PDA

View Full Version : Budapest 1R Battle of the T!m3@z: T-Bacsinszky def. T-Babos 6-4 6-2

Slutiana
Jul 6th, 2010, 05:04 PM
:cheer:

Babos' service technique really is a horror but there's something enjoyable about her game - while she's primarily an aggressive player and can hit big off both sides, she is very good at changing the pace by throwing in some slices and dropshots off both sides. I'm not sure how high she can go though.

The real Timea's backhand, dropshots and serve were :drool: as usual. She really needs to start moving forward now; even with that forehand she's way too talented not to. Her forehand was okay today for it's very low standards, she was at least trying to be slightly aggressive on it and even hit some winners (!!11!!1)

Tough match for Timea up next.

serenus_2k8
Jul 6th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Not very impressed by Babos. Never looked like making much of an impact :shrug: A lot of people commented on Laura being over-rated but they clearly dont know what the other juniors play like :rolls:

Papillon.
Jul 6th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Oh well. :shrug: Good fight, I guess.

The Untouchable
Jul 6th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Nice to see her win. :) Babos looks solid.

*Jean*
Jul 6th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Timea B :yeah:

faboozadoo15
Jul 6th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Hopefully Babos can work her serve out. The rest of her game has some real potential.

silvamarius
Jul 6th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Timi Babos was a spitfire. Sorry for her bad draw. Was a chance for obtain more points. Timea :cheer: Timea :hug:

Elwin.
Jul 6th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Timea :yeah: :D

Gregorio87
Jul 6th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Not very impressed by Babos. Never looked like making much of an impact :shrug: A lot of people commented on Laura being over-rated but they clearly dont know what the other juniors play like :rolls:

If she can't beat these other juniors (lke Ishizu) then she isn't much better either;)

What's the problem with the serve:confused:, it's the best part of her game and won lots of cheap points on clay with it. I think her groundstokes were a bit off today, too much slices as well.
At least the other Timea beat her, I hope she can do well here:)

Hakapeszi
Jul 7th, 2010, 04:43 AM
Timi :worship:

Timi :hug:

serenus_2k8
Jul 7th, 2010, 09:02 AM
If she can't beat these other juniors (lke Ishizu) then she isn't much better either;)

What's the problem with the serve:confused:, it's the best part of her game and won lots of cheap points on clay with it. I think her groundstokes were a bit off today, too much slices as well.
At least the other Timea beat her, I hope she can do well here:)

Good logic :weirdo:

Laura pushed JJ far more than Babos pushed Bacinszky which says enough. The gulf between Laura and Babos is pretty big IMO, especially considering Babos is the older player.

Gregorio87
Jul 7th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Good logic :weirdo:

Laura pushed JJ far more than Babos pushed Bacinszky which says enough. The gulf between Laura and Babos is pretty big IMO, especially considering Babos is the older player.

Why do you always compare them? Robson is way more talented... in the slut recognizing skill:p
I hope they will play in singles against each other and we will see it. (In doubles Timi already won one;))

Carotastrophe
Jul 7th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Timea :woohoo:

Lord Choc Ice
Jul 7th, 2010, 11:16 AM
:cheer:

Babos' service technique really is a horror but there's something enjoyable about her game - while she's primarily an aggressive player and can hit big off both sides, she is very good at changing the pace by throwing in some slices and dropshots off both sides. I'm not sure how high she can go though.

The real Timea's backhand, dropshots and serve were :drool: as usual. She really needs to start moving forward now; even with that forehand she's way too talented not to. Her forehand was okay today for it's very low standards, she was at least trying to be slightly aggressive on it and even hit some winners (!!11!!1)

Tough match for Timea up next.
Not interested then. :p Got enough of her sort on the tour.

serenus_2k8
Jul 7th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Why do you always compare them? Robson is way more talented... in the slut recognizing skill:p
I hope they will play in singles against each other and we will see it. (In doubles Timi already won one;))

I hope they play in singles too. Babos should win on clay, Laura everywhere else, hopefully comfortably. The slut related jokes are so old and boring, at least get a bit of originality :rolleyes:

*JR*
Jul 7th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Babos will probably go to an American college on a tennis scholarship, like her big sister Suzi (Zsuzsanna as an ITF junior) who won the national singles title while playing for the University of California.

machinist
Jul 7th, 2010, 04:09 PM
I have no idea why Babos is held in such high regard. In every junior Slam she underperforms. No potential there whatsoever in my opinion as opposed to Laura who has achieved so much more despite the fact that she is younger.