PDA

View Full Version : With WTA#2 and ATP#2 in same time, Serbia join this week to USA and Germany

Cp6uja
Jul 7th, 2010, 04:31 PM
JUST FOR RECORDS:

Thanks to Jelena Jankovic and Novak Djokovic Serbia this week become just 3rd tennis country ever with TOP2 players in same time at both lists (WTA and ATP) and join to USA which several times in past has actually both #1 ranked players (first time Evert-Connors in November of 1975 since official WTA lists exist, and last time during August of 2003 with Serena-Agassi). Only other country which achieve this TOP2x2 is Germany (Graf-Becker) which also during 4 summer weeks in 1991 has even both at #1 achievement! Interesting about this current SRB achievement is also fact that even current TOP2 in mans doubles (Nenad Zimonjic) is also from Serbia, so this week WTA#2, ATP#2 and D-ATP#2 is players from same country - and even from same city (Belgrade)!

So this is another interesting and impressive achievement of current Serbian tennis generation. For example After RG/08 Serbia (Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic) become just 1 out of 3 nation ever with both WTA TOP2 ranked players in same time (after USA and Belgium) and also during that 2008 season players from Serbian Capitol Belgrade (Ivanovic, Djokovic, Zimonjic and Jankovic) won WTA, ATP, ATP-doubles and mix-doubles GS title (so all GS titles except WTA-doubles) which is also extremely rare achievement for players from same country in same season.

It's not secret that without reaching any 2010 GS final so far Jelena Jankovic and Novak Djokovic both (and theirs fans) is actually not very happy with theirs current season despite so high ranking, but still this is really very rare achievement in tennis history from some WTA and ATP compatriots and it deserve to be noted here.

zhengjie_lina
Jul 7th, 2010, 04:36 PM
thanks venus and federer

Cp6uja
Jul 7th, 2010, 05:37 PM
How hard is to have these days TOP ranked players in both competitions we can see from fact that players ranked TOP11 in WTA and in ATP represent 16 different countries! Only Serbia has TOP5 from both sides and only SRB, USA and RUS has TOP10 at WTA and ATP list both!

The Witch-king
Jul 7th, 2010, 05:52 PM
It would be more impressive if they were from same family... Oh wait where have i heard that before?

ce
Jul 7th, 2010, 05:54 PM
It would be more impressive if they were from same family... Oh wait where have i heard that before?

where did you hear that the brother and sister are number 2 at the same time, i would love to know :wavey:

Mountain Ana
Jul 7th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Serbian players rock :worship:

Illusionist
Jul 7th, 2010, 06:44 PM
:cool:

Cosmologist
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:44 PM
i guess serbians should say big thanks to their dadies, who had a lot of money during past years. at least serbian players paid them off

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:33 AM
I donīt remember Djoker making noise lately
Said this ,... How on earth that clown is number 2 ? . By winning what ?

homogenius
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:51 AM
I donīt remember Djoker making noise lately
Said this ,... How on earth that clown is number 2 ? . By winning what ?

QF SF QF SF at the slams, titles in Bercy, Dubai, Bejing, Basel, final in Cincinatti + a bunch of SF and QF

Shafanovic.
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:55 AM

Who? :speakles:

Jajaloo
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:57 AM
Rankings empress.

hellas719
Jul 9th, 2010, 05:01 AM
We get it, Serbia is a powerful tennis nation. Enough with these ridiculous stats please ;)

Beat
Jul 9th, 2010, 09:26 AM
where did you hear that the brother and sister are number 2 at the same time, i would love to know :wavey:

yeah, me, too. please let us know.

Direwolf
Jul 9th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Wait
Ivanovic n Jelena were both ranked #1 and #2??

didnt know that...

Congrats Serbs!!!
now win Davis Cup!!