PDA

View Full Version : Serena: "I feel I have nothing to lose going into the final"

spiceboy
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:53 PM
Wtf?

MegaDethly
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:54 PM
What? She never was the intelligent one.

doni1212
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:54 PM
That's what she always says and it usually works, :devil:

new-york
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:55 PM
Great mindset.

Lucemferre
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:55 PM
Mods please give a warning to this loser or ban him.Keeps posting consistent negative threads about both Williams,I lost count.

Serenus Christ
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:56 PM

LOL I just spat all over my laptop

ZODIAC
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:57 PM
SHE HAS NOTHING TO LOSE,she is rich healthy,no1 player in singles and doubles,been there done that has more GS titles than any player on tour....hell yeah she will get at least more $700 000 win or lose.
eat your heart out SPICEBOY

Mightymirza
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:58 PM
:lol:

Diesel
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:59 PM

Just the more intelligent and better one on court as results keep on showing.

tennisbum79
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:00 PM
She has everything to lose.
She is just palying mind game with Vera, whose nerve have been uncharacterisically unshakeable so far.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:00 PM

:awww: I know....poor her, she got stuck with the talent and major titles. DAMN!

tennnisfannn
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:01 PM
Perhaps it is you minus the intelligence. serena said she and vera both had nothing to lose which is very true- they have everything to gain though- a title. At its worst she is a RP at best a title holder.

mboyle
I hate this expression. If you have the possibility to win the match, then you have the possibility to lose; ergo, you have something you can lose. Ultimately, it does not matter too much in the grand scheme of life, but that fact is true for every player. Perhaps Serena has already proven herself, in which case she thinks she has nothing to lose, but, at this point, she is making a run for the Evert/Nav/Graf pantheon, and winning Wimbledon for a fourth time would help her a lot in that regard.

BuTtErFrEnA

he's still bitter over the queen of grass' defeat to pironkova and a chance for sarin to pull further ahead saturday :lol:

spiceboy
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:02 PM
Mods please give a warning to this loser or ban him.Keeps posting consistent negative threads about both Williams,I lost count.

Your response is way more melodramatic than my thread is negative. Buy a dildo and relax, honey :wavey:

Gdsimmons
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:03 PM
Wow. Its like certain people on here are like 8. And when someone they dont like says or does something, they nitpick and whine about it. I thought we were all mature adults. Hmm guess not

Caralenko
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:03 PM
Your response is way more melodramatic than my thread is negative. Buy a dildo and relax, honey :wavey:

When did "Honey" come back in? SOMEBODY GET THAT SHIT BACK OUT, IT HAS NO PLACE HERE.

azinna
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:04 PM
She has to say this as a first step to believing it and playing a bit more freely. She's aware of the history she could be making and so she's playing tight tennis off the ground, it may be affect her serve now. So she's taking pressure off herself, as many -- including Graf and Sampras and Nadal and Federer -- have done. Surely you guys have watched enough tennis to understand this.

V-MAC
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:05 PM

And right on cue you are the first one to respond with the dig back at Vee:rolls:

Donny
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:05 PM

*dumps first serves into net due to horrible technique*

*refuses to back up on return, botches all her returns*

*loses to journeywomen at slams*

*has "tennis brains"*

Yea... I'm kinda glad Serena's the "dumb" one.

ZODIAC
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:06 PM
:lol::tape:

mauresmofan
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:07 PM
She's being uber PC and for lack of another word fake in these interviews - she knows she has this in the bag last round she was saying I'm just happy to have made the semis - like the semis was what she came to do here at Wimbledon. I didn't expect to get this far - hello what????????? Now Zvonareva will be tough but Serena doesn't enter Slams to make up the numbers. I assume she already called the engravers after the quarters and told them S. Williams 2010 just to save them some time!

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:08 PM

Bitter much? :lol:

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:11 PM
The sisters aren't not known for their candor so what's the novelty in posting a thread like this?

Nicolás89
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:12 PM
She also said she didn't think she would even get to the semifinals. :confused:

Diesel
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:13 PM
And right on cue you are the first one to respond with the dig back at Vee:rolls:

Vee fans keeping track of what Serena fans say is :cuckoo:

Diesel
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:14 PM
he's still bitter over the queen of grass' defeat to pironkova and a chance for sarin to pull further ahead saturday :lol:

It's a trip. I want to say he'll get over it... but he won't.

V-MAC
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:14 PM
Vee fans keeping track of what Serena fans say is :cuckoo:

well it seems a lot of your posts in GM that I see are taking cheap shots at Vee so it makes you quite memorable for her fans:shrug:

OneSlamWonder
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:16 PM
Well she is completely right. She will not lose the Wimbledon Champion status nor No.1 place. Why making threads about obvious things? Ok maybe she will have to give some bagels or breadsticks to Vera.:devil:

Ryan
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:18 PM
I dont think she has anything to lose.

She's not facing a big rival, someone close to her in the rankings, Slam titles, etc. If she loses it will be a shock, but wont end her career or dominance or anything. It will mean a ton for Vera, but its not like Serena's in her last slam final ever (most likely).

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:22 PM
who she kidding :happy:

harloo
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:24 PM
Well she is completely right. She will not lose the Wimbledon Champion status nor No.1 place. Why making threads about obvious things? Ok maybe she will have to give some bagels or breadsticks to Vera.:devil:

You know the mods should really crack down on trolls starting these threads. Their is NOTHING controversial about her making this statement. All players say it at one point in time during their careers. SMH

Thanx4nothin
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:30 PM
She also said she didn't expect to get this far because she felt she had been 'off' all tournament. And tbh, her ground game has been off, I keep WAITING for her to put a Jesusrena performance in, and it hasn't come yet, she just seems to constantly hit just long down the middle or roll that forehand into the top of the net....perhaps she'll bring better for the final.

This match isn't AS lopsided as tennis pundits seem to believe. I mean, yes the experience is overwhelmingly in Serena's favour, but on form, there isn't anything separating them, with the exception of Serena's serve.

Interesting to hear Pam say Serena's serve would be looked back on as the greatest shot in the history of the women's game, I agree totally with that sentiment. However, Serena had her worst serving match of the tournament perhaps today, for me anyway....she needs to bring better for the final.

JJ Expres
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:39 PM
:awww: I know....poor her, she got stuck with the talent and major titles. DAMN!

why you comment his post?that kind of people are feeding with comments like yours...

and ofc serena has nothing to lose she is champion no matter what...

Mrs. Peel
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:40 PM

Of the two Venus is my girl, but seriously, Venus was a disgrace this tournament and displayed no intelligence whatsoever in her playing and was responsible for blowing their bid for the doubles GS. Venus got embarrassed by some nobody in the QF. Serena has the intelligence and fight to get herself to a GS final even though she is not playing well. She may be playing uninspired but she's not going to let herself get outclassed and embarrassed like Venus, and it pains me to say that.

Monirena Wiles
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:40 PM
what does she have to lose? she is keeping her ranking so that is not at risk. her legacy does not depend on this result. it is not like winning wimbledon is missing from her resume. she has the pressure of being the favorite, but she does not have anything to lose, she is right.

simonsaystennis
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:43 PM
She doesn't. She's already won this title and has a lock on number 1. Does she want to win? Yes. Will she fight for it like crazy? Yes. But will this ruin her career or season to lose this? No.

She's saying this, as others have pointed out, to play loosely and take pressure off herself. Really, she should try and place all the pressure on Zvonareva. We all know what a little pressure/tension does to her...

Ryan
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:08 PM
How about you report things like this? Sometimes Mods miss things! And I guarantee none of us would be cool with those type of topics.

spiceboy
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:51 PM
You know the mods should really crack down on trolls starting these threads. Their is NOTHING controversial about her making this statement. All players say it at one point in time during their careers. SMH

Yeah, especially #1 players playing a player out of the top 20 in their first GS final :lol:

Serena, your modesty sounds so fake, almost as fake as Venus' indulgent smile at the net when shaking hands :yawn:

That's my opinion, does it make me a troll, a racist or trash as some people just called me? :rolleyes:

Zamboni
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:00 PM
How about you report things like this? Sometimes Mods miss things! And I guarantee none of us would be cool with those type of topics.
That.
Now, enough fighting.