PDA

View Full Version : NBC is just full of fail

wildemu
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:22 PM
This isn't 1998 anymore where you can pull off stunts like this. The bottom line is there needs to be more vocal outrage about how they handle the scheduling. I can't be the only one screaming at them people. :cool:

mckyle.
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:23 PM
Money > Vocal outrage.

darrinbaker00
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:25 PM
What's the problem? :shrug:

saul1333
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:26 PM
What did they do?

wildemu
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:26 PM
For me at least on the east coast, they arent showing the serena match until noon. I'm guessing west gets it live?

saul1333
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:27 PM
No :lol: We also have to wait until 12 (west coast time :mad:)

Wiggly
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:29 PM
No :lol: We also have to wait until 12 (west coast time :mad:)

Wow. :eek:
Anyone interested in this match will be aware of the result 2 hours before the coverage starts. :tape:

thegreendestiny
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:32 PM
atdhe.net

wildemu
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:32 PM
atdhe.net

bless you, thanks.

Smithee
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:33 PM
Radio Wimbledon is bashing NBC up and down saying that American fans are wondering why they are showing a replay of Berdych-Federer on ESPN instead of Serena and the male announcer sighs and said "Well that's NBC for you. Sorry America." :lol:

This "embargoing" of matches is pure and utter :silly::silly: When NBC comes on they'll pretend as though the match was "live.":lol:

VS Fan
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:35 PM
NBC loves taped matches because it is easer to load with their commercials. They do it all the time. ESPN should be allowed to show the LIVE match.

saul1333
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:36 PM
Radio Wimbledon is bashing NBC up and down saying that American fans are wondering why they are showing a replay of Berdych-Federer on ESPN instead of Serena and the male announcer sighs and said "Well that's NBC for you. Sorry America." :lol:

This "embargoing" of matches is pure and utter :silly::silly: When NBC comes on they'll pretend as though the match was "live.":lol:

They do tape it live and air it..but I guess Al Roker's book club is more important :lol:

darrinbaker00
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:39 PM
Well, we know NBC will never pre-empt "The Today Show" for tennis, but what else do they have on before 12:00?

saul1333
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:42 PM
Well, we know NBC will never pre-empt "The Today Show" for tennis, but what else do they have on before 12:00?

Today and Ellen..

iGOAT
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:43 PM
Bastards. Just let ESPN show it :o I doubt the ratings of a not-yet-shown replay are better than an already-shown one.

wildemu
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:46 PM
the geniuses also dedicated five hours of coverage for one match. Here's an idea, show the match, then let all the desperate housewives enjoy their ellen.

darrinbaker00
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:47 PM
Today and Ellen..
The fourth hour of "Today" AND Ellen? OK, now I'm upset. :fiery:

iGOAT
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:48 PM
the geniuses also dedicated five hours of coverage for one match. Here's an idea, show the match, then let all the desperate housewives enjoy their ellen.
With five hours showing a taped match, they get to put commercial breaks between all games instead of just odd games ;).

mboyle
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:52 PM
Right, because Americans really want to watch Petra Kvitoppfojffjf;plojpojovic

goldenlox
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:00 PM
Right, because Americans really want to watch Petra Kvitoppfojffjf;plojpojovic
They are going to show Kvitova, but Ebersol doesnt want live sports, unless he has to, like NFL

hdfb
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:08 PM
On Australian free-to-air, they showed a double episode of The Mentalist instead of one episode to avoid showing as much of the Pironkova-Zvonareva match as possible. When they started, they had just began the third set.

Tennis Fool
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:26 PM
For NBC, it will always be 1980 :hearts:

Listening to Radio Wimbledon, the commentators are reading emails and tweets from disgusted Americans :lol: Although now they have to listen to a commentator who is disgustingly anti-Serena :help:

Mattographer
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:31 PM
On Australian free-to-air, they showed a double episode of The Mentalist instead of one episode to avoid showing as much of the Pironkova-Zvonareva match as possible. When they started, they had just began the third set.
Oh, joy of Australian TV :hearts:

ptkten
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:33 PM
Channelsurfing.net has a live stream for those who don't want to wait.

kiwifan
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:53 PM
As a West Coast resident following my favorite player on a f*cking CNN scoreboard while watching reruns on ESPN2, I can only say...

...this sucks.

azinna
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:59 PM
The only way this changes is if NBC ends up with ratings and ad revenue so low that it's better for them to "sell" ESPN the opportunity to show the semis live -- at a considerably reduced rate -- in situations like these: i.e. when so many marquee players are out that only diehard fans would want to watch any of it taped.

But it'll probably take everyone in the industry another 5 years to adapt to the livelink age and figure out a financial model that makes such common sense.

Gdsimmons
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:01 PM
ESPN had coverage up to 12. I dont get why NBC would want to show a delayed match

Leo_DFP
Yes, it was bad. But we all know NBC is utter shit and they don't actually want to cover sports, particularly tennis - they just want to play commercials and make money. American corporate bullshit.

It's why you need to use livescorehunter.com. I got to watch with Lindsay commentating. Way better than JMac/Carillo on tape. :lol:

mdterp01
NBC is ridiculous. With streams on the internet in which I just watched it live or being able to follow it on a live scoreboard, why in the hell would I want to watch this taped shit? EPIC, MASSIVE FAIL by NBC.

Serena y Monica
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:16 PM
Nothing new...not that it makes the behavior less disgusting...The only real solution is for ESPN to outbid NBC when their contract is up. Not that ESPN has been that much better. preempting tennis for f'n soccer.

Gdsimmons
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:20 PM
I wonder if its gonna be the same tomorrow for Nadal Murray since joker is 1st on ESPN

Sp!ffy
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:21 PM
I'm tired of fucking watching a tennis match on my computer when I could watch it on a bigger, HD television. The future of tennis = crappy live streams. Wow.

Serena y Monica
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:22 PM
I wonder if its gonna be the same tomorrow for Nadal Murray since joker is 1st on ESPN
Yep...only espn has the joker match...so I guesss they'll replay men's or womens after.

Serena y Monica
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:23 PM
Same with the final I think. NBC will start broadcast @ 7. So unless they start an hour later the match will be delayed.

simonsaystennis
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:39 PM
I always tell my friends and family that I absolutely HATE when NBC covers tennis. They do a horrible job. They did this last weekend with the Sharapova match too. :o

Super Dave
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:58 PM
NBC has always blown. Thank God I could watch it at work with a stream.

http://gadgetsteria.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/nbc-fail.jpg

Serenita
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:03 PM

:lol::lol: Thats just sick!!1

The Witch-king
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:05 PM
oh get over it girls.

Should have watch a livestream

Derek.
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:28 PM
I wish The Tennis Channel would just buy it all, ugh. :o

Atrixo
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:33 PM
And they wonder why they're the last ranked "major" network on television. They're barely above the CW. Haha! :lol:

NBC is a total fail! :o

mand
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:49 PM
Same in France with Sport+, the only channel that has the broadcasting rights. Not only it's a paying channel but they never show anything live. I think the semis will be shown tonight at midnight :lol: That's why nobody cares about Wimbledon, nobody can watch it. They didn't even show Amélie's final in 2006, I had to dig some horrible internet feed, you could barely see the ball.

They're worthless.

At least nowadays if you search well you can find very good feeds.

Bruno71
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:50 PM
The people that can generally watch tennis in America at noon, i.e. the housewives/househusbands that stay home and kill time before their soaps, will have no idea if the match is live or not. They're fine watching the American dismantle the foreigner.

HippityHop
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:36 PM
I wish The Tennis Channel would just buy it all, ugh. :o

Agreed. I hate network coverage of the slams. :mad:

And why is the Tennis Channel calling itself the home of the slams if it's not? :fiery:

Gdsimmons
Jul 1st, 2010, 09:58 PM
Why would they put the biggest mens match on delay tomorrow?? I think thats crazy

So the final will be LIVE on Saturday right?

keithb1961
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:00 PM
In my opinion, all sports need to be shown live. Its almost impossible not to hear the outcome first.....If NBC cant show it live, let someone else show it...Coverage on the west coast is totally ridiculous.....

darrinbaker00
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:07 PM
Why would they put the biggest mens match on delay tomorrow?? I think thats crazy

So the final will be LIVE on Saturday right?
Right. Both singles finals will be shown live Saturday and Sunday at 9:00 AM EDT.

edificio
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:18 PM
I'm tired of fucking watching a tennis match on my computer when I could watch it on a bigger, HD television. The future of tennis = crappy live streams. Wow.

Yes, but...watching it on a live stream LIVE is so much better than waiting hours and hours later (I'm on the West Coast) to see it on tape larded with ads and a crapload of gossipy/smarmy commentary from Ted, Johnny Mac, and Carillo. (Still I'm rewatching the Zvonareva/Pironkova match on t.v. It was just too much fun seeing Vera win.)

ArturoAce.
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:20 PM
LOL, I woke up to Ellen dancing in my face like she was teasing me. :o

Serena y Monica
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:24 PM
Agreed. I hate network coverage of the slams. :mad:

And why is the Tennis Channel calling itself the home of the slams if it's not? :fiery:

Good point...sorry I have no answers.

Serena y Monica
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:29 PM
Right. Both singles finals will be shown live Saturday and Sunday at 9:00 AM EDT.

I hope ur right...but 9et is 6pt...and my guide says match starts @ 7pt. So maybe an hour dly in west?

shoparound
Jul 1st, 2010, 11:32 PM
ESPN has the best tennis coverage... when NBC isn't stealing it

Lefty.
Jul 1st, 2010, 11:34 PM
I hope ur right...but 9et is 6pt...and my guide says match starts @ 7pt. So maybe an hour dly in west?

I live on the West coast and my guide says 6 AM :scratch:

Serena y Monica
Jul 1st, 2010, 11:46 PM
I live on the West coast and my guide says 6 AM :scratch:

I'm looking at tv guide from the paper here in AZ...when I get home I'll check my Direct channel guide...either way I really hope ur right. While I can use the stream...I prefer my LG 47" 240hz LED:drool:

Gdsimmons
Jul 2nd, 2010, 01:15 AM
ESPN has the best tennis coverage... when NBC isn't stealing it

so true. When ESPN is playing it without NBC, its really good coverage

nikita771
Jul 2nd, 2010, 02:55 AM
I agree that the NBC coverage sucks. It makes no sense. Since they have the rights, it's not shown on espn3.com. Thankfully, there is justin.tv. Unfortunately, that's the only way around those idiots.