PDA

View Full Version : Tennis gets jerked around by TV corerage, esspecially in Australia.

Danii's Law
Jul 1st, 2010, 06:36 AM
I saw this article today and thought it really ran true.
We get stiffed in Australia with live sport especially tennis.
I remember Channel Nine showed the ladies final of Wimbledon 2 years ago on a 1 hour delay just to so some stupid movie.
Here is the article (it mentions the Clijsters v Henin match)
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion/we-need-a-tv-sports-code-that-makes-you-a-winner/story-e6frfhqf-1225886394912

Danii's Law
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:18 AM
On a side note just saw that in Australia they are showing the semis tonight, 1 and a half hours after the start time. Both these semi's could be done by then.
I'm sure its not like this in other countries.

Serenus Christ
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:48 AM
This thread is already invented under the Australian & New Zealand Player Forums.
BUT ANYWAY
ITS SOO ANNOYING!!!!
AND MENS MATCHES GET 1000 x PREFERENCE!
AND THEY WOULD RATHER SHOW LUZAC OR WHATEVER HIS NAME OVER THE JOHN ISHNER MATCH
WTFFFFFFFFFF CRAZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
and yeah we should be able to see serena tonight so thats all that matters..
LOL

eck
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:53 AM
What annoys me the most is that whilst 9 is showing lame matches on Centre Court or the marquee courts, sometimes Foxtel can't air what's on Court 1 simultaneously :help:

Danii's Law
Jul 1st, 2010, 07:54 AM
Yeah I know Luczak on court 7 over whatever WTA match is on centre court. Insanity.

Pat Bateman
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:03 AM
Channel 9 sucks. "Live coverage" my arse.

Melange
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:09 AM
Luczak on court 7 :lol::lol::lol:

Rising Sun
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:15 AM
and they continue to use the most horrible commentators :help:

Melange
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:19 AM
Fred Stolle is the Benaud of tennis. The newer ones arent too bad.

Rising Sun
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:26 AM
Fred Stolle is the Benaud of tennis. The newer ones arent too bad.
Which newer ones? Newk & Woodforde??? :tape:

Bring back Kerryn Pratt. :sobbing:

Melange
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:28 AM
I can see why people wont like them but I only watch the coverage in small doses.

Coke Zero
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:33 AM
The thing is, they spend millions on advertising trying to get us to believe that 'sport should be free' and that sporting events should be on free-to-air television and not on pay TV. Then when they get the chance to broadcast a tournament like Wimbledon they fuck it up. There's one reason I subscribe to pay TV and that is it's sport coverage.

Even with the NRL, they show just one live match a week, and two replays. That's 3 of 8 matches shown. Only 1 live.