PDA

View Full Version : Which all-time great's best weapon would you most like to have?

siddharthrajpal
Jul 4th, 2010, 05:35 AM
it was in wtatour.com so i decided to put it here:D , so what according to you is the GOAT weapon...

Baselinebasher
Jul 4th, 2010, 05:37 AM
Probably Graf's forehand.

ElusiveChanteuse
Jul 4th, 2010, 05:38 AM
Serena's serve...she can win the whole field with just her serve alone I believe.:shrug:

Vartan
Jul 4th, 2010, 05:40 AM
Serena's serve.

hingisGOAT
Jul 4th, 2010, 05:40 AM
Serena's serve. No real competition here.
Graf's forehand. No comparison. The most destructive shot in WTA history.
Hingis' backhand. She could do everything with it (down the line, inside out, short angles, topspin lob, drop shot, one-handed slice) and could go sets without making a single error.
Nav's volleys.
Clijsters court coverage.

Caralenko
Jul 4th, 2010, 05:45 AM
Steffi's forehand :bowdown:

Watch all the Sarin fans come in and say "You don't even get a chance to play a FH if you don't have a good serve" :tears:

serenafann
Jul 4th, 2010, 05:53 AM
The foundation of any great game is and should be a great serve,so I chose Serena's Hall Of Fame level serve.

Serenus Christ
Jul 4th, 2010, 05:53 AM
Serena
You don't even get a chance to play a FH if you don't have a good serve

Vartan
Jul 4th, 2010, 06:03 AM
Serena
You don't even get a chance to play a FH if you don't have a good serve

:lol:

Havok
Jul 4th, 2010, 06:11 AM
Steffi's forehand. Nothing comes close to it imo.

Hingis should be up there for her on-court intelligence. Imagine if these young girls would play with an ounce of smartness instead of hitting the shit out of every ball with no tactics or point construction.

Sir Stefwhit
Jul 4th, 2010, 07:03 AM
You can't school me on Steffi's forehand, she's my childhood idol- I was right there with her cheering her on from the late 80s till her retirement. She basically invented running around your backhand to hit a forehand. And we all know how lethal it was. Now in all honesty, it wasn't always there for Steffi.

She had many matches were it was just off, although it was a winning shot on any given day it could go way off and Steffi could litter up an unforced error sheet like nobody's business- that never really gets talked about much. Evenstill it's a masterful stroke. And anyone with that kind of forehand is going to always be a favorite going into a match against most players.

Now with all that said, the answer is simple.

Serena's serve!

next question please...

Human Nature
Jul 4th, 2010, 07:04 AM
Serena'serve for me ...nothing better since the beginning of WTA .

heartBREAKeRS
Jul 4th, 2010, 07:21 AM
Serena has the best serve in the world

Slutiana
Jul 4th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Serena's serve of course.

And Venus' speed. :smoke:

DOUBLEFIST
Jul 4th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Didn't I post this same thread after AO? :scratch:

Safe-From-Harm
Jul 4th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Venus and speed?
Hmm, those 2 don't go together I think.

Olórin
Jul 4th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Serena's serve and Steffi's forehand for me.

Don't know why they put Henin's backhand there though over Chris'; Evert won 18 Grand Slams with her backhand.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jul 4th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Serena commands an even bigger weapon than her serve ( which is also the reason why most of her fans support her )