PDA

View Full Version : now that serena has 4 wimbledon titles, is venus till the wimbledon queen?

siddharthrajpal
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:46 PM
serena's serving was better than any women in a tournament,serve broken just 3 times the entire tournament:worship:, did not lose a single set and has won 4 wimbledon titles in 9 years(venus has 2)and she has won the last two.
so in terms to the active players is serena the wimbledon queen or is venus ?

Akila
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:47 PM
5>4 last time I checked, so yes.

Imperfect Angel
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:48 PM
Queen of Wimbledon - Martina Navratilova :shrug:
In this generation, so far Venus but if Serena can still win one/two more, provided Venus won't win any in the future, then it's definitely Serena.:p

trufanjay
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:50 PM
If Serena wins one more then she will take that title away from Venus.

timafi
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:23 PM
the queen sorry to disappoint the thread starter will always be Navratilova:bowdown: but Serena is a year younger than Venus and if she stays healthy next year;I see her not only tying Venus but possibly winning her 6th Wimbledon in 2012:shrug:

MegaDethly
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:27 PM
If Serena wins one more then she will take that title away from Venus.

Says who...you? l.o.l

Last time I checked five and five were equal numbers. How can you jump and say that means Serena is better if she only ties Venus? Not to mention Venus has been in the final a few more times.

homogenius
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:51 PM
Navratilova is the Queen of Wimbledon and probably no one wil approach her success here.
But Serena is not that far of Venus for the title of best grass player of her generation after her win today (at least in terms of achievements).

Temperenka
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:52 PM
Not yet... but she will be.

At least of this generation.

AdeyC
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:06 PM
Martina is the Wimbledon Queen

dsanders06
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:34 PM
Venus is still miles ahead... I think she's been in the final 3 more times.