PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know why Serena insisted on walking out first in wimby Final?

tennnisfannn
Jul 5th, 2010, 03:30 PM
The usual thing is for the lower ranked opponenet to walk out first. I just saw the conversation in which she was asked to let Vera go out first and she said, no, she was going to go first:devil: After all these finals, 16 to be exact- what happened?

Caralenko
Jul 5th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Probably wanted to establish her dominance.

kiwialicat
Jul 5th, 2010, 03:33 PM
her ego? mind games? maybe she just likes going out first? Not a big deal.

spartanfan
Jul 5th, 2010, 03:36 PM
I seriously doubt that was the conversation.

kiwialicat
Jul 5th, 2010, 03:38 PM

it was very clear on the tv?

tennnisfannn
Jul 5th, 2010, 03:39 PM
The 7pm Project an aussie news/comedy programmes showed that clip. Serena was actually asked to let Vera go out first and she said "NO, I will go out first'.

kiwialicat
Jul 5th, 2010, 03:43 PM
The 7pm Project an aussie news/comedy programmes showed that clip. Serena was actually asked to let Vera go out first and she said "NO, I will go out first'.

Whoa, the 7Pm Project was just mentioned :) off-topic but I can't stand Charlie Pickering.

Anyway it was shown live when it happened on the coverage I was watching and it was also very clear.

spartanfan
Jul 5th, 2010, 03:48 PM
I watched it live as well and didn't hear it, and have watched the match twice now. And perhaps the top player is given the option of who walks out first. But whats the big deal really? I mean someone had to walk out first, why not the #1 player and the player who has won the event three times?

Caralenko
Jul 5th, 2010, 03:49 PM
I watched it live as well and didn't hear it, and have watched the match twice now. And perhaps the top player is given the option of who walks out first. But whats the big deal really? I mean someone had to walk out first, why not the #1 player and the player who has won the event three times?

No. They said to her: "We're going to let Vera go out first, ok?"

And she responded "No, I will go out first".

Rafito.
Jul 5th, 2010, 03:52 PM
She's pathetic.

tennnisfannn
Jul 5th, 2010, 03:54 PM
In every grand slam that is the protocol, men or women- the lower seed walks out first! Serena made this choice for a very specific reason, boy would I love to know what that is- not to mention it is just courtesy to say 'no problem' and step aside.

Mynarco
Jul 5th, 2010, 03:56 PM
I don't know about the "lower seed walking out first" thing :eek:

Miss Amor
Jul 5th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Diva :hearts:

One more reason to love her! (As if we needed anymore reasons).

PS - If the organizers and Vera didn't have a problem with it, then why are the insignificant posters on a messege board getting their panties all twisted?

Rafito.
Jul 5th, 2010, 03:59 PM

One more reason to love her(as if we needed anymore reasons)

She's more of a pathetic loser than a Diva me thinks.

Donny
Jul 5th, 2010, 04:02 PM

She won :confused:

brickhousesupporter
Jul 5th, 2010, 04:04 PM
video?

tennisbum79
Jul 5th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Is there really a protocol for entering the court?

ElusiveChanteuse
Jul 5th, 2010, 04:05 PM
She will lose the final if she didn't walk out first (maybe a lesson learnt for Wimby '04 and '08?) :p

JamieOwen3
Jul 5th, 2010, 04:06 PM
maybe it was a new superstition thing walking out first in the final?

Miss Amor
Jul 5th, 2010, 04:09 PM

Zvonareva after the match : 'Serena is not just a great player but one of the greatest champions at heart'

serenus_2k8
Jul 5th, 2010, 04:14 PM

Whereas Sharapova firmly found herself in the 'loser' pile :drool:

Rafito.
Jul 5th, 2010, 04:15 PM
So did Venus :drool:

serenus_2k8
Jul 5th, 2010, 04:18 PM

Just gave her more time to polish her 5 Rosewater dishes. I guess Sharapova could use the left over polish for her lone dish :hug:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 5th, 2010, 04:27 PM
:lol: picking on everything this time for sarin :lol:

Gdsimmons
Jul 5th, 2010, 04:36 PM
So now she cant walk out first?? Did she or did she not just win the event for the fourth time?? And is #1 in the world?? GMAFB!!

Serenita
Jul 5th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Zvonareva after the match : 'Serena is not just a great player but one of the greatest champions at heart'

Well said Vera.

Haters gonna hate. ;)

jefrilibra
Jul 5th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Thank you for this.

I was completely at my wits' end trying to figure out why Vera lost on Saturday.

Damn you Serena! Do you really have to lead in everything .... rankings, total # of grand slams etc and now the walk out to the centre court at a Wimbledon final???:rolleyes:

rockstar
Jul 5th, 2010, 04:46 PM
definitely mind games. kinda like how she sometimes hits the first ball during warm up or she'll let it pass

Denisex3
Jul 5th, 2010, 04:47 PM
video?
http://7pmproject.com.au/video.htm?vxSiteId=7a6ab1fe-cd90-4143-bf79-ba376a096b2e&vxChannel=Monday%20Negus&vxClipId=2689_spm-050710-seg1-web&vxBitrate=300&vxTemplate=7PM_Index.swf from 4:00.

Tech1
Jul 5th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Well said Vera.

Haters gonna hate. ;)

http://19.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ks8ydwUsIS1qzs8seo1_500.gif

spartanfan
Jul 5th, 2010, 04:51 PM
In every grand slam that is the protocol, men or women- the lower seed walks out first! Serena made this choice for a very specific reason, boy would I love to know what that is- not to mention it is just courtesy to say 'no problem' and step aside.
If it's known protocol then why would the official have asked Serena if it were ok in the first place? This wasn't Serena's first rodeo, doesn't sound like it's protocol at all to me, but it sounds like Serena was given the option, and she just chose to go first.

The Witch-king
Jul 5th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Maybe she thinks Zvonareva is the superior player [/kworb] :unsure:

thrust
Jul 5th, 2010, 05:08 PM

GOOD POINT-LOL!! Serena may be a Diva, but a loser, she is NOT!

Helen Lawson
Jul 5th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Is this going to be new raging Serena scandal du jour? If it is protocol, they would have told her, not asked her. Serena sticks to protocol at Wimbledon, I would think.

tennnisfannn
Jul 5th, 2010, 05:12 PM
If it's known protocol then why would the official have asked Serena if it were ok in the first place? This wasn't Serena's first rodeo, doesn't sound like it's protocol at all to me, but it sounds like Serena was given the option, and she just chose to go first.
I think they were also surprised coz serena had planted herself in the doorway, it waasn't really a request on their part but more of a polite reminder- if it was a non issue, i doubt they would needed to ask.

Helen Lawson
Jul 5th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Actually, I just rewatched it. You guys missed the part where Vera called her out on it and asked Serena why she was breaking the rules, you can clearly see Serena say to her, "because I'm the bitch Serena Williams, and you're not, that's why.". The staunch British gal beside them seemed shocked at the bravado and profanity,

tennisbum79
Jul 5th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Actually, I just rewatched it. You guys missed the part where Vera called her out on it and asked Serena why she was breaking the rules, you can clearly see Serena say to her, "because I'm the bitch Serena Williams, and you're not, that's why.". The staunch British gal beside them seemed shocked at the bravado and profanity,
What is a "staunch British gal" ?

Maybe Serena was being a "staunch American gal".
No use for arbitrary, on the fly rule.

50Sense
Jul 5th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Serena sure knows how to keep people talking.

If anybody watched the men's final, Ted Robinson mentioned that Rafa insists on walking out behind. Not that it matters now that he's #1, but it would be interesting to see if he would if he was lower.

kiwifan
Jul 5th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Haters will Hate.

Topic number 342 of Wimbledon.

Brought to you by the Haters who think Serena serves too hard :lol:...

and the Haters who think she doesn't give credit but then hate when she gives credit because, uh, I'm still trying to figure that one out. :p

darrinbaker00
Jul 5th, 2010, 05:28 PM
So now she cant walk out first?? Did she or did she not just win the event for the fourth time?? And is #1 in the world?? GMAFB!!
She's wrong for walking out first, she's wrong for serving all those aces.....the b**** should just retire so we fans can enjoy "real" tennis. ;)

kiwifan
Jul 5th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Thank you for this.

I was completely at my wits' end trying to figure out why Vera lost on Saturday.

Damn you Serena! Do you really have to lead in everything .... rankings, total # of grand slams etc and now the walk out to the centre court at a Wimbledon final???:rolleyes:

This is the 3rd post I've seen from you today that I wanted to rep.

GREEN DOT!!!

Cakeisgood
Jul 5th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Because she thinks she's the fucking Serena Williams.

friendsita
Jul 5th, 2010, 05:41 PM
such a diva... i love her!

hotandspicey
Jul 5th, 2010, 05:55 PM

So did the 3 women in your sig.:drool: All three pathetic losers.:sad:

Mightymirza
Jul 5th, 2010, 05:59 PM
She was in a hurry to do her hair for the press conference :lol:

Mary Cherry.
Jul 5th, 2010, 06:01 PM
PS - If the organizers and Vera didn't have a problem with it, then why are the insignificant posters on a messege board getting their panties all twisted?

I don't think they had much choice :tape:

hotandspicey
Jul 5th, 2010, 06:07 PM
She also walked out before kivitova(I'm re-watching)and I think before Na Li or Sharapova-I'll have to check.

-Sonic-
Jul 5th, 2010, 06:26 PM
It must be odd to have such blind devotion to someone. I'm glad my brain isn't clouded to the point of madness.

brickhousesupporter
Jul 5th, 2010, 06:29 PM
It must be odd to have such blind devotion to someone. I'm glad my brain isn't clouded to the point of madness.
Ok I'll bite. Tell us how we should think about this oh enlightened one.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 5th, 2010, 06:46 PM
:rolls:

MaBaker
Jul 5th, 2010, 06:51 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/11kytts.jpg

young_gunner913
Jul 5th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Put your best foot foward.

Stamp Paid
Jul 5th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Thats my girl. ;)

schorsch
Jul 5th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Cause she's a good frontrunner :tears:

Miss Amor
Jul 5th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Put your best foot foward.

Not too forward, shino is watching you !

http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad155/mbm91uk/Wimbledon%2026062010/100_2286.jpg

Rix643
Jul 5th, 2010, 07:37 PM
http://7pmproject.com.au/video.htm?vxSiteId=7a6ab1fe-cd90-4143-bf79-ba376a096b2e&vxChannel=Monday%20Negus&vxClipId=2689_spm-050710-seg1-web&vxBitrate=300&vxTemplate=7PM_Index.swf from 4:00.

Unwatchable for those outside Australia. Anything else?

Like to watch it first before I comment. Now it seems she just clarified her status as the alpha bitch (insult not intended).

SerenaSlam
Jul 5th, 2010, 07:41 PM

One more reason to love her! (As if we needed anymore reasons).

because had they had the opportunity to be vera or the organizers they would have done just as they did and watched Ms. Serena Williams walk out first as she stated she would. Panties twisted and all this is their refuge to talk sh**. No other place to do it but here. So give them their time. Thats what i say. At the end of the day Serena Williams in their faces would be signing autographs and smiling to a deer in headlights arrogant williams hater on this forum. LMAO

doni1212
Jul 5th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Just gave her more time to polish her 5 Rosewater dishes. I guess Sharapova could use the left over polish for her lone dish :hug:

That was funny, :lol:

tennisbum79
Jul 5th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Not too forward, shino is watching you !

http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad155/mbm91uk/Wimbledon%2026062010/100_2286.jpg
When was this?
She projected a trimmer look at USO'09

Serena y Monica
Jul 5th, 2010, 09:24 PM
When was this?
She projected a trimmer look at USO'09

The balls Serena has been shoving down her throat fattened her up.

Aaron.
Jul 5th, 2010, 09:46 PM
She's more of a pathetic loser than a Diva me thinks. http://i47.tinypic.com/346ls0g.gif

fightserena!!!
Jul 5th, 2010, 10:41 PM
Well I'm a big Serena fan and I saw it and thought it was damn funny. They made a big deal about it on the coverage here, replayed it, started commentating "well the drama has already begun and they haven't stepped on to centre court" so for all those people saying this thread is making a mountain out of a molehill, take it up with the media folks. It was some funny shit. The woman says "Vera will go out first Serena" and Serena casually replies "no, i'm going out first" and the poor woman nods her head vigorously in agreement and instantly replies "ok! yes!". Owned. Or pwned as people say on here. Loved it. the 'why' bit is a mystery, but I'm glad she did, it was great tv.

tennisbum79
Jul 6th, 2010, 01:20 AM
Well I'm a big Serena fan and I saw it and thought it was damn funny. They made a big deal about it on the coverage here, replayed it, started commentating "well the drama has already begun and they haven't stepped on to centre court" so for all those people saying this thread is making a mountain out of a molehill, take it up with the media folks. It was some funny shit. The woman says "Vera will go out first Serena" and Serena casually replies "no, i'm going out first" and the poor woman nods her head vigorously in agreement and instantly replies "ok! yes!". Owned. Or pwned as people say on here. Loved it. the 'why' bit is a mystery, but I'm glad she did, it was great tv.
Where are you? In Australia?

In the US, it was not mentioned during the coverage by the commentators.
So you can understand why we don't think it is a big deal.

Even Mary Carillo, a critic of Serena on these kinds of thing, made no mention of it.

Papillon.
Jul 6th, 2010, 02:54 AM
http://i45.tinypic.com/11kytts.jpg

I know, right? :lol:

HRHoliviasmith
Jul 6th, 2010, 03:09 AM

:worship: :hysteric: :sobbing: :happy:

miffedmax
Jul 6th, 2010, 03:14 AM
It must be odd to have such blind devotion to someone other than Elena Dementieva. I'm glad my brain isn't clouded to the point of madness.

I fixed it for you.:)

gmokb
Jul 6th, 2010, 03:18 AM
I don't know, maybe because she wanted to:D

tennnisfannn
Jul 6th, 2010, 03:28 AM
Me too, I was amued by it but was thinking, what is serena upto, it was not as if she was up aginst Justine/maria her biger rivals in terms of ego etc. contrast that with the next day, Nadal behind Berdyich, racket in hand doing his crazy jumps as they waited to go out on court. nadla was pretty intimidating from the back.

edificio
Jul 6th, 2010, 03:53 AM
tempest in a tea cup, probably was being superstitious.

Serenus Christ
Jul 6th, 2010, 03:55 AM
the only thing that was funny was when the official, who I see EVERYWHERE, mixed up Vera's name for Venus HAHA.

hdfb
Jul 6th, 2010, 04:10 AM
She's pathetic.

Oh god. :rolls: No surprise you are a Maria fan...

Serena y Monica
Jul 6th, 2010, 04:36 AM
I'm sure it's just superstition. Ted what's his name did wonder out loud what would happen if one of Rafa's opponents refused to go out first as Rafa always goes 2nd. Looks like Serena's hang up is opposite of Rafa's.

Serenita
Jul 6th, 2010, 04:51 AM
http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/tennisforum//customavatars/avatar8108_483.gif (http://www.tennisforum.com/member.php?u=8108)

Lachy
Jul 6th, 2010, 06:34 AM
Yeah it was ridiculous, but not the least bit surprising.

spiritedenergy
Jul 6th, 2010, 06:43 AM
Diva!:hearts: It was probably superstition, still it's funny how she didn't leave any options to them:worship: Any videos???

Stamp Paid
Jul 6th, 2010, 06:46 AM
http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/tennisforum//customavatars/avatar8108_483.gif (http://www.tennisforum.com/member.php?u=8108)Praise her holy name :lol:

But seriously, when did Maria fans become so bitter towards Serena?
I thought they had come to grips with the fact that Maria has no chance at ever beating Serena again years ago. http://i50.tinypic.com/169lsnn.gif

Caralenko
Jul 6th, 2010, 06:49 AM
Seriously :sobbing: Get over it. Vera didn't seem to mind, so why the hell do you guys?

akosiirwyn
Jul 6th, 2010, 07:08 AM
Seriously :sobbing: Get over it. Vera didn't seem to mind, so why the hell do you guys?

exactly.

Ferg
Jul 6th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Praise her holy name :lol:

I thought they had come to grips with the fact that Maria has no chance at ever beating Serena again years ago. http://i50.tinypic.com/169lsnn.gif

Some of them seem to think because she pushed Serena the most, shes automatically the #2 player in the entire draw, and are angry Serena beat her because apparently she should have won it.

kiwialicat
Jul 6th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Haters will Hate.

Topic number 342 of Wimbledon.

Brought to you by the Haters who think Serena serves too hard :lol:...

and the Haters who think she doesn't give credit but then hate when she gives credit because, uh, I'm still trying to figure that one out. :p

Why are posters in general so ultra defensive. Nobody said anything bad about Serena except maybe one person. Plus even if some doesn't like your favourite or whatever, doesn't make them a 'hater'. The thread starter, I believe actually likes the Williams and simply wanted to know why Serena wanted to go out first. Simple enough.

Maria fans are not bitter towards Serena. At least not the majority. Unfair generalisation.

Maria does have a chance to beat Serena in the future.

Some of them seem to think because she pushed Serena the most, shes automatically the #2 player in the entire draw, and are angry Serena beat her because apparently she should have won it.

Nobody thinks that, and if they do then they clearly don't understand how sports in general work.

DOUBLEFIST
Jul 6th, 2010, 10:24 AM
:scratch:

...What's this all about.

fufuqifuqishahah
Jul 6th, 2010, 10:29 AM

someone's really angry....

Avid Merrion
Jul 6th, 2010, 10:35 AM
I'm guessing that Serena thought "Hmmmm, what can I do to rile up these bishes on TWATWorld? I know, I'll walk out on court first! Yeah that'll do it...."

Worked like a charm, doll :kiss:

Polikarpov
Jul 6th, 2010, 10:40 AM
So she could choose on what side of the umpire's chair she's gonna sit? I don't know about Serena, but I think other players have this superstition of sitting on the right side of the umpire.

tennnisfannn
Jul 6th, 2010, 11:06 AM
So she could choose on what side of the umpire's chair she's gonna sit? I don't know about Serena, but I think other players have this superstition of sitting on the right side of the umpire.
Isn't that usually decided before hand anyway,, i could have sworn their names were already on the seats before they occupied them- I know many tournies do that.
I don't think serena is superstitious coz she always walks out first or second depending on if she were a higher or lower seed in GS finals.

JamieOwen3
Jul 6th, 2010, 11:12 AM
it didn't matter who walked out first the result was ALWAYS gonna be the same! there you go easy as 1,2,3

yassiesj20
Jul 6th, 2010, 02:53 PM
it didn't matter who walked out first the result was ALWAYS gonna be the same! there you go easy as 1,2,3

True dat!!

HRHoliviasmith
Jul 6th, 2010, 03:03 PM

basically...:happy:

Jajaloo
Jul 6th, 2010, 04:10 PM
She's the HBIC of Wimbledon. If she wants to go out first, you bow down, and let her!

Which is what happened ;)

Stamp Paid
Jul 6th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Some of them seem to think because she pushed Serena the most, shes automatically the #2 player in the entire draw, and are angry Serena beat her because apparently she should have won it.http://i48.tinypic.com/2likgg1.gif

HRHoliviasmith
Jul 6th, 2010, 04:50 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/2likgg1.gif

:haha: :haha: :haha: exactly!

HRHoliviasmith
Jul 6th, 2010, 06:05 PM

OMG...Post of the Century! :hysteric: :worship: :sobbing:

delicatecutter
Jul 6th, 2010, 06:19 PM

Don't you know Maria would have won Wimbledon this year if that pesky Serena hadn't been in her way? The fact that she has yet to have a Top 40 win all year is irrelevant.

Serenita
Jul 6th, 2010, 06:23 PM

:lol:

2Black
Jul 6th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Sharapova would have lost the next match to Na Li. She was only "on" against Serena because it was Serena.

delicatecutter
Jul 6th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Sharapova would have lost the next match to Na Li. She was only "on" against Serena because it was Serena.

But what about how she dominated Strycova in the previous round? :tape:

Lulu.
Jul 6th, 2010, 06:54 PM

I got that feeling as well.

acetoace
Jul 6th, 2010, 08:49 PM

Do not worry..... they will come off their high horses soon enough. Like another poster said, they already in Lala land just because their pathetic favorite was able to fend off a beat down this time (thanks to Serena's ROS) that was a bit off. Next time will not be funny for pova and her moronic fans. It will come soon enough.

Take note of how they've been singing ad nauseum to whoever cares to listen that pova is now back. As in the past, they will sing a different tune soon as she gets her butt kicked yet again. That phony has been back since before RG 09 with nothing to show for it till date. So, anything that gives any semblance of "flash" is sublime in their eyes.

Serena came back after prolonged lay-off due to knee surgery and reached Wimby final 3 months later. Also, she made YEC final and won AO 05. All in less than 1yr.

Uranium
Jul 6th, 2010, 08:53 PM

Oh hawt dayum.:hearts:

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 6th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Anyone know why Serena insisted on walking out first in wimby Final?

Yes, I actually know why Serena insisted on walking out first.

And I will tell you all.............

Because Serena wanted to see if taking this action would cause the resulting thread in TennisForum to reach 100 posts.

It did.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 6th, 2010, 09:33 PM

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/1235644960_50_cent_does_not_approve.gif

how dreadful.

spartanfan
Jul 6th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Don't you know Maria would have won Wimbledon this year if that pesky Serena hadn't been in her way? The fact that she has yet to have a Top 40 win all year is irrelevant.
That can't be correct. Has Maria REALLY not beaten a top 40 player this year? It's July! Someone do some fact checking please.

delicatecutter
Jul 6th, 2010, 10:57 PM
That can't be correct. Has Maria REALLY not beaten a top 40 player this year? It's July! Someone do some fact checking please.

I don't post untrue things. :o

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/page/Player/Activity/0,,12781~9499,00.html

:wavey:

Lachy
Jul 7th, 2010, 02:08 AM
:rolleyes:

Craig.
Jul 7th, 2010, 02:19 AM
So much hate :bigcry:

spartanfan
Jul 7th, 2010, 02:33 AM
I don't post untrue things. :o

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/page/Player/Activity/0,,12781~9499,00.html

:wavey:
Well she beat Dushevina at Indian Wells and she was ranked 43, can't we just spot them both three and "say" she's beaten a top 40 player this year?:shrug: Or else, it just seems so sad...

Donny
Jul 7th, 2010, 02:35 AM

http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/29355/original/U_MAD_obama.JPG?1260037596

Black Mamba.
Jul 7th, 2010, 03:12 AM
She's pathetic.

http://i49.tinypic.com/i60brq.gif

mdterp01
Jul 7th, 2010, 05:13 AM
Whatever thread yall need to post to soften the blow of Serena winnin another major. I see right though this ish!!! :rolleyes: