PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon SF: Kvitova def. Kvitova

tennisfan5
Jun 29th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Q. Do you think you can win the tournament here? Do you think you can be Wimbledon champion?

PETRA KVITOVA: No, I don't think. I don't think so, no (laughter.)

Q. Why not?

PETRA KVITOVA: So maybe it's two matches. But, yeah, maybe I can lose in the Serena. I don't know what I can tell. I don't think so, yeah.

:tape::help:

bbjpa
Jun 29th, 2010, 09:05 PM
What's the problem :scratch:

poulao
Q. Do you think you can win the tournament here? Do you think you can be Wimbledon champion?

PETRA KVITOVA: No, I don't think. I don't think so, no (laughter.)

Q. Why not?

PETRA KVITOVA: So maybe it's two matches. But, yeah, maybe I can lose in the Serena. I don't know what I can tell. I don't think so, yeah.

:tape::help:

This :help:

Libertango
Bluff.

Kworb
Jun 29th, 2010, 09:06 PM
:hysteric:

Marionated
Jun 29th, 2010, 09:06 PM
You know that Petra does not speak English well :rolleyes:

tennisfan5
Jun 29th, 2010, 09:10 PM
i think "I don't think so" is pretty clear

Ferg
Jun 29th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Shes playing it quiet... laying a trap so that Serena comes out thinking she has the match won, then WHAM, Kvitova hits about a million fucking winners!

Thanx4nothin
Jun 29th, 2010, 09:11 PM
:lol: well we know she's confident....seriously though, I think there is a bit of a language problem here

edificio
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:25 PM
:lol: well we know she's confident....seriously though, I think there is a bit of a language problem here

Definitely. Seems as though what is represented as Serena means semifinal. :)

Well, she'll get better at English, but it must be hard trying to understand the questions and answering them in another language.

Direwolf
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Kvito Playing Mind Games vs Serena...

davidmario
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Bluff.

Strategy. Don't underestimate Petra:hehehe::smoke:

iPatty
Jun 30th, 2010, 01:06 AM
I :spit: when I read this hours ago on the Wimbledon site.

Kvitova laying ground for this massive upset already. False sense of security befalls Sarina.

davidmario
Jun 30th, 2010, 01:11 AM
if you watch the video interview i think she really meant what she said.

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 30th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Yeah, I don't think Petra expects she is going to beat Serena and I don't see anything wrong with that. Very few people do expect Petra to beat Serena.

It is very important that a tennis player feels confident enough to go for their shots. But beyond that, I would say confidence is overrated anyway. I would say, the right mindset to take to a match involves as little projection towards the outcome of the match as possible. As soon as you start thinking about either winning or losing a match, you lose focus on the present which is about simply winning the next point.

Petra was asked realistically if she though she was likely to beat Serena and said no. That's fine as long as once the match starts she gives it everything she has point after point. If she does that she gives herself the best chance she has of winning the match. Telling yourself or telling others that you think you are going to beat someone doesn't make it happen. A tennis match is played between the time the umpire first says "time" and the time the "umpire" says "game set match". You don't win or lose a match before it starts.

I think its really best to think about both winning and losing during a match as little as possible. Just play hard, focus on the point at hand, and let the chips fall where they may is the best attitude to take to the court and I see no reason why Petra shouldn't be able to do that.

I suspect both Petra and Tsvetana both expected to win one or two matches this Wimbledon at most. But that expectation hasn't stopped them from getting to the semifinals. ;)

Keadz
Jun 30th, 2010, 08:32 AM
Playing the underdog card:cool:, she knows what shes doing.

Serena isn't prepared for these sorts of mind games, Petra will win.

Jajaloo
Jun 30th, 2010, 08:34 AM
She's coming for her own wig! :eek: :eek:

Sp!ffy
Jun 30th, 2010, 08:37 AM
GO REENA! :cheer: :cheer: That's my girl, intimidating other girls where they defeat themselves!! :inlove: No one can dethrone the Queen :devil: Kvitova stands no chance to the QUEEN :worship::worship::worship::worship:

<3 my reena.
-----

did I do a good job or does it need work? :hysteric: a ws fan help me plz

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 30th, 2010, 08:43 AM
I certainly don't think Petra is trying to mess with Serena's head. I think Serena is strong enough that there wouldn't be a lot of point in that. Much more important is that Petra ensures her own head is clear for the big match. So I certainly don't see any headgames going on here with Serena. If anything, the goal is to start the match as relaxed and focused as possible and thoughts of winning this match don't actually contribute to that.

eck
Jun 30th, 2010, 08:49 AM
The bigger question is: how many games will Serena allow Petra to win :o

Lachy
Jun 30th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Oh great attitude Petra...for crying out loud :rolleyes:

tennnisfannn
Jun 30th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Didn't serena laready say how great Kvitova was playing and thought she might be going deep into the tourny. The only trouble is htat left hand, serena seems to struggle with that.

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 30th, 2010, 02:31 PM
i wanna see some boxing speak
talk the talk and walk the walk

Beat
Jun 30th, 2010, 04:47 PM
it's a stupid question by the journalist anyway.

Richie's
Jun 30th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Rena is unbeatable!

new-york
Jun 30th, 2010, 08:05 PM
She doesn't think so but she probably believe that she can.

DeliriousPotato
Jun 30th, 2010, 11:02 PM
Lol this is just like Li in Birmingham.
I love it when they can't speak English, it makes the interviews so much funny :)

The Witch-king
Jun 30th, 2010, 11:55 PM
http://bensbreakfastblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/mad-dog-bite-weird-home-remedies.jpg

Serena better watch out for rabies.

brent-o
Jun 30th, 2010, 11:59 PM
Well, if she would have said she likes her chances against Serena, Serena will just come out madder and ready to beat her down lol

Sammo
Jul 1st, 2010, 12:04 AM
Shes playing it quiet... laying a trap so that Serena comes out thinking she has the match won, then WHAM, Kvitova hits about a million fucking winners!

I'd love to see this, wouldn't it be great if this is exactly what's happening? :rolleyes: