PDA

View Full Version : Vera didn't take loss well yesterday..... :(

DemWilliamsGulls
Jul 4th, 2010, 04:05 PM
I kinda felt sorry for her after reading this article, I wish she had won the doulbles..(cant say the same about the singles)

http://sports.yahoo.com/tennis/blog/busted_racquet/post/After-losing-singles-final-Zvonareva-sobs-on-co;_ylt=AoXpMrsPFIqjZxIFa2q.np84v7YF?urn=ten,25341 0

she still should be proud of her peformance this tournament.

tennisbum79
Jul 4th, 2010, 04:10 PM
I thought she had overcome these demons.

I feel sorry for Elena Vesnina to be put in such an impossibe position.
Trying to win a match, and consoling her partner who would help her do it.

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_ten_experts__3/ept_sports_ten_experts-184502709-1278188019.jpg?ymz3SZDDAHT9DS5D

KournikovaFan91
Jul 4th, 2010, 04:22 PM
It would suck to lose two GS finals in one day, although maybe she is upset because she feels she let Vesnina down since Vesnina has never won a doubles slam like Vera has.

The Witch-king
Jul 4th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Every time this girl makes a major breakthrough in her career everyone says she's conquered her emotions... Then she loses and it's "what happened?"
same thing happened at the YEC in 08, uso 09 and every damn tournament she plays. Get over it people this is how she is.

rockstar
Jul 4th, 2010, 04:32 PM
i know this sounds mean, but is there a video of her breaking down?

Valanga
Jul 4th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Vera :sad:

tennisbum79
Jul 4th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Every time this girl makes a major breakthrough in her career everyone says she's conquered her emotions... Then she loses and it's "what happened?"
same thing happened at the YEC in 08, uso 09 and every damn tournament she plays. Get over it people this is how she is.
Guilty as charged. I was one those who were fooled.

I have not always done it, but this time, thank to an excellent interview on ESPN, I thought she put this behind her.

Sad to say, she has not.

KournikovaFan91
Jul 4th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Well it was hardly a US Open-esque breakdown.

DemWilliamsGulls
Jul 4th, 2010, 04:39 PM
I guess because I never paid any attention to her, but I didnt know she did this all the time. I saw a few clip during serena's match where she had kicked and broken her raquet in a previous tournament...but ya'll are making her seem like a cry baby lol....well some of te comments on yahoo said it as well......

goldenlox
Jul 4th, 2010, 04:40 PM
I'm sure she will look back at this as a positive in her life.
Plus the check she gets wont hurt.

Akila
Jul 4th, 2010, 04:47 PM
She needs to man up. This is not a good look. How dare you cry over losing a tennis match so often when there are so many catastrophes happening in the world?!

tennisbum79
Jul 4th, 2010, 04:49 PM
I guess because I never paid any attention to her, but I didnt know she did this all the time. I saw a few clip during serena's match where she had kicked and broken her raquet in a previous tournament...but ya'll are making her seem like a cry baby lol....well some of te comments on yahoo said it as well......
USO '09

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Qg6J04XZhR4/SqXwSWt8WjI/AAAAAAAAJY8/POTot_akt2Y/s400/6a00d83423e30253ef0120a5525da4970b-400wi.jpg (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Qg6J04XZhR4/SqXwSWt8WjI/AAAAAAAAJY8/POTot_akt2Y/s1600-h/6a00d83423e30253ef0120a5525da4970b-400wi.jpg)

KournikovaFan91
Jul 4th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Thats a ridiculous argument to use, she is allowed to be upset about stuff that happens in her life, just because there is an earthquake,volcano or hurricane somewhere doesn't mean Vera can't be upset for losing at Wimbledon.

gmak
Jul 4th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Bepa :sad: :hug:

but that's nothing compared to what was happening in 2003/04

i still remember her 4R match at USO 2004 against Lena D
she took the first set easily 6-1 and after losing the FIRST point of the second set, she started crying and hitting herself with her racket :eek: i mean FIRST point of the second set after winning 6-1
those tantrums possibly cost her the match in the end :shrug:

Serenita
Jul 4th, 2010, 05:20 PM
I was wondering how long i would take before she goes in Wacko Bepa mode.

tennisbum79
Jul 4th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Well it was hardly a US Open-esque breakdown.
Actually, worse in some ways.

She hit her own partner, Vesnina with the racket while trying to smash it on the ground after she lost a point.
The macth is being shown on NBC now

égalité
Jul 4th, 2010, 05:49 PM
She hit Lena with her racket when she was smashing it :spit: :weirdo:

If you want to have a mental breakdown on court in singles, that's fine, but come on. Keep it together if you have a teammate. :help:

treufreund
Jul 4th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Bepa :sad: you had a great tourney! Cheer up!

spencercarlos
Jul 4th, 2010, 05:51 PM
I thought she had overcome these demons.

I feel sorry for Elena Vesnina to be put in such an impossibe position.
Trying to win a match, and consoling her partner who would help her do it.

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_ten_experts__3/ept_sports_ten_experts-184502709-1278188019.jpg?ymz3SZDDAHT9DS5D
Was not she putting up a show in Charlesston ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_gDmgeySvY

Did you think that from April to July she all of the sudden overcome who she is? ... hmmm

tennisbum79
Jul 4th, 2010, 05:51 PM
She hit Lena with her racket when she was smashing it :spit: :weirdo:

If you want to have a mental breakdown on court in singles, that's fine, but come on. Keep it together if you have a teammate. :help:
Could you believe that?
They were still in the match.
And even though they lost the first set, it could have gone either way.

Vartan
Jul 4th, 2010, 05:52 PM
I feel so bad for Vera, but even more so for Elena :(

tennisbum79
Jul 4th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Was not she putting up a show in Charlesston ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_gDmgeySvY

Did you think that from April to July she all of the sudden overcome who she is? ... hmmm
I was mistaken.
I misread her composure during her ESPN interview

KournikovaFan91
Jul 4th, 2010, 05:54 PM
I knew from the moment the alleged let happened on the first serve from Shvedova of the match that Zvonareva and Vesnina wouldn't win, the match started on such a bad note and then there was the challenge they weren't allowed to make.

tennisbum79
Jul 4th, 2010, 05:55 PM
I feel so bad for Vera, but even more so for Elena :(
Vera is an experienced double players with a couple GS doubles wins.

She should be carrying the team.
It is really unfair to Vesnina

Black Mamba.
Jul 4th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Vesnina deserved better. I feel sorry for Vera and her emotional issues, but when you're on a team you have to pull it together for that other person. That's what a team is all about.

goldenlox
Jul 4th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Vesnina is still young. I dont see why she cant be top 20 in singles and a YEC doubles player.

This stuff happens. Sometimes, its out of your hands.

bandabou
Jul 4th, 2010, 06:06 PM
I feel for her. Well, for the singles...not much she could do, Serena is just better. But when you beat the WS and then go lose to King/Shevdova..THAT one most hurt.

aisha
Jul 4th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Yeah, this is hard to watch. :speakles:

spartanfan
I wonder if Vesnina will want to play doubles with her again..but seriously, Vera is starting to seem unstable..I mean look at all the players on tour that lose every week, they don't have a complete meltdown like Vera tends to have...maybe she's just not cut out to play tennis...just thinking out loud..

Temperenka
Vera at least needs to learn how to control her emotions when she is playing doubles.

My heart goes out for Elena. She deserved a better shot at winning that match yesterday. :(

DOUBLEFIST
Jul 4th, 2010, 06:11 PM
:lol:

I love me some Bepa. What a sensitive little soul, such deep caring.

I mean, yes, it can come off as petulant and pouty, but if weighed in balance with her interviews and her interests off court, you can tell it's because she cares so deeply and is extremely meticulous, if not a perfectionist.

Bepa :hug:

tennisbum79
Jul 4th, 2010, 06:13 PM
But when you beat the WS and then go lose to King/Shevdova..THAT one most hurt.
That is where I feel bad for Vesnina.
This is such a unique opportunity after beating the WS, to take the title and give her a boost in her young single career.

That first set was well contested, it is not as if they were dominated.
Had she kept her composure, with her experience they could have won that set.
This is very unprofessional on Vera's part.
It is almost as if she does not want to win the doubles because she failed in the singles

aisha
Jul 4th, 2010, 06:14 PM

she took the first set easily 6-1 and after losing the FIRST point of the second set, she started crying and hitting herself with her racket :eek: i mean FIRST point of the second set after winning 6-1

Oh. My. God.
I remember that. She was cleaning Lena D's clock and from nowhere this Psycho Vera emerged. :speakles: :tape: :sad:

The SportsCenter anchor was clowning her when narrating her highlight. Funny but so sad at the same time.

tennisbum79
Jul 4th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Vesnina is an angel.:angel:

She was wiping Vera tears and put her arm around her while they were both in their chairs.

Vartan
Jul 4th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Vera is an experienced double players with a couple GS doubles wins.

She should be carrying the team.
It is really unfair to Vesnina

That's why I said I feel even more for Elena.

Black Mamba.
Jul 4th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Vesnina really can't trust Vera in the future and if she's smart she'll find a new partner.

KournikovaFan91
Jul 4th, 2010, 06:42 PM
I'd like to see Vesnina and Hantuchova together :hearts: Isn't Dani looking for a new partner .

Bruno71
Jul 4th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Shouldn't be too hard on Vera for this particular one. She had a lot of pressure on her with 2 Wimbledon finals matches on the same day. She cracked a bit, but she's still a great person and a very good player.

DefyingGravity
Jul 4th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Vera is upset....she will always have difficulty handling her emotions, and she managed to lose both her finals in the same day. If anything, the doubles final she felt responsible for the loss.

TennisFan66
Jul 4th, 2010, 06:52 PM

That would be checkS .. as in plural :) .. So Vania won the doubles. Well done to her. She is just :kiss:and a :hug:for Bepa ..

As said above, Bepa is Bepa and the 'break downs' should by now be expected .. Still, she's had an amaze SW19! WD ..

Can't say I've watched any these last days. The weather as been amaze too .. :)

homogenius
Jul 4th, 2010, 07:00 PM
She did a good job at keeping her emotions under control until the final (compared to the player she was in the past), and even then she didn't totally crumbled.
Any player would have struggled to play the doubles final after the loss in single.
That being said : she has still some work to do obviously.

shega
Jul 4th, 2010, 07:07 PM
I think she was feeling responsible...that's why she was crying while playing doubles.
Too bad, cause this is probably the only thing that stops here from being top 3 or any better GS final ../

Cosmologist
Jul 4th, 2010, 07:13 PM
vera was also poor during doubles final and vesnina didn't do anything to lift her up. elena played more crapy than vera in doubles. maybe vera believed she could beat williams on the final..

mdterp01
Jul 4th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Sorry but there's just no excuse after all this time that she's still having these emotional meltdowns. She's not early in her career anymore. She's seasoned and she needs to get it together. Even though it was accidental, hitting Elena with the racquet was just ridiculous.

Sassy-Na
Jul 4th, 2010, 08:01 PM
vera.z :hug:

goldenlox
Jul 4th, 2010, 08:25 PM
A lot of players pull out of doubles when they make a deep singles run.
This is Vera's 1st slam final. Vera is older than Sveta, Dinara and Maria.

So she stayed in doubles tried to win both, and couldnt do it.

Shvedova/King were playing well. They beat Petrova/Stosur and Mattek/Huber

hurricanejeanne
Jul 4th, 2010, 08:27 PM
:lol:

I love me some Bepa. What a sensitive little soul, such deep caring.

I mean, yes, it can come off as petulant and pouty, but if weighed in balance with her interviews and her interests off court, you can tell it's because she cares so deeply and is extremely meticulous, if not a perfectionist.

Bepa :hug:

That's our Bepa. :lol: She's such a Virgo with her mood swings and perfectionisms (I can talk because I am one too :p).

I feel awful for her though, I can't imagine the ups and downs of emotions she had yesterday. Playing in a slam final, losing that but keeping her emotions in check only to lose the doubles and lose it. This is simply a girl who just needs to cry (and scream, throw things) and if cry on court she must do, then that's what's going to happen.

Take a deep breath Bepa, it'll be okay. :hug:

Myskinacomeback
Jul 4th, 2010, 08:35 PM
that Zvonerva is just getting on my nerves now
come on!!!!!give it a rest

DemWilliamsGulls
Jul 4th, 2010, 11:09 PM
I can only imagine how it affected her partners game..afterwards. From reading the article she had the meltdown DURING the game....

Myskinacomeback
Jul 4th, 2010, 11:11 PM
I can only imagine how it affected her partners game..afterwards. From reading the article she had the meltdown DURING the game....

the male model/ex tennis player who satisfys her?

Slutati
Jul 4th, 2010, 11:12 PM
She needs to get over it. It's not like she was ever going to win anyway. Just be happy, it's the greatest thing she will ever achieve on a tennis court.

Brena
Jul 4th, 2010, 11:13 PM
Well, that's the way Vera is - a sweet and intelligent girl, an extremely talented and hard-working tennis player, but a complete nut on the court. As cute and funny as her meltdowns can be, they can make her look sad and they hamper her career. Also, they make her an unreliable doubles partner, and I do feel for Vesnina.
However - so what? She is still a great player and has just made both single and doubles Wimbledon final (who says vesnina would make the final without her?). She managed to overcome serious injuries and get back to the top unlike some girls who fell into oblivion due to not being able to overcpme their own problems. She has also visibly improved her mental strength. Unlike most of her peers, she has academic (formal? :lol:) education and can excel in other fields later in her life instead of being permanently bound to tennis.
All in all, despite not being perfect, Vera is quite fantastic the way she is. :inlove:

GrosjeantheGreat
Jul 5th, 2010, 12:14 AM
Vera's teary episodes are cute.

Valanga
Jul 5th, 2010, 12:16 AM
I feel sorry for Lena V :sad: If the WD final is played today they might have won it

Mary Cherry.
Jul 5th, 2010, 12:50 AM
It was an awful situation for both of them :sad: Maybe it would've been more ideal to play the ladies doubles final on Sunday rather than Saturday but the boffins at Wimbledon probably wouldn't budge their schedule for anyone.

You can't really blame Vera for her breakdown, she was caught in a catch 22 situation - she was obviously upset about her loss just a couple of hours before and had bottled it in and when things went wrong for them after the first set she couldn't help being upset - I know I would've been. She probably felt she had to keep it together for Lena's sake and when she couldn't, she probably felt even worse :hug: Credit to Vesnina though, I think she handled the situation pretty well. I hope she doesn't look for another partner because they were both playing some superb stuff before the final.

kiwifan
Jul 5th, 2010, 02:00 AM
I'm sorry but I just love "blubbering Bepa"; beating herself with her racket and breaking down crying for reasons no on else can quite grasp...

...she's a classic!!! - :)

Bruno71
Jul 5th, 2010, 02:54 AM
that Zvonerva is just getting on my nerves now
come on!!!!!give it a rest

Yes. Wouldn't it be nice if a stable, mellow type like Myskina came back and saved tennis. :drool:

gmokb
Jul 5th, 2010, 03:26 AM
I really don't pay attention to players other than the WS so I had never seen the meltdown before. I have heard about them but until yesterday never saw one.

I am sorry, it might be heartless but I was laughing my head off. Here is this big woman, who should be use to losing by now, bursting into tears cause she is losing a match. Its beyond pathetic. Others have lost singles and doubles the same day and yet they don't burst into tears like a three year old child.

How is she going to cope with working for the UN? She better not be a field officer or she will be an emotional mess.

Jaco·He
Jul 5th, 2010, 03:38 AM
笑死我了

Hsinyi
Jul 5th, 2010, 04:21 AM
losing two finals in one day is :(
but i mean you always see how she's feeling
maybe other people just keep it to themselves well

tennnisfannn
Jul 5th, 2010, 04:44 AM
She needs to man up. This is not a good look. How dare you cry over losing a tennis match so often when there are so many catastrophes happening in the world?!
Federer wept in front of the whole world, atleast Vera wept on the sidelines.

peanuts
Jul 5th, 2010, 05:41 AM
Poor Vera. :hug: Given how emotional she can get, losing the singles and doubles final of Wimbledon in one day must have really hurt. I can't really blame her for losing it in the doubles.

And Vesnina is a good friend. :awww: That was nice of her to console Vera and show genuine concern even though I'm pretty sure she's feeling so disappointed after losing the first set and then later on the match.

the_tk
Jul 5th, 2010, 05:58 AM
Enough with all these "poor Bepa" comments :help::help::help:

To reach Wimbledon final in singles and doubles is what every player dreams about.
She lost in the singles to the best player in the world, it's no shame. She gave a great tournament. Get over it!

The least she could do is give everything in doubles.
When you play doubles you should have at least the minimal commitment to your partner. If someone was poor on this day, it's was Vesnina.

She's not a young inexperienced player anymore so it's starting to be pathetic.
Vera, get it together! If you can't handle yourself when you lose – retire! :rolleyes:

Kworb
Jul 5th, 2010, 08:23 AM
She was probably upset cause Sergey had promised her extra "treats" if she managed to win one of the finals.

peanuts
Jul 5th, 2010, 10:10 AM
She was probably upset cause Sergey had promised her extra "treats" if she managed to win one of the finals.

:haha:

Sergey :hearts:

hablo
Jul 5th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Poor Elena. :awww:

goldenlox
Jul 5th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Elena might not have beaten the Williams sisters without Vera there.
So Vera helped her get there, and then the timing hurt Vera, playing both finals so close together.

Elena is now a FO and Wimbledon finalist in doubles. No reason she cant be in more slam finals in doubles

The Witch-king
Jul 5th, 2010, 12:05 PM
i know this sounds mean, but is there a video of her breaking down?
lmao, as soon as I heard about her crying I was disappointed that I had switched off the TV at 3-2 in the first set. i may have even shed a few tears :lol:
yeah. IMO this is just the way she reacts to negative things. No different than someone who screams or shouts or becomes inverted. She'll get over it.

it's not a big deal.

omg :haha: :spit: :lol: this girl is a trip

klever58
Jul 5th, 2010, 12:07 PM
remember "psycho bepa attack" ??

propi
Jul 5th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Sorry but she needs to grow up, losing is a part of the game she has to deal with it, maybe look for proffesional help, but if she can't she should give up tennis, she clearly isn't happy about it and she keeps on adding more and more preassure :o

olivero
Jul 5th, 2010, 12:20 PM
After reading this I don't feel sorry for her anymore. Now I feel sorry for Vesnina instead :lol:

Vera reached a final of Wimbledon (GS in which she never passed 4th round). She should be damn happy to go that far. Crying in her doubles match is just ridiculous.

Helen Lawson
Jul 5th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Didn't Betty Stove lose all 3 finals in 1977? It could have been worse for Vera. Talk about years of therapy down the drain in one afternoon. I do feel badly for Vesnina. Hope Vera can rebound and look back on those two weeks fondly.

Rix643
Jul 5th, 2010, 12:37 PM
^
Betty........ :hysteric:
She did, WD with Navratilova, MD with McMillan.....

Poor Lena, hope she'll bounce back. Couple of weeks rest to deal with it at home; she sounded disillusioned, upset, disappointed, angry....

mykarma
Jul 5th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Enough with all these "poor Bepa" comments :help::help::help:

To reach Wimbledon final in singles and doubles is what every player dreams about.
She lost in the singles to the best player in the world, it's no shame. She gave a great tournament. Get over it!

The least she could do is give everything in doubles.
When you play doubles you should have at least the minimal commitment to your partner. If someone was poor on this day, it's was Vesnina.

She's not a young inexperienced player anymore so it's starting to be pathetic.
Vera, get it together! If you can't handle yourself when you lose – retire! :rolleyes:
Agreed. She needs to get help to control her emotions and stop acting like a spoil brat.

DemWilliamsGulls
Jul 5th, 2010, 03:53 PM
I really don't pay attention to players other than the WS so I had never seen the meltdown before. I have heard about them but until yesterday never saw one.

I am sorry, it might be heartless but I was laughing my head off. Here is this big woman, who should be use to losing by now, bursting into tears cause she is losing a match. Its beyond pathetic. Others have lost singles and doubles the same day and yet they don't burst into tears like a three year old child.

How is she going to cope with working for the UN? She better not be a field officer or she will be an emotional mess.

LOL you sound exactly like me....;)

thrust
Jul 5th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Vera really was pathetic in the doubles match. I really felt sorry for her partner, who Vera accidently hit when she wildly slammed her racquet. I was really happy for the winners. They were so overjoyed! One of them kept yelling to the other-WE WON WIMBLEDON!! Such an extreme contrast from the pathetic Vera and her unfortunate partner, who seems like a very nice young lady.