PDA

View Full Version : Bastad R2: Sloane was hungry and ate 2 breadsticks offered by Flavia

Fantasy Hero
Jul 7th, 2010, 12:55 PM
:cheer:
bad match from both anyway :rolls:
playing like this Flavia will lose early in the big tournaments...but at least started to slice a bit:rolleyes:

Drine
Jul 7th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Poor Sloane :hug:
Forza Flaviaaaaa http://www.vvdrienerlo.nl/smileys/thumbup.gif http://www.vvdrienerlo.nl/smileys/102.gif

Zamboni
Jul 7th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Flavia did well:cool: Except for a small laspe at the end, but with that score, that's alright.
She did seem to hurt herself early in the 2nd set:unsure: Hope it's nothing.

TennisFan66
Jul 7th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Suppose you could argue Flavia was a bit sloppy at times and should have double bageled Sloane. Some comical club player errors and mis-hits on display from the latter :lol:

Sammo
Jul 7th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Sloane was hungry and ate Flavia's breadstick :happy:

Fantasy Hero
Jul 7th, 2010, 03:16 PM
^ :lol:

peanuts
Jul 7th, 2010, 03:22 PM
:haha: Hilarious thread title.

MAGIKARPETTA
Jul 7th, 2010, 03:37 PM
I expected much more from Slohane. She didn't shocked me...

Flavia played solid, but when she will meet a decent player, she will lose if she will play like this..

Fantasy Hero
Jul 7th, 2010, 07:55 PM
^ exactly this :yeah:

FORZA SARITA
Jul 7th, 2010, 08:12 PM
omg the first game of the second set :spit: even a club player can't miss such basic shots :lol: hope it was just an off day for sloane if not :ignore: bh and serve sucks so much :lol:

edificio
Jul 7th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Poor Sloane. She could not get into the game. And Flavia was in let's-get-this-done mode, even with her two-game lapses.

Valanga
Jul 7th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Flavia :inlove:

.Andrew.
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Well, yeah... Sloane was pretty bad today. :p But when watching a player for the first time, I think it's important to look for their intangibles and strengths (I've had to do the same with Harrison today). For Sloane, I love her athleticism. Her athleticism alone really impresses me. Her serving and groundstrokes were off today but imo with a little development, she could have a really good all-around game. Also imo, with the likes of McHale and co. (not including Believe) she looks like THE best of our upcoming Americans. I wish her lots of luck for the future. :)

Flavia :yeah: It was VERY apparent who was more comfortable on the clay today. ;) Flavia made it look so easy, well done. :drool:

tommyk75
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:14 AM
That reminds me, what's Madison Keys been doing lately? Is she playing challengers at all?

Kevin.
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Madison had a real bad case of growing pains and she is much taller now..she won the 10k in Cleveland a couple weeks ago.

StephenUK
Jul 8th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Give Sloane a break. She has done really well even winning a round at this level. How many top 20 players has she played? I saw her play Laura Robson at Eastbourne Maureen Connolly Trophy and part of the reason was because I thought this could be a top 10 match in 2015/2020, they both have something about them. I think she deserves a lot of credit for leaving the comfort zone of the US hard courts and hitting the European red clay events which US players usually avoid like the plague until they are well esconced in the top 100 - Sloane has had some good ITF results on them. Compare her to Melanie Oudin at the same stage and she is doing far, far better.