PDA

View Full Version : So They Did Not Want To See an All Williams Final!!

victory1
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:21 PM
I hope they enjoyed that drama filled match!:lol::tape:

brickhousesupporter
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:24 PM
I was just about to post something similar. Be careful what wha you wish for. You may just get your wish and it may not be what you expected.

Bijoux0021
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:25 PM
I hope they enjoyed that drama filled match!:lol::tape:
Navratilova and the other haters must have loved this drama filled match. :rolleyes:

rockstar
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:27 PM
past few all williams finals have been a snoozefest too, so stop trying to troll around :rolleyes:

Serena y Monica
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:32 PM
Well there was some drama...The tension came in the last few cames...could Vera hold back the tears or not...She won the battle...at least while on the court. YEAH!

Serena y Monica
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:34 PM
Ooops...spoke too soon.

Caralenko
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:35 PM
Atleast there were some rallies. Something Serena nor Venus seem to be able to keep up in finals.

Polikarpov
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:37 PM
Yep, there were some great rallies. Plus, Serena could celebrate her victory more freely.

tennisbum79
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:40 PM
Atleast there were some rallies. Something Serena nor Venus seem to be able to keep up in finals.
What rallies?

You mean practice session for Serena.

Serena usually sweats a lot.
Did you see a drop of sweat on her face?

I have lot of admiration for Vera and she fought bravely, but this was not excitement match by all measure.
Maria-Serena match was way better.

Serendy Willick
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:41 PM
I dont care SERENA WON!!!!!

viele
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:43 PM
I love how haters are trying to take the joy away from this win. Got news for ya, it ain't happenin'. Bitch and complain all you want but Rena and her fans are celebrating!!!!!!!!

SVK
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:44 PM
For me was enough already one Williams in final, not two

J.Bravo
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:45 PM
Serena still won, Serena still won!
Suck it up!
:lol:

StephenUK
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:46 PM
Thank heavens for Pironkova for saving us from that hell. Serena and Venus have failed to produce a decent final at Wimbledon, the best finals of the last few years were Henin v Mauresmo and Davenport v Venus.

At least Vera offered something different, even if ultimately it was crap. Venus v Serena is worse because not only is it crap, you've seen it so many times, it doesn't even offer novelty value.

Thkmra
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:55 PM
More like the haters didn't want another final!!:rolleyes:

Believe me though it was arugued that an all Williams final is usually less drama-filled, where both players are anxiety-laden,and tense, and that coupled with the bond that they have for eachother, making the entire match a nervous reck, which translates not only on-court but off making for a rather painful, and awkward viewing experience......BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!

Though this all true to a degree, to a relatively small one. Moreover, it was just used as a smoke screen to hate thinly veiled hate, and contempt toward the WS for their continued dominance, and excellence at this tournament!! It really was just too much of a blow, and really too much to see YET AGAIN Venus, and Serena in the final...Nothing More, Nothing Less!!

gmokb
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:02 PM
Its not an all Williams finals that`s giving them problem. It`s the fact that a WILLIAMS is in the finals.:lol:

There is aother thread claiming it to be the worst Wimby slam:lol:

They just need to come to terms with the fact that the sisters are here to stay and that Wimby is their home:cool:

trufanjay
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:07 PM
Venus and Serena have had some incredible rallies while playing each other in finals. I'll be honest and say that those rallies aren't as consistent as they should be but I believe that an all-Williams final would have been a bit more entertaining than this.

I think some people just don't want to see a final where there is a 100% chance that a Williams will win.

This is WIMBLEDON and the only player who can make a final against a Williams sister look interesting is Lindsay Davenport and maybe Mauresmo at her very best. At this point I don't think Sharapova can bother either sister on grass anymore, and the Belgians aren't grasscourt masters by far. This should have been expected.

If "non-biased" tennis fans truly want an "entertaining" match then an all-Williams final would be the best choice when the other top players aren't doing so well.

Caralenko
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:10 PM
What rallies?

I have lot of admiration for Vera and she fought bravely, but this was not excitement match by all measure.

My point was, more rallies than service winner after service winner after ace that we got last year :weirdo:

jefrilibra
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:13 PM
Its not an all Williams finals that`s giving them problem. It`s the fact that a WILLIAMS is in the finals.:lol:

They just need to come to terms with the fact that the sisters are here to stay and that Wimby is their home:cool:

You said it right there!!!!!

Haters stay PRESSED! :rolls:

Bijoux0021
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:20 PM

True. The bottom line is, they don't want a Williams in the finals at all, let alone two. :devil:

viele
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:21 PM
My point was, more rallies than service winner after service winner after ace that we got last year :weirdo:

You keep making this same point here and in other threads. Do you really expect that a player with a big serve is gonna NOT hit their big serve just to get into a rally and make the match more entertaining for you? :confused: If a player has a big serve and can win points without rallying they're gonna do it. They're not thinking "Oh this match might not be very entertaining so I better get into a rally." Serving is part of tennis and if a player or even 2 players against each other can do it well, then oh well. If you wanna see tennis without big serves then go watch the tennis played on your local court. But the pros are gonna win anyway they can and if that means one and done points, then you gotta live with it.

DevilishAttitude
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:23 PM
This was still better than a Williams sister final. There finals are serve-dominated, both players consisently looking intimidated by the occasion, particularly Venus, and there is about as much atmosphere in them has there would be in a morgue. The only people who enjoy Williams finals are Williams fans. Everybody else finds them dreadful and boring generally.

rockstar
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:24 PM
This was still better than a Williams sister final. There finals are serve-dominated, both players consisently looking intimidated by the occasion, particularly Venus, and there is about as much atmosphere in them has there would be in a morgue. The only people who enjoy Williams finals are Williams fans. Everybody else finds them dreadful and boring generally.

quoted for truth.

The Witch-king
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:46 PM
This was the first time I have not been REMOTELY nervous during a Serena final. That's how predicable this shit was.

gmokb
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:50 PM
This was the first time I have not been REMOTELY nervous during a Serena final. That's how predicable this shit was.

I hope you can say the same tomorrow:lol:

LightWarrior
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:57 PM
Well Serena played better than last year for all I know. This was a very high quality performance from Serena - both technically and tactically. Don't care if it wasn't a tight match. I was getting sick of WS error strewn Wimbledon finals. Totally enjoyed this one.

mykarma
Jul 3rd, 2010, 04:01 PM
What rallies?

:tape:

mykarma
Jul 3rd, 2010, 04:08 PM
this. Generally my aunt and I call each other on the phone during the match. Neither of us even bothered during or after the match. This shit was pitiful and Serena put a ass whooping on Vera. The only disappointment is that she wasn't playing Justine or JJ.

mykarma
Jul 3rd, 2010, 04:09 PM
Well Serena played better than last year for all I know. This was a very high quality performance from Serena - both technically and tactically. Don't care if it wasn't a tight match. I was getting sick of WS error strewn Wimbledon finals. Totally enjoyed this one.
me too.

Marty-Dom
Jul 3rd, 2010, 04:10 PM
There were maybe 4-5 exciting rallies today the whole match.
Last two finals there were many more in each. Go to youtube and look at highlights. There was more risk taking and the average ball speed during rallies was 5-10 mph higher than today. I thought that the 2008 final was best of the last three.

Slutiana
Jul 3rd, 2010, 04:10 PM

VX3o8liyN0M

You're going to have to try better than that. Their 08 final was one of the best exhibitions of modern grasscourt tennis ever, and their 09 match was indeed more serve-dominated. But nothing more than a standard ATP match.

If you want 97 stroke rallies then go and watch Wozniacki vs AMG or something.

The Witch-king
Jul 3rd, 2010, 04:37 PM
this. Generally my aunt and I call each other on the phone during the match. Neither of us even bothered during or after the match. This shit was pitiful and Serena put a ass whooping on Vera. The only disappointment is that she wasn't playing Justine or JJ.

omg yes :sobbing:
I should have pretended Bepa was either of them.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 3rd, 2010, 04:42 PM
:lol: up until about 3-all there were a few good rallies...but serena obviously came with a game plan to use angles and move bepa instead of bashing her off the court

sammy01
Jul 3rd, 2010, 04:46 PM
i wanted a serena vs kim final. both an all WS final or serena vs vera offered little to me in competitiveness or excitement.

Caralenko
Jul 3rd, 2010, 04:53 PM
You keep making this same point here and in other threads. Do you really expect that a player with a big serve is gonna NOT hit their big serve just to get into a rally and make the match more entertaining for you? :confused: If a player has a big serve and can win points without rallying they're gonna do it. They're not thinking "Oh this match might not be very entertaining so I better get into a rally." Serving is part of tennis and if a player or even 2 players against each other can do it well, then oh well. If you wanna see tennis without big serves then go watch the tennis played on your local court. But the pros are gonna win anyway they can and if that means one and done points, then you gotta live with it.

Whut?

I can't change what they do, but I can complain about it if I want to :weirdo: That's why clay is my favourite part of the year. More rallies, more physical.

Caralenko
Jul 3rd, 2010, 04:58 PM
VX3o8liyN0M

You're going to have to try better than that. Their 08 final was one of the best exhibitions of modern grasscourt tennis ever, and their 09 match was indeed more serve-dominated. But nothing more than a standard ATP match.

Yes, I agree. 2008 was a stunning final and the best of that year. 2009? Error strewn serve fest. I don't watch the ATP because of this game style. I much prefer dramatic mentally weak whiners that can't keep a forehand in.

Hence why I don't like all Williams finals, nor grass court tennis in general :lol:

Vikapower
Jul 3rd, 2010, 04:59 PM
past few all williams finals have been a snoozefest too, so stop trying to troll around :rolleyes:
If Venus had never made past to the final and seeing how she lost to Pironkova, Venus would have lost something like 6-1 6-0. At least Vera brought a different look even if she didn't play her best quite understandable whith the context.

The Witch-king
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:00 PM
VX3o8liyN0M

damn I had forgotten how enjoyable that match was:hearts::hearts: Both sisters bringing their grand slam final tennis at the same time. And I was sad it ended just because I wanted to see more.

Calypso
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:03 PM
Go Serena!

Vikapower
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:06 PM
From my point of view I just don't like players who only have a big serve and has 0 or mediocre weapons behind their serve and that's why I've never ever appreciated Roddick or a guy like Gonzales. One is only a big serve and the other just a forehand otherwise it's a desert.

It seems to be Serena's case. Off the ground she's not technically sound, often off balanced, little footwork etc... but she somewhat finds a way with the will that she has to get the ball in. Thank God her serve is a good weapon so that she doesn't have to play much rallies from the back otherwise I doubt she would have even make it past the first week with theses obvious weaknesses

Donny
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:08 PM
i wanted a serena vs kim final. both an all WS final or serena vs vera offered little to me in competitiveness or excitement.

She Kim could get brutalized like she was against Petrova in the AO?

Lulu.
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:10 PM
From my point of view I just don't like players who only have a big serve and has 0 or mediocre weapons behind their serve and that's why I've never ever appreciated Roddick or a guy like Gonzales. One is only a big serve and the other just a forehand otherwise it's a desert.

It seems to be Serena's case. Off the ground she's not technically sound, often off balanced, little footwork etc... but she somewhat finds a way with the will that she has to get the ball in. Thank God her serve is a good weapon so that she doesn't have to play much rallies from the back otherwise I doubt she would have even make it past the first week with her weak backcourt game.

You DO NOT win 13 slams with just a serve alone, please get over your bitterness. :lol:

narutos
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:16 PM

No just to see Serena get brutalized like she was against Sharapova in 2004.:rolleyes:

Bijoux0021
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:17 PM

It seems to be Serena's case. Off the ground she's not technically sound, often off balanced, little footwork etc... but she somewhat finds a way with the will that she has to get the ball in. Thank God her serve is a good weapon so that she doesn't have to play much rallies from the back otherwise I doubt she would have even make it past the first week with theses obvious weaknesses
Why don't you STHU? You wish one of your favs could serve like this. Hypocrite. :help:

And as Miss V.K. stated, you do not win 13 Grand Slams with a serve alone. You know this. What is your real problem? :devil:

sammy01
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:17 PM

or she could beat serena like she did at the us open. as i said earlier in the week, you want 2 top players in the final, but not both WS or both belgians.

HippityHop
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:20 PM
VX3o8liyN0M

Anybody who watched that match and says that the sisters don't play exciting tennis against each other or that they don't have rallies is a liar and the truth ain't in 'em.

HippityHop
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:26 PM
True. The bottom line is, they don't want a Williams in the finals at all, let alone two. :devil:

And let's not forget the trolls who try to convince themselves and others that Wimby is not one of the great tennis events in the world if not the greatest. And we know that they only reason that they try to make that point (even though it only makes them look like fools) is because of the Williams dominance at Wimbledon.

I guarantee you that if the Bonderenkas were this dominant the same people would be singing the praises of Wimbledon to the high heavens.

starin
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:35 PM
it's not the quality of the match it's the fact that a WS is assured a win. At least with only one WS haters can still hope that a WS won't win a slam.

Vlover
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:42 PM
That is exactly their problem. An all Williams final is too much of a guarantee to handle but having one keeps their slim hopes alive.:lol:

Anyway this was no different from when Venus played Bartoli in '07. If the other so called "great" players don't want to make the finals even when Venus played like shit and give them the golden opportunity what else do you want? For those who are belly aching and can't handle the Williams Tennis Association, go watch your old tapes of Graf 60;60 beatdowns and leave the PRESENT game to us.:cheer2::cheer: I'm having a blast not only from the tennis but also the reactions of those who can't do anything to stop it.:lol:

Venus please get your shit together ASAP so we can have some decent tennis for the rest of the season.:tape:

LightWarrior
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:51 PM
Anybody who watched that match and says that the sisters don't play exciting tennis against each other or that they don't have rallies is a liar and the truth ain't in 'em.

Relax those are just highlights. Even the worst match ever could have an exciting 2-minute highlights. :lol:

Vikapower
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:53 PM
Why don't you STHU? You wish one of your favs could serve like this. Hypocrite. :help: And as Miss V.K. stated, you do not win 13 Grand Slams with a serve alone. You know this. What is your real problem? :devil:
Listen someone has already thrown that argument to me and my answer was no because I don't want my faves to only rely on serve and see their backcourt tennis deteriorate. I want 50-60% in each department. :p

HippityHop
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:53 PM
Relax those are just highlights. Even the worst match ever could have an exciting 2-minute highlights. :lol:

I said who watched the match, not the highlights. And my point still stands.

DemWilliamsGulls
Jul 3rd, 2010, 06:19 PM
I dont care SERENA WON!!!!!

OK?! :worship:lol

le bon vivant
Jul 3rd, 2010, 07:02 PM
vikapower is obviously a troll
ignore him and he'll go away :lol:

Matt01
Jul 3rd, 2010, 07:15 PM
I guarantee you that if the Bonderenkas were this dominant the same people would be singing the praises of Wimbledon to the high heavens.

Worst crap I've read here in a while :help:

tennisbum79
Jul 3rd, 2010, 07:45 PM
Have posted your congratulations to Serena?

You know, it is good form and good sport to do so, even if you intend to resume your usual tone of posting in a Serena thread

Matt01
Jul 3rd, 2010, 07:50 PM
Have posted your congratulations to Serena?

You know, it is good form and good sport to do so, even if you intend to resume your usual tone of posting in a Serena thread

I already posted my congrats to Serena in the other thread before you posted this post :angel:

Now it would be nice if the Serena fans could tone down their paranoia.

mykarma
Jul 3rd, 2010, 07:52 PM
Listen someone has already thrown that argument to me and my answer was no because I don't want my faves to only rely on serve and see their backcourt tennis deteriorate. I want 50-60% in each department. :p
So obviously you have no favs.

tennisbum79
Jul 3rd, 2010, 07:55 PM
I already posted my congrats to Serena in the other thread before you posted this post :angel:.

Good, that's all I wanted to know.
Now it would be nice if the Serena fans could tone down their paranoia.
Paranoia?

Is this the new talking point?

Have we moved from delusional?

Pureracket
Jul 3rd, 2010, 08:05 PM
So obviously you have no favs.
;););):):):lol:

tennislover
Jul 3rd, 2010, 08:15 PM
At this point, an all-williams final would have been much much better.....

:sobbing:

HippityHop
Jul 3rd, 2010, 08:19 PM

You know it's true. And you also know why.

That's why you couldn't resist a response.

StephenUK
Jul 3rd, 2010, 11:48 PM
The 08 final was a joke. The only final in women's tennis history when the women's final was just a hors d'oeuvre for the main course...the girls singles featuring Laura Robson that garnered 1 million more viewers here in the UK. A pathetic illustration of how uninterested 99% of the public are in Williams finals.

Pureracket
Jul 3rd, 2010, 11:51 PM
The 08 final was a joke. The only final in women's tennis history when the women's final was just a hors d'oeuvre for the main course...the girls singles featuring Laura Robson that garnered 1 million more viewers here in the UK. A pathetic illustration of how uninterested 99% of the public are in Williams finals.It's like your bitterness is coming in through the computer monitor. I'm wondering if you would spend as much time on this board celebrating your fav's win(though, I doubt if you have one) as you would trying to piss on Serena's. Serena won Wimbledon. Damn, get over it!

StephenUK
Jul 4th, 2010, 12:07 AM
It's like your bitterness is coming in through the computer monitor. I'm wondering if you would spend as much time on this board celebrating your fav's win(though, I doubt if you have one) as you would trying to piss on Serena's. Serena won Wimbledon. Damn, get over it!

You're the one with roughly ten times the posts that I do so I think you are the one who needs to get a life, not me!

DefyingGravity
Jul 4th, 2010, 12:25 AM
That 2008 Williams final at Wimbledon was right up there with Henin-Mauresmo and Davenport-Venus. That was some really good tennis.

Why wouldn't you want that potential to be the centerpiece of your women's draw?

Pureracket
Jul 4th, 2010, 02:13 AM
You're the one with roughly ten times the posts that I do so I think you are the one who needs to get a life, not me!Oddly, my posts are in "support" of a player. Yours, on the other hand, are mainly about a player you don't like. Get some love in your life, boo.

RenaSlam.
Jul 4th, 2010, 02:49 AM
Matt01 is in denial. Beyond denial.

Matt01
Jul 4th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Matt01 is in denial. Beyond denial.

Why that? :confused:

Olórin
Jul 4th, 2010, 04:16 PM
The 08 final was a joke. The only final in women's tennis history when the women's final was just a hors d'oeuvre for the main course...the girls singles featuring Laura Robson that garnered 1 million more viewers here in the UK. A pathetic illustration of how uninterested 99% of the public are in Williams finals.

You're a joke. The girls final garnered more viewers because it's the closest our now embarrassing tennis nation will ever get to having a Brit in a Wimbledon Final. Laura Robson was hyped up massively by the press and is a household name, of course she get's high viewing figures!

The All-Williams Finals have garnered millions of viewers each year here in the UK and sizeable audience share without fail. When else does women's tennis have that kind of exposure.

bandabou
Jul 4th, 2010, 05:17 PM
:lol: And where's Laura Robson now? Only highlight she made was when they talked about her puppy-fat. Sooo..

hotandspicey
Jul 4th, 2010, 06:56 PM

Stfu. You are looking stupid...and get your :tape: out of your :tape: This is our time.:woohoo:
Nothing you and the other Lucifers can do, to pollute our celebration.:bounce: