PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone just see BJK and Nav in the stands after Serena won?

hdfb
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:28 PM
BJK was happy as doing a little dance. Martina. Damn. She could not crack a smile if you forced her to! :rolls: She looked stone cold.

Vodkapova
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:29 PM
BJK was mocking Serena I think. :lol:

Sally Struthers
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:30 PM
In Martina's defense, the botox makes it difficult to show emotions :haha:

Uranium
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:32 PM
Where's Slutiana with the 2007 Wimbledon picture of Martina, oh that face:hearts:

vixter
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:32 PM
:lol:

hectopascal
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:33 PM
Serena just ignored Navratilova and Lakeisha in her victory speech :spit:

Cilla
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:34 PM
Nav always looks pissed when Serena wins :lol:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:35 PM
bjk was mimicking sarin :lol:

young_gunner913
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:37 PM
:spit: Martina's face. :rolls: She was bitter as fuck.

Polikarpov
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:38 PM
She smiled! :spit:

doni1212
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:39 PM
M.N. is such a bitter bitch. But who cares? This is Serena's moment once again!

kiwifan
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:42 PM
the smile and the frown...

...I love that Serena didn't mention Nav in the interview. :haha:

Venus and Serena are getting really good at that. :cool:

irma
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:43 PM
I would not be surprised if Nav has dreams about being young again and kicking Serena's ass on court! I just think she is the ultimate competitor!

tievae
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:44 PM
In Martina's defense, the botox makes it difficult to show emotions :haha:
OMG :haha: :worship:

:happy:

Serena y Monica
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:44 PM
Nav always looks pissed when Serena wins :lol:

Well nothings changed. Does anyone know what happened. Martina was one of the vocal supporters at the beginning. I know that Fed Cup was where they established their bond with Billy but I still don't know y they give her the cut direct at every opportunity.

tennnisfannn
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:47 PM
MN should have been doing cartwheels, she did not get an all williams final, there is no pleasing some women.

viele
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:47 PM
Martina is such a bitter old cow. She had her glory days. Why can't she be happy that someone else can be as successful. She and Pam Shriver always say the PC things when on camera but behind closed doors you know they can't stand Serena and are seething right now. Well suck it, you old hags!

gmokb
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:48 PM
I was looking at the box and laughing at Martina's face.:lol: She was pissed while Billie was happy for Serena:lol:

gmokb
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:50 PM
Martina is such a bitter old cow. She had her glory days. Why can't she be happy that someone else can be as successful. She and Pam Shriver always say the PC things when on camera but behind closed doors you know they can't stand Serena and are seething right now. Well suck it, you old hags!

Her problem is who is being successful, the Williams sisters, especially Serena:lol:

viele
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:30 PM
Her problem is who is being successful, the Williams sisters, especially Serena:lol:

Exactly! Hater :lol:

Max565
Jul 3rd, 2010, 04:00 PM
wtf... y'all are paranoid. Just coz she didn't smile once doesn't mean Nav absolutely hates Serena.

Martina did a studio interview with Sue Barker on the BBC afterwards and was extremely complimentary towards Serena, saying how there are no serious challengers, how 'unbeatable' she is and how she could even surpass her own GS title count of 18....

darrinbaker00
Jul 3rd, 2010, 04:02 PM
First of all, Billie Jean King has a personal relationship with Serena, and Martina doesn't. Second of all, I seriously doubt Martina would have ever played doubles with someone she "hated," like she did with Serena in 2003. People make too much out of the smallest things.

calou
Jul 3rd, 2010, 04:07 PM
wtf... y'all are paranoid. Just coz she didn't smile once doesn't mean Nav absolutely hates Serena.

Martina did a studio interview with Sue Barker on the BBC afterwards and was extremely complimentary towards Serena, saying how there are no serious challengers, how 'unbeatable' she is and how she could even surpass her own GS title count of 18....
:yeah:
She applauded and just because she didn't smile all day long you think she hates Serena.Did you see the pics of 2 last year when they played an exhibition ?They seemed at ease together .Martina's haters please grow up:devil:

mykarma
Jul 3rd, 2010, 04:37 PM

She was only stating the obvious.

Amalgamate
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:01 PM
Serena: "Hey Billy, I got you :nerner:"

:spit:

Coke Zero
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:07 PM
M.N. is such a bitter bitch. But who cares? This is Serena's moment once again!

Yes, once again! Meanwhile Navratilova's moments are long gone.

All 59 of them. :kiss:

timafi
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:10 PM
it doesn't really matter because Navratilova is still queen at Wimbledon with her 9 titles so she doesn't have to smile if she doesn't want to:shrug:

Amalgamate
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:10 PM
:spit: The conversation with Mary and Serena after the match :haha:

Serena: :rolleyes: Come on Mary...

Volcana
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:23 PM
Serena: "Hey Billy, I got you :nerner:"BJK has been riding Serena about getting that 13th slam singles title since 2005. Serena mentioned it post-match. "She's always saying you BETTER pass me. You BETTER pass me." BJK wants that next American player in the absolute, high-end pantheon of the game, something BJK herself was never able to achieve.

BJK is a class act. Always has been. She was my first favorite female player. (Ashe will always be my #1 tennis player, but BJK is a close #2.)

Serendy Willick
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:28 PM
No matter how high Serena gets, IMO she will always be looking up at BJK. Everybody on the tour should be cutting a piece of the their winners checks to this woman. It is because of BJK that the women are where they are today.

mykarma
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:38 PM
:spit: The conversation with Mary and Serena after the match :haha:

Serena: :rolleyes: Come on Mary...
I missed the post interview darn air condition man kept talking to me. :fiery:

Bezz
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:41 PM
I would not be surprised if Nav has dreams about being young again and kicking Serena's ass on court! I just think she is the ultimate competitor!

I agree, i get the feeling she would love to take both of them on if she was 30 years younger!

Vlover
Jul 3rd, 2010, 06:00 PM
BJK has been riding Serena about getting that 13th slam singles title since 2005. Serena mentioned it post-match. "She's always saying you BETTER pass me. You BETTER pass me." BJK wants that next American player in the absolute, high-end pantheon of the game, something BJK herself was never able to achieve.

BJK is a class act. Always has been. She was my first favorite female player. (Ashe will always be my #1 tennis player, but BJK is a close #2.)
Serena mentioned as much in her post match interview with Carillo. You can now understand why the Sisters have the uttermost respect and admiration for her and always acknowledge her after their wins. I never saw BJK play but I do appreciate all she did to raise the visibility of women's tennis and the encouragement of the players even when everyone else is telling them they are shit. She does deserve her name on the USO stadium.:worship:

Amalgamate
Jul 3rd, 2010, 06:00 PM
BJK has been riding Serena about getting that 13th slam singles title since 2005. Serena mentioned it post-match. "She's always saying you BETTER pass me. You BETTER pass me." BJK wants that next American player in the absolute, high-end pantheon of the game, something BJK herself was never able to achieve.

I'm aware of all of this. I just thought Serena's comment was cute.

The Witch-king
Jul 3rd, 2010, 06:02 PM
I agree, i get the feeling she would love to take both of them on if she was 30 years younger!

I get the feeling she would like to take them both on at the same time ;)

toxina90
Jul 3rd, 2010, 06:13 PM

First of all, Billie Jean King has a personal relationship with Serena, and Martina doesn't. Second of all, I seriously doubt Martina would have ever played doubles with someone she "hated," like she did with Serena in 2003. People make too much out of the smallest things.

:yeah:
She applauded and just because she didn't smile all day long you think she hates Serena.Did you see the pics of 2 last year when they played an exhibition ?They seemed at ease together .Martina's haters please grow up:devil:

it doesn't really matter because Navratilova is still queen at Wimbledon with her 9 titles so she doesn't have to smile if she doesn't want to:shrug:

Exactly. Such paranoia and exaggeration here. Perhaps Martina was rooting for the underdog, isn't that allowed? :o :rolleyes:

Vlover
Jul 3rd, 2010, 06:40 PM
Exactly. Such paranoia and exaggeration here. Perhaps Martina was rooting for the underdog, isn't that allowed? :o :rolleyes:
There is no paranoia as there is no doubt that she roots against the Sisters at all times and that is ok. The Sisters correctly ignore her when they win and acknowledge BJK who supports them so no problem!:shrug:

twight6
Jul 3rd, 2010, 06:44 PM
I used to think the people claiming Navratilova hated the sisters were kind of over the top... But after seeing Martina in the stands today :help: She looked so... annoyed! :spit:

Matt01
Jul 3rd, 2010, 07:08 PM
I used to think the people claiming Navratilova hated the sisters were kind of over the top... But after seeing Martina in the stands today :help: She looked so... annoyed! :spit:

Maybe she didn't like that one-sided, low-quality final :shrug:

thrust
Jul 3rd, 2010, 07:19 PM

Even in victory, some Williams fans need something to be bitter about. PATHETIC!!

Pureracket
Jul 3rd, 2010, 08:09 PM
Even in victory, some Williams fans need something to be bitter about. PATHETIC!!Even in admiring victory from afar, the haters throw stones. Typical.

dreamgoddess099
Jul 3rd, 2010, 08:10 PM
No matter how high Serena gets, IMO she will always be looking up at BJK. Everybody on the tour should be cutting a piece of the their winners checks to this woman. It is because of BJK that the women are where they are today.

That's part of the reason why the sisters have so much love and respect for her. That and the fact that she has never sold them out on tv or in the press.

I get the feeling she would like to take them both on at the same time ;)

Bad lesbian joke. But I do think she's a bit jealous of Serena's shoulders and biceps.

LightWarrior
Jul 3rd, 2010, 08:14 PM
Could they substitute Evert and Graf for Nav and BJK for a change ?

bandabou
Jul 3rd, 2010, 08:36 PM
:lol: Nah, it's good man. You can't be close with everybody. No problemo.

LightWarrior
Jul 3rd, 2010, 09:05 PM
I don't hate Martina but I think she has some sort of serious tennis alzheimer issues. I was watching some clips of the invitational doubles' match the other day, she was playing with Novotna and she acted as pumped up as if it was the singles' final. She's living in the past and today she had that it-should-be-me-on-the-court-winning look that made me a bit uncomfortable.

friendsita
Jul 3rd, 2010, 09:23 PM

yeah i felt bad for Lakeisha :rolleyes: she was the most excited of Serena's box

serenus_2k8
Jul 3rd, 2010, 09:27 PM
Martinas face was the icing on the cake - and it was delicious if I may say so.

Martina has always hated the WS way of winning ie. setting their own rules. I hope she enjoyed the match, I know I did :haha: ;)

mykarma
Jul 3rd, 2010, 09:32 PM
Could they substitute Evert and Graf for Nav and BJK for a change ?
why should they

yeah i felt bad for Lakeisha :rolleyes: she was the most excited of Serena's box
I think Serena was thanking the people that have helped her in her career. If it hadn't been for Oracene she would have not mentioned Jill.

KournikovaFan91
Jul 3rd, 2010, 09:34 PM
I hate the way Graf has almost been erased from history books by the BBC, she never gets a mention when they discuss greatest of all time and in my opinion she is
That wasn't quite relavent to this thread but whatever. :lol:

friendsita
Jul 3rd, 2010, 11:22 PM
I think Serena was thanking the people that have helped her in her career. If it hadn't been for Oracene she would have not mentioned Jill.

I know... still i feel bad for her :rolleyes:

DOUBLEFIST
Jul 3rd, 2010, 11:29 PM
Even in victory, some Williams fans need something to be bitter about. PATHETIC!!
Even in bitterness, some Williams haters need something to be victorious about.

DOUBLEFIST
Jul 3rd, 2010, 11:31 PM

I think no one is more aware of this than Serena Williams.

Slutiana
Jul 3rd, 2010, 11:35 PM
Where's Slutiana with the 2007 Wimbledon picture of Martina, oh that face:hearts:
Right here! :wavey:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/tennisfan1981/PICT0007.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/tennisfan1981/PICT0006.jpg

:happy:

$uricate
Jul 3rd, 2010, 11:35 PM
You can take the girl out the Eastern Bloc but you cant take the Eastern Bloc out of the girl :shrug:

KournikovaFan91
Jul 3rd, 2010, 11:37 PM
She probably just feels Serena isn't commited enough to the WTA Tour on a weekly basis. :shrug:

DOUBLEFIST
Jul 3rd, 2010, 11:50 PM
:lol:

My first instinct when the camera cut to Nav' was to think damn she is just HATIN'!! :lol:

But then I thought about it and remembered Nav' is just a ol' sour puss in general. Her general demeanor is simply NOT pleasant. She always looks like she's a little pissed or irritated about something.

Now, that's not to give her a pass and say she WASN'T hating. It's just to say, ... :shrug: hard to tell with her, because she looks like she's hating ALL the time.

VenusSerenaBlvd.
Jul 3rd, 2010, 11:51 PM
Martina wishes she had a serve like Serena! Best serve ever!!

Wimbledon9
Jul 4th, 2010, 12:40 AM
Chris Evert and Steffi Graf do not bother to show up while Martina still plays in the legends. Do you think it is so respectful to say to Billy Jean King I got you? Maybe Martina was annoyed about that, some people cannot laugh at command she said very respectful things about Serena but I personally am not thrilled about Serena. You Only see big serves and other ball bashing there are a lot more strokes in the instruction books that you can use.

duhcity
Jul 4th, 2010, 01:10 AM
I'm rewatching it now and she smiled....a little bit

OMG LOL. They got to the part where Serena said I never serve this well...pan to Martina nodding. LOL.

Chris Evert and Steffi Graf do not bother to show up while Martina still plays in the legends. Do you think it is so respectful to say to Billy Jean King I got you? Maybe Martina was annoyed about that, some people cannot laugh at command she said very respectful things about Serena but I personally am not thrilled about Serena. You Only see big serves and other ball bashing there are a lot more strokes in the instruction books that you can use.

Um, BJK and Serena are very close. Not as much as Venus and Billie, but still damn close. That was clearly a conversation they've had before

And I'm not a Serena fan, but if you want to complain about variety on the women's tour, Serena is not the #1 culprit.

And really, why change when it has won you 13 slams

Whitehead's Boy
Jul 4th, 2010, 01:27 AM
It seems to me what bothers some people is that Navratilova doesn't worship the Williams sisters so, in their head, she must be a "haterz".

Navratilova is just being Navratilova when it concerns the sisters, but people notice it because every little detail concerning the Williams sisters get blown out of proportion. There is no love between them but she probably doesn't "hate" them. Obviously, there are things that bother her concerning them, but a lot of things bother her in general.

Take 30 random people you know. In all likeliness, you wouldn't smile or dance if some of them would win Wimbledon. It doesn't mean you hate them, it's normal we don't "love" some people and there doesn't have to be deep reasons, it's just the way it is.

ZODIAC
Jul 4th, 2010, 02:11 AM
It seems to me what bothers some people is that Navratilova doesn't worship the Williams sisters so, in their head, she must be a "haterz".

Navratilova is just being Navratilova when it concerns the sisters, but people notice it because every little detail concerning the Williams sisters get blown out of proportion. There is no love between them but she probably doesn't "hate" them. Obviously, there are things that bother her concerning them, but a lot of things bother her in general.

Take 30 random people you know. In all likeliness, you wouldn't smile or dance if some of them would win Wimbledon. It doesn't mean you hate them, it's normal we don't "love" some people and there doesn't have to be deep reasons, it's just the way it is.
I have never heard her saying she is not happy about Roger vs Nadal finals,she is a hater and the sisters know it they never acknowledge her at Wimbledon they only laud BJK.
dURING the event she was busy passing around notes on how to beat the sisters.:fiery:

Pat Bateman
Jul 5th, 2010, 02:11 AM
Storm in teacup. Martina just paid out $3 million to one of her hoes,I mean ex-partners, so I'm not surprised she looks a little peeved.:rain:

I'm sure MN enjoys being The Queen of Wimbledon but I'm not sure she enjoys having her every facial expression and public utterance obsessed over.