PDA

View Full Version : Justine Henin out until September

Sarah<Kim-fan>
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:40 PM
Just heard it on belgian tv news...

serious elbow injury: torn ligaments, she won't play the exhibition against Clijsters next week and she might miss the US Open. Sad news!!

article in Dutch

Justine Henin: geen US Open, niet tegen Clijsters

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/Assets/Images_Upload/2010/07/01/hen_b.jpg.h170.jpg.280.jpg

Justine Henin neemt niet deel aan de US Open. Ook de 'Battle of Belgium' in het Koning Boudewijnstadion tegen Kim Clijsters gaat niet door. Haar ligamenten zijn gescheurd.
Henin liep de blessure waarschijnlijk op tijdens de wedstrijd tegen Kim Clijsters, maandagmiddag. Toen maakte ze een lelijke val. Ze zou zeker tot september out zijn.
De Battle of Belgium tussen Henin en Clijsters zou op 8 juli doorgaan in het Koning Boudewijnstadion. Met meer dan 30.000 verkochte tickets zou het de drukst bijgewoonde tenniswedstrijd aller tijden worden.

bbjpa
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:42 PM
Is it official ?

Nicolás89
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:42 PM
Retirement. :crying2:

Polikarpov
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:43 PM
Dammit, how unfortunate. I wish you a speedy recovery, Heng.

BlackPanther.
I was just about to do a thread about this :lol:

Miguel Seabra on Twitter:

BREAKING NEWS: #JustineHenin won't play the #USOpen; she fell during her 4th round #Wimbledon -- further examinations of the elbow show tear

I'm not her fan, but, get well soon Justine :hug:

jimbo mack
she hasn't had much luck with injuries since her comeback. hope she can come back strong in september...likely she will miss Flushing Meadows

jefrilibra
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:44 PM
Oh my! She got torn ligaments!!! That's pretty bad.

Speedy recovery Justine!!!

Sarah<Kim-fan>
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:44 PM
Is it official ?

yeah, it's also on her official site...
http://www.justine-henin.be/fr.php#/news

debby
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:45 PM
:bigcry: :sobbing: How unfair !!!!!! Why why why?
Don't retire again, you will be injury free in 2011 :sobbing:

tennnisfannn
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:46 PM
wow, that exhibition has een the talk of the town, there will be atleast 40,000 people disppointed. Get well Justine,

Polikarpov
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:46 PM
Wimbledon is just cursed for her.

Ellery
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:47 PM
omg :bigcry: Get well soon Juju :hug:

Jorn
So we can remove her from the Cincy List...

Get well soon Juju!

Mightymirza
OMG wtf.. Justine... :sad: I hope she gets well.. Please dont retire juju again..

makirilenko
This is a shame, she was having such a great year too, hopefully she doesn't try to rush anything for the USO. My best wishes to her.

debby
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:48 PM
wow, that exhibition has een the talk of the town, there will be atleast 40,000 people disppointed. Get well Justine,

Justine will be there, she won't play but she wants to support Kim and Flipper or Yanina.

MaBaker
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:49 PM
Oh crap :sobbing:

Julian.
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:50 PM
:hysteric:

Hian
:bigcry: What a pity :bigcrY:
Unclucky Woman :bigcry:

Veesus
Retirement looms. :sobbing:

buckyohare
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:54 PM
She was playing almost the whole match with a torn ligament ?! Get the fck out. Someone should tell her to suck it up and get on with the program. So tired of her needing to take months long breaks to lick her wounds.

Polikarpov
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:54 PM
She's gonna fuck up the draws even more when she comes back.:sobbing:

lightningquick
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:56 PM
so that fall in the 4th round was indeed costly in more ways than one, how much bad luck can she take?

Drake1980
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:58 PM

debby
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:58 PM
She was playing almost the whole match with a torn ligament ?! Get the fck out. Someone should tell her to suck it up and get on with the program. So tired of her needing to take months long breaks to lick her wounds.

She doesn't want to retire from a match anymore : Fed Cup (broken finger GEEZ), Madrid (sick, even Carlos told her to retire, and she said "no I went onto the court, so I must finish the match" ) and now Wimbledon....
She only retired 4 or 5 times in her career, hardly a retirement girl. It's not her fault if she gets injured all the time, it's not like she doesn't make any fitness job, her body isn't suited to high level tennis, even Clijsters said it.

She's gonna fuck up the draws even more when she comes back.:sobbing:

:tape: Who cares, really ? We have lost a big champion for the US Open.

AnDrEi.b
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:59 PM
Sorry 4 u Justine ...

Polikarpov
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:03 PM
:tape: Who cares, really ? We have lost a big champion for the US Open.

I know. I was just expecting her to gain more points in the US summer hardcourt season, and get a better seeding for the US Open. But now it seems that she'll continue facing the top seeds so early in the tournament.

debby
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:04 PM
I know. I was just expecting her to gain more points in the US summer hardcourt season, and get a better seeding for the US Open. But now it seems that she'll continue facing the top seeds so early in the tournament.

Unluck happens, really.

pokey camp
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:05 PM
Ah she’s clearly faking because she doesn’t want to play the USO Series. Just like Elena faked that calf injury to get out of RG and Wimbledon. I will make a thread about this suspicious behavior... [/everythingfails999] :o :o :o

debby
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:06 PM
Ah she’s clearly faking because she doesn’t want to play the USO Series. Just like Elena faked that calf injury to get out of RG and Wimbledon. I will make a thread about this suspicious behavior... [/everythingfails999] :o :o :o

:lol: Thanks for the good laugh :lol:

buckyohare
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:07 PM
She doesn't want to retire from a match anymore : Fed Cup (broken finger GEEZ), Madrid (sick, even Carlos told her to retire, and she said "no I went onto the court, so I must finish the match" ) and now Wimbledon....
She only retired 4 or 5 times in her career, hardly a retirement girl. It's not her fault if she gets injured all the time, it's not like she doesn't make any fitness job, her body isn't suited to high level tennis, even Clijsters said it.

I never blamed her for her retirement, if someone isn't feeling well, she should retire.

However you can't deny you don't see it coming she is going to take a looooooong break after this wimbledon loss. This is what really piss me off. Everytime it is the same. Big loss -> goodbye Justine, see you in a few months.
That injury seems to me like a way to sugarcoat it.

lightningquick

:lol::tape:

HRHoliviasmith
get better Justine.

Aaron.
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:08 PM
She was playing almost the whole match with a torn ligament ?! Get the fck out. Someone should tell her to suck it up and get on with the program. So tired of her needing to take months long breaks to lick her wounds. LOL :haha: :hysteric:

Mr.Sharapova
Wow what a shocker!!

cecilija
I never blamed her for her retirement, if someone isn't feeling well, she should retire.

However you can't deny you don't see it coming she is going to take a looooooong break after this wimbledon loss. This is what really piss me off. That injury seems to me like a way to sugarcoat it.

She is going to miss the whole USO series and the USO itself. What are you talking about?

Kworb
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:10 PM
:hysteric: No!! No!!!!!!! :hysteric: No!! :hysteric: NoooooOOOoooooo :hysteric: :hysteric:

Marionated
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:11 PM
:sad:

debby
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:11 PM

However you can't deny you don't see it coming she is going to take a looooooong break after this wimbledon loss. This is what really piss me off. That injury seems to me like a way to sugarcoat it.

So do you think she is exaggerating her injury or something ? Clueless. And you are a Justine fan. :tape:
I mean, of course she is injured, didn't you see her fall against Kim? She called the trainer although she was leading in the first set :rolleyes: then she missed every shot. It was an awful match, really.

And her goal is 2011, not 2010, she says that it is a transition year, that she was obviously sad about Wimbledon, but she will keep working harder and harder to win, to improve... She is a competitor and a huge champion, she knows how to overcome these tough losses : check 2006, check Bartoli's loss in 2007 (Justine was devastated, she was nearly in tears during the press conference) and went on a 32 winning streak. :rolleyes:

Super Dave
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:12 PM
That's really unfortunate...hope she recovers quickly. :sad:

DOUBLEFIST
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:12 PM
She's gonna fuck up the draws even more when IF she comes back.:sobbing:

Corrected. :angel:

An ill-omen indeed for Heninland, but hardly surprising. I have a feeling during this time she'll be decided how worth it it is for her to continue the effort.

She's in a real quandary now. If she truly injured it pushes her comeback schedule even further, making her draws tougher and gives confidence to the lesser players when she does return. If it's a bruised ego hiatus, then she'll have an enormous amount of pressure on her when she returns in a kind of "once more unto the breach" way.

I believe she's on the edge of retirement.

buckyohare
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:14 PM
She is going to miss the whole USO series and the USO itself. What are you talking about?

Not confirmed that she'll miss the USOpen itself. Just speculation as far as I know.
And no, she doesn't want to play the USO series, she has never been interested in that.

slamchamp
Noooooooooo Come back strong Heng! I want the top players healthy:ras:

Slutiana
Retirement. :crying2:

ZODIAC
she is not doing great with the comeback,I guess when she lost Wimbledon she didnt want to play again....thats the main reason for her comeback

Stamp Paid
Yikes, her luck has been so bad this year with the injuries.

debby
Corrected. :angel:

An ill-omen indeed for Heninland, but hardly surprising. I have a feeling during this time she'll be decided how worth it it is for her to continue the effort.

She's in a real quandary now. If she truly injured it pushes her comeback schedule even further, making her draws tougher and gives confidence to the lesser players when she does return. If it's a bruised ego hiatus, then she'll have an enormous amount of pressure on her when she returns in a kind of "once more unto the breach" way.

I believe she's on the edge of retirement.

:yawn: Not this BS again.

She won't retire, she will be there in 2011, she said it herself. DUH.
I knew she was gonna retire in 2008, and I can promise you, she won't retire at the end of the year. She will try for another year.

cecilija
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:15 PM
Not confirmed that she'll miss the USOpen itself. Just speculation as far as I know.
And no, she doesn't want to play the USO series, she has never been interested in that.

It is confirmed on her site. Yeh, she really hates playing in Montreal :rolleyes: :tape:

You are embarrassing yourself.

DOUBLEFIST
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:16 PM
:yawn: And not THIS :bs: again.

And her goal is 2011, not 2010, she says that it is a transition year

This, of course, was a REVISED goal which came about after several disappointments.

debby
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:18 PM
This, of course, was a REVISED goal which came about after several disappointments.

:lol: Not really. She has planned to play a few years, she wants to play until the 2012 OG. And I am a much better JH fan than you are, so I know my stuff better. :wavey:

Stamp Paid
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:18 PM
:lol: Not really. She has planned to play a few years, she wants to play until the 2012 OG. And I am a much better JH fan than you are, so I know my stuff better. :wavey:Will you change your signature now, with this news? :awww:

DefyingGravity
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:19 PM
Get better Justine...I may not like you, but I don't want you to be ranked 9-32 anymore.

ZODIAC
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:20 PM
justine has never enjoyed playing in America so its no surprise that she will skip the hardcourt season.

missvarsha
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:21 PM
:yawn: And not THIS :bs: again.

Well as much as "take it one match at a time" is a trite sentiment it has to be true for someone coming back after a two year break. If anything, Henin overperformed in Australia and set the expectations unrealistically high for the rest of the year, which now have to be downgraded.

As for the torn ligaments in the elbow - yes it really IS that easy to tear ligaments in your arm, and while a "normal" life is possible without surgical repair, for a professional athlete it is almost a must.

miss molly
Horrible news:bigcry::bigcry:

When i saw her face during the medical timeout, i knew she was seriously injured but i didn't think it would be that bad. I'm pretty sure she aggravated the injury by playing until the end bc the press would have totally killed her if she retired.

Now she's out for months and will likely miss the rest of the season:sad: I truly can't believe how unlucky she is (hip injury, shoulder injury, broken finger, now torn ligaments, all this in 6 months), i don't think there's another top player as unlucky as her. She'll need to take the time to recover and hope injuries will leave her alone for a while when she's back. The motivation is there but she can't catch a break this year.

2Black
Man, I hope she plays the Open because I'm going & want to see her play. Wait, I've seen her play before. Nevermind...

DragonFlame
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:23 PM
So disappointing! :sobbing: She's really been unlucky this year. It just sucks. just when she was playing her best tennis since the comeback too, and at wimbledon again... Lets hope next year will be better i guess...

SerenaSlam
safe to say no qualifying for YEC?

azinna
Terrible, terrible news. Please recover soon Juju. And please do come back with your 2007 game plan. I love seeing you in natural flow and the sport will be better for it.

debby
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:24 PM
Will you change your signature now, with this news? :awww:
I've just changed it. :sad:

justine has never enjoyed playing in America so its no surprise that she will skip the hardcourt season.

She loves Montreal, her godfather lives there, and she likes the US Open more and more (she said it in 2007) even if it will never be her favourite Slam. She always played the hardcourt seasons barring injuries.

kiwifan
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:26 PM
Well as much as "take it one match at a time" is a trite sentiment it has to be true for someone coming back after a two year break. If anything, Henin overperformed in Australia and set the expectations unrealistically high for the rest of the year, which now have to be downgraded.

As for the torn ligaments in the elbow - yes it really IS that easy to tear ligaments in your arm, and while a "normal" life is possible without surgical repair, for a professional athlete it is almost a must.

Actually KIM over performed at the US Open and set the expectations high. ;)

Expectations were come back, "save tennis" and put the Williams Sisters in check. :tape:

After all "if Kim can do it..." :p

buckyohare
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:27 PM
So do you think she is exaggerating her injury or something ? Clueless. And you are a Justine fan. :tape:
I mean, of course she is injured, didn't you see her fall against Kim? She called the trainer although she was leading in the first set :rolleyes: then she missed every shot. It was an awful match, really.

And her goal is 2011, not 2010, she says that it is a transition year, that she was obviously sad about Wimbledon, but she will keep working harder and harder to win, to improve... She is a competitor and a huge champion, she knows how to overcome these tough losses : check 2006, check Bartoli's loss in 2007 (Justine was devastated, she was nearly in tears during the press conference) and went on a 32 winning streak. :rolleyes:

In a way yes. I think she is so sick of tennis right now, she needs a break from everything, like how it has always been after she loses a big one. Good you mention 2006, 2007. How long vacation did she take after her respective Wimbledon losses, atleast a month from what I can remember. The difference between now and then is that she could afford to take breaks. Now she can't anymore. She is on a catch up the whole year, what she needs is to play matches, lots of them. Even if she has the heart the overcome the tough losses, she doesn't have the skills or rather the consistency anymore.

As for the match itself. She called the trainer because she was a little bit scared. I didn't say it wasn't justified.
And the quality of the match does not indicate anything. That's just a how the new Justine operates now. Purely inconsistent and if things don't go her way, she get awfully tentative, each shot she played is filled with desperation, in a bad way. Exactly like the Stosur match. Was she injured then as well ?

debby
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:28 PM
safe to say no qualifying for YEC?

I think so. She is not even sure to play after the US Open.

hablo
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:29 PM

She was already on the decline before she retired and dissed the womens' game while she was out.

All this is karma. I think she thought she was going to dominate from the get-go. :lol::tape:

Anyhow, all these injuries are not a good sign...

friendsita
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:30 PM
goshhh Juju... :(

Sor.ana
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:35 PM
Oh no :sad:. Get well soon Justine :hug:
All my faves got injured this year :o

debby
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:35 PM
In a way yes. I think she is so sick of tennis right now, she needs a break from everything, like how it has always been after she loses a big one. Good you mention 2006, 2007. How long vacation did she take after her respective Wimbledon losses, atleast a month from what I can remember. The difference between now and then is that she could afford to take breaks. Now she can't anymore. She is on a catch up the whole year, what she needs is to play matches, lots of them. Even if she has the heart the overcome the tough losses, she doesn't have the skills or rather the consistency anymore.

As for the match itself. She called the trainer because she was a little bit scared. I didn't say it wasn't justified.
And the quality of the match does not indicate anything. That's just a how the new Justine operates now. Purely inconsistent and if things don't go her way, she get awfully tentative, each shot she played is filled with desperation, in a bad way. Exactly like the Stosur match. Was she injured then as well ?

Actually you are a Henin hater.

- She is not sich of tennis, otherwise why she would have come back ? She loves tennis too much, she missed it, then she came back. She retired because of injuries, her motivation for tennis has never gone, she still watched the ATP tennis, and knew some things about WTA...

- Give me a break, every top player takes a month off, because she played clay warm up then RG then Eastbourne then Wimbledon in a row, and there are only MM tournaments during that month. And it's still the case now, a month off then two or three big HC tournaments then the US Open. Have you actually a clue about tennis schedule ?
And please, she still has the skills. She is a 7 Slam champion, never write her off.

- LMAO @"she called the trainer because she was scared" Give me a break, she fell hard on the ground when leading 4-1 or something against Kim. SHE WAS LEADING KIM, NOT LOSING AT HER SO HOW COULD SHE HAVE BEEN SCARED ?!

debby
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:36 PM
She was already on the decline before she retired and dissed the womens' game while she was out.

All this is karma. I think she thought she was going to dominate from the get-go. :lol::tape:

Oh please, SHUT UP ! :tape: :tape:

mb011
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:38 PM
this just seems unfair... hope she'll be back strong...

soul
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:39 PM
Im sorry for her, I hope she recovers well.But it is really a very long time and a very serious injury.

manu32
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:39 PM
She is done...

DOUBLEFIST
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:40 PM
...And I am a much better JH fan than you are...
Of that, there is little doubt. ;)

Agreed.

Here's the thing. Nearly every time you "sprain" anything - ankles, knees, wrists, elbows - you've "torn," to one degree or another, ligaments. It's the SEVERITY that is always the question. Usually, when the severity of the injury doesn't require surgery it's characterized as a "sprain" not a "tear." If this is something that is going to require surgery, even I would feel badly for her. Believe me, as a veteran of TWO achilles surgeries and a hand surgery, I have a lot of sympathy for anyone who has to go under the knife and rehab. But I'd love to know if this is a surgery requiring injury of if this is a sprain. Given the fact that she played the rest of the match with it, I SERIOUSLY doubt that it will require surgery. Either that, or she's simply tougher than I give her credit for (which is a very distinct possibility).

cecilija
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:40 PM
Purely inconsistent and if things don't go her way, she get awfully tentative, each shot she played is filled with desperation, in a bad way. Exactly like the Stosur match. Was she injured then as well ?

Did she take two months off after that loss as well?

John.
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:41 PM
I really wouldn't be surprised to see her retire again

goldenboi356
how unlucky. hope you'll take your time to recover and be healthy for 2011.

Aaron.
Floptine :sobbing:

manu32
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:42 PM
nobody can play with this injury..so kim what do you think? really?

hablo
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:43 PM
Oh please, SHUT UP ! :tape: :tape:
:lol:

She is done...

She is not getting any younger...

Stamp Paid
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:43 PM

Anyhow, all these injuries are not a good sign...http://i47.tinypic.com/mmzhn6.gif
Valid points...

- LMAO @"she called the trainer because she was scared" Give me a break, she fell hard on the ground when leading 4-1 or something against Kim. SHE WAS LEADING KIM, NOT LOSING AT HER SO HOW COULD SHE HAVE BEEN SCARED ?!The terror of Veerror looming in her half of the draw :lol:

hankqq
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:46 PM
:( :sad: it's a shame she'll miss the USO series and USO. It's been nice having her back in the mix and she's been one of the best players this year. Hopefully she can still make the YEC.

debby
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:48 PM
Of that, there is little doubt. ;)

Because I call her Herpes, and think she is done. :lol: I was not aware of her injury, so my apologies for what I have said after the Kim match. And the nicknames are always funny. But right now, I don't want to laugh at her :sobbing:

The terror of Veerror looming in her half of the draw :lol:

Or the terror of Pironkova :lol: :tape: Without that torn injury, she could have reached the final. Thank god, we avoided a database error just before a Serena-JH Slam final. :lol:

buckyohare
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:50 PM
Did she take two months off after that loss as well?

If it wasn't for Wimbledon, she would have. That I have no doubt. She already took a break as long as she could afford. She should have played Birmingham.

dsanders06
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:52 PM
speaking of trash...when are you going to take your meds and stick with it? you may need to double up for tommorrow.

Wow, now you're trying to use mental illness as an insult... you stay classy. :worship:

lightningquick
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:52 PM
If it wasn't for Wimbledon, she would have. That I have no doubt. She already took a break as long as she could afford. She should have played Birmingham.

but then she played in unicef, whats your point really?

cecilija
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:54 PM

Well, she is missing the USO now, but you still think she is taking a break, so what gives?

mdterp01
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:54 PM
:eek: Not a fan but this sucks. Sorry to her and her fans who were enjoying her comeback.

roelc
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:57 PM
ow, must be tough :(
and of course it had to happen in a match against kim...
i wonder what they ll do with the "best of belgium" match now.
yanina-kim? or a mixed doubles maybe with olivier rochus and xavier malisse?

mdterp01
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:57 PM

:eek:

DOUBLEFIST
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:58 PM
Because I call her Herpes, and think she is done. :lol: I was not aware of her injury, so my apologies for what I have said after the Kim match. And the nicknames are always funny. But right now, I don't want to laugh at her :sobbing:
:confused: What? I'm confused. Did you mean to quote my post, because I have no idea what you're talking about.

buckyohare
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:59 PM
Actually you are a Henin hater.

- She is not sich of tennis, otherwise why she would have come back ? She loves tennis too much, she missed it, then she came back. She retired because of injuries, her motivation for tennis has never gone, she still watched the ATP tennis, and knew some things about WTA...

- Give me a break, every top player takes a month off, because she played clay warm up then RG then Eastbourne then Wimbledon in a row, and there are only MM tournaments during that month. And it's still the case now, a month off then two or three big HC tournaments then the US Open. Have you actually a clue about tennis schedule ?
And please, she still has the skills. She is a 7 Slam champion, never write her off.

- LMAO @"she called the trainer because she was scared" Give me a break, she fell hard on the ground when leading 4-1 or something against Kim. SHE WAS LEADING KIM, NOT LOSING AT HER SO HOW COULD SHE HAVE BEEN SCARED ?!

-If she isn't sick of tennis, why isn't she playing ? Why isn't she playing anything after the AO open ? Why is she barely playing any tennis this year ? She loves winning, but she HATES losing.

-You don't take months off if you want to reenter the game. After a 2 year break you need match-practice, especially if you want to do a new playing style.

-Ehhmm, She is scared of being injured, that's what i want to say.

bandabou
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:00 PM
Wow! This first year is turning out as a nightmare for Juju! Sad.

Speedy recovery for Juju!

honduran
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:01 PM
:banana: :bigwave:

SMH, how can you be celebrating someone's misery?? I mean really??? Is that human like?

NeoZod19
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:01 PM
another lost of a good player!!!:(:sad:

buckyohare
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:03 PM
but then she played in unicef, whats your point really?

That she took as much time as she could to lick her wounds. 2 weeks instead of 1.

Matt01
SMH, how can you be celebrating someone's misery?? I mean really??? Is that human like?

Look at the username. That explains some things.

lightningquick

i was wondering the same thing :help:

pedropt
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:04 PM
It's a real pitty for her and for the US Open. Hope she can reach the YEC, despite the time off. Last year, JJ was the last one to qualify with 3555 points. In the next monday, Justine will have around 3400.

Matt01
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:04 PM
That she took as much time as she could to lick her wounds. 2 weeks instead of 1.

Funny :lol:

To not say: Desperate.

Danči Dementia
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:11 PM

:lol: :sobbing:

if she had done all this before I would still like her.

oh yeah hardly a retirement girl, still she went and retired in the most important match for Momo(well the first most important match for her), classy!!!:rolleyes:

anyways, how long does it takes a "torn ligament" in the elbow to heal??

only 3 months?

Robert-KimClijst
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:16 PM
That is a shame. Injuries suck. I do think, however, a tiny bit of this time off may be used to tweak her game and fix her lame uber-aggressive play which is obviously not going as well as she would like.

Arnian
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:18 PM
This is just awful news :(

narutos
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:28 PM
Keep believing Henin came back for wrong reasons.

n1_and_uh_noone
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:29 PM
Should give the haters plenty of fodder to chew on. Go on, gloat all you want, call for her retirement, you miserable trolls.

Really tough luck for Justine, and I think she wants to take her time to make sure she returns fully fit and ready to go, she is not young any more, her body needs more maintenance and she is still figuring things out regarding her training team and how best to prepare physically.

Good luck to her. I hope she returns strong and avoids any further injury.

Inger67
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:30 PM
That's why she lost the match against Kim then :(

Belmont Lad
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:32 PM
Tough luck for Henin. Hopefully a speedy recovery.

debby
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:38 PM
-If she isn't sick of tennis, why isn't she playing ? Why isn't she playing anything after the AO open ? Why is she barely playing any tennis this year ? She loves winning, but she HATES losing.

-You don't take months off if you want to reenter the game. After a 2 year break you need match-practice, especially if you want to do a new playing style.

-Ehhmm, She is scared of being injured, that's what i want to say.

I give up with you. Who likes to lose matchs ? You are stupid, really. But Justine never played many tournaments when getting older, because she wants to avoid any injuries. You must be dumb not to understand that :lol:
After her loss to Serena at the AO, she was still happy to be back on the tour... :tape:

And why don't you say the same about Serena Williams or Kim Clijsters who play even less tournaments than Justine? Geez/

- She was/is injured.

sweetpeas
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:41 PM
Get well Justine!

buckyohare
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:45 PM
I give up with you. Who likes to lose matchs ? You are stupid, really. But Justine never played many tournaments when getting older, because she wants to avoid any injuries. You must be dumb not to understand that :lol:
After her loss to Serena at the AO, she was still happy to be back on the tour... :tape:

And why don't you say the same about Serena Williams or Kim Clijsters who play even less tournaments than Justine? Geez/

- She was/is injured.

It's ok to hate losing matches, but it's not to stay away from tournaments after every loss.
She took not playing matches to an extreme this year

thrust
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:57 PM
:bigcry: :sobbing: How unfair !!!!!! Why why why?
Don't retire again, you will be injury free in 2011 :sobbing:

Terrible news for Justine fans, but it sort of explains why she was taking unnecessary risks on second serve returns against Kim. If the injury is just from the fall, which it probably is, she may be back. If tennis contributed to the injury, she will probably retire. I am afraid her body is no longer up to the rigors of professional tennis. Hopefully, I am wrong.

KClijsters
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:58 PM
That's why she lost the match against Kim then :(

Yes ofcourse. If Justine wasn't injured, Kim would never have won..
Get well soon Justine!

doooma6816
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:00 PM
It's ok to hate losing matches, but it's not to stay away from tournaments after every loss.
She took not playing matches to an extreme this year.

Kim Clijsters and Serena Williams could die for all I care.

You are really stupid. She has really bad luck this year, broken finger, elbow injury, sick, bad draw, bad shedule at RG...so since AO she hasn't been fit...

I hope 2011 will be her best year.

swim4life227
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:01 PM
I was looking forward to that exho too :( I was excited that it was getting so much hype.

bandabou
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:12 PM
The fall looked nasty on tv. Hmmm...not good.

And I hope my fellow Williams-fans won't go so low to rejoice on Juju's injury. Our camp has had some tough time herself with injuries and really don't wish that to ANY camp. Yeah, Juju did somethings in the past..but that's soooo old now.

°°°VaMoS RaFa°°°
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:13 PM
Get well as sooon as possible Justine... I have still hope for the US-Open, it's long time until then. but i am really sad about this news =(

homogenius
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:15 PM
You are really stupid. She has really bad luck this year, broken finger, elbow injury, sick, bad draw, bad shedule at RG...so since AO she hasn't been fit...

I hope 2011 will be her best year.

To fire her medical staff just before the FO was a retarded decision.She has been working with them for years and seeing her play at the FO and since then it's clear she's not prepared enough.
Bad/inadequate preparation to play 2 slams back to back on 2 different surfaces, stupid decions made that she's probably regretting already, confusing choices of style of play, obvious lack on confidence on court...Hardly bad luck.I don't know if it's because she was expecting better results after her good start of the year or for some other unkown reason, but it looks like Justine is a bit lost atm.

cecilija
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:18 PM
To fire her medical staff just before the FO was a retarded decision.She has been working with them for years and seeing her play at the FO and since then it's clear she's not prepared enough.

That's why she fired them. She has a pro team from the Belgian Olympic Committee around her now.

Kitten63
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:20 PM
Justine :sad:

Get well soon :hug:

cn ireland
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:22 PM
I'm not a fan but its a shame that she'll be out for the next few months.

homogenius
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:33 PM
That's why she fired them. She has a pro team from the Belgian Olympic Committee around her now.

From what I read here and there it's not that simple but anyway, even if the consequences are bad, it's not the worse thing happening to her atm imho.She's struggling mentally for whatever reason.She started the year rejuvenated after a long break, supposedly full of motivation etc...and look at her now : she can't decide how she wants to play, experienced some bad chokes this year, and is allez-ing after opponents UEs like a desperate wannabe.Definitely not a serene Justine out there.

debby
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:34 PM

And I hope my fellow Williams-fans won't go so low to rejoice on Juju's injury. Our camp has had some tough time herself with injuries and really don't wish that to ANY camp. Yeah, Juju did somethings in the past..but that's soooo old now.

:hug: Thanks.

Even the Belgians wrote some nasty things on belgian websites. Can't believe they think Justine is faking her injury or even looking for excuses because when it's about Kimmie injured, they wish her the best. Disgusting.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs071.ash2/36902_131227096911879_100000737695556_209134_82419 95_n.jpg

Oh and she maybe even won't play the rest of the season.

DragonFlame
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:56 PM

She´s missing the usopen, she said so herself on her facebook. ´This injury will keep me away from the courts during a rough period of 2 months with the consequence the withdrawal of my US round included Us Open.´

So basically it sucks for us all. I doubt she will even play in the fall. :(

Sean.
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:00 PM
Yes ofcourse. If Justine wasn't injured, Kim would never have won..
Get well soon Justine!

He didn't mean that. Kim was the better player on the day so deserved to win. She may still have won even if Justine wasn't injured.

I said it in Justine's forum after the match, but didn't post here because I'd have just been accused of making excuses for Justine's loss. But after that fall, Justine's groundstrokes rarely made it past the service line. I think she was feeling it.

Still, I take nothing away from Kim.

Get well soon Juju. :sad:

shega
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:16 PM
The injury of my nightmares...hope she recovers cuz it shouldn't end like this !

Wintermute
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:17 PM
This totally sucks. I was excited to see what Justine could offer on US hard courts. Hope she mends up quickly.

Julian
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:18 PM
aww what a shame.

Not the comeback Justine was hoping..hope she can get better quickly and challenge the top again for Grand Slams!

lizchris
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:18 PM
I just got a breaking news text alret from the Tennis Channel and it is official; she will miss the US Open, which means she will miss the entire summer hardoucrt season in North America.

That is too bad; I wanted to see her get into the top ten.

DualMedia
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:19 PM
lol! I think she is going to retire again! btw, get well!

VishaalMaria
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:28 PM
I just KNEW something was up when she just went away against Kim in their Wimbledon match.

Knew it.

Speedy recover for Justine, as always. It's REALLY a shame she won't play the U.S Open.

VishaalMaria
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:31 PM
:hug: Thanks.

Even the Belgians wrote some nasty things on belgian websites. Can't believe they think Justine is faking her injury or even looking for excuses because when it's about Kimmie injured, they wish her the best. Disgusting.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs071.ash2/36902_131227096911879_100000737695556_209134_82419 95_n.jpg

Oh and she maybe even won't play the rest of the season.

The rule is, the more you win the more haters you have. You should know that by now.

cecilija
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:32 PM
From what I read here and there it's not that simple but anyway, even if the consequences are bad, it's not the worse thing happening to her atm imho.She's struggling mentally for whatever reason.She started the year rejuvenated after a long break, supposedly full of motivation etc...and look at her now : she can't decide how she wants to play, experienced some bad chokes this year, and is allez-ing after opponents UEs like a desperate wannabe.Definitely not a serene Justine out there.

She is not physically prepared. At the beginning of the year she was still fresh and pain free. Then after Australia she was all sore. She can't recuperate as well as before and lacks stamina. That's why she experienced a host of injuries this year. She played Miami infiltrated because of a hip injury. Then she got sick after Stuttgart and hardly trained for weeks according to her.
She is breathing heavily after every point ala Djokovic. Grunting loudly even from the start of the match. She can't rally etc.

vejh
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:52 PM
Which other WTA player had ligament injury??

I think Vera had torn ligaments in her ankle, no?? Did she need surgery?

I just really want her not to retire again so soon after coming back. What horrid luck..on the grass of Wimbledon.

Aaron.
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:59 PM

And her goal is 2011, not 2010, she says that it is a transition year, that she was obviously sad about Wimbledon, but she will keep working harder and harder to win, to improve... She is a competitor and a huge champion, she knows how to overcome these tough losses : check 2006, check Bartoli's loss in 2007 (Justine was devastated, she was nearly in tears during the press conference) and went on a 32 winning streak. :rolleyes:No reason to bad rep me because I thought the poster's post was funny. Lol get over yourself Henin is done, stop making yourself look stupid.

debby
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:01 PM
No reason to bad rep me because I thought the poster's post was funny. Lol get over yourself Henin is done, stop making yourself look stupid.

:lol: Calm down. At least, I am classy enough not to talk thrash on you on the board. Anyway, I am not surprised given what you have been writing here for years.

Midnight_Robber
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:04 PM
Same here Veerror same here. I told my partner (who missed part of the match) all about the fall and the injury time-out, and really I did not like the way that she used her arm to protect herself. It looked very awkward. But at least it goes some way to explaining why she faded so badly and dramatically in that match - especially since I'd tipped her to win it. :) Yes, I also agree that she has other problems with her game - but come on. Playing with a torn ligament wouldn't exactly be fun. :rolleyes:

Speedy recovery Juju.

tennisbum79
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:04 PM
The rule is, the more you win the more haters you have. You should know that by now.
It is nice for you to say that.

I had been wondering why everyone was after Serena.
The way she win, her serve is not fair to other palyers.

Tell me.
I have long ssuspected that there was a divide between Justine and Kim fans, following the regional fault line in Belgium.
Is that the case and will this exacerbate the situation?

tennisbum79
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:06 PM
She´s missing the usopen, she said so herself on her facebook. ´This injury will keep me away from the courts during a rough period of 2 months with the consequence the withdrawal of my US round included Us Open.´

So basically it sucks for us all. I doubt she will even play in the fall. :(
Maybe it is too early to say

I bet she will be at the USO

Aaron.
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:06 PM
:lol: Calm down. At least, I am classy enough not to talk thrash on you on the board. Anyway, I am not surprised given what you have been writing here for years. Lol at you being classy? I believe the rep comment said "Get a Fucking Life" If thats being classy then great job :yeah: :spit:

You should find out what classy means. kthanks

debby
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:08 PM
Maybe it is too early to say

I bet she will be at the USO

No, she withdrew from the US Open, it's official. She doesn't even know if she will play the fall season.
If she was not sure about the US Open, she would have withdrawn at the last minute, not now. So it smells bad. :sad:

Lol at you being classy? I believe the rep comment said "Get a Fucking Life" If thats being classy then great job :yeah: :spit:

You should find out what classy means. kthanks

If you have some problems with me, then send me some PM instead of talking about it on TF because nobody cares about us really.

Aaron.
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:10 PM
No, she withdrew from the US Open, it's official. She doesn't even know if she will play the fall season.
If she was not sure about the US Open, she would have withdrawn at the last minute, not now. So it smells bad. :sad:

If you have some problems with me, then send me some PM instead of talking about it on TF because nobody cares about us really. No I dont have a problem with you. :shrug: I just felt you were being really immature for giving me a bad rep over something stupid like that but whatever. And It's funny how you think your so "Classy" or whatever. But your a Henin fan so :tape:

tennisbum79
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:13 PM
If she was not sure about the US Open, she would have withdrawn at the last minute, not now. So it smells bad. :sad:.
Wow!! It must be really serious.
This is a major setback for her "second career".

I knew it would be hard to get to her peak fitness level, but not something like this.

Gdsimmons
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:15 PM
Damn thats too bad for Justine.....

debby
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:20 PM
No I dont have a problem with you. :shrug: I just felt you were being really immature for giving me a bad rep over something stupid like that but whatever. And It's funny how you think your so "Classy" or whatever. But your a Henin fan so :tape:

Yes, it is so mature to laugh at an injured player. Whatever, I am done with you.

Yes, Tennisbum, it's really serious. :sad: Bummed for Justine. I hope she won't retire again if she keeps getting injured, because she retired because of a knee injury then a lack of motivation.

http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/21039329.jpg

Libertango
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:30 PM
Get well soon Justine. :) :hug:

mykarma
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:35 PM

Personally I hate it that Justine is injured but Williams fans are individuals that can think and make decisions for themselves just like any other fan base.

mykarma
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:39 PM
But Justine hasn't been winning all that much.

RenaSlam.
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:39 PM
Is that from the fall at Wimbledon? Or has this been an ongoing issue?

Step to it. Bye Enna.

tennisbum79
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/images2007/buttons/lastpost.gif (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=18089534#post18089534)

Personally I hate it that Justine is injured but Williams fans are individuals that can think and make decisions for themselves just like any other fan base.

I agree.

I think WS fans are more independent than given credit for.

But I understand bandabou's concern.
bandabou, if you scan the posts, Justine has gotten lots of sympathy from WS fans.
This is obviously a diffult time for her in her quest for a comeback.

Roookie
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:43 PM
Justine :sad: get well soon :hug:

debby
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:45 PM
But Justine hasn't been winning all that much.

7 slams ;)

Step to it. Bye Enna.

Her fall.

I hope your "bye Enna" is not a "Farewell Enna" :sad:

HRHoliviasmith

Step to it. Bye Enna.

:haha:

Roookie
:haha:

what's so funny? :rolleyes:

HRHoliviasmith
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:49 PM
what's so funny? :rolleyes:

what I bolded and quoted....duh. :rolleyes:

mdterp01
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:51 PM
its a shame what steroids do a body. capriati, pierce, now henin all broken down

:eek:

Aaron.
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:56 PM
its a shame what steroids do a body. capriati, pierce, now henin all broken down Are you serious :lol:

thrust
Jul 1st, 2010, 11:01 PM
Are you serious :lol:

NO, that asshole is just a bitter rotten hater.

hurricanejeanne
Jul 1st, 2010, 11:13 PM
Juju :awww::awww::awww:

Speedy recovery Ms Allez. :hug:

Slutati
Jul 1st, 2010, 11:17 PM
Oh noes...

LudwigDvorak
Jul 1st, 2010, 11:18 PM
If she goes 2011 without winning a slam I can't see any reasons for her to really stay on tour. I think she wasn't really expecting to win a slam this year, but really just to set herself up for a strong 2011.

It just isn't going right for her. I don't know how many more losses to her main rivals she is willing to swallow before she calls it quits again.

tennisphilia
Jul 1st, 2010, 11:45 PM
If she goes 2011 without winning a slam I can't see any reasons for her to really stay on tour.

Well, HINGIS was #1 for a couple of years without winning a Slam and she had every reason to stay on tour. Even if HENIN doesn't win another Grand Slam - she's very consistent and will still be able to reach #1.

mr_burns
Jul 1st, 2010, 11:58 PM
not a fan, but was so nice to have her back, hope not a retirement again

Keegan
Jul 2nd, 2010, 12:01 AM
Gosh that's awful! Poor Justine! I'm not a fan but jeez that sounds painful. The fall looked incredibly painful. I wish her a speedy recovery!

ElusiveChanteuse
Jul 2nd, 2010, 12:03 AM
Ju :(

50Sense
Jul 2nd, 2010, 12:05 AM
Serena will replace Justine at the exo, according to ESPN.com

Edit: already posted.

Michael.
Jul 2nd, 2010, 12:11 AM
:hug:

tennisbum79
Jul 2nd, 2010, 12:24 AM
Well, HINGIS was #1 for a couple of years without winning a Slam and she had every reason to stay on tour. Even if HENIN doesn't win another Grand Slam - she's very consistent and will still be able to reach #1.
The 2 palyers come back very for different reasons and goals.

While Hingis came back because she misses tennis, Henin came back to Wimbledon.
According to her, she got the bug after seeing Federer win RG.
And she thought, she can Wimbledon, hence the comeback campain started.

It is just me, but I don't see Justine sticking around if she does not win a GS.
She is goals driven, she is not just the kind of person who would thrivs w/o a specific goal to work toward to.
But I could be wrong.

goldenlox
Jul 2nd, 2010, 12:31 AM
That is too bad. Justine won the USO last time she played it.
Kim won it last year.
Could have had both playing that exo, then trying to win 14 straight in NY

Get well soon

Ferg
Jul 2nd, 2010, 12:36 AM
holy shit. :eek:

ZODIAC
Jul 2nd, 2010, 12:41 AM
I've just changed it. :sad:

She loves Montreal, her godfather lives there, and she likes the US Open more and more (she said it in 2007) even if it will never be her favourite Slam. She always played the hardcourt seasons barring injuries.I love Montreal too:hearts:very good nightlife o la la,the peoplein Montreal know how to have fun:hearts:its one of the two only europeanlike cities in North America:bounce:love love Montreal and Quebec City

kiwialicat
Jul 2nd, 2010, 01:39 AM
It's absolutely terrible when top players miss slams because of injuries. This year we have had Kim out of RG, Elena out of Wimbledon and now Justine out of USO.

If ever this was a FML moment for Justine. Please, please get well soon.

Plus this is going to really fuck things up next year Re: rankings and draws. She'll have to make her way back up into the top 10.

lightningquick
Jul 2nd, 2010, 02:12 AM
Injury...Share
Today at 4:22pm
Dear all,
Following my fall at Wimbledon tournament in 8th final, I took several medical examinations that have revealed a ligament partial fracture at the right elbow. Therefore, I regret to announce you that I can’t unfortunately play in Best of Belgium this July 8th. I’ll be nevertheless present for this wonderful Belgian event which is important for me.
This injury will keep me away from the courts during a rough period of 2 months with the consequence the withdrawal of my US round included Us Open.
In 4 weeks, I’ll take complementary medical examinations that will give me certainty about the end of this season.
I really thank you for your understanding and your support.
Justine

her post in FB :sad:

Miranda
Jul 2nd, 2010, 02:32 AM
get well soon, I am sure that she will be back soon:kiss:

Serenita
Jul 2nd, 2010, 02:38 AM

Au!

mykarma
Jul 2nd, 2010, 02:49 AM
7 slams ;)

Her fall.

I hope your "bye Enna" is not a "Farewell Enna" :sad:
How many slams has Justine won since her retirement? Don't take to long to answer because she might be retiring soon.

mykarma
Jul 2nd, 2010, 02:51 AM
If she goes 2011 without winning a slam I can't see any reasons for her to really stay on tour. I think she wasn't really expecting to win a slam this year, but really just to set herself up for a strong 2011.

It just isn't going right for her. I don't know how many more losses to her main rivals she is willing to swallow before she calls it quits again.
So you think when she made the press conference letting the world know that she came back to win Wimbledon she was talking about 2011 Wimbledon?

choi15
Jul 2nd, 2010, 03:19 AM
So you think when she made the press conference letting the world know that she came back to win Wimbledon she was talking about 2011 Wimbledon?

I agree with Lud actually. I don't think she returned this year expecting to be shoe-in for any slam. I certainly didn't, and for the exception of the hardcore juju fans, I doubt anyone really did, realistically.

I do however feel that she wasn't expecting 2010 to go downhill as much as it has with injuries and such. Even I was suprised. I expected her to get deep in most tourny's and esp grandslams.

2011 will be the year all eyes will be on justine. Her 2010 test of her new game plan and 2nd career "comeback" will be behind her. IMO, IF she doesn't get results ppl expect of her, or she expects of herself, I don't see her on tour for long.

slamchamp
Jul 2nd, 2010, 03:24 AM
she surely wants more slams:shrug: I don't see her retiring anytime soon

SAEKeithSerena
Jul 2nd, 2010, 03:28 AM
no comment.

mykarma
Jul 2nd, 2010, 03:32 AM
I agree with Lud actually. I don't think she returned this year expecting to be shoe-in for any slam. I certainly didn't, and for the exception of the hardcore juju fans, I doubt anyone really did, realistically.

I do however feel that she wasn't expecting 2010 to go downhill as much as it has with injuries and such. Even I was suprised. I expected her to get deep in most tourny's and esp grandslams.

2011 will be the year all eyes will be on justine. Her 2010 test of her new game plan and 2nd career "comeback" will be behins her. IMO, IF she doesn't get results ppl expect of her, or she expects of herself, I don't see her on tour for long.
I'm sure she didn't think it would be as tough as it is especially considering how Kim came back and won the U.S. Open. Because of Kim's success I think Justine and her fans had false expectations. if she thought it was going to be this tough I doubt if she would have returned until she was in better shape or perhaps she wouldn't have returned at all.

choi15
Jul 2nd, 2010, 03:41 AM
I'm sure she didn't think it would be as tough as it is especially considering how Kim came back and won the U.S. Open. Because of Kim's success I think Justine and her fans had false expectations. if she thought it was going to be this tough I doubt if she would have returned until she was in better shape or perhaps she wouldn't have returned at all.

I thought justine was already prepping for a comeback before Kim's run at the USO :confused:? Maybe I'm confusing that with someone else. But in any case, after she won it, it more likely than not, entered Justine's mind and what she could achieve.

I'm still reserving my judgement until 2011 season.

thegreendestiny
Jul 2nd, 2010, 03:44 AM
hmmm, must be some herpes treatment. :shrug:

Hayato
Jul 2nd, 2010, 03:50 AM
The title of this thread is very dramatic...i'm sorry to hear Justine is injured but what will she miss? She'll probably only miss Budapest/Bastad/Palermo/Prague/Portoroz/Bad Gastein/Stanford/Istanbul...judging from her schedule this year I doubt she would have played any of them anyway :shrug:

kiwialicat
Jul 2nd, 2010, 03:53 AM
The title of this thread is very dramatic...i'm sorry to hear Justine is injured but what will she miss? She'll probably only miss Budapest/Bastad/Palermo/Prague/Portoroz/Bad Gastein/Stanford/Istanbul...judging from her schedule this year I doubt she would have played any of them anyway :shrug:

Errrr...USO?

Hayato
Jul 2nd, 2010, 03:59 AM
Errrr...USO?

Oh. Forgot about that one. Not. :p I'm sure she'll be back by then:p Correct me if i'm wrong but she hasn't been injured for many months at a time in her career. Probably we will be seeing her back in action for the big American hardcourt swing, which I would have expected anyway.

kiwialicat
Jul 2nd, 2010, 04:05 AM
Oh. Forgot about that one. Not. :p I'm sure she'll be back by then:p Correct me if i'm wrong but she hasn't been injured for many months at a time in her career. Probably we will be seeing her back in action for the big American hardcourt swing, which I would have expected anyway.

She has def pulled out of USO. So really, earliest she can play will be September. Exactly what the thread title says. If there was anyway she could have played USO, logically she wouldn't withdraw until last minute.

She was sick most of 04. Has had a chronic shoulder injury. I'm sure there are more examples.

n1_and_uh_noone
Jul 2nd, 2010, 04:18 AM
Oh. Forgot about that one. Not. :p I'm sure she'll be back by then:p Correct me if i'm wrong but she hasn't been injured for many months at a time in her career.

Missed in 2004 : claycourt season before RG, between RG and Olympics, after USO
Missed in 2005 : upto Miami, after USO

HippityHop
Jul 2nd, 2010, 04:22 AM

2011 will be the year all eyes will be on justine. Her 2010 test of her new game plan and 2nd career "comeback" will be behind her. IMO, IF she doesn't get results ppl expect of her, or she expects of herself, I don't see her on tour for long.

She got pretty deep at AO.

mdterp01
Jul 2nd, 2010, 04:27 AM
Well...I think she saw Kim's comeback and thought that since she was the better player pre retirement that she would be able to come back and have instant success the way she did. She came back and certainly proved that she is still a very good player, but Justine was great minus the last 6 months before she retired. She was dominant and confident and I think this "transition" stuff is just changing the yard stick because she didn't have the instant success Kim did. I wonder with the injury now and the lack of picking up a major this year if she has any inkling of regret that she came back. And...if she doesn't pick up a major in 2011, her legacy diminishes in my opinion.

Dandy_Warhol
Jul 2nd, 2010, 04:28 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/34exqh1.jpg

CAN'T. DEAL. WITH. THIS. RIGHT. NOW. UGH.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jul 2nd, 2010, 05:24 AM
So sorry for Justine and her fan. I know what it's like when your favorite player is out due to injury. I hope she recovers soon, she'll work hard and be back by 2011. Just bad luck I suppose. Wish you the best Justine, never was a fan but this is really awful news.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 2nd, 2010, 05:44 AM
JuJu :hug: Get better asap :bounce:

kittyking
Jul 2nd, 2010, 05:46 AM
Theres some suggestion that she has played her last tournament... I'm not a huge fan of hers, but its pretty sad to hear :sad:

strictennis
Jul 2nd, 2010, 06:16 AM
Bye!

tennisphilia
Jul 2nd, 2010, 06:17 AM
Too bad for Henin's comeback. I was thinking she'd be in the top 8 by the end of this year so she'll start next year without playing top players in the early rounds of Grand Slams.

Dandy_Warhol
Jul 2nd, 2010, 06:19 AM
So sorry for Justine and her fan. I know what it's like when your favorite player is out due to injury. I hope she recovers soon, she'll work hard and be back by 2011. Just bad luck I suppose. Wish you the best Justine, never was a fan but this is really awful news.

k i love you right now:kiss:
http://i39.tinypic.com/2hmmzk0.jpg

Theres some suggestion that she has played her last tournament... I'm not a huge fan of hers, but its pretty sad to hear :sad:

http://i47.tinypic.com/2yx2mif.jpg
you're breaking my heart....

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jul 2nd, 2010, 06:35 AM
k i love you right now:kiss:
http://i39.tinypic.com/2hmmzk0.jpg

:hug: :lol:

No worries. It's never good to hear news like this, regardless of who it is. Justine is a champion and she'll be back, just be patient. Never stop believing.

Dandy_Warhol
Jul 2nd, 2010, 06:38 AM
:hug: :lol:

No worries. It's never good to hear news like this, regardless of who it is. Justine is a champion and she'll be back, just be patient. Never stop believing.

decent, legit, stunning, fair, etc. TF user/tennis fan :yeah:

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 2nd, 2010, 06:40 AM
Not even close to a fan, but this news sucks.

Comiserations to her fans.

ampers&
Jul 2nd, 2010, 06:47 AM
Not even close to a fan, but this news sucks.

Comiserations to her fans.
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/mj_not_sure.gif

Cabomba
Jul 2nd, 2010, 07:07 AM
Poor Justine! I hope she gets well soon pls! This is devastating news!

claypova
Jul 2nd, 2010, 07:47 AM
get well soon :sobbing:

she has to come back soon, tennis needs her.

Kampi
Jul 2nd, 2010, 07:59 AM
That's really not good to hear:eek::sad:. Wish you a speedy recovery Justine.:hug:

LudwigDvorak
Jul 2nd, 2010, 08:06 AM

Justine is coming back pretty much completely retooling her strategy and technique. Plus, her game naturally have a very sensitive balance due to all the nuances and variety that she possesses.

Clijsters came back playing more or less the same game just with a more aggressive mindset. Her success should come quicker, but maybe not winning a slam 3 tournaments in.

I really don't think Justine expected to win a major in 2011. She got to the Australian Open F really on the qualities of a champion and being able to summon her best when backed against the wall.

2010 was meant to fine temper her gameplan. See what was working, what was not working and get a solid ranking and match play to set herself up for 2011. 2011 will be the make or break year for her definitely.

Morning Morgan
Jul 2nd, 2010, 08:36 AM
Henin is indeed out of the US open

http://www.facebook.com/#!/notes/justine-henin-official-page/injury/411332204305 (http://www.facebook.com/#%21/notes/justine-henin-official-page/injury/411332204305)

Dear all,
Following my fall at Wimbledon tournament in 8th final, I took several medical examinations that have revealed a ligament partial fracture at the right elbow. Therefore, I regret to announce you that I can’t unfortunately play in Best of Belgium this July 8th. I’ll be nevertheless present for this wonderful Belgian event which is important for me.
This injury will keep me away from the courts during a rough period of 2 months with the consequence the withdrawal of my US round included Us Open.
In 4 weeks, I’ll take complementary medical examinations that will give me certainty about the end of this season.
Justine

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 2nd, 2010, 08:38 AM
Henin is indeed out of the US open

http://www.facebook.com/#!/notes/justine-henin-official-page/injury/411332204305 (http://www.facebook.com/#%21/notes/justine-henin-official-page/injury/411332204305)

Dear all,
Justine

Such a shame :hug:

Danni John
Jul 2nd, 2010, 08:39 AM
Poor Justine

StephenUK
Jul 2nd, 2010, 08:54 AM
Awful news but at least it explains why her form dipped during her loss to Kim. It is a shame that she will miss the US Open series as it will harm the prospects of her getting back to the top 10 this year. I hope that she recovers soon and plays better than ever on her return.

Joe.
Jul 2nd, 2010, 10:33 AM
I'm probably her number one hater but I don't wish injuries on anyone....see you in september Justine.

Reptilia
Jul 2nd, 2010, 11:38 AM
ahh that sucks and its annoying that she misses out on all those points. She needs to be top 10

The Witch-king
Jul 2nd, 2010, 11:40 AM
old age :sad:

Get well soon JUJU

Dinayer
Jul 2nd, 2010, 01:00 PM
:sad: :sad:

Serendy Willick
Jul 2nd, 2010, 02:03 PM
Sorry to hear that.

cellophane
Jul 2nd, 2010, 02:04 PM
Awful news... get better soon

danieln1
Jul 2nd, 2010, 02:49 PM
Even though I don´t like her, it´s really bad she got injured, she just returned this year to the tour... hopefully she can play in the US Open...

serenafan08
Jul 2nd, 2010, 02:51 PM
Geesh...this is what caused she and Kim to retire in the first place - too many injuries. Now they both will have missed significant time in their comebacks because of nagging injuries. Sorry to hear that. Rest up and get healthy Justine!

Olórin
Jul 2nd, 2010, 02:52 PM
Very bad luck. Would be such a shame for her to miss the Open three years in a row.

treufreund
Jul 2nd, 2010, 05:04 PM
well this just really sucks but at least now we know why her level dropped off during that match. I think the pain and mental anxiety both really hurt her game.