PDA

View Full Version : IF V. Williams Does Retire, How Will That Affect S. Williams?

meteor
Jun 30th, 2010, 09:56 PM
so here we have it. venus is a heartbeat away from calling it quits. now, the more important question is, what does this do to s. williams? my answer; she retires with a flourishing love life with common within six months.

by the way, please correct me if i have their love interests wrong. i believe there is that golfer for v. williams, and that rapper for s. williams.

volta
Jun 30th, 2010, 09:57 PM
A bit desperate aren't we :lol:

VishaalMaria
Jun 30th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Looks like Serenaidad isn't content with just the one account.

meteor
Jun 30th, 2010, 10:01 PM
A bit desperate aren't we :lol:

come on mate, they're both getting a bit long in the tooth, aren't they? and, i presume they both have normal love lives (although i HAVE always wondered about their creepy dad, and his relationship with them), don't they? hence, it's hardly desperate on my part, it's just asking the obvious :).

Inger67
Jun 30th, 2010, 10:10 PM
so here we have it. venus is a heartbeat away from calling it quits. now, the more important question is, what does this do to s. williams? my answer; she retires with a flourishing love life with common within six months.

by the way, please correct me if i have their love interests wrong. i believe there is that golfer for v. williams, and that rapper for s. williams.

come on mate, they're both getting a bit long in the tooth, aren't they? and, i presume they both have normal love lives (although i HAVE always wondered about their creepy dad, and his relationship with them), don't they? hence, it's hardly desperate on my part, it's just asking the obvious :).

What the hell is your problem? Go back and crawl under your rock. What is your obsession with Venus all of the sudden? I believe she has proved you and many others wrong before and she will do it again, just wait.

moby
Jun 30th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Serena will have the chance to play mixed doubles and finally complete the box set, only the fourth person to do so.
In fact, she should focus on the mixed. Because she could be the first person to have a non-calendar slam for all 3 events.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jun 30th, 2010, 10:23 PM
When did Vee say she was retiring? :shrug:

Direwolf
Jun 30th, 2010, 10:32 PM
They will retire together FYI!!

Direwolf
Jun 30th, 2010, 10:32 PM
Like in 9 years

dreamgoddess099
Jun 30th, 2010, 10:37 PM

If you've got those kinds of thoughts in your head, perhaps you're the creepy one.

narutos
Jun 30th, 2010, 10:41 PM
They will retire together FYI!!

And who said that.
Seriously I think it's becoming frustrating for Venus because Serena is actually winning Majors, Venus seems not able to. She just can't wait for Serena to crumble she needs to take a decision for her own good.

dreamgoddess099
Jun 30th, 2010, 10:46 PM
And who said that.
Seriously I think it's becoming frustrating for Venus because Serena is actually winning Majors, Venus seems not able to. She just can't wait for Serena to crumble she needs to take a decision for her own good.

They said it themselves.:rolleyes: Anyway, I don't know why some of you are so hopeful about retirement, it means nothing these days because they all seem to come back.

sammy01
Jun 30th, 2010, 10:48 PM
serena will be free to get a decent doubles partner finally :lol: :tape: :p :help:

volume3d
Jun 30th, 2010, 10:53 PM
i hope they dont retire very soon.......they can still play amazing for 3 or 4 years...or even more....cant imagine WTA without sisters

LUIS9
Jun 30th, 2010, 11:02 PM
When did Vee say she was retiring? :shrug:
Ditto, when did Venus say she will be retiring? or has she even given any indications or signs that she will?
Besides, eventhough Serena loves Venus to death, they are individuals and I think Serena can coexist without Venus on tour, she's more ambitious and has that kind of mentality.

meteor
Jun 30th, 2010, 11:31 PM
What the hell is your problem? Go back and crawl under your rock. What is your obsession with Venus all of the sudden? I believe she has proved you and many others wrong before and she will do it again, just wait.

oh, PUH-LEEZE! Mr. Williams keeps saying on his $10 hat, "Jehovah Is My God". Well, you know what, lovely white russian girls are my goddesses, so screw you!

Zweli
Jun 30th, 2010, 11:43 PM
This!

Pureracket
Jun 30th, 2010, 11:50 PM

Then who would you have to post about? Would you still make up new accounts on this board?

edificio
Jun 30th, 2010, 11:59 PM
Q. When you have a match like today, to what degree does it make you think about the possibility of having a limited time left in your career; that maybe this isn't what you want to pursue all the time?

VENUS WILLIAMS: Well, why wouldn't I want to pursue this? I'm pretty good at it most days. Today I didn't seem to be the best tennis player, but for the most part, I rock and roll this game.

I'll give it up when I'm just terrible. It would take more than just a few bad days in a year to make me quit tennis. So that's not even in the equation. http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/interviews/2010-06-29/201006291277828302109.html

She's not retiring anytime soon.

Try this thread again when she isn't ranked in the top ten.

Stamp Paid
Jul 1st, 2010, 12:06 AM
Serena will have the chance to play mixed doubles and finally complete the box set, only the fourth person to do so.
In fact, she should focus on the mixed. Because she could be the first person to have a non-calendar slam for all 3 events.Navratilova doesnt have it already?

moby
Jul 1st, 2010, 12:28 AM
Navratilova doesnt have it already?No one has it.

Navratilova didn't even complete the box set till 2003 (when she won the Australian Mixed). She never did a non-calendar slam in mixed doubles.

Court doesn't have a non-calendar slam in doubles. (She does have calendar slams in singles and mixed though. And she has a pre-Open era box set AND an Open era box set.)

Hart... well, not in the same league as either, but credit to her for completing the set.

I'm sure Serena could sweep the Mixed Doubles if she hooked up with a Bryan. She already reached 4 mixed doubles finals in a row (out of the 5 times she played the event), losing twice to Venus. Even Hantuchova has a career slam in Mixed Doubles. :sobbing:

AcesHigh
Jul 1st, 2010, 12:31 AM
The OP is such a troll

Sammo
Jul 1st, 2010, 12:55 AM
Venus won't retire before the 2012 olympics

ptkten
Jul 1st, 2010, 01:37 AM
Venus is the one who seems like she enjoys the grind of the regular tour more. If anything, I've always thought it was Serena who would want to retire first and it's Venus who keeps convincing her to still play. Regardless, they will both be playing through the Olympics.

Also, I highly doubt either Venus or Serena would keep playing when the other retires. I have a feeling they will retire at the same time.

DefyingGravity
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:13 AM
STOP SPECULATING. They will retire when they retire

DemWilliamsGulls
Jul 1st, 2010, 02:18 AM
Venus aleady said in her interview reguarding yesterdays loss that she does not plan to retire anytime soon...why do people keep pushing this question?

SAEKeithSerena
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:33 AM
why are there all of these retirement threads?!? VENUS IS NOT RETIRING.

you WISH.

Tennisation
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:35 AM
When did Vee say she was retiring? :shrug:In her quarterfinal match against Pironkova and today's match in doubles. Sometimes you don't have to say things, action speaks louder than words.

Wiggly
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:37 AM
I think both will retire at the same time.

gmokb
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:06 AM
An irrelevant question as she already said she wasn't. People are taking this loss a little too serious. I wonder if some of you bet some serious money and lost.

Venus is the player who lost so much yet she seems to have moved on. Others need to do the same as well.