PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Sam Stosur will reach another slam final?

Pops Maellard
Jul 6th, 2010, 10:51 AM
I wouldn't mind it if she proved me wrong, but I don't think so myself. I think it will be a very slim chance that she'll do the Henin/Serena/JJ triple (or some such other top player combo) at another slam AND have such a winnable opponent in the final. Plus I could only see her making slam finals on clay.

miss_molik
Jul 6th, 2010, 12:07 PM
I think she definantly can :)

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 6th, 2010, 12:11 PM
I wouldn't put money on it but I think it there is a pretty good chance she will play at least one more RG final in her career, maybe more.

tennisbum79
Jul 6th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Not as long as she keeps mourning her RG loss.

When she gets over that, and focussed on her game, she certainly can.

claypova
Jul 6th, 2010, 12:29 PM
slim chance, i think she can

it will probably be at RG, or maybe even AO

Vanity Bonfire
Jul 6th, 2010, 12:35 PM
At RG except the final she proved herself worthy on the clay, particularly during that semi, so I think at Paris she could easily repeat the feat.

tennisbum79
Jul 6th, 2010, 12:36 PM
slim chance, i think she can

it will probably be at RG, or maybe even AO
More likely at AO.

Baselinebasher
Jul 6th, 2010, 12:42 PM
RG, yes. Otherwise no. Her game has too many weaknesses to make deep runs in other slams, like non existent backhand and poor movement. Her serve isn't suited to outside of clay as well. Basically that leaves her with a huge forehand, which, although, is an important shot, it is not enough to make slam final.

goldenlox
Jul 6th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Her FO run was very strong, and she made the semis the year before.
It wouldnt be wild for her to make another RG final.
I'd be surprised if she gets to 1 of the other 3 major finals

Jajaloo
Jul 6th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Nope

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 6th, 2010, 12:59 PM
wouldn't count on it outside of RG but stranger things have happened

MaBaker
Jul 6th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Hopefully not.

Svetlana)))
Jul 6th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Maybe at RG but I don't see her making the finals of the AO/Wimbledon/USO

The 2nd Law
Jul 6th, 2010, 01:18 PM
If she could just get her head together I'd give her a chance at the AO, but the home crowd pressure would probably be too much for her. I would be surprised if she isn't a consisent contender at the french for the rest of her career though.

makirilenko
Jul 6th, 2010, 01:44 PM
I don't see why not.

DefyingGravity
Jul 6th, 2010, 02:18 PM
The opening legs of the Slams are her shots every year. The courts bother enough people with her spin.

Shepster
Jul 6th, 2010, 03:03 PM
She'd choke in Aus and suck at Wimbledon. FO is a realistic possibility though as she's proved the 09 semi run wasn't just a case of beat Elena and stroll through. US Open I think there's too many people who can do damage on hard who thrive on the pressure.

tennnisfannn
Jul 6th, 2010, 03:32 PM
I though after Fran won the FO we purposed to never doubt anyone again- ever!

Pasta-Na
Jul 6th, 2010, 03:35 PM
she'll win 2011 RG :drool:

Lulu.
Jul 6th, 2010, 04:33 PM
No.

n1_and_uh_noone
Jul 6th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Definitely at RG. She is the player with the best game for claycourts right now (and she knows it), and until Justine 1.0 shows up, that will remain the case for the next few years. Whether she wins or not is a different kettle of fish.

Can see her doing well on the slower hardcourts of AO as well.