PDA

View Full Version : Policing threads that are unworthy of GM!

tennnisfannn
Jul 5th, 2010, 05:00 AM
Whislt I understand that this is women's tennis and there is a place for everything, I was disaaponted that the Isner/Mahut thread ws deleted. It wasn't just men's tennis, that match headlined just about every media outlet in the world.It was an incredible achievment or occurence something that may never ever be repeated in our life time. It was discussed by both tennis and non tennis fans alike- people I work with who show zero interest in tennis were intrigued by that match. Why were we not allowed to talk about it as a unique tennis experience on this board?:fiery:
I understand rules, but surely rules are meant to serve the people not the other way round!

Jajaloo
Jul 5th, 2010, 06:26 AM
Who really cares?

AT the end of the day it's just a tennis forum. There are bigger things in life.

It's just as easy to go to MTF.

Danii's Law
Jul 5th, 2010, 07:43 AM
I agree. Although this is a women's tennis forum it is mainly a place for tennis fans to exchange ideas. All people on this bored are educated tennis fans thus discussing something like the Isner v Mahut match is totally relevant.

Zamboni
Jul 5th, 2010, 08:03 AM
This thread doesn't belong here either.
And it's been discussed excessively in the appropiate forum - Bug/Errors. Why don't you go have a look there?