PDA

View Full Version : Serena Williams to replace Justine Henin in a Belgian exho

debby
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:31 PM
:sad::sad::sad::sad:

PatrickHaumont
RT @gdurand_lesoir: Serena Williams remplacera Justine Henin, forfait, ŕ « Best of Belgium » devenu « Best of the World.Et Wickmayer???????? half a minute ago via TweetDeck

On the 8th July, Serena Williams will replace Justine Henin, who withdrew, at "Best of Belgium" which is now "Best of the World"

Why not Wickmayer or even Flipper ? :tape: Firstly, it was to show to Belgium that two great champions from different regions could get along well !

azinna
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:44 PM
I hope this isn't true. Serena needs to rest her shoulder and hone her ground game.

Stamp Paid
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:46 PM
WTF
Leave Belgium for the Belgian players. :lol: Im sure theyd be happier with Yanina or Flipper anyway

Bijoux0021
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:46 PM
I hope this isn't true. Serena needs to rest her shoulder and hone her ground game.
This.

Polikarpov
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:47 PM
Is this a joke?

Serendy Willick
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:47 PM
What is with all of these exhibitions? She needs to ditch Stanford, forget WTT (sorry BJK) and go to Bolliteri to rest and work on her ground game.

sweetpeas
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:48 PM
Yep!

n1_and_uh_noone
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:48 PM
I think the hype meant they needed somebody high profile to step in. I am sure the organizers will be relieved. It is a record-breaking event after all.

supergrunt
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:50 PM
i bet the only reason serena agreed was because she wanted another stab at clijsters

Diesel
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:51 PM
Serena.... no.

dreamgoddess099
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:03 PM
They must be paying her a shit load of money.

darrinbaker00
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:07 PM

What is with all of these exhibitions? She needs to ditch Stanford, forget WTT (sorry BJK) and go to Bolliteri to rest and work on her ground game.
First of all, according to all the e-mails I've gotten, Serena's not scheduled to play Stanford this year. Second of all, a six-figure guarantee can cure a lot of what ails you.

brickhousesupporter
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:08 PM
I wonder how much they paid her to take a dive?

Lulu.
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:08 PM
Serena.... no.

I was JUST about to type that. :tape:

HRHoliviasmith
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:09 PM

this. please, serena.

ce
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:11 PM
well i hope she is being payed well
as for Henin :spit:
just lol

darrinbaker00
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:13 PM
Books and computers for the kids in Kenya. :yeah:

mckyle.
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:15 PM
Well, she'll already be in Europe, and it's not like she has to take this thing seriously or put any effort in it. Plus the money helps :lol:

mdterp01
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:24 PM
:haha: :rolls: I think its great...she gonna show up...play Lazyrena style...and take Justine's money :lol:

debby
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:31 PM
It's official.

Lulu.
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:33 PM
When does this take place?

Arnian
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:33 PM
At least they got another big name to replace Juju with

Calypso
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:34 PM
Money talks.
She shouldn't push herself too much!

debby
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:37 PM
When does this take place?

In Brussels.

Lulu.
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:41 PM
In Brussels.

Ok. What is the date?

itzhak
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:41 PM
Well, I can only think about one perfect line judge for this match....

debby
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:42 PM
Ok. What is the date?

Sorry, I read Where :lol:
On the 8th July ;)

pedropt
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:43 PM
Laugh out Loud :drool:

Lulu.
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:44 PM
Sorry, I read Where :lol:
On the 8th July ;)

Ok, thanks.

Kworb
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:44 PM
Poor Justine :sobbing: :lol: kick her when she's down :tape:

tennisbum79
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:47 PM
Well, she'll already be in Europe, and it's not like she has to take this thing seriously or put any effort in it. Plus the money helps :lol:
But there is nothing better than being home after 2 weeks of tennis.

Having said that, this is smart PR move for Serena.
If this Tennis Forumn is an indication, the Belgians have exactly embraced Serena.
Maybe she'll make some headway with her appearence there.

tennisbum79
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:48 PM
At least they got another big name to replace Juju with
Will Juju make a courtesy appearcne to welcome Serena on her land?

You never know , a private talk between the two could lead to a rapprochement...

friendsita
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:50 PM
Clijsterskim: Serena is replacing Justine next thursday! Thanks Serena!
Clijsterskim: Serena has never played in Belgium :-) it will be a great evening!

via twitter

azinna
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:50 PM

:haha: :rolls: I think its great...she gonna show up...play Lazyrena style...and take Justine's money :lol:

Poor Justine :sobbing: :lol: kick her when she's down :tape:

You guys are hilarious. :lol:

pedropt
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:59 PM
Apparently Juju will be there too, at least acording to sport.be - http://www.sport.be/fr/tennis/article.html?Article_ID=451689

DOUBLEFIST
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:00 PM
;)
Somewhere Darrin Baker is smiling.

MH0861
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:01 PM
Oh please, this is amazing news for the exho, as if people would get excited about Clijsters vs Wickmayer :spit:

Vlover
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:02 PM
You are so right, Serena is not going to exert much energy in this especially since she and Kim get on well.:lol:

Polikarpov
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:13 PM
Matt Cronin's tweet: "Clijsters vs Serena USO rematch in Belgium on Thursday with special guest as the chair umpire, drum roll please, Shino Tsurubuchi :)"

Please let this be true.:hysteric::sobbing:

Monirena Wiles
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:32 PM
:sad::sad::sad::sad:

PatrickHaumont
RT @gdurand_lesoir: Serena Williams remplacera Justine Henin, forfait, ŕ « Best of Belgium » devenu « Best of the World.Et Wickmayer???????? half a minute ago via TweetDeck

On the 8th July, Serena Williams will replace Justine Henin, who withdrew, at "Best of Belgium" which is now "Best of the World"

Why not Wickmayer or even Flipper ? :tape: Firstly, it was to show to Belgium that two great champions from different regions could get along well !

Did you really just ask why not Flipper...:lol: :help:

debby
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:37 PM
Did you really just ask why not Flipper...:lol: :help:

She is Belgian and firstly that exho was up to show a Walloon and a Flemish could play together. Flipper is a Walloon.

cecilija
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:40 PM
She is Belgian and firstly that exho was up to show a Walloon and a Flemish could play together. Flipper is a Walloon.

She's not :confused:

Elwin.
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:41 PM
serious?
because she isn't :hysteric:

debby
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:42 PM
I must be confused, sorry :lol:

Zweli
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:53 PM
No comment

Gdsimmons
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:54 PM
Why Serena?? You need to relax and get ready for LaLa's and Carmelos wedding!

Stamp Paid
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:57 PM
Why Serena?? You need to relax and get ready for LaLa's and Carmelos wedding!:haha:

Mike_T
Jul 1st, 2010, 11:10 PM
Apparently Juju will be there too, at least acording to sport.be - http://www.sport.be/fr/tennis/article.html?Article_ID=451689

Justine's going to be lending a hand? Allez!

darrinbaker00
Jul 1st, 2010, 11:12 PM
;)
Somewhere Darrin Baker is smiling.
Go back and read post #17, please. ;)

HRHoliviasmith
Jul 1st, 2010, 11:15 PM
Why Serena?? You need to relax and get ready for LaLa's and Carmelos wedding!

:rolls: :rolls:

Mr.Sharapova
Jul 1st, 2010, 11:23 PM
But this Can't be Maria and Serena are supposed to play an exho match together at the CowBoy stadium on July 7!!!

Gdsimmons
Jul 1st, 2010, 11:24 PM
But this Can't be Maria and Serena are supposed to play an exho match together at the CowBoy stadium on July 7!!!

That shit got cancelled

debby
Jul 1st, 2010, 11:25 PM
Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova, Andy Roddick, and John Isner will have to look for something to do on July 10 after their $1.2 million exhibition event at the Cowboys Stadium was postponed. The Cowboys Tennis Classic was called off and no reason was given.

edificio
Jul 1st, 2010, 11:27 PM
Nice of Serena to help out in Belgium. Bad news for Justine. Ouch, elbow problems. Not good.

darrinbaker00
Jul 1st, 2010, 11:28 PM
Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova, Andy Roddick, and John Isner will have to look for something to do on July 10 after their $1.2 million exhibition event at the Cowboys Stadium was postponed. The Cowboys Tennis Classic was called off and no reason was given.
If enough tickets had been sold, it wouldn't have been called off.

tennisbum79
Jul 1st, 2010, 11:31 PM
Is there a built-in tennis crowd in Dallas?

I thought that was highly optimistic to pick venue like this.

debby
Jul 1st, 2010, 11:32 PM

:lol: :yeah:

I have a question : do you think money runs players' motivation to play tennis?

darrinbaker00
Jul 1st, 2010, 11:35 PM
Is there a built-in tennis crowd in Dallas?

I thought that was highly optimistic to pick a venus like this.
In the early days of Open tennis, there was, at least for the men's game (type "World Championship Tennis" in the search box of your choice).

Mr.Sharapova
Jul 1st, 2010, 11:38 PM
That shit got cancelled

Crap:o:oI was waiting for it:angel:

darrinbaker00
Jul 1st, 2010, 11:41 PM
:lol: :yeah:

I have a question : do you think money runs players' motivation to play tennis?
If they didn't love the game, they wouldn't be where they are today. That being said, they ain't playin' for free, and since they only play for a relatively short time, it's not unreasonable to assume that most of them try to maximize their earning potential.

roelc
Jul 2nd, 2010, 01:07 AM
in an event to celebrate belgium they let serena play ???? :tape:
i wonder what convinced serena on the fortnight of the wimbledon final to play this exo... $$$ or being part of a world record?
of course serena will be nice and let kim win.

they should ve solved the problem with belgians imo. why not one set kim-yanina, one set rochus-malisse and one set mixed doubles? ridiculous to ask serena for this, she hasn't even been to belgium yet...

tennisbum79
Jul 2nd, 2010, 01:13 AM
i wonder what convinced serena on the fortnight of the wimbledon final to play this exo... $$$ or being part of a world record?

If you feel like all your work these 2 weeks has gone to waist, I agree.
So much energy and time to discredit Serenal
they should ve solved the problem with belgians imo. why not one set kim-yanina, one set rochus-malisse and one set mixed doubles? ridiculous to ask serena for this, she hasn't even been to belgium yet...
Obviously they did no listen to you.

It must be extremely painful and embarrasing for you after all that you have saying about Serena the last 2 weeks, in thread after thread.

Nicolás89
Jul 2nd, 2010, 01:17 AM
Second best. :sad:

vejh
Jul 2nd, 2010, 01:32 AM

All good points.

LoveFifteen
Jul 2nd, 2010, 03:17 AM
To all of you saying that Serena should be relaxing ... don't worry ... she will be! :lol:

It's an exho! :shrug:

It's pretty nice of her to show up, even if it is a big payday.

Serenita
Jul 2nd, 2010, 03:20 AM
Vlaams blok wouldnt be happy!! dont do it Serena

:scared:

kiwialicat
Jul 2nd, 2010, 03:24 AM
I think its a stupid decision. Hardly, best of Belgium.

mykarma
Jul 2nd, 2010, 03:46 AM

It must be extremely painful and embarrasing for you after all that you have saying about Serena the last 2 weeks, in thread after thread.

I think it's hysterical and now Serena is going to Belgian to really piss the haters off. :lol:

jawadde
Jul 2nd, 2010, 01:25 PM

I'm Belgian and I don't want to see Clijsters vs Yanina lol. Nothing special about that. Give me some big names, like Serena.

Sammo
Jul 2nd, 2010, 01:31 PM
wtf??!! :rolleyes: what the hell is she doing in a belgian exhibition!!??

bandabou
Jul 2nd, 2010, 01:34 PM
:lol: So Belgium wouldn't enjoy a Kim vs Serena match? Come on...when was the last time Serena even played in Belgium?

I'd go too...when does it take place?

sammy01
Jul 2nd, 2010, 01:41 PM
it is good they got another star name player to replace henin. i hope this exo goes well.

jawadde
Jul 2nd, 2010, 01:48 PM
:lol: So Belgium wouldn't enjoy a Kim vs Serena match? Come on...when was the last time Serena even played in Belgium?

I'd go too...when does it take place?

I'm a Justine fan, and I feel bad that she can't play. But they found a very good replacement. The world nr 1. :worship: I would love to see this to.

Mina Vagante
Jul 2nd, 2010, 01:57 PM

Playing tennis :shrug:

You really think the majority of people would rather see Yanina vs Clijsters over Serena vs Clijsters ?

Serendy Willick
Jul 2nd, 2010, 02:42 PM
Shes probably there to make up for missing the BJK exho eariler.

cellophane
Jul 2nd, 2010, 03:03 PM
:spit:

I thought this was a spoof thread!

NyCPsU
Jul 2nd, 2010, 03:09 PM
I think it's hysterical and now Serena is going to Belgian to really piss the haters off. :lol:

Im fairly certain Serena didn't decide to do this to "really piss the haters off." :weirdo:

-NAJ-
Jul 2nd, 2010, 05:27 PM
Serena's interview-today
Q. Seems you're heading to Belgium next week, we heard.

SERENA WILLIAMS: Oh, yeah? So I heard, too.

Q. Can you talk about it?

SERENA WILLIAMS: I don't know if I can talk about it yet. We'll just keep discussing this right now.

Q. Is it still unsure that you're going to go?

SERENA WILLIAMS: Who knows, right?

Q. We heard you're going to play against Kim in a great exhibition.

SERENA WILLIAMS: Okay.

Q. Is that true?

SERENA WILLIAMS: I've already answered that, so...

cellophane
Jul 2nd, 2010, 05:54 PM
Serena - :spit: as usual

sammy01
Jul 2nd, 2010, 06:25 PM
Im fairly certain Serena didn't decide to do this to "really piss the haters off." :weirdo:

it is only her super over sensitive fans who think things like that ;)

PLP
Jul 2nd, 2010, 06:30 PM
I'm Belgian and I don't want to see Clijsters vs Yanina lol. Nothing special about that. Give me some big names, like Serena.

This.

If Venus and Serena were set to play an exho in NY and Venus had to back out because of injury, should she be replaced by Vania, Beth, or Mel just because they are American? Personally, I would rather see Serena vs Kim.

roelc
Jul 2nd, 2010, 06:36 PM

:confused: huh, what did i say about serena???
the only thing i said over the last 2 weeks was to congratulate her with the fact that she s the only top player who is consistent in her results. i suppose you are mistaking me for someone else???

anyway, i wasn't picking on serena in this post either. i just think it s strange that in an event to celebrate belgium (being president of the EU), with belgian bands and so, that they let a foreigner play.
but yeah, if i would ve bought a ticket i might have also preferred to see kim-serena than kim-yanina (but that wasn t really the point)

some people here :help:

DOUBLEFIST
Jul 2nd, 2010, 06:47 PM
:confused: huh, what did i say about serena???
the only thing i said over the last 2 weeks was to congratulate her with the fact that she s the only top player who is consistent in her results. i suppose you are mistaking me for someone else???

anyway, i wasn't picking on serena in this post either. i just think it s strange that in an event to celebrate belgium (being president of the EU), with belgian bands and so, that they let a foreigner play.
but yeah, if i would ve bought a ticket i might have also preferred to see kim-serena than kim-yanina (but that wasn t really the point)

some people here :help:
In that respect it's quite an honor for Serena. Truly proud of her and actually impressed that Belgium would extend the invitation, valuing the draw of the competition over some superfluous sense of nationalism.

DOUBLEFIST
Jul 2nd, 2010, 07:00 PM
Go back and read post #17, please. ;)

:lol: Yes, indeed.

Stamp Paid
Jul 2nd, 2010, 07:11 PM
I hope she doesnt go.
More important things to do. Like going to Lala and Carmelo's wedding.

Sarah<Kim-fan>
Jul 2nd, 2010, 07:24 PM
article about it on the Sporza-website (= belgian national tv's sportsite), which has quotes (supposedly ;)) from Serena:

http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/tennis/100702_serena_blij_brussel

‘I’m honoured that the organization has invited me. I’m also very happy to be part of a world record. It will be fantastic to play in front of 35 000 fans. The whole event seems fun to me and it’s something unique.

about playing in the Koning Boudewijnstadion, a football stadium: “During the Worldcup be talk about football everyday. Now I get the opportunity to play in a European football stadium myself. Crazy! I’m already looking forward to walk into the stadium. I hope that Kim and I can make it a fun show.”

DOUBLEFIST
Jul 2nd, 2010, 07:35 PM
I don't mind her going as long as she just phones in her effort. No sense in risking injury for an exo.

Just go, have fun and be out.

manu32
Jul 2nd, 2010, 08:57 PM
Great for the audience...needs the best

Gdsimmons
Jul 2nd, 2010, 09:00 PM
I hope she doesnt go.
More important things to do. Like going to Lala and Carmelo's wedding.

Thats what I said. Im sure the bachelorette party is either Thursday or Friday. Bachelorette party >> expo in Belgium

TLP
Jul 2nd, 2010, 09:17 PM
What a coup for the organizers. First the bad news about Justine and then they get the world's number one to replace her. Great opportunity for Serena to meet and greet many people who will only have this one chance to see her in person. I expect Serena will have a great time and a fantastic pay day.

The Witch-king
Jul 2nd, 2010, 09:35 PM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/headtohead/justine-henin_2255881_3541/0,,12781~3541~1583,00.html
294 1998RAMAT HASHARONHARDQJ.Henin6-1 7-6(3)513
205 1999REIMSCLAYFJ.Henin6-4 6-4359
21 (17) 2001INDIAN WELLSHARDR32K. Clijsters1-6 6-4 6-319 (14)
16 (14) 2001FRENCH OPENCLAYSK. Clijsters2-6 7-5 6-314 (12)
9 (2) 2001'S-HERTOGENBOSCHGRASSFJ.Henin6-4 3-6 6-37 (1)
7 (5) 2002SYDNEYHARDQK. Clijsters7-6(5) 6-25 (3)
8 (6) 2002AUSTRALIAN OPENHARDQK. Clijsters6-2 6-35 (4)
8 (5) 2002ROMECLAYSJ.Henin7-5 6-23 (3)
4 (4) 2002TOUR CHAMPIONSHIPSCARPETQK. Clijsters6-2 6-16 (5)
5 (3) 2003SYDNEYHARDSK. Clijsters6-2 6-34 (2)
4 (3) 2003ANTWERPCARPETSK. Clijsters6-2 7-6(3)3 (2)
4 (3) 2003BERLIN OPENCLAYFJ.Henin6-4 4-6 7-53 (1)
4 (4) 2003FRENCH OPENCLAYFJ.Henin6-0 6-42 (2)
3 (2) 2003S'HERTOGENBOSCHGRASSFK. Clijsters6-7(4) 3-02 (1)
3 (3) 2003SAN DIEGOHARDFJ.Henin3-6 6-2 6-32 (2)
3 (2) 2003US OPENHARDFJ.Henin7-5 6-11 (1)
2 (2) 2003FILDERSTADTHARDFK. Clijsters5-7 6-4 6-21 (1)
1 (1) 2004AUSTRALIAN OPENHARDFJ.Henin6-3 4-6 6-32 (2)
5 (4) 2005TORONTOHARDFK. Clijsters7-5 6-18 (7)
5 (5) 2006FRENCH OPENCLAYSJ.Henin6-3 6-22 (2)
3 (3) 2006EASTBOURNEGRASSSJ.Henin6-3 5-7 6-12 (2)
3 (3) 2006WIMBLEDONGRASSSJ.Henin6-4 7-6(4)2 (2)
0 2010BRISBANEHARDFK. Clijsters6-3 4-6 7-6(6)18 (1)
33 2010MIAMIHARDSK. Clijsters6-2 6-7(3) 7-6(6)16 (14)

:confused::confused::confused:

debby
Jul 2nd, 2010, 09:44 PM
I mean, given what is happening right now in Belgium, as Belgium is going to take the presidency of EU ;) they need to promote themselves, if they take it but have a huge crisis in their country, just no. :tape:

debby
Jul 2nd, 2010, 09:50 PM
According to a former tennis player, Justine doesn't want to retire again soon. :D

pierce85
Jul 2nd, 2010, 10:17 PM
whatever, who cares

mykarma
Jul 2nd, 2010, 11:33 PM
playing tennis

mykarma
Jul 2nd, 2010, 11:40 PM
perhaps I should have written "and really piss the haters off". :lol:

mykarma
Jul 2nd, 2010, 11:43 PM
it is only her super over sensitive fans who think things like that ;)
Surely you jest. What reason do we have to be sensitive to a bunch of haters.

Diesel
Jul 3rd, 2010, 12:50 AM
whatever, who cares

You do.

tennnisfannn
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:14 AM
I hear people have paid top dollar for that exhibition, they do not want to see a kim vs Yanina otheriwse serena owuld not be included.

ZODIAC
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:25 AM
Kim is scouting Serena s new game just like she scouted Venus at that exho last yr..Serena should just moonball her if they play

ireneteri
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:08 AM
article about it on the Sporza-website (= belgian national tv's sportsite), which has quotes (supposedly ;)) from Serena:

http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/tennis/100702_serena_blij_brussel

‘I’m honoured that the organization has invited me. I’m also very happy to be part of a world record. It will be fantastic to play in front of 35 000 fans. The whole event seems fun to me and it’s something unique.

about playing in the Koning Boudewijnstadion, a football stadium: “During the Worldcup be talk about football everyday. Now I get the opportunity to play in a European football stadium myself. Crazy! I’m already looking forward to walk into the stadium. I hope that Kim and I can make it a fun show.”

its amazing that serena has considered the invitation, its very nice of her as well:worship:. i'm suprised. too bad for justine:sad:

kiwifan
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:19 AM
I wonder how much they paid her to take a dive?

Yep. How much does it cost to lose to Classy Kim in front of a hostile crowd?

Actually since it isn't a slam, 6 figures sounds right. :cool:

tennisbum79
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:38 AM
Yep. How much does it cost to lose to Classy Kim in front of a hostile crowd?

Actually since it isn't a slam, 6 figures sounds right. :cool:
On recommendation from Kim, organizers also extended inviation to line judge and chair umpire
below:lol:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:fQgh65hc9vkzRM:http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content/StaticFile/jpg/2009/Sep/Week2/15380673.jpg (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content/StaticFile/jpg/2009/Sep/Week2/15380673.jpg&imgrefurl=http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Serena-Williams-Unrepentant-And-Unapologetic-Despite-Angry-Outburst-Against-Lineswoman-At-US-Open/Article/200909215380662&usg=__erUJwPoglTRHgOwsHQoFBex1Q4Y=&h=180&w=180&sz=11&hl=en&start=137&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=fQgh65hc9vkzRM:&tbnh=101&tbnw=101&prev=/images%3Fq%3DTennis%2BLine%2Bjudge%26start%3D120%2 6um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26ndsp%3D20%26tbs%3Disc h:1)

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:y7YFGm6Pnek8yM:http://nbcsportsmedia2.msnbc.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040908/040908_alves_vmed_11a.standard.jpg (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://nbcsportsmedia2.msnbc.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040908/040908_alves_vmed_11a.standard.jpg&imgrefurl=http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/5933547/&usg=__Y5mcqjBu3ICuTMz_sL4z0XO5G3A=&h=298&w=206&sz=13&hl=en&start=41&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=y7YFGm6Pnek8yM:&tbnh=116&tbnw=80&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dtennis%2Bchair%2Bumpire%26start%3D40% 26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26ndsp%3D20%26tbs%3Dis ch:1)

tennisbum79
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:56 AM
According to a former tennis player, Justine doesn't want to retire again soon. :D
So will she attend this event?

friendsita
Jul 3rd, 2010, 06:08 AM
On recommendation from Kim, organizers also extended inviation to line judge and chair umpire
below:lol:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:fQgh65hc9vkzRM:http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content/StaticFile/jpg/2009/Sep/Week2/15380673.jpg (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content/StaticFile/jpg/2009/Sep/Week2/15380673.jpg&imgrefurl=http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Serena-Williams-Unrepentant-And-Unapologetic-Despite-Angry-Outburst-Against-Lineswoman-At-US-Open/Article/200909215380662&usg=__erUJwPoglTRHgOwsHQoFBex1Q4Y=&h=180&w=180&sz=11&hl=en&start=137&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=fQgh65hc9vkzRM:&tbnh=101&tbnw=101&prev=/images%3Fq%3DTennis%2BLine%2Bjudge%26start%3D120%2 6um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26ndsp%3D20%26tbs%3Disc h:1)

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:y7YFGm6Pnek8yM:http://nbcsportsmedia2.msnbc.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040908/040908_alves_vmed_11a.standard.jpg (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://nbcsportsmedia2.msnbc.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040908/040908_alves_vmed_11a.standard.jpg&imgrefurl=http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/5933547/&usg=__Y5mcqjBu3ICuTMz_sL4z0XO5G3A=&h=298&w=206&sz=13&hl=en&start=41&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=y7YFGm6Pnek8yM:&tbnh=116&tbnw=80&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dtennis%2Bchair%2Bumpire%26start%3D40% 26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26ndsp%3D20%26tbs%3Dis ch:1)

:haha::haha::haha:
:worship:

sammy01
Jul 3rd, 2010, 12:37 PM
Surely you jest. What reason do we have to be sensitive to a bunch of haters.

well mentioning said 'haters' when you should be happy serena will be part of history in what should be the biggest crowd for a tennis match ever.

still i guess you're right serena isn't doing it for money or to be part of history, shes doing it so you can post the haters will be upset on a forum :help:

seriously what world do some of you live in, all i hear is serena is a good human being who does her bit for charity ect, which is great, yet you are now labeling her as petty and pethetic enough to want to 'piss off the haters' by going out of her way to play an exo in another country. i wish some of you even read the crap you post.

debby
Jul 3rd, 2010, 12:55 PM
So will she attend this event?

Yes, she wants to be there. I want her to be the umpire.
Justine calling Serena's footfaults :drool: