis retired the first time because of a player that's Jennifer Capriati, not Venus nor Serena, I'm sorry for their fans. :hug: :wavey:

hingisGOAT
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:32 PM

SOunds like a typical Venus-Hingis match... Hingis would either crush Venus or Hingis would choke away a tight match :tape: But either way it was Hingis always in control, running her lanky shreiking ball bashing opponent from corner to corner

Nicolás89
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Well who can forget Warsaw 2006?:bounce: Venus won even though she had cramp and could barely move :devil:

I hate that match, Martina had it and then she starts playing with her forehand instead of her backhand. :rolleyes:

Vlover
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:53 PM
Forget Warsaw and Rome. Venus has lost many matches, and won even many more since then . She's even manged to pick up 2 slams i n the process :p
That is the rub for the Venus envy bitches.:lol: For all the "great" talent and brains they claim Hingis possess she has not been able to win a major for the past 10yrs. She is now even getting her ass kicked in exhibitions even by 40-50 yr olds.:tape: Hingis has been done for over a decade now. There is nothing left to resurrect so give it a rest people.

VishaalMaria
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:59 PM
That is the rub for the Venus envy bitches.:lol: For all the "great" talent and brains they claim Hingis possess she has not been able to win a major for the past 10yrs. She is now even getting her ass kicked in exhibitions even by 40-50 yr olds.:tape: Hingis has been done for over a decade now. There is nothing left to resurrect so give it a rest people.

Which is why people like HingisGOAT hold onto such bitterness. No wonder he/she rears his/her ugly head when it comes to anything Venus related. Their rivalry ended four years ago, for Venus fans there has been and will be a lot more in the tennis chapter. For Hingis, not so much and that's why HingisGOAT can't get over the fact Venus has surpassed Martina and left her (and her fans) behind. But I do wish her all the happiness in the world.

Thus it's a shame when there's hatred between both fan bases even after all this years. You'd think time would give some people peace.

hingisGOAT
Jul 9th, 2010, 12:02 AM
Which is why people like HingisGOAT hold onto such bitterness. No wonder he/she rears his/her ugly head when it comes to anything Venus related. Their rivalry ended four years ago, for Venus fans there has been and will be a lot more in the tennis chapter. For Hingis, not so much and that's why HingisGOAT can't get over the fact Venus has surpassed Martina and left her (and her fans) behind. But I do wish her all the happiness in the world.

Thus it's a shame when there's hatred between both fan bases even after all this years. You'd think time would give some people peace.

Oh please, the bitterness is entirely from Venus fans :wavey: There are threads upon threads on front page of GM with nothing but Williams fans bitching about Hingis. As I said earlier it's clear that Hingis invaded Venus' psyche a long, long time ago and Venus fans will never forget it :devil:

spencercarlos
Jul 9th, 2010, 12:09 AM
Nice yeah, but consiering how Venus did in a two year span 2000/2001, there is nothing impressive about winning 3 slams in 9 years, and from about 30 GS played since 2002. :rolleyes:

Especially when we take a closer look at "the caliber of the player" and weapons that Venus is and has, in comparisson to the "almost nule in weapons Martina Hingis" .. :tape:

Who are you trying to fool here? thanks god you don´t come up with the idea that "Venus is 2nd GOAT" anymore since you have a Justine Henin that easily trumps her in a shorter carreer.

:wavey:

VishaalMaria
Jul 9th, 2010, 12:11 AM
Oh please, the bitterness is entirely from Venus fans :wavey: There are threads upon threads on front page of GM with nothing but Williams fans bitching about Hingis. As I said earlier it's clear that Hingis invaded Venus' psyche a long, long time ago and Venus fans will never forget it :devil:

Well then you're quite deluded because you've posted quite a lot of bitter comments about Venus. Unless you don't know what the definition of bitterness is? Because it's you all over IMHO.

And, as I said, their rivarly ended four years ago, Venus has continued to play tennis and has won a couple more slams since then. That alone would suggest that it's Hingis fans' psyche that's been invaded, to see their favourite players rival go onto bigger and better things.

VishaalMaria
Jul 9th, 2010, 12:15 AM
Nice yeah, but consiering how Venus did in a two year span 2000/2001, there is nothing impressive about winning 3 slams in 9 years, and from about 30 GS played since 2002. :rolleyes:

Especially when we take a closer look at "the caliber of the player" and weapons that Venus is and has, in comparisson to the "almost nule in weapons Martina Hingis" .. :tape:

Who are you trying to fool here? thanks god you don´t come up with the idea that "Venus is 2nd GOAT" anymore since you have a Justine Henin that easily trumps her in a shorter carreer.

That's irrelevant.

It doesn't matter how long it took Venus to win another slam. You can scrap the barrel all you like but the fact of the matter is, Venus has two more slams than Martina regardless of time. It's not Venus' fault Martina's in retirement. Martina was more than welcome to come back on the tour and win more slams, but she has only herself to blame.

As for the 2nd GOAT, in that decade Venus had more success at the slams which makes her 2nd GOAT.

MakarovaFan
Jul 9th, 2010, 12:18 AM
It's the Slams, baby. 7 is greater than 5.
Its not that much better....and when u consider outside of Wimbledon Venus won 2...TWO majors,hmmm???

VishaalMaria
Jul 9th, 2010, 12:20 AM
Its not that much better....and when u consider outside of Wimbledon Venus won 2...TWO majors,hmmm???

But it's still better.

spencercarlos
Jul 9th, 2010, 12:20 AM
That's irrelevant.

It doesn't matter how long it took Venus to win another slam. You can scrap the barrel all you like but the fact of the matter is, Venus has two more slams than Martina regardless of time. It's not Venus' fault Martina's in retirement. Martina was more than welcome to come back on the tour and win more slams, but she has only herself to blame.

As for the 2nd GOAT, in that decade Venus had more success at the slams which makes her 2nd GOAT.
That´s irrelevant too 7>5, pretty much this states the obvious..

Although Hingis still leads Venus in other categories in their carreer comparisson (both in singles and doubles) despite well the fact that Hingis´s carreer has been shorter and has been way past her peak like you say for more than 10 years.

spencercarlos
Jul 9th, 2010, 12:22 AM
Hingis also has 3/4 grand slams Venus still has 2/4.. despite the many more seasons and oportunities to do so..

Ok this is what i did not wanted to do... I´ll stop here..

VishaalMaria
Jul 9th, 2010, 12:28 AM
That´s irrelevant too 7>5, pretty much this states the obvious..

Although Hingis still leads Venus in other categories in their carreer comparisson (both in singles and doubles) despite well the fact that Hingis´s carreer has been shorter and has been way past her peak like you say for more than 10 years.

And you guys keep coming back to the fact "Hingis still leads Venus in other categories" :drool:- but these other categories aren't important. Don't you get it? Slams matter. When one person has seven, the other five, these other categories just do not matter.

No one can sit there and say Hingis would rather have her weeks at number one, her 20 other finals as opposed to two extra singles slams. Do you honestly believe that?

And the fact Hingis' career has been shorter, is whose fault? Hingis is more than welcome to come back onto the tour now... why should Venus stop playing because she's achieving more in a greater time frame or be disadvantaged accordingly?

Who cares if Hingis won three slams in one year and Venus only won three in two years! At the end of the day, all that matter is that they WON these slams.

You can allude to the factor of "time" all you want, but Venus has seven, Hingis five.

MakarovaFan
Jul 9th, 2010, 12:29 AM
Martina Hingis was perhaps the most arrogant world number one in the history of the sport, which is saying something considering all the catty, cocky women who have held the #1 ranking. When Venus arrived on the scene, most people forget that she was very cold and aloof - she matured recently. But back then, there was this "us against the world attitude". Hingis was a friendly, outgoing, obnoxious player who spoke whatever was on her mind and her comments weren't only limited to the Williams Sisters - Graf, Seles, Davenport, Novotna, Kournikova, Mauresmo and even lesser lights such as Stubbs, Raymond, Smashnova and Rittner were on the receiving end of some of Martina's comments. Ofcourse, Richard Williams being the attention-whore that he was fueled the fire, joining in with a bunch of teenage girls with his comments. The comment before the 1999 San Diego final was hilarious considering what transpired in that match. Yes, Venus did have animosity with Hingis in their rivalry as you pointed out - but Martina was just as venomous with Venus. Remember the reaction to winning their RG 1998 QF - read Martina's lips. And the pact she made with Lindsay. Or her referring to Venus and Serena as "the two-headed monster" and her comment that "with Venus sometimes she doesn't know what she's doing out there. It's not tennis". Or even when she slapped Venus with her racquet bag at Wimbledon. Who cares, nearly a decade later? The point is, they talked trash but were able to back it up on the court. Something that can not be said of today's bland players.

Amazing post dude,u so get rep......finally someone realizes the main objective of the sport. I mean i am SOOOOO tired of hearing,"well i only lost because of my errors' 'blah blah blah".....The first rule they teach u in tennis is to get the ball into the court,so if you cant do that basic task,then how exactly are u a better player. And more so if u can't do that time and time again against that same player then hmmm what does that really say!

VishaalMaria
Jul 9th, 2010, 12:31 AM
Hingis also has 3/4 grand slams Venus still has 2/4.. despite the many more seasons and oportunities to do so..

Ok this is what i did not wanted to do... I´ll stop here..

But Venus has 7 slams over all, Hingis only has 5.

As I said, Hingis is more than welcome to come back to the tour. Why should Venus be disadvantaged just because she's playing longer? Just because she's able to. It's not her fault Hingis just can't handle the power of todays players. And if you havent already realised, the game has developed so much that these days its harder to win a slam than lets say back in 1997. The level of competition is higher.

You're going to "stop here" because you're point is weak.