PDA

View Full Version : Pironkova and Serena in the final is gonna suck.

josh3135
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:43 PM
I'm gonna put on my time machine hat for a minute...

It's gonna be another 1 and 2 drubbing in the wimby final. Serena is gonna destroy Pironkova in like 40 minutes and tennis will cry.

You folks in England with tickets better see if you can get a refund now so you don't waste your time.

Your thoughts?

goldenlox
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:44 PM
It should be Serena-Vera. But we'll see. Vera is a IW champion, YEC finalist and this is her 2nd slam SF. The 1st was against Safina.

Direwolf
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:46 PM
NO...

its gonna be a better FInal Really!!

Pironkova isnt a gurl who is gonna bend over and let Serena shove it down to her...!!

Pironkova has just beaten Venus...
and Her Confident is as high as ever!!!

and Serena is up for the kill on her revenge for her sista!!

bbjpa
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:49 PM
I'm gonna put on my time machine hat for a minute...

It's gonna be another 1 and 2 drubbing in the wimby final. Serena is gonna destroy Pironkova in like 40 minutes and tennis will cry.

You folks in England with tickets better see if you can get a refund now so you don't waste your time.

Your thoughts?

Put your time machine back in 1988 french open final :lol:

Sefo
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:59 PM
Bartoli had an even more impressive 2 weeks in 2007 and she entered in the final only as spectator, against Venus.
I can't see Pironkova winning a slam coming from nothing. The fluke was already huge, I can't see Serena unforcing the whole match.

edificio
Jun 29th, 2010, 11:00 PM
In the warmup tourney and in the past, Pironkova has not impressed me. But, who knows what is going to happen.

Serena v Vera would be more interesting to me. I wouldn't even mind seeing Vera shed some tears of happiness at a Slam win.

BluSthil
Jun 29th, 2010, 11:14 PM
It will SUCK if no one tunes in ! The WTA must be wetting their pants to see who joins Serena in the finals...

Ok everybody, its 3rd set tiebreaker "inning" stretch...

"Take me out to Wimby center court,
Take me out with the crowd.
Buy me some strawberries and English creme,
I don't care if I never get back.
Let me root, root, root for the underdog,
If she don't win it's a shame.
For it's one, two, three sets you're out,
At the old tennis ball game."

Very good everyone... Cheers

DemWilliamsGulls
Jun 29th, 2010, 11:14 PM
I actually think that russian girl will take out Pironkova.

Dawson.
Jun 29th, 2010, 11:25 PM
It doesn't matter who she faces - it'll still suck. But for the sake of womens tennis it has to be Zvonareva. It just.. it just HAS to be!

eDonkey
Jun 19th, 2011, 12:06 AM
:spit:
And it happened to be just 67.

Steven.
Jun 19th, 2011, 12:13 AM
We didn't get to see Tsvetana much at Eastbourne obviously but she seems much more comfortable on grass? Won't surprise me if she reaches R4 again.