PDA

View Full Version : Is Venus just Serena's doubles partner now?

StephenUK
Jul 4th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Venus has not won another slam besides Wimbledon since 2001.

Venus has not been in another slam final besides Wimbledon since 2003.

Venus has not won Wimbledon since 2008, Serena winning the last two.

If Serena is to dominate Wimbledon for the foreseeable, is the only way that Venus can add to her slam collection is to be Serena's doubles partner?

volta
Jul 4th, 2010, 01:00 PM
:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

you people worry about Venus alot more than her actual fans

Olórin
Jul 4th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Venus went a long time from Championship winning drinks 2001-2005. She has also proven to be VERY unpredictable over the years. If she doesn't get to another slam semi in the next two seasons, I for one wouldn't then be surprised if she came storming back to win Wimbledon and the Olympics in 2012 or something equally crazy.

You really can never count her out. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see her win the USO again, AO and FO seem very unlikely at this point.

That said, being blunt, Venus has been mentally weak for the past 9 months or so (can we trace it back as far as Wimbledon Final 2009?) and until she sorts that out she's facing an uphill battle. But I believe she can overcome it.

volta
Jul 4th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Venus went a long time from Championship winning drinks 2001-2005. She has also proven to be VERY unpredictable over the years. If she doesn't get to another slam semi in the next two seasons, I for one wouldn't then be surprised if she came storming back to win Wimbledon and the Olympics in 2012 or something equally crazy.

You really can never count her out. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see her win the USO again, AO and FO seem very unlikely at this point.

That said, being blunt, Venus has been mentally weak for the past 9 months or so (can we trace it back as far as Wimbledon Final 2009?) and until she sorts that out she's facing an uphill battle. But I believe she can overcome it.

And that's pretty much her problem. She's folding like a cheap tent everytime she gets a lead. How often do we see Vinas blow 40-0 , 40-15 leads on her serve now? :o Right now she is an awful front runner,you can almost tell that she is going to lose the next game after breaking the opponent :o she just needs to check that out asp.
I've never had a prob with him before but i think that it's time to ditch David.
I'm glad that she got pissed and went home after this Wimbledon disaster

With that said this is just another "i need attention" thread from a non Venus fan so go on guys take the bait :rolleyes:

siddharthrajpal
Jul 4th, 2010, 01:07 PM
you're stupid , she is still raced at no.2

Olórin
Jul 4th, 2010, 01:09 PM
With that said this is just another "i need attention" thread from a non Venus fan so go on guys take the bait :rolleyes:

Yeah, this is an unnecessarily negative and troll-bating thread for sure. But I haven't had time to properly think about Venus' loss until now so I actually have comments to make on the OP :lol:

volta
Jul 4th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Yeah, this is an unnecessarily negative and troll-bating thread for sure. But I haven't had time to properly think about Venus' loss until now so I actually have comments to make on the OP :lol:

yeah he isn't even trying to hide it :tape:

i wouldn't have a thing to say as well if it wasn't for your post :lol:

tennisbum79
Jul 4th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Have you become just Venus critic now?

Lord Choc Ice
Jul 4th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Venus' suckage in the slams is depressing but I'd be shocked if she didn't win one more in her career. I'm praying the USO this year. :)

Slutiana
Jul 4th, 2010, 01:25 PM
:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

you people worry about Venus alot more than her actual fans
This.

kiwifan
Jul 4th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Only if you also agree that anyone on the tour who hasn't won a slam this year is a scrub, too.

Any one ranked below her shouldn't even be on the singles tour, if she doesn't belong there right? :devil:

Pureracket
Jul 4th, 2010, 01:59 PM
:haha: troll thread.

bandabou
Jul 4th, 2010, 02:16 PM
:lol: Nah man she's still good. But mann, how her sister just totally surpassed her like this. I mean almost twice as many majors?!

Lord Choc Ice
Jul 4th, 2010, 02:21 PM
:lol: Nah man she's still good. But mann, how her sister just totally surpassed her like this. I mean almost twice as many majors?!
IKR. At the start of '09 before AO she was only 2 slams ahead. :sobbing:

The Witch-king
Jul 4th, 2010, 02:33 PM

i'm sure when Serena goes home she likes to brag how much more slams she has than venus

sky20748
Jul 4th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Plain and simple Venus just needs to stop worrying about the doubles and focus more on the singles. Put all her attention on making that push in singles.It's like she is saying ok if I dont win in singles then I have a chance in doubles.. No you have the better shot in singles if u just find that fire in the belly again. Venus will win more majors IF she chooses to. The decision is hers.

volta
Jul 4th, 2010, 02:34 PM
i'm sure when Serena goes home she likes to brag how much more slams she has than venus

and wasn't Sarin who said on her book that they count their slams as a whole? i know one of them said that somewhere :lol:

bandabou
Jul 4th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Don't think Serena's gonna BRAG perce, but I mean..everybody knows it.

-Sonic-
Jul 4th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Winning Wimbledon so many times is a big achievement... saying things like "only" winning Wimbledon is a bit silly IMHO.