PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon Girls' Final: Kristyna Pliskova def. Sachie Ishizu 63 46 64!!!

Sexysova
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:51 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :inlove: :woohoo: :cheer: was down 2-4 in the final set :cheer:

TeamUla
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:55 PM
Kristyna :hearts:

Andreas
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:56 PM
Does winning a junior GS mean nothing to the girls? :unsure: It might as well have been a R1 win judging by Pliskova's reaction. Not even a smile :o What I usually like about watching the Slam finals is the reaction when winning :o

On the other hand, Ishizu was crying her eyes out :awww: Maybe it mattered more to her.

Anyway, from what I watched, this wasn't really great level tennis but I suppose the better player won in the end.

TheBoiledEgg
Kristyna ;) :D joins her twin as a slam winner, but she's got the better one ;)

Rising Sun
Knew Sachie would choke... :banghead: :rolleyes:

*sigh*

iGOAT
Oh I'm really glad for her :) her and her sister are seeming like upcoming Radwanska's :p.

Nice win Kristyna and enjoy playing the main draw with wildcard next year!

ElusiveChanteuse
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:57 PM
Twins junior grand slam champion?:cheer:

juki
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:58 PM
Sachie :hug:

Still a great week though :D

Julian.
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:58 PM
http://mm.denik.cz/1/22/tenis_kristyna_karolina_pliskovy_ms1_9631_denik_cl anek_solo.jpg

They are both junior grand slam champions now :bowdown:

Australian Open 2010 Junior Champion: Karolina Pliskova
Wimbledon 2010 Junior Champion: Kristyna Pliskova

The first twins to do it i think :hearts:

winnermax
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:59 PM
Kristyna,well done :lol: :lol:

Rising Sun
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:01 PM
On the other hand, Ishizu was crying her eyes out :awww: Maybe it mattered more to her.

Understandably since there's been no Japanese junior GS winner since Kazuko Sawamatsu in 1969. :sad:

Shepster
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:09 PM
Saw the final set after the awfulness of the womens' final, very entertaining. I love Kristyna's game, so effortlessly fluid, also liked that in the earlier rounds against Dean she was willing to let her opponent make the mistakes, but here constructed the points and went for her shots. Lot to like with Sachie too, she lost it so quickly after the handshake :hug:

dusan993
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:16 PM
I lost my nerves again while I was watching her, but all payed off in the end :)

Slutiana
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:16 PM
Does winning a junior GS mean nothing to the girls? :unsure: It might as well have been a R1 win judging by Pliskova's reaction. Not even a smile :o What I usually like about watching the Slam finals is the reaction when winning :o

Anyway, from what I watched, this wasn't really great level tennis but I suppose the better player won in the end.
H8tor.

And anyway these Junior tournaments are just an afterthought for the Pliskovas. :shrug: This year they have entered into the qualie draw and and Karolina was a high alternate at the AO and RG, of course seniors is more important and they're full time professionals now.
Saw the final set after the awfulness of the womens' final, very entertaining. I love Kristyna's game, so effortlessly fluid, also liked that in the earlier rounds against Dean she was willing to let her opponent make the mistakes, but here constructed the points and went for her shots. Lot to like with Sachie too, she lost it so quickly after the handshake :hug:
Definitely. And she has improved on that so much. I saw her in a challenger livestream at the end of last year and she was going for the most ridiculous shots and trying to kill every single ball, but her shot selection seems so much better now and she has a decent slice as well. Her sister has a similarly effortless stroke production and probably an even better serve, but I think even though she has had to play second fiddle for their whole tennis careers, this new and improved Kristyna could really go on to have a slightly better career than her sister.

Anyway, I haven't seen it yet but hopefully i'll be able to catch a replay on BBCi sometime today. So happy that Kris won! :worship:

-sugi-
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:17 PM
Sachie :sobbing:

A real shame. 4-2 up in the final set and got completely tight with nerves, a problem she's had throughout the tournament. My heart broke when she was crying at the end.

Nevertheless, this week has been great for her. She's a real fighter and makes up for her height with a great fighting attitude. Let's hope she takes all the positives from this week and has a good few weeks at some ITF events she's entered in the upcoming weeks.

Nicolas
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:39 PM
Ishizu :hug:

Glad to see juniors playing junior slams despite having decent WTA rankings. Some should follow the trend (Diyas....)

Uranus
Jul 3rd, 2010, 04:11 PM
Too bad for Sachie. I hope both girls become good players.

Ferg
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:05 PM
Sachie looked delighted after getting the plate after the mens doubles, Pliskova is just lke 'Whatever:rolleyes:' :spit:

-sugi-
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:45 PM
Sachie looked delighted after getting the plate after the mens doubles, Pliskova is just lke 'Whatever:rolleyes:' :spit:

Awwww I didn't see that. :( :sad:

Glad to hear she didn't look too upset.

dusan993
Jul 3rd, 2010, 07:57 PM
2 pictures:

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Championships+Wimbledon+2010+Day+Twelve+vtVMe-LyXvkl.jpg

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Championships+Wimbledon+2010+Day+Twelve+N9LrajOSce 0l.jpg

hurricanejeanne
Jul 3rd, 2010, 08:04 PM
Too bad for Sachie. I hope both girls become good players.

Same here.
Congrats Kristyna!

bbjpa
Jul 3rd, 2010, 08:17 PM
her attitude after the match point :lol: , not even a fist, a smile, a sound :eek: and her sister sending textes on match point :haha:
she's surely a big shy girl :confused:

Slutiana
Jul 3rd, 2010, 08:30 PM
her attitude after the match point :lol: , not even a fist, a smile, a sound :eek: and her sister sending textes on match point :haha:
she's surely a big shy girl :confused:
She just seems very quiet and cool. Everyone was saying exactly the same about her sister at the Australian Open this year so I guess it runs in the family. :lol:

TeamUla
Jul 3rd, 2010, 08:39 PM
Kristyna after the match:
"It's my greatest life accomplishment, but I do not want to overestimate it. A lot of people here won the juniors and then nothing. I like grass. Being left handed helps me a lot. But I know that I have a lot of work - mainly on my movement. Wimbledon is my favourite tournament. It's better for me that I won here, not in Melbourne or Paris. Shame my sister wasn't in the final with me. People tell that I was not happy. But when I win the women here, I'll be very happy. I'm Not like that but... I would jump then with joy. In two or three years I want to be a Wimbledon women's champion.

Sexysova
Jul 3rd, 2010, 09:16 PM
nice interview, hope her dream comes true :D

Slutiana
Jul 3rd, 2010, 09:28 PM
Kristyna after the match:
"It's my greatest life accomplishment, but I do not want to overestimate it. A lot of people here won the juniors and then nothing. I like grass. Being left handed helps me a lot. But I know that I have a lot of work - mainly on my movement. Wimbledon is my favourite tournament. It's better for me that I won here, not in Melbourne or Paris. Shame my sister wasn't in the final with me. People tell that I was not happy. But when I win the women here, I'll be very happy. I'm Not like that but... I would jump then with joy. In two or three years I want to be a Wimbledon women's champion.
:bowdown: Can't argue with that.

dusan993
Jul 4th, 2010, 11:59 AM
So nice said. Hope we will see her with a women's trophy :)