PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Ranking Stat

SerenaSlam
Jul 5th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Over the Past 10 Years Only four Players have held the number 1 ranking for More Than One Year Straight. Serena Williams, Martina Hingis, Justine Henin and Maria Sharapova. Can Serena Hold On till November? That would also Ensure her Ending the 2nd Straight Year at number 1 too! :bounce:And not too many of the recent Number 1's have been able to hold on to the ranking for more than a year and do it twice! Hingis is the last i believe to have done it!

Gdsimmons
Jul 5th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Rewind. Maria Sharapova?

SerenaSlam
Jul 5th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Over the Past 10 Years Only four Players have held the number 1 ranking for More Than One Year Straight. Serena Williams, Martina Hingis, Justine Henin and Maria Sharapova. Can Serena Hold On till November? That would also Ensure her Ending the 2nd Straight Year at number 1 too! :bounce:And not too many of the recent Number 1's have been able to hold on to the ranking for more than a year and do it twice! Hingis is the last i believe to have done it!

Rewind. Maria Sharapova?

confused...cuz i mentioned her name....

Gdsimmons
Jul 5th, 2010, 08:16 PM
When did Maria have a full 52 weeks at #1?

acetoace
Jul 5th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Please delete Sharapova's name. Not even close to deserve mentioning.

Rolling-Thunder
Jul 6th, 2010, 02:14 AM
Serena should remain #1 for the rest of the year by winning Wimbledon. She will likely match or exceed her point from now thru the US Open. Plus apart from the YEC she basically doesn't have much to defend. I can't see her forfeiting the top ranking. She's more motivated now to keep it than she was determined to get and keep it last year. Its hers to lose. Who's honestly going to take it that also doesn't have a large number of points to defend?

Baring injury, I don't see her losing her #1 ranking until after the 2011 Aussie Open at the earliest.

Donny
Jul 6th, 2010, 02:18 AM
Had Serena played Miami, she would pretty much be assured the top ranking for the year, barring serious injury.

KBdoubleu
Jul 6th, 2010, 02:43 AM
confused...cuz i mentioned her name....

Probably because she has only been ranked 1 for a total of 17 weeks, so how could she have been ranked 1 for more than a year?

Illusionist
Jul 6th, 2010, 03:30 AM
:spit:
I say, go Serena :woohoo:

doni1212
Jul 6th, 2010, 03:44 AM
Rewind. Maria Sharapova?

I did a double-take too like WTF? :lol:

duhcity
Jul 6th, 2010, 04:32 AM
I like Maria, and even I was like..WTF?

And this isn't too shocking.

Seyz
Jul 6th, 2010, 06:54 AM
Well, I think it's safe to say that Serena is already going to be the best of her time. More interestingly is who is next to join this list?
Someone that has yet risen to fame?
Clijsters? Jankovic? are two potential picks?

Caralenko
Jul 6th, 2010, 07:03 AM
:spit:

Maria isn't even the longest reigning Russian.