PDA

View Full Version : Bedanova v Hantuchova (video inside)

Jankarenka
Jun 30th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Just came across this video on youtube. Bedanova was such a stylish player, where is she?

Daniela looks so hot and the outfit is TOP!

What do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWoFLjCG0Xs

Vanity Bonfire
Jun 30th, 2010, 09:31 AM
She retired:bigcry:.

Jankarenka
Jun 30th, 2010, 09:38 AM
She retired:bigcry:.

I was too late :sad:

Libertango
Jun 30th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Yea, I can't remember why Daja retired though :confused: I always remember her beating Monica at the USO. I was so :sad:

Oh and Dani's top is HAWT, but the bottoms are so unflattering IMO.

Polikarpov
Jun 30th, 2010, 10:24 AM
2001 US Open quarterfinalist. I think she used to train with Hingis and Melanie Molitor.

Daniela used to be so good.:sad: One of the few girls back then who could hit a decent kick serve.

Beat
Jun 30th, 2010, 10:35 AM
awful video quality :( but yeah, daja was a cool player :D

So Disrespectful
Jun 30th, 2010, 12:31 PM
The start of Daniela's downfall, she only had 3 or 4 decent tournaments in 2003 after Hopman Cup (including a cakewalk AO QF). :sad:

NyCPsU
Jun 30th, 2010, 01:04 PM
2003 :sad:

Rising Sun
Jun 30th, 2010, 01:06 PM
I miss Daja :sad:

Loved that 2001 US Open outfit of hers...

LCS
Jun 30th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Great variety from Bedanova. Simple and effortless.

rockstar
Jun 30th, 2010, 01:24 PM
wow daniela's movement back then was even worse :spit:

Jankarenka
Jun 30th, 2010, 01:44 PM
I'm glad some of you guys enjoyed this as much as I did. Daja is a joy to watch, please come back swetie :D

SUPER
Jun 30th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Beautiful tennis:drool:

Daja:hearts:

Jankarenka
Jun 30th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Ironically this match was not only the start of Daja's downfall but also Daniela's

matty
Jun 30th, 2010, 03:31 PM
wow daniela's movement back then was even worse :spit:

Didn't help that she was starving herself--the beginning of her dramatic weight loss.

Jankarenka
Jun 30th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Didn't help that she was starving herself--the beginning of her dramatic weight loss.

But she looked so hot there :devil:

danieln1
Jun 30th, 2010, 04:10 PM
This girl beat Monica in the US Open 2001

gmak
Jun 30th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Daja :sad: :sad:

so much potential, but so many injuries :(

Jankarenka
Jun 30th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Daja :sad: :sad:

so much potential, but so many injuries :(

I read somewhere that she had anorexia and hence developed many injuries as a result. Is this true? :sad:

$uricate
Jun 30th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Yea, I can't remember why Daja retired though :confused: I always remember her beating Monica at the USO. I was so :sad:

Oh and Dani's top is HAWT, but the bottoms are so unflattering IMO.

Daja's career basically ended in 2003. Her ranking dropped and she wasnt the same anymore, I remember she tried to have some sort of comeback to topflight tennis in 2005 but she retired at the end of that year.

She also had a lot of problems with the German tennis federation I think, she trained there when she was younger and they claimed she owed them a whole whack of money, which was one of the reasons she continued to play even when she was no longer enjoying it.

I think I remember reading somewhere that she just didnt want to play anymore and ruled out ever coming back.

Such a shame because she was a real talent and my top fave back in the day :sad:

I read somewhere that she had anorexia and hence developed many injuries as a result. Is this true? :sad:

Im not sure about that :scratch:

She was a skinny girl though, which is probably why she got injured a lot 2003-2005.

dusan993
Jun 30th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Well, her father (who was her trainer during carreer) is now coaching Kristyna and Karolina Pliskova, so let's hope they will play as good as Bedanova :)

Sammy Stones
Jun 30th, 2010, 08:48 PM
the only thing I remembered about bedanova was that she used the same nike top (blue, squares) as dani at one point.

Libertango
Jun 30th, 2010, 08:54 PM
^Ha, funnily enough, my memory of her is also that multi-blue squared nike top and a babolat racquet.

Daja's career basically ended in 2003. Her ranking dropped and she wasnt the same anymore, I remember she tried to have some sort of comeback to topflight tennis in 2005 but she retired at the end of that year.

She also had a lot of problems with the German tennis federation I think, she trained there when she was younger and they claimed she owed them a whole whack of money, which was one of the reasons she continued to play even when she was no longer enjoying it.

I think I remember reading somewhere that she just didnt want to play anymore and ruled out ever coming back.

Such a shame because she was a real talent and my top fave back in the day :sad:

Thanks for the info! I always think it's such a shame when people don't enjoy things they're really talented at. :sad:

Josh.
Jun 30th, 2010, 10:38 PM
Even back then Daniela was prone to a meltdown :sobbing:

Viktymise
Jun 30th, 2010, 10:50 PM
I'm pretty sure Bedanova had a terrible back injury that forced her to quit.

Jankarenka
Jul 1st, 2010, 01:46 AM
I'm pretty sure Bedanova had a terrible back injury that forced her to quit.

Ah, thanks. I read that as well and it seems that it really affected her attempted comeback as she couldn't even win matches at ITF level :sad: