mdterp01
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:50 PM
:banana:

Caralenko
Thanks for the jinx.

homogenius
By playing like she did ? Sorry but no, just no.

Vanity Bonfire
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:51 PM
:lol: With that kind of a performance?

*dead*

doni1212
I wasn't impressed with her play but hey...she's in the final!!!
Keep it up!

azinna
Not yet...not by a country mile...
The best I can say about this match is that Serena had to lean on -- and work through -- other parts of her game. Hopefully she can relax around her ground game, get her body and feet working in tandem....

Valanga
um. Petra self-destruction saves wimbledon, I would put it this way

jimbo mack
Thank god, serena and vera beat the pretenders

Serenus Christ
was venus even watching :o

LudwigDvorak
Serena's groundstrokes are completely dilapated no matter what her fans say. Only wish she could have been this bad last year.

Vanity Bonfire
You could also at least spell Kvitova's name right:rolleyes:

serenafan08
Yeah she got outplayed and still won; her experience pulled her through this one. Not the best performance but hey we'll take it.

Just Do It
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:52 PM
:banana:

Belmont Lad
Error riddled, but entertaining match. Serena's experience pulled her through. Hopefully Vera will be able to give Serena a good match in the final.

Caralenko
Who the fuck is "Piktova"? :spit:

Serenita
http://i47.tinypic.com/14mg6a.png

:sobbing: :sobbing:

iGOAT
Piktova???????

Now that the ratings for the final have been saved, and the tournament and WTA have too, please beat her Vera!

Polikarpov
You know the match was bad when the only good thing Serena did was her curtsy/wave.

John.
Serena :cheer: Take the title

I like Kvitova's game, but the bark is so annoying :help:

tennisbum79
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:53 PM
I wasn't impressed with her play but hey...she's in the final!!!
Keep it up!
Thanks to NBC, I did not see it.

Have to wait 7 more minutes now

mckyle.
Serena hit some "lucky shots" :lol: :rolls:

It will be interesting to see if she can finally win Wimbledon by beating someone other than Venus. She's been playing so awful too, so who knows what will happen.

LudwigDvorak
She has been outplayed and pushed back all tournament. It is too bad Zvonareva will crumble under the occasion. Serena is ripe for the picking if someone can make her play rallies.

Marionated
Oh Petra, you had your chances :hug:

Bad match. Hoping for a somewhat decent final.

hurricanejeanne
Serena's experience won today. Thank god. But her strokes are really touch and go right now.

Petra should have a good summer, if she has found some overall consistency.

Daruma.
I just wonder how she saves Wimbledon and WTA by playing like this. :rolleyes:

maddogz48
Marched into the finals without dropping a set.
Excellent job Serena. :)

Now beat up Vera and make her cry. :lol:

abemor
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/1282/bwaaark.png

helio_c
CurtsyReena :hearts:

Valanga
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:54 PM
Some of the pics here are just :lol:

Lulu.
Congrats Serena! :)

She will need to improve her ground game for the final. :yeah:

oleada
I thought no one could beat Kvitova, not even Serena. I mean, that's Piotr said :scared:

Expected from Serena, but kudos to Kvitova for a great tournament.

LUVMIRZA
I hope Vera wins Wimbledon. That will be awesome.

Roookie
Woeful match...Serena's ground game HOT MESS :tape:....Kvitova shrieks and wild errors :help:

Imperfect Angel
Serena :cheer: Still enough to beat Petra in straights.:cheer:

Vikapower
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:55 PM
Kvitova really brought it to Serena and she has gained some respect from my side, she wasn't afraid. Unfortunately sometimes she really swings too much which results into devastating errors in key moments. Like her net play and tactics on return of serve. As for Serena once again her serve saved her arse because she was outplayed in every department.

bandabou
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:56 PM
She has been outplayed and pushed back all tournament. It is too bad Zvonareva will crumble under the occasion. Serena is ripe for the picking if someone can make her play rallies.

Arew u STILL going on with this?! :lol: Serena hit only 8 aces and still won pretty easily. Sooo..:shrug:

gmokb
NEVER IN DOUBT.:bounce::bounce: Now its REVENGE time:devil:

Valanga
Kvitova really brought it to Serena and she has gained some respect from my side. Unfortunately sometimes she really swings too much which results into devastating errors in key moments. Like her net play and tactics on return of serve. As for Serena once again her serve saved her arse because her pusher performance doesn't deserve a final.

Honey Serena is a pusher?

Gdsimmons
Whew that match wasnt easy nor pretty. But a win is a win. Into her 3rd straight final.

tennisbum79
Entertaining match. Hopefully Vera will be able to give Serena a good match in the final.
Another poster said Serena did not play well.

Since NBC block ESPN from showing the match I did not see it.

Any difference between both sets?

homogenius
The performance of Karlovicena deserves no comment.

As for Kvitova : she was in control of most of the rallies and outplaying Serena but with more experience she would know not to blow her chances like she did in the first.So many unecessary error while serena was doing nothing with the ball...She still fought after the loss of the first but failed on the big points.She showed why she got to the SF but still a lot of work to do.

Renalicious
Ew Serena gurl fix your groundstrokes. :sobbing:

M.P
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:57 PM
PIKTOVA..who??
what a netcard on match point :rolleyes:

Petra..keep going see you top 20 at the end of the year please:bounce:

hurricanejeanne
http://i47.tinypic.com/14mg6a.png

:sobbing: :sobbing:

:hysteric:

Serenita

:lol::bowdown:

VIKA?
:yawn:

Good tournament Petra:hug:

SoClose
Well done Serena!!! :yeah:

helio_c
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:58 PM
Petra's heavy tennis reminds me of Dina. I miss her :(

LudwigDvorak

She pushed all match. In almost every rally it was clearly in Petra's hands. ESPN showed her rally points 80% behind the baseline. Kvitova was 50% INSIDE the baseline.

ptkten
Another poster said Serena did not play well.

Since NBC block ESPN from showing the match I did not see it.

Any difference between both sets?

No Serena was terrible the whole match. Again, only her serve and experience got her through. I've never seen Serena play so poorly off the ground.

BuTtErFrEnA
outhit and our rallied and still wins...wow :lol:

bandabou
Kvitova really brought it to Serena and she has gained some respect from my side, she wasn't afraid. Unfortunately sometimes she really swings too much which results into devastating errors in key moments. Like her net play and tactics on return of serve. As for Serena once again her serve saved her arse because she was outplayed in every department.

:nerner: Haterssss!!! Still :hysteric::sobbing:

:secret: Tennis match starts with the serve! :wavey:

Sally Todd
You could also at least spell Kvitova's name right:rolleyes:

Seriously.

Great tournament for Petra and the first set here was high caliber,

I hope she can build on this because she has a fine game.

All this talk about saving the WTA is so annoying and condescending.

Great serving by the best server in the history if women's tennis. Her game will never look as beautiful on grass as her sister's, but she's headed for another title.

le bon vivant
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:59 PM
Is everyone here still mad? I guess Serena is the only person in the history of tennis to push through a draw by competing well, even if shes not playing her best

Xcwd_Nz6Zog

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv58/YodaSongz/GIFS/Geisha.gif

mdterp01

:rolls: :haha: :sobbing:

Vikapower
She was obliged to push under Kvitova's very flat hard down the middle strokes. I've never seen in slow mo a player hit so much balls unbalanced and on the back foot as Serena. I'm sorry the truth hurts. :kiss:

noamgdi
:cheer:
hoping she will win the title

Mightymirza
Kvitova was just in the zone a lot of times.. Serena did the right thing.. Was solid and waited until the storm weathered :shrug:

mdterp01
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:00 PM
Serena won playing a C- game. STEP!!! She will be ready for the final!!

Diesel
Great tournament for Petra. Another slam final for Serena. Bring it on home Serena :clap2:

Valanga
She pushed all match. In almost every rally it was clearly in Petra's hands. ESPN showed her rally points 80% behind the baseline. Kvitova was 50% INSIDE the baseline.

Honey, hitting 17 winners is not pushing.

SoClose
Is everyone here still mad? I guess Serena is the only person in the history of tennis to push through a draw by competing well, even if shes not playing her best

Xcwd_Nz6Zog

:yeah:

bandabou
:haha: Abolish the serve! It's illegal to hold your service games!

Serena was terrible off the ground..but again, when it was important...it was all three.

bbjpa
As usual , only wins due to aces, unreturnable services and unforced errors of the opponent :rolleyes:

Petra can be proud of her wimbledon and not ashamed of losing a semi-final against an ATP serve player

Caralenko

Me too :tears:

If Chrono says "Honey" one more time, he'll be seeing the bad end of a bad rep.

Mrs. Peel
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:01 PM
outhit and our rallied and still wins...wow :lol:

in straight sets :lol::lol: and only 7 aces.

Luckyrena :tape::rolleyes:

Belmont Lad
No Serena was terrible the whole match. Again, only her serve and experience got her through. I've never seen Serena play so poorly off the ground.

I still thought it was a competitive and entertaining match. :shrug:

Vikapower
Arew u STILL going on with this?! :lol: Serena hit only 8 aces and still won pretty easily. Sooo..:shrug:
Easily ? :lol: You surely didn't see the match. Please dowload it, watch it and reconsider your comment. Thanks.

mckyle.

Xcwd_Nz6Zog

If we're going to criticize Roddick for it, we gotta criticize Babygirl. It's only fair.

J.Bravo
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:02 PM
Serena got through whether it was pretty or not!
She played a controlled match, even if she was being outhit.
That's smart tennis.
Petra has a future she reminds me of Safina though.

Lulu.
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:02 PM
Serena won playing a C- game.

She really did. I don't I've ever seen her so terrible off the ground.

Gordo718
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:03 PM

ESPN was showing the match afterall? :eek: Or are you talking about like a sportscenter highlights type of thing?

Donny
If we're going to criticize Roddick for it, we gotta criticize Babygirl. It's only fair.

How often does Roddick break his opponents three times in two sets in the semis of a major?

Valanga
She was obliged to push under Kvitova's very flat hard down the middle strokes. I've never seen in slow mo a player hit so much balls unbalanced and on the back foot as Serena. I'm sorry the truth hurts. :kiss:

Nah. Truth is Kvitova is a UE-Express. Even Serena's playing the worst match of Wimbly 2010 so far (she tried to be aggressive but all went to the net) and she couldn't capitalize it - all UEs handed the break at 4*-3. UE and DF to give Serena a double break. It's not serena's problem, it's petra. She's still young and she could definitely improve.

le bon vivant

If Chrono says "Honey" one more time, he'll be seeing the bad end of a bad rep.hehe!

supergrunt
Serena :D !

Vikapower
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:04 PM
Are you serious ? I've already seen matches where Woniacki has pushed with 10+ winners. Serena hit less winners than the stats indicates. 17-8=9 winners that's what Serena hit in 2 tight sets. :wavey:

bandabou
Easily ? :lol: You surely didn't see the match. Please dowload it, watch it and reconsider your comment. Thanks.

She was tested in the 1st set..but that was it. Heck, she didn't even face a bp since 2-4 in the 1st. Sooo..

Valanga

If Chrono says "Honey" one more time, he'll be seeing the bad end of a bad rep.

why :sobbing:

HRHoliviasmith
Serena!!!! :bigclap:

Kvitova :hug: nice effort.

LudwigDvorak

Wozniacki has finished matches with this many winners. Most of those winners were because Petra is a slower player and the other half were set up off of a huge serve.

tennisbum79
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:05 PM
As usual , only wins due to aces, unreturnable services and unforced errors of the opponent :rolleyes:

Petra can be proud of her wimbledon and not ashamed of losing a semi-final against an ATP serve player
When you're gona get off this nonsense?

Mrs. Peel
She really did. I don't I've ever seen her so terrible off the ground.

She didn't have to bring her best to beat Kvitova in straights. :worship:

She's going to have to bring more against Vera though!

LudwigDvorak
ESPN was showing the match afterall? :eek: Or are you talking about like a sportscenter highlights type of thing?

I meant BBC.

le bon vivant
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:07 PM
If we're going to criticize Roddick for it, we gotta criticize Babygirl. It's only fair.No no no Elle Bee
Roddick doesn't compete as well or fight as hard as Serena. This board should be congratulating Serena for how well she is competing, despite the fact that shes obviously struggling off the ground. Henin is never doing it, Venus is never doing it, Maria is never doing it.
But they cant see past their own bitterness and desire for her to lose.

Pureracket
Serena had 19 errors and 14 unforced errors. I'm, seriously, wondering why you all kept saying Serena played poorly. Kvitova had 24 errors and 20 unforced errors. Unless Wimbledon's stats are off, both women did well. People rarely have more winners than Serena does.

Zweli
Well done Ree
Now take the title

slamchamp
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:08 PM
Don't you mean Serena's serve def Kvitova? Seriously thank god for her she went to practise her serve after RG, cause if not she wouldn't be in the final

Daruma.
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:09 PM
Serena had 19 errors and 14 unforced errors. I'm, seriously, wondering why you all kept saying Serena played poorly. Kvitova had 24 errors and 20 unforced errors. Unless Wimbledon's stats are off, both women did well. People rarely have more winners than Serena does.

Tennis is not about only UEs or winners. Serena's groundstrokes were off today. Nothing special.

Valanga
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:10 PM
:confused:?

Sp!ffy
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:11 PM
Kvitova :hug:

Dominic
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:11 PM
Kvitova choking a couple times and then sucking really bad in the second set.

moby
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:12 PM
From what I've seen, unless Serena buys a ground game, Vera will rout her in a majority of the rallies. Vera's ground game has been arguably the best this tournament, with it's mix of depth and accuracy (and more power than I expected), and helped by her ability to play at net.

Unfortunately, Vera isn't the best returner or the best server... So I doubt we will see too many rallies.

ZODIAC
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:12 PM
Serena played good enough to win but Kvitova also played great and can be dangerous for any player.
well done Serena keep on giving the haters the finger!!!

ZODIAC
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:13 PM
Vera will try but will not win

Vikapower
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:14 PM
She was tested in the 1st set..but that was it. Heck, she didn't even face a bp since 2-4 in the 1st. Sooo..
Yes but Kvitova had long time gone away. Things got played in the first set where at 3-4 Serena, Kvitova had an easy FH putaway and missed it badly. She also had the break but just couldn't keep her shots in to save her life. Her inexperience got the best of her in that match.

matty
Somehow I can't believe that all the past greats never went into Grand slam quarters, semi's and finals playing perfectly with all aspects of their game perfectly on. Serena has certainly not played every match poorly and error ridden--what's all this crying about?

Vikapower
:nerner: Haterssss!!! Still :hysteric::sobbing:
:secret: Tennis match starts with the serve! :wavey:
Serena is a lucky bastard. She doesn't have good technic, often outplayed but with luck, her name and the opponents nerves or inexperience she gets the win.

IceSkaTennisFan
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:15 PM
A win is a win :p Serena's won playing well and won playing blah. She could work on her groundies, but she's earned an off tournament here or there. How many players could be off their games and make it to the Wimbledon final?

Gordo718
Don't you mean Serena's serve def Kvitova? Seriously thank god for her she went to practise her serve after RG, cause if not she wouldn't be in the final

Maybe, but I think had her serve deserted her, than she would have been forced to play better off of the ground. She's certainly capable.

jefrilibra
YESSSS SERENA!!!!

Get #13 on Saturday!!!:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Gdsimmons
Somehow I can't believe that all the past greats never went into Grand slam quarters, semi's and finals playing perfectly with all aspects of their game perfectly on. Serena has certainly not played every match poorly and error ridden--what's all this crying about?

Haters.

homogenius
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:16 PM

It's just that a lot of people have been complaining about "no names" reaching the latter stages of the slams but it happened that the only player who embarrassed the wta today was Serena.The 3 others played according to their respective ranking and/or level, maybe even better, while Serena as the n°1 player in the world was just :o to watch.It's one thing to get outplayed here and there but not being able to find an answer and only waiting for Kvitova to self destruct is not what I expect from a n°1 player.

rucolo
Well done, Serena!:worship:

Kvitova was a tough opponent.
Nice fight back from 2-4 in set 1.:yeah:

Wimbledon Final!:hearts:

swim4life227
From what I've seen, unless Serena buys a ground game, Vera will rout her in a majority of the rallies. Vera's ground game has been arguably the best this tournament, with it's mix of depth and accuracy (and more power than I expected), and helped by her ability to play at net.

Unfortunately, Vera isn't the best returner or the best server... So I doubt we will see too many rallies.

Vera will get tight at least in one service game, and that is enough to take the title. Nothing super human or brilliant like we've seen when Serena has made other finals, but she's still there and a huge favorite.

Diesel
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:17 PM
Serena is a lucky bastard. She doesn't have good technic, often outplayed but with luck, her name and the opponents nerves or inexperience she gets the win.

Gosh, with all this, it's a perfect package. If Serena ever gets technique and studies tennis, she'll be a great champion for sure!!!! I guess she hasn't done anything yet. I can't wait to see Serena when she's playing real tennis :woohoo:

Mrs. Peel
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:19 PM

They are upset that she didn't lose. That is all that this is about. The arguments just don't make sense.

The Witch-king
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:19 PM
Serena's groundstrokes ....... where are they???

Anyway keep it in the family, babes.

Avid Merrion
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:20 PM
Congrats Serena, that wasn't pretty to watch but it's another Wimbledon final and in the end that's what matters :yeah:

Good luck on Saturday! :kiss: :D

Lulu.
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:21 PM
They are upset that she didn't lose. That is all that this is about.

THIS.

matty
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:21 PM
Gosh, with all this, it's a perfect package. If Serena ever gets technique and studies tennis, she'll be a great champion for sure!!!! I guess she hasn't done anything yet. I can't wait to see Serena when she's playing real tennis :woohoo:

:lol: good one!

MegaDethly
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:22 PM
Fuck it.

tennisbum79
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:23 PM
Serena's groundstrokes ....... where are they???

Anyway keep it in the family, babes.
I did not see the match.

I am just curious.
If she palys so poorly off the ground(sa many posters have said) , how did she break Kvitova in the 2nd set?
Was Kvitova playing poorly in the 2nd set?

jefrilibra
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:23 PM
Some of you haters in this thread wish your goddamn favs win 7-6 6-2 in a Wimbledon semifinal match!!!! :tape:

MegaDethly
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:24 PM
A serve and her opponents chokes. That is why Serena is in the final. Nothing else. Nothing. Her volleys are shit, her groundstrokes are shit.

KBdoubleu
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:24 PM
Serena's groundstrokes are completely dilapated no matter what her fans say. Only wish she could have been this bad last year.

Yeah, no one would say that her groundstrokes are "dilapated" because that's not a word.

Anyway, congrats to Serena. On to her sixth Wimbledon final. Zvonareva could be tough, but hopefully she'll come through.

matty
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:25 PM
:hearts: Congrats, Serena! :hearts:

starin
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:26 PM
:worship: Serena. G'luck in the finals.
I am so glad the finals is not Pironkova v. Kvitova. that would have been horrible.

le bon vivant
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:27 PM
Load it, reload it and lets go
:dance:

tennisbum79
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:28 PM
:worship: Serena. G'luck in the finals.
I am so glad the finals is not Pironkova v. Kvitova. that would have been horrible.
The final was not ovanized.
There were 3 ovas in the semi

starin
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:31 PM
No no no Elle Bee
Roddick doesn't compete as well or fight as hard as Serena. This board should be congratulating Serena for how well she is competing, despite the fact that shes obviously struggling off the ground. Henin is never doing it, Venus is never doing it, Maria is never doing it.
But they cant see past their own bitterness and desire for her to lose.

i think a certain poster is still a wee bit bitter about Wimbly 2009.
get ovre it people Dementieva was never going to win that slam. She is venus' perpetual biatch and was going to get pwned in that final.

The Witch-king
I did not see the match.

I am just curious.
If she palys so poorly off the ground(sa many posters have said) , how did she break Kvitova in the 2nd set?

Serena got the breaks on Kvitova's errors. The whole match was error strewn really. Funnily enough, I thought she started our very well of the ground.

Serena can play SO much better than she has this tournament. Thank Jesus for the serve.

Serendy Willick
A serve and her opponents chokes. That is why Serena is in the final. Nothing else. Nothing. Her volleys are shit, her groundstrokes are shit.
The only person that played like shit was Venus. Being stomped by an opponent that didnt even make the finals. Not only that but giving a piss poor effort in the doubles which cost them a chance at the calender slam.:rolleyes: These stupid double standards are hillarious let Henin or Hingis play this SAME type of match, and you will be hearing "they are playing such smart tennis, they are letting the oponents kill themselves.:rolleyes::rolleyes:. GO Serena please give them a heart attack on Saturday.

Serenita
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:32 PM
i think a certain poster is still a wee bit bitter about Wimbly 2009.
get ovre it people Dementieva was never going to win that slam. She is venus' perpetual biatch and was going to get pwned in that final.

Truth

bbjpa
I did not see the match.

I am just curious.

Kvitova made bad UE and DF at crucial moments on 2nd set that's why I was saying Serena only wons because of her 1st service and opponent errors that's the truth no one can deny it. Also in the first set Petra had a 5-3 gp and wasted it :tape: , on the tie-break she made 2 bad errors on her first 2 serves :sad:

The Witch-king
The only person that played like shit was Venus. Being stomped by an opponent that didnt even make the finals. Not only that but giving a piss poor effort in the doubles which cost them a chance at the calender slam.:rolleyes: These stupid double standards are hillarious let Henin or Hingis play this SAME type of match, and you will be hearing "they are playing such smart tennis, they are letting the oponents kill themselves.:rolleyes::rolleyes:. GO Serena please give them a heart attack on Saturday.

And you had to attack Venus for what reason??:rolleyes:

Vikapower
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:35 PM
Serena got the breaks on Kvitova's errors. The whole match was error strewn really. Funnily enough, I thought she started our very well of the ground. Serena can play SO much better than she has this tournament. Thank Jesus for the serve.

They are upset that she didn't lose. That is all that this is about. The arguments just don't make sense.
I'm tired of Serenz at Wimbledon because she have nothing special on grass than just a serve. The day Serena's serve will be off on grass she'll not even make it pass 2nd week with the mediocre back court tennis she's been playing.

The Witch-king
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:40 PM
I'm tired of the Williamses at Wimbledon because they have nothing special on grass than just a serve. The day Serena's serve will be off on grass she'll not even make it pass 2nd week with the mediocre back court tennis she's been playing.

You don't seriously believe that do you?:wavey:

Just because Serena has been playing like shit of the ground these past two weeks does not mean she has done it her whole career. She was quite good off the ground last year and the year before. But this year :eek:

She said after the match to BBC that she's surprised to be in the final because she's been feeling off since the first match, and it shows.

tennisbum79
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:41 PM
Kvitova made bad UE and DF at crucial moments on 2nd set that's why I was saying Serena only wons because of her 1st service and opponent errors that's the truth no one can deny it. Also in the first set Petra had a 5-3 gp and wasted it :tape: , on the tie-break she made 2 bad errors on her first 2 serves :sad:

I understand that Serena did not play well in this match, and that is a concern.
On the other hand you could say it is a mark of champion to play so poorly and still win

As for your contention that she won because of her serve, you would have credibility with me if you only said for this match.

But you and other have been pushing this line for few rounds now. Even in rounds where hse played well.
Let's be real. It seems what you want is to take away Serena best shot, her serve.
You don't like Serena winning, and you're putting this smoke screen

That is nonsense.

Bijoux0021
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:42 PM
I'm tired of Serenz at Wimbledon because she have nothing special on grass than just a serve. The day Serena's serve will be off on grass she'll not even make it pass 2nd week with the mediocre back court tennis she's been playing.
Keep hope alive, Hater!

Serenita
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:51 PM

Bla bla bla

Serena is trashing her contemporaries, teaching them a much needed lesson in staying power and fighting spirit. So try to trash talk all u want but there is only one goat this Generation and that's SERENA WILLIAMS.

Get no 13 Serena take it!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce:

http://i41.tinypic.com/2w7ls08.jpg

Comebacksova
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:58 PM
That girl was quite impressive. At least she gave Serena run for her money than the past 2 opponents. :o
BTW I hope Serena raises her bars on Saturday. If she was so bad like today, Zvonareva will got a chance and it's gonna be...:help:

timafi
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:59 PM
never in doubt:yawn::yawn::shrug::shrug::lol::lol::lol:

Libertango
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:00 PM
:shrug: I also thought Serena wasn't that great; sometimes she's just a mess at the baseline and so many times she was off balance, had bad court positioning etc. Yet she also hit some good shots, obviously served well and fought for everything.

swim4life227
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:01 PM
That girl was quite impressive. At least she gave Serena run for her money than the past 2 opponents. :o
BTW I hope Serena raises her bars on Saturday. If she was so bad like today, Zvonareva will got a chance and it's gonna be...:help:

Vera wasn't that impressive today either, she dropped a set in what I would consider a lesser opponent.

winone23
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:02 PM
congrtas Serena!!!!!!!! The Williams legacy lives

HRHoliviasmith
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:12 PM

:lol:

HRHoliviasmith
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:18 PM

me three. :sad:

Slutati
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:21 PM
Get that slam #13 babygurl. :cheer::cheer::cheer:

IceSkaTennisFan
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:21 PM
Yeah, no one would say that her groundstrokes are "dilapated" because that's not a word.
:worship:

Sexysova
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:22 PM
that was a really bad match :tape:

congrats Serena tho :yeah:

great tournament Petra, keep improving :hug:

HRHoliviasmith
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:24 PM

truth! ESPECIALLY bolded part. :worship:

Hian
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:24 PM
Petra has a nice play, so... Serena saved Wimby...?

HRHoliviasmith
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:27 PM

:lol:

bandabou
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:31 PM
It's just that a lot of people have been complaining about "no names" reaching the latter stages of the slams but it happened that the only player who embarrassed the wta today was Serena.The 3 others played according to their respective ranking and/or level, maybe even better, while Serena as the n°1 player in the world was just :o to watch.It's one thing to get outplayed here and there but not being able to find an answer and only waiting for Kvitova to self destruct is not what I expect from a n°1 player.

:haha: :nerner: Outplayed? It was dead even in the 1st set and then 6-2 in the second..GSM. How's that outplayed?

Only because Serena didn't go for 20=strokes rallies? You guys are sad.

bandabou
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:31 PM
Yes but Kvitova had long time gone away. Things got played in the first set where at 3-4 Serena, Kvitova had an easy FH putaway and missed it badly. She also had the break but just couldn't keep her shots in to save her life. Her inexperience got the best of her in that match.

And this is Serena's problem how?

HRHoliviasmith
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:36 PM
Get that slam #13 babygurl. :cheer::cheer::cheer:

:cheer::cheer::cheer: :hearts:

bandabou
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:38 PM

:nerner: :sobbing: STILL bitter? Get over it...you can't just take the serve out of the equation. What'd Steffi be without her forehand?

Everybody needs a weapon and Serena's the strongest weapon out there, maybe ever.

Renee
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:39 PM
Congrats, Serena. :bounce::bounce:

Derek.
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:45 PM
Serena. :yeah:

AnDrEi.b
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:58 PM
Take the title !

ZODIAC
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:05 PM
kVITOVA PLAYED BETTER THAN SAFINA EVER DID IN 09,SHE MADE SERENA WORK...SO FAR THE BEST gs semis of the year...very competitive

manu32
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:07 PM
some haters are giving to Serena the best compliment.....she played bad and won in straights sets...so the opponent was a nobody and an awful player?? tht's not serena's problem but kvitova's if she can't play tennis .
congrats serena for all ...
Li na was a better match by far and a silent one...
Tennis players need mental strength and brain...
Congrats to Venus vs Federer for not bashing your winner and all the others players too..what a fake girl!

manu32
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:09 PM
and win the tourny, Serena anf if you could play poor it will be better.....

Serendy Willick
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:14 PM
And you had to attack Venus for what reason??:rolleyes:
Because I am sick and tired of the whine and cheese on this board. Serena Williams deserves to be in the finals because she has played the best throughout this tournement. The serve is an important part of a players game and instead of encouraging your faves to PRACTICE it like Serena does, you go and trash someone that does. Instead of jumpin on Serenas tail about having a good serve, how about asking where where was Kim Clijsters A game?, or where was Justine "I'm gonna be better than I was before I retired" Henin new serve?, or better yet where was Venus 5 time winning championship level? Serena has played some stiff competition and deserves to be in the final so get over it.

eshell
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:16 PM
I'm slightly surprised by all the negativity in this thread. We have seen many good players who played in bad form at this tournament and they lost! Serena played efficiently today, if not beautifully, against a left-handed player. The spins were different from what the ladies have seen lately at this stage in a Grand Slam. The opponent played tough for one set by forcing the action and playing "big babe tennis". However, the opponent played in her first Grand Slam semifinal. We have all seen players crack under that pressure. I, for one, will applaud her ability to fight, her serving skills, and her defensive skills. She tracked down a lot of balls.

toxina90
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:34 PM
Petra won plenty net points, so much for brainless ballbasher :rolleyes:

eshell
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:37 PM
Who accused Petra of brainless ballbashing? I certainly didn't. Unlike others, "big babe tennis" is not a insult from me. When the women hit powerfully and consistently with attacking all court games, I find it quite beautiful! That includes volleying, serving, defending, transition from defense to offense, attacking...

2Black
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:50 PM
Serena was smart - CONTROLLED AGGRESSION!!!

volta
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:58 PM
take it :rocker2:

NeoZod19
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:08 PM
too bad for Kvit!! :(

HippityHop
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:11 PM
At least order has been partially restored.

Arnian
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:21 PM
Never thought I'd be happy Serena was winning another major but thankfully she will keep some scrub from winning.

jdtennisusa
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:27 PM

What a very crude (not to mention rude) assessment of Serena's game--your hatred of Serena shines right through.

At the end of the day, the win is all that matters. Serena will have an opportunity to raise her level in the final round.

Kvitova's inexperience, nerves, etc. didn't keep her from beating the likes of Safina, Azarenka, Zheng or Wozniacki.

By the way, ever heard the expression, "Luck is the residue of hard work"?

I hope Serena wins her 13th grand slam title on Saturday so that you and your ilk can continue to gripe about Serena's poor technique, luck, etc.

It sounds like 13 is a lucky number!

omoruyi
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:31 PM
i just wanna congratulate both players on a very good if not great match. :bigclap:
also, i loved Kvitovas game(i had never seen her before today). im a fan now...also, her 'bark' is awesome & has been overstated. :lol: its just cute, not a bother at all!

Serena was Serena, very focused from the jump today.
Oh, & all the blatant Serena bashing in this thread is pathetic ~ :help:

anybody wanna talk about her(kvitova) upside!? her game is quite beautiful imo...i agree with mcenroe that she could be a slightly more agile sharapova type'. even if she never shows up again, the talent is there(like so many before her) but her temperment seemed pretty good for the circumstances, tho shes not a teen any longer.

darrinbaker00
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:34 PM
Yeah she got outplayed and still won; her experience pulled her through this one. Not the best performance but hey we'll take it.
If Serena had gotten outplayed, the chair umpire would have said, "Game, set, match, Miss Kvitova." That didn't happen.

le bon vivant
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:35 PM
Never thought I'd be happy Serena was winning another major but thankfully she will keep some scrub from winning.OMG you are so damn fake!
http://i46.tinypic.com/aay63r.jpg
:haha:

JN
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:42 PM
Who the fuck is "Piktova"? :spit:

Hey, once you've played one ova you've played 'em all. :weirdo:

doooma6816
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:49 PM
Bad performance from Serena...
Hope Vera beat her, but for sure she will choke against Serena.

JN
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:54 PM
Some of the pics here are just :lol:

Yeah, and especially that one you have stressing Jankovic's "unique" facial structure. :haha:

Diesel
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:56 PM
Bad performance from Serena...
Hope Vera beat her, but for sure she will choke against Serena.

Or the impossible, Serena could beat her :shrug:

It's happened before that Serena beats an opponent by outplaying them.

JN
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:01 PM

Right, were it not for serve she would never have got those 3 breaks, huh? :lol:

ce
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:13 PM
:dance:

Calypso
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:16 PM
Good job Serena! Petra played well and you were consistent when it mattered most. Get that 13th Slam!

Comentators had different pronunciations for 'Kvitova':lol:.

cn ireland
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:27 PM
Congrats Serena:)!!

Well done to Petra for making it competitive, I was really impressed with her;)!

And that point at 4-2 (30-40) in the 2nd set was amazing:yeah:

Calypso
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:29 PM
Congrats Serena:)!!

Well done to Petra for making it competitive, I was really impressed with her;)!

And that point at 4-2 (30-40) in the 2nd set was amazing:yeah:

The 19 shot rally:D!

Arnian
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:31 PM
OMG you are so damn fake!

it's better than some scrub winning, at least its better for her to win to protect the integrity of the sport :shrug:

bandabou
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:37 PM
Right, were it not for serve she would never have got those 3 breaks, huh? :lol:

:haha: :rolls: Haters..still :sobbing:

JN
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:41 PM

Her points are seven and six! Win!

P.S. Read 'em in cadence like a limerick. :D

Bijoux0021
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:45 PM
OMG you are so damn fake!
Tell me about about it. Arnian is as fake as a 3 dollar bill. :o

JN
Jul 1st, 2010, 08:59 PM
Because I am sick and tired of the whine and cheese on this board. Serena Williams deserves to be in the finals because she has played the best throughout this tournement. The serve is an important part of a players game and instead of encouraging your faves to PRACTICE it like Serena does, you go and trash someone that does. Instead of jumpin on Serenas tail about having a good serve, how about asking where where was Kim Clijsters A game?, or where was Justine "I'm gonna be better than I was before I retired" Henin new serve?, or better yet where was Venus 5 time winning championship level? Serena has played some stiff competition and deserves to be in the final so get over it.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Vikapower
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:02 PM
What a very crude (not to mention rude) assessment of Serena's game--your hatred of Serena shines right through.

At the end of the day, the win is all that matters. Serena will have an opportunity to raise her level in the final round.

Kvitova's inexperience, nerves, etc. didn't keep her from beating the likes of Safina, Azarenka, Zheng or Wozniacki.

By the way, ever heard the expression, "Luck is the residue of hard work"?

I hope Serena wins her 13th grand slam title on Saturday so that you and your ilk can continue to gripe about Serena's poor technique, luck, etc.
What makes you think I'm hating ? :shryg: The problem is all people care about the win but the 'how' doesn't matter most. People are quick to jump on certain players when the manner isn't there e.g Caroline but when it's Serena only the win counts. Think of that. ;) Serena didn't show nothing against Petra that she deserved to be in the finals.

The definition of a pusher is waiting for the opponents errors well I saw the match and Serena's strategy was clearly to push. I would never call her a pusher which would have no sens but she served well and waited for the errors. :shrug:

Vika is a hard worker and she never gets the luck you're speaking about. :shrug:

:confused: Were it not for Petra's errors Serena would have never gotten any type of breaks I'm surprised you're trying to deny that. That clearly wasn't Serena's best match in terms of returns of serve and if you can't return you get no break unless if you push for the errors like Serena did.

:nerner: :sobbing: STILL bitter? Get over it...you can't just take the serve out of the equation. What'd Steffi be without her forehand? Everybody needs a weapon and Serena's the strongest weapon out there, maybe ever.
The problem with Serena is that she only has one shot technically sound but the rest of her game doesn't credit her supposed greatness. Just watch slow motions between Steffi and Serena, the first is poetry in action the other is a beast. I'm not hating just observing. :angel:

Serena kind of reminds me of Fernando Gonzales, just a forehand and guess what I don't like his style of play either so why would I change my mind for Serena ?

The huge difference between Serena and girls like Arantxa Rus or Julia Görges they are all technically challenged but Serena has such willingness for the ball to go in that it finally goes in and that's one thing to learn from her. So for the younger players if you're tehnic isn't sound like Kimmie's or Lindsey just very very strongly believe it will go in and miraculously it will.

And this is Serena's problem how?
It is her problem since she feels that she couldn't hit any sort of winners from the backcourt and that her access to the finals depended on if Petra could actually put shots in when it counted. Jimmy Arias on ESPN2 said the same, Serena likes to feel that matches depends of her level of play clearly in that match she couldn't get her level from E to A+ so she relied on what Petra wasn't going to do which is put the shots in when it counted the most equals pushing. :shrug:

Elwin.
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:02 PM
Serena :yeah: Well done!

nadlinds
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:19 PM
Well done Serena :)

Your serve saved you :bounce:

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:24 PM
Congrats Serena :yeah: Decent win!

Good luck in the final :hug:

Ntosake
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:40 PM
Congrats Serena! Stay focused and take the title.

Good run, Kvitova.

Gdsimmons
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:52 PM
Serena is awesome. For the love of WTA please take the title

JN
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:54 PM
ME SERVERENA! ME KILL WITH SERVE! EVEN WHEN ME DONT ACE, ME SERVE TO HARD FOR GOOD RETURN! ROOOOOOAAAAR! :rolleyes:

WOW! Who'd a thunk there'd be so many people who speak Whinese and Bitchiguese in one thread? :scratch:

Drake1980
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:55 PM
:bounce:

matty
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:10 PM
The definition of a pusher is waiting for the opponents errors well I saw the match and Serena's strategy was clearly to push. I would never call her (Serena)a pusher which would have no sens but she served well and waited for the errors. :shrug:

Kvitova had Serena pinned down and on the back foot half the time because she was hitting deep and with great force--Serena wasn't trying to push--she was just taken off guard and couldn't put any balls away. Sometimes heavy hitters (Kleybanova) can run out of steam and then start making errors. I missed the second set, so I'm not sure if this is what happened to Kvitova, but it wouldn't surprise me--she's a big girlr and it takes a lot of enery to move that 6'1" frame around.

matty
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:20 PM
Just watch slow motions between Steffi and Serena, the first is poetry in action the other is a beast. I'm not hating just observing.

A beast? Peculiar way to describe Serena. The definition of a beast is an animal other than a human. I don't know if you know this, but that sounds rather racist. What a strange way for you to describe her forehand. Why not just say her forehand is technically ugly compared to Steffi's?

JN
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:36 PM
A beast? Peculiar way to describe Serena. The definition of a beast is an animal other than a human. I don't know if you know this, but that sounds rather racist. What a strange way for you to describe her forehand. Why not just say her forehand is technically ugly compared to Steffi's?

Because that wouldn't sound bigoted/ignorant enough.

RenaSlam.
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:42 PM
LOL @ those bitching about Serena's form, despite being far and away the best server/player this tournament even if her groundstrokes haven't been on point.

STEP TO #13.

cogent53
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:53 PM
A very entertaining pair of matches today. So often the semis are hugely disappointing. I didn't think Serena played that badly at all. Her serve is just unbelievably good right now and gives her such an advantage, however I was very impressed with Petra. Not at all over awed and some truly magnificent volleys and touch play! Of course, she's not 62 in teh world for nothing, and the big points were the difference. Serena played the important ones so well, the result was not really seriously in doubt, you just wondered how hard she would have to work to win.

Kudos to Petra, she didn't give it away, well, maybe a little in the last couple of games, but she kept it tight for the majority of the match and has to get a huge boost from this tournament. 6-0 sets against Wozniacki and Azarenka, taking Serena to a tie break and being the first to break her serve.
Her lefty serve was effective and I liked how agile she is for a 6 footer. Will she fade away into the 30-40 rankings or will she make the breakthrough now and be a regular top 20 player?

Serena is pure class. I am not a fan, but you have to admire what a champion she is.

Vikapower
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:53 PM
You got me wrong we're not talking person here so what's up with all that ? :sad: Ok here's a better image for you it's just like wine, French wine compared to other wines. It comes at a point where one is better than the others in mouth. Steffi's Beaujolais is more tasteful than Serena's from the US ? :shrug:

Serena doesn't have a textbook forehand but the will that she has makes the ball go in now in terms of esthetics Serena's FH isn't top 5 and surely not in front Lindsey, Steffi, Ana, Kim bar follow through, Sabine and some others.

Kvitova had Serena pinned down and on the back foot half the time because she was hitting deep and with great force--Serena wasn't trying to push--she was just taken off guard and couldn't put any balls away. Sometimes heavy hitters (Kleybanova) can run out of steam and then start making errors. I missed the second set, so I'm not sure if this is what happened to Kvitova, but it wouldn't surprise me--she's a big girlr and it takes a lot of enery to move that 6'1" frame around.
Look I'm sure Kim Clijsters would be pleased to play Kvitova anytime, any surface because Kimmie's sound technic and fast movement willn't bother her to play Petra. That's not Serena's case. Without movement how can you not hit on the back foot ? :shrug:

mdterp01
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:54 PM
Haters Gon' Hate!!!! Bitches Gon' Bitch!!!

omoruyi
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:58 PM
Vika is a hard worker and she never gets the luck you're speaking about. :shrug:

The problem with Serena is that she only has one shot technically sound but the rest of her game doesn't credit her supposed greatness. Just watch slow motions between Steffi and Serena, the first is poetry in action the other is a beast. I'm not hating just observing.

The huge difference between Serena and girls like Arantxa Rus or Julia Görges they are all technically challenged but Serena has such willingness for the ball to go in that it finally goes in and that's one thing to learn from her. So for the younger players if you're tehnic isn't sound like Kimmie's or Lindsey just very very strongly believe it will go in and miraculously it will.

you cant teach 'competetive greatness' , it is a superlative & innate quality that is developed within self-confident players, who then become all-time greats. its almost like having 'super powers'... Azarenka may never even approach this level of awesomeness if she doesnt become a 'great' player ~ ;) its up to her...

your rant about the 'rest' of serenas game is an oxymoron ~ :bigwave:

mykarma
Jul 1st, 2010, 11:05 PM
Seriously.

Great tournament for Petra and the first set here was high caliber,

I hope she can build on this because she has a fine game.

All this talk about saving the WTA is so annoying and condescending.

Great serving by the best server in the history if women's tennis. Her game will never look as beautiful on grass as her sister's, but she's headed for another title.
That's a joke because when Justine and Kim returned people claimed that they were back to save the WTA.

mykarma
Jul 1st, 2010, 11:26 PM
If she's that bad then your favs must really suck.

mykarma
Jul 1st, 2010, 11:37 PM
Never thought I'd be happy Serena was winning another major but thankfully she will keep some scrub from winning.
:help:

DemWilliamsGulls
Jul 1st, 2010, 11:47 PM
Proud of you BABY!!! The title is at grasp!!!! NO MERCY BABY!!!! Keep Williams on the trophy!

mykarma
Jul 1st, 2010, 11:47 PM
it's better than some scrub winning, at least its better for her to win to protect the integrity of the sport :shrug:
:rolleyes:

WOW! Who'd a thunk there'd be so many people who speak Whinese and Bitchiguese in one thread? :scratch:
:lol::lol::lol:

Of course he/she knows it, that's why he said it.

mykarma
Jul 1st, 2010, 11:53 PM
A very entertaining pair of matches today. So often the semis are hugely disappointing. I didn't think Serena played that badly at all. Her serve is just unbelievably good right now and gives her such an advantage, however I was very impressed with Petra. Not at all over awed and some truly magnificent volleys and touch play! Of course, she's not 62 in teh world for nothing, and the big points were the difference. Serena played the important ones so well, the result was not really seriously in doubt, you just wondered how hard she would have to work to win.

Kudos to Petra, she didn't give it away, well, maybe a little in the last couple of games, but she kept it tight for the majority of the match and has to get a huge boost from this tournament. 6-0 sets against Wozniacki and Azarenka, taking Serena to a tie break and being the first to break her serve.
Her lefty serve was effective and I liked how agile she is for a 6 footer. Will she fade away into the 30-40 rankings or will she make the breakthrough now and be a regular top 20 player?

Serena is pure class. I am not a fan, but you have to admire what a champion she is.
I'm glad she won but had my doubts with the outcome.

Zojirushi
Jul 2nd, 2010, 12:17 AM
Congrats Serena. Good tournament Petra:hug:

ZODIAC
Jul 2nd, 2010, 12:23 AM
Kvitova played great fearless tennis but inexperience got the better of her,she has beaten good players before like Venus,Wozniacki,Azarenka and others.I think she will get better moving on to the hardcourts where she reached fourth round of USA Open09.

matty
Jul 2nd, 2010, 01:20 AM
You got me wrong we're not talking person here so what's up with all that ? :sad: Ok here's a better image for you it's just like wine, French wine compared to other wines. It comes at a point where one is better than the others in mouth. Steffi's Beaujolais is more tasteful than Serena's from the US ? :shrug:

Serena doesn't have a textbook forehand but the will that she has makes the ball go in now in terms of esthetics Serena's FH isn't top 5 and surely not in front Lindsey, Steffi, Ana, Kim bar follow through, Sabine and some others.

Yah, I get it. You think Serena has an ugly forehand. I don't even particularly like her groundstrokes. But "Beast" sounds rather derogative in this case.
On the flipside, Serena has one of the most gorgeous, perfect, effective serves ever--I suppose fans could go on and on and on about her fabulous serve if people are going to go on and on about her uglyforehand. But who cares -- she's got 12 slams--must be doing something right and I guarantee she's got more than a serve. There's no way you win 12 slams with only a great serve and a "will" for your forehand to go in.

égalité
Jul 2nd, 2010, 01:45 AM
Oh no Petra http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/Darklingv20/frownpova.gif

Closer than expected though.

Black Mamba.
Jul 2nd, 2010, 02:47 AM
I was saving this one for a special occasion but oh well!

http://i45.tinypic.com/4t7vdj.jpg

gmokb
Jul 2nd, 2010, 03:19 AM
I swear some of you act like you are tennis pros/players/trainers.:devil: Serena this and Serena that but yet she is still there, after defeating many of your favourites. Whats does that say about your favourites?:eek: A pusher, player with no skill, only luck, has sent them packing.:fiery:

gmokb
Jul 2nd, 2010, 03:26 AM
I was saving this one for a special occasion but oh well!

http://i45.tinypic.com/4t7vdj.jpg

:worship::worship: I just want her to give them more to talk about.

SAEKeithSerena
Jul 2nd, 2010, 03:27 AM
love the hate on Serena making another final and third in a row.
the title is hers.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 2nd, 2010, 05:45 AM
:woohoo: Get that 13th slam Rena! :bounce:

Aaron.
Jul 2nd, 2010, 05:51 AM
Lol @ everyone being shocked about Serena's ground game this has been going on for a while now :lol:

Dor Y
Jul 2nd, 2010, 06:00 AM
thank god. I don't understand how kvitova made this far.. :o

bandabou
Jul 2nd, 2010, 06:21 AM
What makes you think I'm hating ? :shryg: The problem is all people care about the win but the 'how' doesn't matter most. People are quick to jump on certain players when the manner isn't there e.g Caroline but when it's Serena only the win counts. Think of that. ;) Serena didn't show nothing against Petra that she deserved to be in the finals.

The definition of a pusher is waiting for the opponents errors well I saw the match and Serena's strategy was clearly to push. I would never call her a pusher which would have no sens but she served well and waited for the errors. :shrug:

:confused: Were it not for Petra's errors Serena would have never gotten any type of breaks I'm surprised you're trying to deny that. That clearly wasn't Serena's best match in terms of returns of serve and if you can't return you get no break unless if you push for the errors like Serena did.

The problem with Serena is that she only has one shot technically sound but the rest of her game doesn't credit her supposed greatness. Just watch slow motions between Steffi and Serena, the first is poetry in action the other is a beast. I'm not hating just observing. :angel:

Serena kind of reminds me of Fernando Gonzales, just a forehand and guess what I don't like his style of play either so why would I change my mind for Serena ?

It is her problem since she feels that she couldn't hit any sort of winners from the backcourt and that her access to the finals depended on if Petra could actually put shots in when it counted. Jimmy Arias on ESPN2 said the same, Serena likes to feel that matches depends of her level of play clearly in that match she couldn't get her level from E to A+ so she relied on what Petra wasn't going to do which is put the shots in when it counted the most equals pushing. :shrug:

:haha: :rolls: Blah blah...Caroline LOST 6-2 and 6-0 to Petra, while Serena WON 7-6 and 6-2. So I don't know what u talking about, friend.

:haha: And watch the slow-motions of Serena's serve, it was poetry in motion too. But you somehow want to think that the serve doesn't count as a shot. So what gives? A beast huh?! Nice, nice..

Nooo, it isn't her problem. Because she WON..it's Petra who has the problem now. She didn't have an A-game yesterday, sure..but she didn't insist to keep trying for shots that she couldn't hit..instead just keeping the ball in play and let Petra self-distruct. It's smart play..

But I understand why u are still :hysteric: :sobbing: ...HATERRRR!! :nerner:

Apoleb
Jul 2nd, 2010, 06:27 AM
I watched the first set, and my thought was that.. someone please take out the oxygen from the WTA. Kvitova started well, and up until 4-3 played decently. But then she devolved into a hardly top 50 player, and couldn't find the court, even the doubles alley, to save her life. Serena didn't even serve that amazing, and was abysmal from the ground. She still won the set in a Wimbledon semi.

Apoleb
Jul 2nd, 2010, 06:30 AM
Lol @ everyone being shocked about Serena's ground game this has been going on for a while now :lol:

On grass it's simply more pronounced. The lazy footwork means she's hardly ever in position to correct for the bounces. She played decent (AO final) to excellent(0-4 down QF) baseline tennis this year in the AO.

claypova
Jul 2nd, 2010, 06:49 AM
:woohoo:

Carotastrophe
Jul 2nd, 2010, 07:14 AM
Petra! That was probably a once-in-your-lifetime chance :o

StephenUK
Jul 2nd, 2010, 09:01 AM
Another great performance from Serena and from Kvitova in the first set. Serena has kept her head and her game whilst everyone else has lost theirs so she well deserves her place in the final. Kvitova has had a brilliant Wimbledon and she can leave SW19 with her reputation hugely enhanced.

bandabou
Jul 2nd, 2010, 09:18 AM
Another great performance from Serena and from Kvitova in the first set. Serena has kept her head and her game whilst everyone else has lost theirs so she well deserves her place in the final. Kvitova has had a brilliant Wimbledon and she can leave SW19 with her reputation hugely enhanced.

Yess...the way it is.

Corswandt
Jul 2nd, 2010, 10:23 AM
Surprisingly good performance from Mighty Kvitty, who was on fire up until halfway through the 1st set. She was playing spectacular first strike tennis, even having a go at Serena's serve with some success. Most of the WOW! shots throughout the match were hers. And I honestly didn't know she could volley (even difficult low volleys) this well. But she couldn't keep it up - in the latter stages of the 1st set and for most of the 2nd, she hit a crass error on way too many of the deep balls she got, and her fighting spirit couldn't possibly make up for her being outplayed in most baseline rallies (her rally shots are lacking in terms of raw pace, and she either finishes off the points with a couple of shots or finds herself being bossed around, inevitably leading to a forced or near forced error). Her serve was again remarkably effective considering that it's far from the top of the WTA in terms of km/h.

As for the lower effectiveness of Serena's serve yesterday, IMO it was a combination of factors:

- Serena taking a little off her 1st serve to get a higher % in;
- Kvitova and her team must have studied Serena's serving patterns attentively - Kvitova rarely seemed to be wrongfooted/surprised by Serena's serve;
- Kvitova's reflexes on ROS were really clicking (she's usually a rather poor returner).

Serena's FH needed its own laugh track, but Kvitova couldn't take advantage of it because she doesn't really construct points in the usual way by dictating rallies.

Mixal
Jul 2nd, 2010, 12:02 PM
I wasn't able to see the match, but reading these comments I don't get it how was she outplayed when she won the 2nd 6-2?

Anyway, was the 1st set without breaks?

I'm really glad to see Serena & Vera in final!

Raiden
Feb 7th, 2011, 03:24 PM
She pushed all match. In almost every rally it was clearly in Petra's hands. ESPN showed her rally points 80% behind the baseline. Kvitova was 50% INSIDE the baseline.Yup. The great escape! Pusherena even moonballed Kvitova on so many occasions yet she got away with it. Let's face it, Serena is so overrated, it's mostly due to luck that she won a couple of slams, like Fiona. All it takes to beat Serena is aggressive flat striker with good serve. Lucky for Ree the tour is so pathetically depleted that she actually looks good while in reality her game suffers from many weaknesses. Ree was afraid of the net and hit virtually no drop shots and slices during the match. :wavey:

Pump-it-UP
Feb 7th, 2011, 03:33 PM
What a desperate bump. :lol: :tape:

A Clijsters fan is the last person I expect to be minimizing the accomplishment of winning a Wimbledon semi. :tape:

The Witch-king
Feb 7th, 2011, 04:53 PM
desparate.