PDA

View Full Version : Martina Navratilova said "Serena has the best serve of all time "

calou
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:15 PM
:yeah:

DevilishAttitude
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:19 PM
Remember, we are only interested on this board on proving how "bitter" Navratilova is against the Williams sisters, anything that she says that is positive about them is clearly a lie and she's just hating anyway, apparently.

:rolleyes:

jefrilibra
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:21 PM
Saw that too! Even she can't deny it now.

homogenius
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:22 PM
stating the obvious but a nice compliment coming from an alledged "hater" ;)

tievae
:hug: BFF

Serena y Monica
Yep and Serena didn't even acknowledge her existance. Does anyone know where the enmity comes from. Is it just that Martina is so defined by what she achieved on court that she can't feel joy for the next generation or was there an actual falling out?

Donny
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:23 PM
Remember, we are only interested on this board on proving how "bitter" Navratilova is against the Williams sisters, anything that she says that is positive about them is clearly a lie and she's just hating anyway, apparently.

stating the obvious but a nice compliment coming from an alledged "hater" ;)

Please try to keep any negativity out of this thread, guys. We're all adults here.

calou
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:24 PM

she also said there is nobody at the moment who she thinks can beat or be better than Serena.She 's not a liar and say what she thinks:(

Caralenko
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:24 PM
Please try to keep any negativity out of this thread, guys. We're all adults here.

http://i43.tinypic.com/fmjfx5.jpg

DevilishAttitude
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:25 PM

Tell that to the people who consisently ramble on about how Martina is bitter & jealous of them. Remember, in achievements, she ranks higher than the Williams, and yet she apparently has a massive problem with them?! :confused: hmmm.

Bijoux0021
:yeah:
So what else is new? :shrug:

mauresmofan
Anybody who knows anything about tennis or the history of the game knows Serenas serve is the greatest ever - no comparrison, second on the list is up for debate but Davenport would be top of my list for the runner up spot. I'd love to know where that thread went with you being only able to pick one player to represent the different shots which would make up the ultimate player.

toxina90
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:26 PM
Hardly expert knowledge. I hope Martina wins the doubles or whatever after her illness :)

viele
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:26 PM

Well even she has to acknowledge the obvious! She would look like a fool if she didn't. The question is how does she feel about her privately and I get the sense that she does not particularly care for her. Just look at the contrast between BJK and Martina in the stands. BJK was briming with pride and support and Martina could barely muster a smile. I could be wrong, maybe that's just the way she is but a picture says a thousand words!

Serenita
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:28 PM
Tell us something we didn't know :shrug:

homogenius
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:28 PM

:spit: After what was written on navy by some hardcore Williams fans that's pretty funny.

Donny
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:32 PM
:spit: After what was written on navy by some hardcore Williams fans that's pretty funny.

So one compliment from Martina negates every criticism of her by Serena fans? Airtight logic.

Diesel
So what else is new? :shrug:

Seriously, somehow Martina should get praise for what's already known, let alone common sense.

tennisbum79
Yesterday during their late night show( John and Mary Carrilo) , John McEnroe said Serena has the best 1st and 2nd serve of all time among the women.

Mary and Ted Robinson repeated that today.

Mightymirza
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:35 PM
We dont need 10000000000000the thread about it :lol: It has been known for a long time :wavey:

homogenius
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:35 PM
So one compliment from Martina negates every criticism of her by Serena fans? Airtight logic.

The women has been called a "bitch, sack of shit etc..." countless times in the last thread about her (and that's not what I'd call criticism sorry)so spare me the "please guys we are all adults, no need for negativity"

tennisbum79
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:36 PM
I am going to consider your comment as venting your frustration after arguing for hours that Serena is now a serve-only player.

Cleary, she showed once again that it is no so.
It is time for you to acknowledge that you were wrong.

homogenius
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:42 PM
I am going to consider your comment as venting your frustration after arguing for hours that Serena is now a serve-only player.

Cleary, she showed once again that it is no so.
It is time for you to acknowledge that you were wrong.

I didn't "argue for hours" (I posted two times about it :lol:) and never said she was only a serve so stop putting words in my mouth.
I have no problem with Serena winning this Wimbly, she was clearly better than Vera so I don't know why I should be frustated (I'm frustated sometimes when she's unable to bring more than her serve and fight but that was not the case today):shrug:

All this has nothing to do with what we were talking about :wavey:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:43 PM
who else could she say :lol:

gmokb
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:47 PM
Please tells us something we don't know:)

calou
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:47 PM
who else could she say :lol:

She could say nothing !

rockstar
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:50 PM
Well even she has to acknowledge the obvious! She would look like a fool if she didn't. The question is how does she feel about her privately and I get the sense that she does not particularly care for her. Just look at the contrast between BJK and Martina in the stands. BJK was briming with pride and support and Martina could barely muster a smile. I could be wrong, maybe that's just the way she is but a picture says a thousand words!

why do you care about martina's private thoughts?

serena probably wishes that old hag drowned in a vat of toxic but you dont crucify her for that

freeandlonely
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:51 PM
Tell us something we didn't know :shrug:

She, Martina Navratilova, is actually a fan of the Williams, everyword she said is trying to improve Wiliiams' motivation to deny her.:cool:

kiwifan
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:55 PM
I'd be more impressed if she said it 5 or 10 years ago, now it is like saying "water is wet"...

...love that shot of Billie Jean all happy and Nav all frowning. :lol:

Thkmra
Jul 3rd, 2010, 06:37 PM
Yep and Serena didn't even acknowledge her existance. Does anyone know where the enmity comes from. Is it just that Martina is so defined by what she achieved on court that she can't feel joy for the next generation or was there an actual falling out?

Both!! And even for her, it kinda staing the obvious....I mean had anyone else even be mentioned..:o

Pureracket
Jul 3rd, 2010, 06:44 PM

:rolleyes:Why the negativity?

Lulu.
Jul 3rd, 2010, 06:46 PM
Well even she has to acknowledge the obvious! She would look like a fool if she didn't.

Exactly. Doesn't change how she feels about her. :shrug:

Vlover
Jul 3rd, 2010, 07:27 PM
She could say nothing !
What difference does it make? As if Serena is waiting on Martina's or anyone else's validation! As we all know Serena doesn't rely on anyone to tell her how good she is and will tell you herself if you doubt her.:lol:

PS: Serena was very nice to Maria also in 2004 even though she lost that match but who is going to giver her credit for that?

Cakeisgood
Jul 3rd, 2010, 07:43 PM
Martina hates on Serena? She's called a hater, a bitch, and bitter.
Martina praises Serena? She's berated for "stating the obvious."

You guys are unbelievable. You don't have to like Martina for this one comment, but grow up. I'm sure Serena liked being complimented by one of the best servers in the game, and you guys are turning this into a shitfest.

dreamgoddess099
Jul 3rd, 2010, 07:46 PM

I don't know what happened, if anything at all. Remember Serena played doubles with Navi in a tourny back in 02 and has said many times how much she loved Navi's intensity and fight on court. I actually see a good bit of Navi in Serena. Remember Navi was a super fit, super aggressive player in her day. Other than being a lesbian, she and Serena have a lot more in common than admitted. Or perhaps that's what Nav holds against Serena, the fact that she doesn't recognize her more as being an influence on her aggressive play. Who knows?

Cakeisgood
Jul 3rd, 2010, 07:48 PM
I don't know what happened, if anything at all. Remember Serena played doubles with Navi in a tourny back in 02 and has said many times how much she loved Navi's intensity and fight on court. I actually see a good bit of Navi in Serena. Remember Navi was a super fit, super aggressive player in her day. Other than being a lesbian, she and Serena have a lot more in common than admitted. Or perhaps that's what Nav holds against Serena, the fact that she doesn't recognize her more as being an influence on her aggressive play. Who knows?

Yeah, they seemed tight. I think the "hater" thing is more of a TF concocted thing.

And "other than being a lesbian"!?!?!?!? Maria Sharapova is going to hunt you down.

Diesel
Jul 3rd, 2010, 08:07 PM
Exactly. Doesn't change how she feels about her. :shrug:

It's just that simple.

LightWarrior
Jul 3rd, 2010, 08:09 PM
Martina hates on Serena? She's called a hater, a bitch, and bitter.
Martina praises Serena? She's berated for "stating the obvious."

You guys are unbelievable. You don't have to like Martina for this one comment, but grow up. I'm sure Serena liked being complimented by one of the best servers in the game, and you guys are turning this into a shitfest.

Some Serena fans are obnoxious. Same ones that hate Chris Evert for her infamous open letter to Serena. :rolleyes:

Rome
Jul 3rd, 2010, 08:13 PM
Tell that to the people who consisently ramble on about how Martina is bitter & jealous of them. Remember, in achievements, she ranks higher than the Williams, and yet she apparently has a massive problem with them?! :confused: hmmm.

You just pointed out the reason she has a problem with the Williams she wants to keep it that way. Martina has help the young girl from her home country. And i take it she didn't get paid for it.

dreamgoddess099
Jul 3rd, 2010, 08:13 PM
Yeah, they seemed tight. I think the "hater" thing is more of a TF concocted thing.

And "other than being a lesbian"!?!?!?!? Maria Sharapova is going to hunt you down.

Now weren't you just mentioning TF concocted things? They're infectious huh?:lol:

Donny
Jul 3rd, 2010, 08:55 PM
Some Serena fans are obnoxious. Same ones that hate Chris Evert for her infamous open letter to Serena. :rolleyes:

*Irony meter explodes*

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 3rd, 2010, 09:03 PM
*Irony meter explodes*

:rolls: was just thinking the same thing

friendsita
Jul 3rd, 2010, 09:04 PM
ughhh...

spiritedenergy
Jul 3rd, 2010, 09:17 PM
said by Navratilova is quite something:worship:

mykarma
Jul 3rd, 2010, 09:22 PM
*Irony meter explodes*
this

shoparound
Jul 3rd, 2010, 09:29 PM
Yesterday during their late night show( John and Mary Carrilo) , John McEnroe said Serena has the best 1st and 2nd serve of all time among the women.

Mary and Ted Robinson repeated that today.

Funny Mary mentions that on a Serena match. She's talked up Sam's serve every other match as being the best in the women's game.

danieln1
Jul 3rd, 2010, 09:57 PM
Serena totally dissed Martina, and she was so right...

Sue said: Navratilova said that you have the best serve ever bla bla bla, and then, Serena didn´t even say her name! :haha: :haha:

She just stating the obvious martina

tennisbum79
Jul 3rd, 2010, 10:15 PM
You seem very agiated and exasperated today.

I have seen your post criticised Venus for going home and not supporting Serena. As if you really care if Serena get support or not.

DualMedia
Jul 3rd, 2010, 10:16 PM
it is so funny because the other day she was talking shit about Serena, now she wants to kiss her big ass!

LightWarrior
Jul 3rd, 2010, 10:21 PM
You seem very agiated and exasperated today.

I have seen your post criticised Venus for going home and not supporting Serena. As if you really care if Serena get support or not.

I didn't criticize Venus for going home. I just pointed out the fact that Venus is gone, and considering how close they both keep saying they are, I just find it odd. Venus is weird sometimes. Gemini...

tennisbum79
Jul 3rd, 2010, 10:33 PM
I didn't criticize Venus for going home. I just pointed out the fact that Venus is gone, and considering how close they both keep saying they are, I just find it odd. Venus is weird sometimes. Gemini...
This is not the first time it happened.
Each of them have done it.

They were out of the double, Serena said on ESPN last night thta Venus wrote her a touching note after her loss and she was very appreciative and proud to have a sister like Venus.

JN
Jul 3rd, 2010, 10:47 PM
why do you care about martina's private thoughts?

serena probably wishes that old hag drowned in a vat of toxic but you dont crucify her for that

Let me get this straight, we're supposed to crucify Serena for what you say she's probably wishing?? You haters are losing your minds over a damn tennis match.:crazy:

mboyle
Jul 3rd, 2010, 11:10 PM
Anybody who knows anything about tennis or the history of the game knows Serenas serve is the greatest ever - no comparrison, second on the list is up for debate but Davenport would be top of my list for the runner up spot. I'd love to know where that thread went with you being only able to pick one player to represent the different shots which would make up the ultimate player.
No way. Nav is second in the open era. You don't have the second best serve in tennis history and walk away with only 3 majors, at least in my opinion, particularly when Lindsay also had such great groundstrokes .

StephenUK
Jul 3rd, 2010, 11:21 PM
Wow, Martina spoke the truth! At least she's not a lickspittle like Tracy 'Serena nearly won the French this year' Austin! What a joke she is!

azinna
Jul 4th, 2010, 12:15 AM
No way. Nav is second in the open era. You don't have the second best serve in tennis history and walk away with only 3 majors, at least in my opinion, particularly when Lindsay also had such great groundstrokes .

Actually, I would place Graf ahead of Navratilova, serve-wise. Martina was more prone to dips in 1st serve % and DFs when the pressure was on.

And in defense of Lindsay's serve, her issue was mental strength, even just plain confidence, which would dip for no apparent reason. She even admitted as much in her commentary this week for a Serena match, something to this effect: "whenever I was playing well, I was always worried it would go away." And it often did, manifesting in a slew of groundstroke errors in the net, while her serve was often the same.

Matt01
Jul 4th, 2010, 12:26 AM
Wow, Martina spoke the truth! At least she's not a lickspittle like Tracy 'Serena nearly won the French this year' Austin! What a joke she is!

:rolls:

#1SteffiGraf#1
Jul 4th, 2010, 12:55 AM
Yup she does, easilly. Whenever her opponent starts playing good tennis, SERVErena wakes up and "cheeses" her way through an easy service game. The opponent realizes she has NO CHANCE vs the SERVErena serve, and the match quickly ends. It's like clockwork, really.

SERVErena's shoulders make Mike Tyson jealous, and her upper leg strength is crazy.

She is ALL serve. Which is boring, and like I said, CHEESY.

Wimbledon9
Jul 4th, 2010, 12:58 AM
Did really any of you saw a match of Martina in the 70's 80"'s or 90"s she was a good player a good winner a good loser and had great sportmanship what are you up to. She also meaned a lot to gay and lesbian youngsters she made them stronger or even saved them from suicide, ask BJK she read the letters. Martina does not deserve this treatment by these stupid Williams fans. She had a lot on her plate these last few months like the cancer and the stupid lawsuit by a lazy women maybe her smiles were up and it was a boring match anyway she was just bored

DOUBLEFIST
Jul 4th, 2010, 01:23 AM
Did really any of you saw a match of Martina in the 70's 80"'s or 90"s she was a good player a good winner a good loser ...
Ask Chris Evert if Martina was a good loser. :lol:

Pureracket
Jul 4th, 2010, 02:28 AM
So where does Williams rank among the best women’s tennis players through the years?
“Top five,” answered Navratilova, without a moment’s hesitation. “It’s not just about how many Slams you win or how many tournaments you win—it’s just your game overall. And she’s definitely got all the goods. It would have been fun to play her, but at the same time, I’m glad that I didn’t have to.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/tennis/news;_ylt=AlGHhLyZWxpMZO6wZ1mu.Ds4v7YF?slug=ap-wimbledon

azinna
Jul 4th, 2010, 03:22 AM
So where does Williams rank among the best women’s tennis players through the years?
“Top five,” answered Navratilova, without a moment’s hesitation. “It’s not just about how many Slams you win or how many tournaments you win—it’s just your game overall. And she’s definitely got all the goods. It would have been fun to play her, but at the same time, I’m glad that I didn’t have to.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/tennis/news;_ylt=AlGHhLyZWxpMZO6wZ1mu.Ds4v7YF?slug=ap-wimbledon

Nice to know Serena's on her way into GOAT convos by those who know what being a GOAT is about...

homogenius
Jul 4th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Actually, I would place Graf ahead of Navratilova, serve-wise. Martina was more prone to dips in 1st serve % and DFs when the pressure was on.

And in defense of Lindsay's serve, her issue was mental strength, even just plain confidence, which would dip for no apparent reason. She even admitted as much in her commentary this week for a Serena match, something to this effect: "whenever I was playing well, I was always worried it would go away." And it often did, manifesting in a slew of groundstroke errors in the net, while her serve was often the same.

yep + she was possibly the worst mover ever among the slam winners/great players.
But I kinda agree with mauresmofan's post : Lindsay is in discussion for the 2nd best serve after Serena's one.

PolishLunatiq
Jul 4th, 2010, 08:41 AM
true:)