PDA

View Full Version : Video: Dokic def Schett 1-6 6-2 6-4 Hopman Cup 2000 (link added)

Jankarenka
Jul 2nd, 2010, 01:51 PM
Highlights video that I made. Jelena is such a fighter and was absolutely dominant in the match. I love the cat fight Barbara had with Leanne White near the end of the match.

Thoughts? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8j0pBbBDpI

Vamos Feńa
Jul 2nd, 2010, 02:11 PM
Apparently no thoughts since you didn't post link or somethin...

ps. Jelena WAS a fighter, no longer IS.

Jankarenka
Jul 2nd, 2010, 02:18 PM
:lol: that was dumb of me.

LudwigDvorak
Jul 2nd, 2010, 02:20 PM
Just embed.

G8j0pBbBDpI

LudwigDvorak
Jul 2nd, 2010, 02:33 PM
I liked Schett's game better than Jelena's and I seem to remember her being slightly more aggressive than this reel makes her out to be. So slow. :tape:

Dokic just isn't that mobile anymore. She can't make that BHDTL way off the court or be in position when moving as well anymore.

Rising Sun
Jul 2nd, 2010, 02:36 PM
I think this was in 2000. :confused:

Leanne & Babsi :hearts:

BTW, is this the match when organisers played the wrong Austrian anthem and Babsi got offended? :o

Mastodon
Jul 2nd, 2010, 02:39 PM
This was the 2000 Hopman cup.

@danieln1
Jul 2nd, 2010, 03:02 PM
Those were the days...

Amazing match thanks

Asif_Nawaz
Jul 2nd, 2010, 03:06 PM
Babsi :hearts:

Jankarenka
Jul 2nd, 2010, 03:08 PM
Those were the days...

Amazing match thanks

Your welcome :)

I wish tennis was like this again, so stylish !

So Disrespectful
Jul 2nd, 2010, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the upload. Jelena's defense was impressive in parts and I also noticed that her forehand looks different these days on certain balls.

I liked Schett's game better than Jelena's and I seem to remember her being slightly more aggressive than this reel makes her out to be. So slow. :tape:

Dokic just isn't that mobile anymore. She can't make that BHDTL way off the court or be in position when moving as well anymore.

Well she hasn't come close to being in optimal shape since 2003. Even at AO 2009 she could have been fitter still.

Xian
Jul 2nd, 2010, 03:24 PM
Babsi should come back :hearts::p

Just Do It
Jul 2nd, 2010, 06:23 PM
Jelena was 16 back then. Can you find a 16 yo play like that these days ?
No.

faboozadoo15
Jul 2nd, 2010, 06:30 PM
:hearts: Those winners. Such gutsy play!

Today we have Wozniacki as our young talent. :sad:

The Dawntreader
Jul 2nd, 2010, 06:36 PM
Schett had a lovely service motion, and power flowed from it quite easily. Very erratic though, often compromising placement for outlandish serving.

Shame her footwork was so unresponsive too.

cn ireland
Jul 2nd, 2010, 06:39 PM
Those were the days...

Unfortunately its just not the same Jelena on court now:sad:

Elenarulez
Jul 2nd, 2010, 06:45 PM
Lol ... what luck at the end :tape:

Polikarpov
Jul 2nd, 2010, 06:57 PM
Schett was a better tennis player than an undercover detective that's for sure.

Lennval
Jul 2nd, 2010, 09:23 PM
actually it is 1-6, 6-2, 7-5 :p

SM
Jul 2nd, 2010, 11:21 PM
I FORGOT HOW GOOD SHE WAS :O and at 16.........shame she didnt have issues and all that time away from the court, she couldve really developed her serve in to a weapon rather than liability, and the rest was already there at 16

darkchild
Jul 2nd, 2010, 11:36 PM
Schett was a better tennis player than an undercover detective that's for sure.

:worship:

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:14 AM
I think I'm the original uploader of this match. :angel: Not positive, though. :scratch:

Anyway, Jelena really can't move at all anymore. Once you make her run a few steps for a ball, she's totally useless and just dumps the ball into the net with terrible footwork. For some reason she recaptured the mobility and ability to actually sustain a rally at AO 2009, but it's been gone since. With the way she plays, you need to be at optimum fitness and confidence to be effective. She never seems to be in the right place, mentally or physically. :sad:

Jankarenka
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:53 AM
I think I'm the original uploader of this match. :angel: Not positive, though. :scratch:

Anyway, Jelena really can't move at all anymore. Once you make her run a few steps for a ball, she's totally useless and just dumps the ball into the net with terrible footwork. For some reason she recaptured the mobility and ability to actually sustain a rally at AO 2009, but it's been gone since. With the way she plays, you need to be at optimum fitness and confidence to be effective. She never seems to be in the right place, mentally or physically. :sad:

Yes you are and thankyou for it :D

DefyingGravity
Jul 3rd, 2010, 04:26 AM
I miss when Jelena could play this kind of tennis with that footspeed. I remember Virtua Tennis 2 (Sega 2K2) had her as a foot speed strength...*sigh*...if only they could see into the future.

Mashabator
Jul 3rd, 2010, 04:36 AM
OMG :hearts: Jelena!

Jankarenka
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:23 AM
I have a few other videos of her that I have to upload.

Dokic def Clijsters Zurich :D
Bovina Def Dokic Us Open (BUT JELENA WAS HOT HERE)

and a few others lurking somewhere

Svetlana)))
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:52 AM
Dokic has great striking ability but how some of those shots are winners baffle me.

Cankarlo
Jul 3rd, 2010, 06:19 AM
I have a few other videos of her that I have to upload.

Dokic def Clijsters Zurich :D
Bovina Def Dokic Us Open (BUT JELENA WAS HOT HERE)

and a few others lurking somewhere

Do you have Dokic vs Clijsters?:eek: and I agree with you she was looking very beautiful in that match against Bovina. I think it was on Arthur Ashe Stadium.

Jankarenka
Jul 3rd, 2010, 06:26 AM
Do you have Dokic vs Clijsters?:eek: and I agree with you she was looking very beautiful in that match against Bovina. I think it was on Arthur Ashe Stadium.

Yeh I have it somewhere, I just have to find it:)

Libertango
Jul 3rd, 2010, 07:45 AM
OMG I loved Babsi Schett - her and her game. There was just something really aesthetically pleasing about the way she played tennis IMO - kind of why I like Vera and JJ now.

Thanks for the link!

Slutiana
Jul 3rd, 2010, 07:53 AM
Nostalgia. :bigcry: I remember when I had such high hopes for Jelena.

Schett had a lovely service motion, and power flowed from it quite easily. Very erratic though, often compromising placement for outlandish serving.

Shame her footwork was so unresponsive too.
Yeah I adored her service motion too.

And she was definitely much more aggressive than this. I remember her coming to the net quite a bit.

Jankarenka
Jul 3rd, 2010, 08:12 AM
I tried to include as many Schett winners as Dokic's but she just didn't have any :sad:. I loved babsi also :hearts:

irma
Jul 3rd, 2010, 09:12 AM
It's still a shame that the wta with all their aging rules and trying to protect younger players didn't do anything about Dokic schedule in fall 2000. It was totally insane and definitely not weird that she burned out at some point even without her personal problems

Libertango
Jul 3rd, 2010, 09:24 AM
This was 2001, yet Jelena was only 16? So she was 14/15 when she beat Martina in the Wimbledon 1st round?! :eek: :confused:

Dokic looks like a different player to the one we've seen recently, even including the AO last year. :sad:

LCS
Jul 3rd, 2010, 09:25 AM
Dokic was just painting the lines and getting all the good netcords :spit: :o Schett was so pissed off :spit:

ViennaCalling
Jul 3rd, 2010, 10:09 AM
Please come back Babsi :sobbing:

Jankarenka
Jul 3rd, 2010, 04:30 PM
Dokic was just painting the lines and getting all the good netcords :spit: :o Schett was so pissed off :spit:

She was pissed off but in a cute way, I love her German accent "half a meter" :lol: :)

Jankarenka
Aug 4th, 2010, 12:42 AM
She must be playing like this agian.

And also this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83atnwocWJ4

And
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TTQIvDzzj4

Starbucks
Aug 4th, 2010, 04:21 AM
:hearts: Babsi

Jelena was such an amazing talent. I hope she can recapture her footspeed and accuracy & possibly win slams.